Login

russian armor

Sander's personal balance changes

PAGES (24)down
4 Sep 2020, 15:20 PM

A slight decrease to moving DPS of two surviving squad members would be a small sacrifice to receive a third G43 which would increase the firepower of a full and 3/4 model squad quite significantly. 3 Gren G43s (and one Kar 98K) would put their total DPS more in line with other semi-upgraded mainline infantry. IIRC it would give them DPS somewhere around a non upgraded to 1 BAR upgraded Riflemen squad.

Good call on the Lend Lease M5, I will add that. I'm not sure about allowing the Special Weapons halftrack to drop weapons without weapon racks tech; I thought that was a specific nerf to the unit some time ago and I assume it was for a good reason. I must admit I'm not very familiar with this unit/commander so I'm not sure what the gameplay implications of such a change would be.

Ah, I see, I didn't catch that standing dps per G43 will stay.

Don't forget about soviet Lend Lease M5 at implementation, it is a separae entitty from stock M5.

As for the special weapons ht I imagine it was nerfed cuz you can give those vickers and piats to your teammates too, fair point.

Lemme put some short explanations to my suggestions I put in my previous post:
  • OKW emplacements: OKW has no means of reinforcing a pak43, lefh or flak emplacements that is not placed right next to battlegroup hq (unless a cooperative ostheer player helps out). In fact I don't think I have ever seen any of these reach vet 5 in competitive.
  • Pioneer and Combat engineer shared vet: these units serve little purpose in combat after early game, especially when they are upgraded with sweepers. Pios however provide vital sight to team weapons, which should be rewarded. Sweeper repair bonus would be removed.
  • M3 scout car shared veterancy: like kübel, unupgraded 251 ht, etc. this vehicle also struggles to gain veterancy on its own. In fact it might worth considering giving this vehicle some vet 2 or 3 ability that makes it worthwhile to keep it alive (all other scout vehicles have active or passive abilities that keep them useful in late game). I mean it gets a nice sight radius with vet, but the T70 can do that too while remaining somewhat combat viable and more durable in late game. I was thinking about giving the guards' button vehicle ability, a soft snare that can make the M3 useful after early game too.

4 Sep 2020, 16:09 PM

Battlegroup HQ

The change is unnecessary complicated. Simply exchange reinforcement with medic, so that the track comes with medics and has to upgrade to be able to reinforce.

Schwerer Panzer HQ
Change to the cost split of the structure and Panzer Authorization costs, in order to make fully upgraded Obersoldaten come sooner, as well as the doctrinal vehicles. In addition, as a reactionary vehicle, the Jagdpanzer IV can be placed in the first stage as well.

Although the change make sense, the Ostwind/Hezter should become call in or buildable from HQ. Specialized doctrinal vehicles should be available even if T4 is lost.
4 Sep 2020, 20:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Sep 2020, 16:09 PMVipper

The change is unnecessary complicated. Simply exchange reinforcement with medic, so that the track comes with medics and has to upgrade to be able to reinforce.

+1. Syncs well with Mech since a lot of times I don't need the forward reinforcement.
5 Sep 2020, 05:15 AM

Good idea, I don't like how OKW is being cut up, and this is a much simpler and more elegant solution. It also makes way more sense to me that the truck with the giant cross on it will always have healing available.
5 Sep 2020, 06:12 AM
Modmaker Badge

Relief Infantry
Relief Infantry is a very weak ability. It is being adjusted in order to make it more attractive to use.
  • Ability no longer gives Osstruppen squads to replace losses, but instead gives a manpower bonus of ~10-15 per casualty sustained while the ability is active

I've been thinking lately about ways of reworking Relief Infantry and Rapid Conscription. Turning them into Recoup Loses equivalents is a solid option (though I'm still trying to come up with something more unique to differentiate more between the factions).

I'm wondering though - why didn't you change Rapid Conscription too? In my opinion, it's equally as bad as Relief Infantry (if not even worse) and commanders that have it are not very good either, so the risk of turning them into meta-monsters is minimal.
5 Sep 2020, 06:47 AM

I've been thinking lately about ways of reworking Relief Infantry and Rapid Conscription. Turning them into Recoup Loses equivalents is a solid option (though I'm still trying to come up with something more unique to differentiate more between the factions).

I'm wondering though - why didn't you change Rapid Conscription too? In my opinion, it's equally as bad as Relief Infantry (if not even worse) and commanders that have it are not very good either, so the risk of turning them into meta-monsters is minimal.
rapid conscription receives the exact same attention reserve infantry does in the mod.

I'm not a fan of this change because these abilities are only in the swamps after countless nerfs to make them more niche. They were pretty neat but altered into uselessness into needing changed. Like reserves used to be a chance to get some ostrppen to replace losses. Then it was changed so you can't actually get them unless you lose like 17 models within 23 seconds. If you mistime the ability even slightly or RNG says miss too many times congrats you just wasted the munitions.
Nerfing the shit out of seldom used abilities is really stupid but it makes a whack more sense considering the next step appears to be changing it outright since the gutted version sees less use that a nuclear butt plug.
5 Sep 2020, 07:01 AM

Relief Infantry and Rapid Conscription could be changed to something that lets you regroup faster, like cutting reinforcement times and cost for the duration.
5 Sep 2020, 10:29 AM

My suggestion is that this abilities provide a new infatry squad with target size 1 that can merge but can not reinforce.

It is also unique and does not load with unwanted squads.

In other words you get the entities back than can move to front line on their own and merge to the squad that are fighting, which perfectly describes "relief" infatry.
5 Sep 2020, 10:51 AM

That would still make backteching for medics cost a (still) ridiculous 270mp/40fu and it also wouldn't solve the issue of bad availability of indirect fire.
5 Sep 2020, 10:58 AM

That would still make backteching to medics cost a (still) ridiculous 270mp/40fu and it also wouldn't solve the issue of the bad availability of indirect fire.

My point is that the truck come with reinforcement, since if one is backtehcing is rather pointless because one will probably place the truck in base. So one is actually paying for reinforcement that he does not really need.

Have the truck come with heal instead of reinforcement and Leig if you want move any cost you like to the vehicles and reinforcement or even add the add the FRP to it.

With the changes in OKW design there is no reason for the truck to come reinforcement (useless most of the time) instead of healing.
5 Sep 2020, 11:02 AM

The medic upgrade could be switched with a reinforcement upgrade, but imo the tech split (moving the vehicles and FRP into a secondary tech) is still needed to make backteching more affordable to make the faction's tech less rigid. I'm sure the average player could handle an extra button just like USF's tech upgrades.
5 Sep 2020, 11:10 AM

The medic upgrade could be switched with a reinforcement upgrade, but imo the tech split (moving the vehicles and FRP into a secondary tech) is still needed to make backteching more affordable to make the faction's tech less rigid. I'm sure the average player could handle an extra button just like USF's tech upgrades.

I am all for extra teching since it allow to fine tuning timing. (Had even posted that it would become necessary for OKW during the USF revamp)

The problem imo is teching for okw's secondary items is currently different and the difference will become even worse.

The timing/cost of faust/hmgs should be the same regardless if someone goes T1 or T2 and as long as these thing require truck set up the cost should be the same.

My point thou is that there simply no need for separate medic upgrade, separate mechanized upgrade, separate FRP upgrade. One could have the truck come with medic have one upgrade for vehicles/reinforcement/FRP or for vehicles one for FRP/Reinforcement (since the is little reason for one without the other).
5 Sep 2020, 11:15 AM
Modmaker Badge

rapid conscription receives the exact same attention reserve infantry does in the mod.

I didn't know that. It isn't mentioned in the change notes in the first post and I haven't tried the mod yet. It makes sense now, though I'm still hoping there's a unique and useful way of replacing those abilities, while keeping their theme.

Relief Infantry and Rapid Conscription could be changed to something that lets you regroup faster, like cutting reinforcement times and cost for the duration.

The problem with this solution is that there isn't much interaction between this ability and your opponents. You pop it outside of combat and your opponent might not even know that it happened.

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2020, 10:29 AMVipper

My suggestion is that this abilities provide a new infatry squad with target size 1 that can merge but can not reinforce.

It is also unique and does not load with unwanted squads.

In other words you get the entities back than can move to front line on their own and merge to the squad that are fighting, which perfectly describes "relief" infatry.

I've read your suggestion in some other threads and I think it's kinda nice and thematic thematic, but a bit counter-intuitive, as the game revolves around not losing your squads. It also creates some peculiar situations - what about re-crewing abandoned team weapons with them? Will they be able to reinforce or not?
5 Sep 2020, 11:22 AM

I've read your suggestion in some other threads and I think it's kinda nice and thematic thematic, but a bit counter-intuitive, as the game revolves around not losing your squads. It also creates some peculiar situations - what about re-crewing abandoned team weapons with them? Will they be able to reinforce or not?

The ability would work like it currently does with losing entities not squads, one can have them as 4 men entities requiring 6 to 8 entities lost to spawn.

With this design one could even totally remove causality mechanism and make it a MU to entities conversation and call in the "relief" infatry just before engaging in combat.

As for re-crewing support weapons, it would be able reinforce as normal.

Point here is that one would actually get troops in the front-line to reinforce the troops that are fighting.
5 Sep 2020, 11:50 AM

Update
Land Mattress
The Land Mattress is receiving some small buffs to make it more in line with other rocket artillery.
Heavy cover damage modifier from 0.5 to 1 (similar to most other rocket artillery)
Reinforcement cost from 45 to 30

*Land Mattress now cost 50fuel and 400mp and available in company command post after anvil or hammer tier. (timing similar to most other rocket artillery)

5 Sep 2020, 12:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2020, 11:10 AMVipper
The timing/cost of faust/hmgs should be the same regardless if someone goes T1 or T2 and as long as these thing require truck set up the cost should be the same.

The timing for fausts is already different because Mechanized is 20 fuel more expensive, delaying the HQ by about a minute minimum. I don't think faust timing is something to hold back the changes for. It might even be a nice incentive to go for Battlegroup; forfeit Luchs/Puma and get much faster fausts.

Conceptual renewed changes:
Battlegroup HQ
  • Cost from 200mp/25fu to 100mp/5fu
  • Now automatically comes with medic upgrade. Reinforcement deactivated
  • Unlocks ISG

• Motorized Support upgrade added. Cost 100mp/20fu. Unlocks Uhu and 251/17

• Medics upgrade replaced by Forward Operating Base upgrade. Costs 200mp/10fu. Unlocks reinforcement and access to the Forward Retreat Point
  • FRP still requires T4 teched to activate

Backteching to medics and indirect would now cost 170mp/20fu, which is much more comparable to other factions (150mp/50mu / 250mp / 250mp/10fu for medics). The FRP would become a bit cheaper (from 300mp to 200mp) but would now also cost some fuel.

One potential problem here is that a forward base would become quite a lot cheaper to set up, so perhaps the reinforcement/FRP upgrade should be made to require the Motorized Support upgrade. Though this would require some testing.

5 Sep 2020, 13:00 PM
5 Sep 2020, 13:14 PM

It might worth considering this for USF:
https://www.coh2.org/topic/106294/give-mechanized-s-surplus-to-off-meta-commanders

Same, 76mm Shermans are intended as generalist, why would someone take a normal sherman?
It could be grouped up with the wc51 in place of the m3
5 Sep 2020, 13:56 PM

One change I'd like to see is the vet 3 mortar barrage accuracy bonus changed to a +20% barrage reload speed on all mortars and support guns.

The problem with the increased accuracy is that it makes mortars actually worse at area saturation/denial and can be problematic when barraging say a brit emplacement as it makes them less likely to scatter out and hit the repairing engineers.
I dont know if it's the case, but if the accuracy bonus effects smoke barrages, the vet 3 is an even bigger nerf as it reduces the potential area covered by smoke.

A 20% increase to rate of fire would still increase the dps against whatever you are trying to hit by 20% without damaging its other roles.
5 Sep 2020, 15:18 PM

The timing for fausts is already different because Mechanized is 20 fuel more expensive, delaying the HQ by about a minute minimum. I don't think faust timing is something to hold back the changes for. It might even be a nice incentive to go for Battlegroup; forfeit Luchs/Puma and get much faster fausts.

I do not really want to go into this because it is a complicated.

Conceptual renewed changes:
Battlegroup HQ

Cost from 200mp/25fu to 100mp/5fu

Now automatically comes with medic upgrade. Reinforcement deactivated

Unlocks ISG

Motorized Support upgrade added. Cost 100mp/20fu. Unlocks Uhu and 251/17

Medics upgrade replaced by Forward Operating Base upgrade. Costs 200mp/10fu. Unlocks reinforcement and access to the Forward Retreat Point

FRP still requires T4 teched to activate

Backteching to medics and indirect would now cost 170mp/20fu, which is much more comparable to other factions (150mp/50mu / 250mp / 250mp/10fu for medics). The FRP would become a bit cheaper (from 300mp to 200mp) but would now also cost some fuel.

One potential problem here is that a forward base would become quite a lot cheaper to set up, so perhaps the reinforcement/FRP upgrade should be made to require the Motorized Support upgrade. Though this would require some testing.

This seems to be an improvement over previews suggestions. Thanks for incorporating my suggestion.

Imo thou the FRP should only require second truck set up.
PAGES (24)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS