Login

russian armor

Remove counter-barrage.

10 Jan 2021, 17:34 PM

Give axis already mobile arty like hummel.

If only, if only. :hansGG:
11 Jan 2021, 22:30 PM

I think the best option for Counter Barrage is SUPER lower scatter, so it can actually hit lazy players, and allow counter play.

Change FoW scatter mod to 1, change the other scatter modifiers to have a max scatter of 3-5 ish. go back to 160 damage, or 159 to give rocket arti a chance. Or not, either way.

Then, give this to the ML/20, so there is incentive to not put arti near the front lines, and this counters face hugging death rocket arti.
12 Jan 2021, 08:02 AM

I think the best option for Counter Barrage is SUPER lower scatter, so it can actually hit lazy players, and allow counter play.

Change FoW scatter mod to 1, change the other scatter modifiers to have a max scatter of 3-5 ish. go back to 160 damage, or 159 to give rocket arti a chance. Or not, either way.

Then, give this to the ML/20, so there is incentive to not put arti near the front lines, and this counters face hugging death rocket arti.

So make it an insta win against any static arty piece? Why is that a good idea? I agree with OP that counter barrage should be removed but more so from everything, arty is very very powerful and should require babysitting to get the most out of it, no a click, win and forget button.
12 Jan 2021, 08:51 AM

Yea, it would invaldate the B-4. For the ML/20 and leFH, you can use the range on placement to put the gun far enough back so it doesnt overlap as counter barrage does not add range.

Otherwise, just get rid of counter barrage. Howitzers are alreasy pretty easy to use and are quite effective.
12 Jan 2021, 09:08 AM

I think most people have a huge misunderstanding here. Mobile arties like Sexton and Priest are actually at a disadvantage in an arty vs. arty situation. They have a bigger size, shorter range, and also fire fewer shots. Feel free to give them a test, unless hitting direct shot onto the crews and disarm the gun; Sexton and Priest will always be likely to lose, and even more so vs. counter barrage since this ability makes barrage more accurate in terms of destroying the whole thing.
12 Jan 2021, 11:18 AM

Scatter is a Godgiven thing on LeFH. Not very good for some direct, small target destruction like bunker or some other static piece, but the damage it can do if you carpet bomb the frontlines....

I will never forget when my scott was being counter barraged. First shell landed directly on my first scott... 2nd scott was presumably out of range. Was at the edge of the screen and was not firing...boop shell lands on it. Only one with large scatter while rest keep dropping on the first destroyed scott.
13 Jan 2021, 02:34 AM

As it stands it's way too effective to just be a toggle ability. It performs excellently as general harassing artillery fire that requires zero micro. Even if you evade with your arty well you have to barrage from positions far from your other units to prevent scatter hits and on certain maps this makes for precious few barrage positions.

I think it should probably be an ability you have to activate regardless and probably needs further changes as well but the simplest fix could potentially just be making it a timed version of what we currently have with small munitions cost. Something like 5-10 seconds more duration than it takes to do a full Lefh counter barrage so that it rewards pre aiming your gun for effective counter battery. Then double that duration for Cooldown.

Alternatively;

Munition cost ~25:Functions like Sov tracking except showing arty pieces within Lefh barrage range on minimap and highlighted in FoW. Lasts for ~10seconds

Munition cost ~85:Gives temporary sight (not sure of radius) of enemy artillery pieces within Lefh barrage range. Lasts ~10sec. Again more effective if you pre aim gun so that your barrage starts with vision for improved scatter. Also makes it more effective at actual counter battery as mobile arty would need to keep moving for duration to evade and could set up possibility for predictive "skill shot" counter barrages.

Im sure theres a way of making it require more thought to use without making it useless but as of now it sticks out pretty badly as an ability.

13 Jan 2021, 09:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jan 2021, 20:55 PMgbem

meh

trash

RNGfest

nerfed to oblivion

not gonna live long in a 4v4

trash

no... its used like a grenade at best

out of 15 arty pieces 6 of them are irrelevant/bad/got nerfed hard/unreliable... so you have 8 arty pieces distributed among 3 facs as opposed to 7 arty pieces distributed among 2 facs... youre objectively wrong mate...

also quantity of arty pieces doesnt mean shit... you can have a thousand arty options in 1 fac but if all of them are shit then it doesnt matter...

