Login

russian armor

Pershing blows - USF Heavy Cavalry

PAGES (10)down
20 Oct 2020, 01:49 AM

May be replace ranger with cav rifle with adjustments? It was cavalry company after all.

Tbh if people are so horny to not have to repair their tank like everyone else that could work. I know bundles are gross but cav rifles with the repairing HT from campaign might do the deed.
20 Oct 2020, 05:27 AM

Well REs are sort of balanced repair speed wise with vehicle crew repairs in mind, so they are kinda shit at it and are glorified minesweepers/bazooka carriers

I would go for increasing the Pershing’s HP. It was very durable irl so there’s no problem in that department.
Balance wise, it also makes sense, as increasing its AI has the potential to make it too easy fr it to get wipes (like the pre nerf tiger)

Another slight buff could be making combined arms have a passive were riflemen can conduct rudimentary repairs.
20 Oct 2020, 06:48 AM

May be replace ranger with cav rifle with adjustments? It was cavalry company after all.

That would be one option.
20 Oct 2020, 14:52 PM

It's a heavy cavalry company and it's quite static at that. Rangers on most maps are better equipped with zooks. On some, thompsons are better (denser, CQ maps), rangers synergize more with the Pershing. The whole problem is that people complained about heavy tanks mostly because IS-2 and Tiger were over performing. Then every tank got nerfed, even those that didn't over-perform. Pershing was great at AI, but now blobs are not really scared of it. The HP got buffed but the armor got nerfed so in the end it's more time consuming to keep it alive as the repair is longer and less shots bounce.
It's the worst heavy tank right now, no doubt about it. Tiger is probably the best. KV1 is probably the best at what it does-tanking. KT is still the beast in team games (as it should be, it's not OP nor UP), costly but effective. KV8 can be a toxic killer in the right hands. IS-2 still has the armour and hp and great veterancy bonuses to be worth it. Pershing doesn't stand out in any regard.
The only good thing is that Tiger is the best. Tiger should be the best tank in the game. It used to over-perform but now it's in a great spot, especially if you keep it alive. I still see, even on top 50 1v1 and 2v2 ranks, that people bring in the tiger, rush it to the enemy base like it's impenetrable and complain how it's UP when it gets blown up...
20 Oct 2020, 16:55 PM

Pershing is fine as it is

Support your Pershing like every other heavy and it will do work but dont stall for it and expect it to carry the game on its own

I think more people need to realise this. Heavies were nerfed to become the final cornerstone to finish your army composition with a powerful and effective generalist unit, rather than a rush/stall unit that can carry the fight on their own. I personally think all of the heavies are performing well in this format, bar perhaps a few tiny characteristics. The Pershing still has the most lethal AI iirc and it's the fastest (stock). It can still be very good when used and supported right.
20 Oct 2020, 17:43 PM

I think more people need to realise this. Heavies were nerfed to become the final cornerstone to finish your army composition with a powerful and effective generalist unit, rather than a rush/stall unit that can carry the fight on their own

I don't think more people need to realize that at all. I feel like most of the forum was thrilled when the heavy stall meta was nerfed, so I really don't see how this could be the issue

It's specifically when you compare it to other similar priced heavies that it seems a bit lesser. I really think it should get 300 armor back. 960 health is still less than all the other heavies, so I don't see why it needs less in both of those categories

It's mobility is nice, but it's not worth that lesser protection when both panthers (and many other axis tanks) have a vet 1 speed boost. Imo it's mobility is very overrated specifically because of blitz
20 Oct 2020, 18:10 PM

Why would you go for heavies which needs to be babysit because of their mobility and price while you can go for less expensive and more specialized units which cost less and do a better job without being a enormous slow target to any dumb combo such has ram+IL2 bombing.

As soon as going for sherman+jackson or stug+ostwind become less risky and more cost-efficient, don't expect anyone to gamble all their ressources into a slow turtle unit which can be destroyed with 2 clicks.

For you it is just a cornerstone, but for many it was a keystone which holds everything together and around which you build your army and attacks.

Both vision are legit but only one brings heavy to the meta.

Pip
20 Oct 2020, 18:44 PM

I don't think more people need to realize that at all. I feel like most of the forum was thrilled when the heavy stall meta was nerfed, so I really don't see how this could be the issue

It's specifically when you compare it to other similar priced heavies that it seems a bit lesser. I really think it should get 300 armor back. 960 health is still less than all the other heavies, so I don't see why it needs less in both of those categories

It's mobility is nice, but it's not worth that lesser protection when both panthers (and many other axis tanks) have a vet 1 speed boost. Imo it's mobility is very overrated specifically because of blitz

To be fair, Blitz, as you describe, is a veterancy ability that is both timed and has a munitions cost involved. The Pershing being quite speedy is still nice, given that it's an inherent trait.
20 Oct 2020, 18:51 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Oct 2020, 18:44 PMPip

To be fair, Blitz, as you describe, is a veterancy ability that is both timed and has a munitions cost involved. The Pershing being quite speedy is still nice, given that it's an inherent trait.

What Sky is probably saying is that the Panther can easily catch up with the Pershing even when you reacting late. And trading a Panther (+30 mun) for a Pershing is a good trade resource wise.
20 Oct 2020, 19:02 PM

What Sky is probably saying is that the Panther can easily catch up with the Pershing even when you reacting late. And trading a Panther (+30 mun) for a Pershing is a good trade resource wise.

Yup. Pershing costs a good chunk more fuel and manpower, so that 30 muni isn't much by comparison, especially that late in the game

Panther will usually be on the field before a Pershing too, so having vet 1 already would not be so difficult
Pip
20 Oct 2020, 19:02 PM

True. It's not all that helpful in direct combat scenarios with Axis tanks, but it is still nice to help escape from infantry snares and AT guns.

The fact that the Pershing is inherently "fast" means its more able to traverse the map too, and when compared to other "heavies" its easier for it to be where it needs to be. Perhaps its value is overstated, but I don't think it's a negligible feature of the Pershing.
20 Oct 2020, 19:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Oct 2020, 19:02 PMPip

The fact that the Pershing is inherently "fast" means its more able to traverse the map too, and when compared to other "heavies" its easier for it to be where it needs to be. Perhaps its value is overstated, but I don't think it's a negligible feature of the Pershing.

I don't think it's negligible either, I'm just saying it's not enough to justify the Pershing having lower health AND armor. One of the reasons it's not enough is because blitz is on a large number of axis tanks

The speed is very useful at making the Pershing contribute all over the map. But in big armor battles it gets scared off/killed too easily for it's price imo
20 Oct 2020, 19:10 PM

I don't think it's negligible either, I'm just saying it's not enough to justify the Pershing having lower health AND armor. One of the reasons it's not enough is because blitz is on a large number of axis tanks

The speed is very useful at making the Pershing contribute all over the map. But in big armor battles it gets scared off/killed too easily for it's price imo

because both axis factions generally struggle more vs high armour/health units as they don't have access to high pen/60 range TD's.

all 3 allied factions have non doc high pen, 60 range TD's
20 Oct 2020, 19:13 PM

Anybody remembering about pershing's main strength - ai performance. Might be useful to just remember about it, especially in comparison with panther.
20 Oct 2020, 19:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Oct 2020, 19:10 PMAlphrum

because both axis factions generally struggle more vs high armour/health units as they don't have access to high pen/60 range TD's.

The IS2 has 340 armor and 1040 health, so that's not a good reason. Yes the is2 is slower, but it's mobility is still plenty good enough for a heavy and that protection is much more reliable

I'm only asking to give back 300 armor on Pershing, with 960 health. If it needs a slight mobility nerf that's fine, but I don't think it would need to be much

Anybody remembering about pershing's main strength - ai performance. Might be useful to just remember about it, especially in comparison with panther.

The panther is it's counter. You should compare it to the other 230 fuel heavies, which are all good against infantry as well. And the pershing really isn't that much better than them at AI anymore
20 Oct 2020, 19:29 PM

The IS2 has 340 armor and 1040 health, so that's not a good reason. Yes the is2 is slower, but it's mobility is still plenty good enough for a heavy and that protection is much more reliable

I'm only asking to give back 300 armor on Pershing, with 960 health. If it needs a slight mobility nerf that's fine, but I don't think it would need to be much

The panther is it's counter. You should compare it to the other 230 fuel heavies, which are all good against infantry as well. And the pershing really isn't that much better than them at AI anymore

and that's precisely why is2 is powerful vs Axis, because of its health and armour however, its let down by its speed where as perishing can get out of danger fast. you seem to want the best of both worlds, it got 960 health from 800, so its armour could go down.
20 Oct 2020, 20:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Oct 2020, 19:29 PMAlphrum

its let down by its speed where as perishing can get out of danger fast.

As I have already pointed out, Panther is faster than the Pershing and is stock for both axis factions. And it has blitz. The speed "advantage" really isn't that special

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Oct 2020, 19:29 PMAlphrum

you seem to want the best of both worlds,

Are you blind? I literally said they can nerf the speed if necessary.

I'm aware of what the changes were, it should've just got the health buff. 800 health for a 230 fuel vehicle was absurd, it didn't need to lose armor in ezchange
20 Oct 2020, 23:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Oct 2020, 19:10 PMAlphrum

all 3 allied factions have non doc high pen, 60 range TD's

What about ATGs?
If USF is going Pershing, that means they don't have Rocket Artillery, to force double ATGs away.
21 Oct 2020, 00:59 AM

What about ATGs?
If USF is going Pershing, that means they don't have Rocket Artillery, to force double ATGs away.

Pak howi or Scott says how do you do.
21 Oct 2020, 09:56 AM

Pershing just needs it's 300 armour back from 270. And that's it. It's the will of the community (justified) that the heavies are nerfed but Perhsing was a bit overnerfed last patch.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 42
unknown 19
Germany 851
Germany 39

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L