Login

russian armor

Pershing blows - USF Heavy Cavalry

PAGES (10)down
18 Oct 2020, 03:19 AM

Is it necessary for the Pershing to be so meh right now?

It's armor and health pool leave a lot to be desired. It lacks useful abilities and its reward vs. input feels extremely low. Additionally it has to play extremely careful against typical units like Racketen Werfers and Panthers. I can get equal kills using the Calliope in half the time and more reliable AT using the M36. It's also a massive pain to have out because to be effective you also need to maintain two rear echelons to repair it.

I would suggest one of the following: Add white phosphorus shell, add 160 health, increase armor, increase range by +5 or at least add a self repair ability.
18 Oct 2020, 03:29 AM

I would have to agree the Pershing is garbage at the moment.
18 Oct 2020, 14:25 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I think the AoE nerf should be partially reverted. Pershing's specialty was the superior AI power while you needed to heavily support it against armor. Unfortunately the heavy patch really killed the unit and took its uniqueness.
I'd say change the mid AoE to 50, that would up the OHK radius from 0,7 to 1 meter (pre patch 1,3 or so). Might be enough, although OPs suggestions are also not bad balance wise, I'd rather have the Pershing more squishy and closer to the original design. Especially since Axis have problems against units above 300 armor, so increasing the armor would especially cause more issues.
18 Oct 2020, 14:38 PM

I didn't understand the armor nerf. The extra shot of health should've already been there, an 800 hp 230 fuel vehicle was a dumb idea. They didn't need to nerf the armor in exchange for that, it should've just been fixed

I don't mind the main gun nerfs if they restore it's old armor and keep 960hp
18 Oct 2020, 15:15 PM

Give Pershing a free crew repair ability.
18 Oct 2020, 15:41 PM

The Purrshing used to be a bootleg Heavy but it was extremely lethal to infantry, now it costs more and deals way less consistent damage than 2 HE Shermans, Those two Mediums will do a much better job killing infantry, while having vehicle crews, cheaper smoke than the one HC Commander has and having .50s cals upgrades on top.

I'd just happily remove it from my loadout for another Commander.
18 Oct 2020, 16:15 PM

Pershing is fine as it is

WP on a tank is cancer imo, specially on a heavy.
None of those changes are needed and all together are straight up bonkers.

Support your Pershing like every other heavy and it will do work but dont stall for it and expect it to carry the game on its own
18 Oct 2020, 16:25 PM

Heavies got destroyed, and so does the pershing, and when the heavies became useless, rocket arty took their place as an area denial.
All heavies need a slight buff/nerf-revert on their AOE.
18 Oct 2020, 16:43 PM
Donator 11

I think the CP count needs to come down at the very least, I don't think it needs to go back to its original 9cp but maybe 10 might work better since its rly not a "heavy".
18 Oct 2020, 17:55 PM

The Purrshing used to be a bootleg Heavy but it was extremely lethal to infantry, now it costs more and deals way less consistent damage than 2 HE Shermans, Those two Mediums will do a much better job killing infantry, while having vehicle crews, cheaper smoke than the one HC Commander has and having .50s cals upgrades on top.

I'd just happily remove it from my loadout for another Commander.

srsly ur going to compare the pershing to 2 HE shermans?, damn right 2 HE shermans will be better then the pershing at AI otherwise the pershing will be batsht OP. Its AI was way to good for a single tank and rightfully nerfed along with other heavies. Like the tiger it isnt supposed to be 1 man army and needs to be supported.

It also has high health, good AT, good armour + better AI then most heavies and excellent speed.
18 Oct 2020, 18:11 PM

It's also worth noting that IIRC it has the worst reload out of all the 160 damage heavies (so not counting KT). How it has a worse reload than the 2 stage shell is2 is beyond me but video game.

I think the AoE nerf should be partially reverted. Pershing's specialty was the superior AI power while you needed to heavily support it against armor. Unfortunately the heavy patch really killed the unit and took its uniqueness.
I'd say change the mid AoE to 50, that would up the OHK radius from 0,7 to 1 meter (pre patch 1,3 or so). Might be enough, although OPs suggestions are also not bad balance wise, I'd rather have the Pershing more squishy and closer to the original design. Especially since Axis have problems against units above 300 armor, so increasing the armor would especially cause more issues.

+1

I too want my Pershing to one shot squads across 2 cap points.
18 Oct 2020, 18:17 PM

While we're at it, the KT's 80dmg aoe kill distance is worse than a pz iv last time I checked: 1.04 vs 1.13. This isn't right, the KT 80 aoe should be larger.
18 Oct 2020, 18:44 PM

It's also worth noting that IIRC it has the worst reload out of all the 160 damage heavies (so not counting KT). How it has a worse reload than the 2 stage shell is2 is beyond me but video game.

I don't recall the values but the Pershing gets its rof doubled at vet 3amd before that can get a 30% reduction iirc through combined arms.
18 Oct 2020, 19:03 PM

I don't recall the values but the Pershing gets its rof doubled at vet 3amd before that can get a 30% reduction iirc through combined arms.

Pershing vet3 was nerfed from 50% to 30%, so no, it no longer shoots that rapidly. Its just beefed up, limited comet.
18 Oct 2020, 19:12 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

While we're at it, the KT's 80dmg aoe kill distance is worse than a pz iv last time I checked: 1.04 vs 1.13. This isn't right, the KT 80 aoe should be larger.

While this is true, the King Tiger shoots way more accurately. Plus the mid-far AoE is way way better, so overall this 0,1 m OHK difference will definetely not be felt. KT is great at taking health and models off a squad, somewhere in between the Pershing and ISU.

As Katitof said, this is not true. Also the Pershing has 1 sec of wind down, which will not be affected by vet and comes from a quite slow firing fun anyway (about 7 sec per shot iirc)
18 Oct 2020, 19:43 PM

Pershing is a glorified Comet. It used to be good vs blobs and put fear in enemy infantry but that was offset by the fact that Stug/JP4/Pak can easily scare it away and Panther can 1v1 it easily with superior ROF.

Of all the heavy tanks that were nerfed, Pershing was hit the hardest cause it was never a durable heavy like Tiger or IS2, nor was it fast like the Panther (since it has the durability of a Panther). It was great at AI but that was toned down a lot.

Tiger is still the best heavy tank, even though it was nerfed. It's no longer a one man army like it was before but it's still bread and butter of All-round killer.
18 Oct 2020, 19:49 PM

Pershing is a glorified Comet. It used to be good vs blobs and put fear in enemy infantry but that was offset by the fact that Stug/JP4/Pak can easily scare it away and Panther can 1v1 it easily with superior ROF.

Of all the heavy tanks that were nerfed, Pershing was hit the hardest cause it was never a durable heavy like Tiger or IS2, nor was it fast like the Panther (since it has the durability of a Panther). It was great at AI but that was toned down a lot.

Tiger is still the best heavy tank, even though it was nerfed. It's no longer a one man army like it was before but it's still bread and butter of All-round killer.

Tiger got hit the hardest with nerfs.

the thing with pershing is, its difficult to fit into usf build as they already have powerful options for AI and AT, if you need anti AI, you some of the best main line inf in the game, HE shermans, pack .50cal etc and if you need AT, you have Jackson, the best tank destroyer in the game. Its just not worth going for it when the other options are more reliable.

if the perishing, had something like alot more HP and could become a meat shield, then i can see it have uses and give something USF does not usually have. it just doesn't bring something USF needs on the table.
18 Oct 2020, 20:39 PM

As Katitof said, this is not true. Also the Pershing has 1 sec of wind down, which will not be affected by vet and comes from a quite slow firing fun anyway (about 7 sec per shot iirc)

30%is still at least in line with most bonuses. I know it sucks because it's banking on a munitions but unfortunately the presence of combined arms makes it a tough duck as if you make the reload much faster then combined arms can put it over the top.

18 Oct 2020, 20:51 PM

While this is true, the King Tiger shoots way more accurately. Plus the mid-far AoE is way way better, so overall this 0,1 m OHK difference will definetely not be felt. KT is great at taking health and models off a squad, somewhere in between the Pershing and ISU.

Whilst the accuracy increase is marginal (due to only the 40 vs 45 max range), mid dmg being 56 vs 60 @ 1.25(again marginal) I agree on the far AOE being far superior for wounding. I had not known the far aoe to be so high (8dmg at 1.875[Pz IV] vs 36dmg at 4[KT]).
18 Oct 2020, 21:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2020, 19:49 PMAlphrum

Tiger got hit the hardest with nerfs.

the thing with pershing is, its difficult to fit into usf build as they already have powerful options for AI and AT, if you need anti AI, you some of the best main line inf in the game, HE shermans, pack .50cal etc and if you need AT, you have Jackson, the best tank destroyer in the game. Its just not worth going for it when the other options are more reliable.

if the perishing, had something like alot more HP and could become a meat shield, then i can see it have uses and give something USF does not usually have. it just doesn't bring something USF needs on the table.

I agree. However, the reason Tiger was hit the hardest was because it was by all means, OP. It still has a lot of benefits like HP, armour, penetration, dmg, ROF, etc...
That's why Tiger nerf was felt the most, because before the nerf you could easily use it as a walking fortress with the durability and the AI/AT power. So, yes, it's AI was nerfed but that's only because it was completely out of line as a heavy tank.

Pershing on the other hand was only used as a anti-blob tactic for USF. At least that's how I used it. It was not a meat shield cause it had poor HP and it was not a chaser cause it's slow. It was primarily as a "surprise-surprise, it's a me, Mario!" when a big'ol'blob is heading your way.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 30
Germany 756
unknown 19
Germany 1
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W