What bullshit is this?
You want COH1 Brit instantgrib everything creeping barrage in COH2?
13 Jan 2021, 09:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2021, 09:03 AMPorygon

What bullshit is this?

You aware of walking stuka?
13 Jan 2021, 09:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2021, 09:03 AMKatitof

I suggest you launch up COH1 and try before saying this.
I failed to see walking stuka can kill a panther, or IS2/comet in COH2, with laser accuracy.
13 Jan 2021, 09:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2021, 09:03 AMPorygon

What bullshit is this?

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2021, 09:03 AMKatitof

CoH1 modder here.

CoH1 creeping barrage use a bit different mechanic. The arty piece fire a shot at the target in the line, and along with it, 2-3 offmap arty shots fall down at the same target. The arty piece only fires about 5-6 rounds along the path, the rests of the shots are offmap.

So with just only a change for arty piece to "walking" barrage, it does not cause much damage, unless it comes along with 2-3 shots, or is accurate laser-lock walking stuka. Think it like katyusha.
14 Jan 2021, 03:50 AM

Did some digging, the ML20 fow multiplier is suppose to be 1.75.

Almost wasnt wrong about the aoe. Not sure about what the reasoning behind removing the extra shell through.

This was in the December commander update e.g the tank hunter commander.
14 Jan 2021, 06:00 AM

Numerically, 1 extra shell means it does just a little less than the leFH when ML/20 achieves Vet 1, and all the other changes are clearly to decrease lethality and concentration. It became a leFH clone, where Counter Barrage let the leFH fight like an ML/20 before that patch.

They removed Precise Shot, ML/20s previous Vet 1 ability, but I'm not sure when.
14 Jan 2021, 06:15 AM

Numerically, 1 extra shell means it does just a little less than the leFH when ML/20 achieves Vet 1, and all the other changes are clearly to decrease lethality and concentration. It became a leFH clone, where Counter Barrage let the leFH fight like an ML/20 before that patch.

They removed Precise Shot, ML/20s previous Vet 1 ability, but I'm not sure when.

https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/67/coh-2-changelog/p3

Post 81.

I ment was it necessary to loose the extra shell when It was on almost equal on terms at vet 1. I would prefer a vet ability for flavour but may be hard to make one adequate for it.
14 Jan 2021, 06:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2021, 17:06 PMVipper

Not really.

The commander got the name "cancer" commander for a reason. Part of that reason was how op UKF counter barrage used to be.

UKF Counter Battery (Advanced Emplacement Regiment) is useless now. It was also a pretty poorly thought out/poorly balanced ability. Should be removed and replaced with something else honestly. It could also be merged into Improved Fortification and only usable from the Mortar Pit (Removed from base artillery)

I don't have an issue really with LEFH Counter Barrage but it should probably be a timed ability and cost ammo due to how effective it can be in games.
15 Jan 2021, 17:40 PM

Counter barrage requires vet 1
If someone in your allies team doesn´t pick recon plus arty and axis has lefh then your team made a bad commander decision

Also you can be sure axis has lefh like brits go emplacements
15 Jan 2021, 19:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2021, 05:56 AMVipper

I one removed counter barrage one will probably have to change artillery design or run the risk of turning large mod game in allied arty festival

let's think about it for a moment..

-Oh sheet they remove my favorite abilty and now i dont know how to manualy operate my lefh pls redesign alied Arty.

Dude i dont know if you know but this ability requiers zero micro input.

What is your next argument ?
Lefh need that ability because what? Mortar pit is really hard to find ?

15 Jan 2021, 19:51 PM

let's think about it for a moment..

-Oh sheet they remove my favorite abilty and now i dont know how to manualny operate my lefh pls redesign alied Arty.

Dude i dont if you know but this ability requiers zero micro input.

What is your next argument ?
Lefh need that ability because what? Mortar pit is really hard to find ?

Lets think this about a minute...

My favorite Priest and Sexton have to reposition after firing or they can be destroyed by Lefh. Lets remove counter barrage because I want to be able to barrage axis all day long with having to reposition.
15 Jan 2021, 19:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2021, 19:51 PMVipper

Lets think this about a minute...

My favorite Priest and Sexton have to reposition after firing or they can be destroyed by Lefh. Lets remove counter barrage because I want to be able to barrage axis all day long with having to reposition.

If you don't reposition your MOBILE arty, you're asking for it to be killed.
And it won't happen because of CB.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment