Login

russian armor

Sander's personal balance changes

PAGES (24)down
10 Jul 2020, 14:47 PM

I am also unsure of where he wanted to go with that, but that's how it is.

That will remain a mystery.
10 Jul 2020, 15:02 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I write in caps because I dunno how to underline a word on this site...

(In the reply screen there is a "tool bar" at the top. Left side is standard text formatting for bold, italic and underline)
10 Jul 2020, 15:07 PM

(In the reply screen there is a "tool bar" at the top. Left side is standard text formatting for bold, italic and underline)

(thank you very much, I appreciate it.
here, I found it...)
10 Jul 2020, 16:03 PM

Please make Sander's head of balance . He clearly knows what he's doing.
10 Jul 2020, 16:47 PM

T-34 ram (experimental change)

A 8 second stun is far to long. Ram was designed as last resort option for doom tanks. Ram started becoming problematic a "bug" fix that stunned on penetration and with new powerful AT option liek satchels and off maps.

Imo there 2 routes here:
Either return to original design of a last resort
or
Keep the cheesy approach but move do doctrines

Either way both T-34 could use a different vet 1 ability.

ISU-152

Glad to see that what I had pointed out year ago is acknowledged. A solid change (that should apply to more vehicles)

Mechanized Support Tactics

LI-2 bombing should be removed from both commander to other weaker commander. I would argue the same about bark target.

Conscripts repair kit is not a good option due to overlap. maybe reckon over flight? or maybe PMD AT mines or Tank traps?

Armored vehicle detection could use a small buff. Maybe provide "hammer tracking" for the duration?

HM-38 120mm mortar

Solid changes.
10 Jul 2020, 17:19 PM

I don't think you can reduce the Scott's damage on top of all the changes being done to it, the HE barrage is a joke and you should use smoke on it exclusively. The enemy might not notice you are even barraging him due to how ineffective it is. It's that bad, that's why the auto-fire was buffed, without it USF is back to being one doctrine wonder above 1s. In some 2s maps you can't use Shermans at all, making the Scott your indirect fire alternative that survives Rocket Artillery, as if the UTT didn't show that the faction is nearly extinct.
10 Jul 2020, 17:27 PM

Hence the huge scatter buff for the barrage?
11 Jul 2020, 00:13 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Hence the huge scatter buff for the barrage?

If the Scott was a 8 min LV or mortar HT that MIGHT be relevant. You are giving it a triple nerf and justifying/compensating it with a buff to a barrage which is never used in the first place.

Unless you keep the same AoE profile as of now on the barrage, no amount of buffs compensate for that damage drop off. And even then i don't think people will trying to micro it at that point compared to just going for a sherman with HE.
11 Jul 2020, 01:17 AM

If the Scott was a 8 min LV or mortar HT that MIGHT be relevant. You are giving it a triple nerf and justifying/compensating it with a buff to a barrage which is never used in the first place.

Unless you keep the same AoE profile as of now on the barrage, no amount of buffs compensate for that damage drop off. And even then i don't think people will trying to micro it at that point compared to just going for a sherman with HE.

Nobody uses the barrage because there is zero reason to ever use the barrage at all... Ever.
11 Jul 2020, 05:45 AM

Imo without good auto fire Scott should have barrage range like pack howie
11 Jul 2020, 05:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jul 2020, 16:47 PMVipper

Either return to original design of a last resort

Solid changes.

Maybe put an hp limit to its use (below 25% for instance) if it is possible.
11 Jul 2020, 13:21 PM

Random in midst of other inter-thread discussion but just wanted to point out that I'd prefer Relief Infantry to stay as a 'tactile' ability. In other words, not just a boring manpower number increase.

So Osttruppen but somehow make it more efficient than it currently is.
11 Jul 2020, 14:58 PM

Random in midst of other inter-thread discussion but just wanted to point out that I'd prefer Relief Infantry to stay as a 'tactile' ability. In other words, not just a boring manpower number increase.

So Osttruppen but somehow make it more efficient than it currently is.

Yea... Once they reduced the amount of squads and the amount of time it took both relief and rapid conscription from seldom used to never used.
11 Jul 2020, 23:07 PM

The best balance change would be to change the whole COH2 Balance section into premium membership area. In order to get access to this area your coh2 playercard would need to have at least one rank 100 with any faction in any mode.

And suddenly the balance of the game skyrockets when all the good suggestions aren't buried by huge pile of l2p poopoo.
12 Jul 2020, 05:57 AM

i'm pretty sure doing '\u' also works.
12 Jul 2020, 05:59 AM

The best balance change would be to change the whole COH2 Balance section into premium membership area. In order to get access to this area your coh2 playercard would need to have at least one rank 100 with any faction in any mode.

And suddenly the balance of the game skyrockets when all the good suggestions aren't buried by huge pile of l2p poopoo.

The problem with that is sometime even the most dumbest suggestions can spawn the best ideas. There is a reason why liberals tolerated.
12 Jul 2020, 07:35 AM

Bolster

This solution is rather counter-intuitive. Make bolster increase the number of entities but units still spawn with 4 entities and have to reinforce or to allow individual units an upgrade that will increase the number of entities

Infantry Sections

With the previews suggestion cost change will probably not be necessary.

Not sure about the formation change since things that are not in players control can be frustrating.

AEC tech

Maybe split between research and build time?

AEC (experimental change)

Seems interesting

Valentine Mk IX

A good change. Consistency in unit deployment is a good thing. There are some other issues with unit imo like:
High close penetration for a light tank

Barrage in combination with other abilities too strong
Usually I one can take out a truck by firing a Sexton barrage and then sensing the valentine to call in another if there is a need one can in base barrage to finish off the truck. Once could change the barrage with an aura that buffs Sextons.

Medic squad

There is no reason for this unit to exist. If one things UKF need base healing simply allow base to buy medic similar to forward assembly

Land Mattress

Maybe this will make WP barrage even less attractive?

Lend Lease Assault

Although the thought also crossed my mind I would have to say no. The reason is that this commander cover a basic weakness of the UKF faction which is early power so imo it need to also come with a weakness of not having powerful off map like other UKF commanders. If one absolutely needs an off map one should probably create a new one that weaker.

Resupply Halftrack

The suggestions make sense but...

This is a very badly designed unit/mechanism maybe redesign it so that it can setup become immobile and the work like a forward assembly so that only owner can pick up weapons? Maybe replace the Piat with boys rifle so that one have access to both weapons? Then maybe AT IS can be replaced with something else?
12 Jul 2020, 10:03 AM

Showing playercard would probably be enough imo.
13 Jul 2020, 13:41 PM

Riflemen (experimental change on AT riflenades)

The change in range seems rather small.

Changes to AT riflegrenade too complicated. If USF AT grenade need to connected to tech either combined with normal grenade or create a separate tech.

M20

I would rather see the unit available with officer alone but have armor upgrade locked behind tech and costing FU

Stuart

Decent changes

Jackson

Glad to see that there is an attempt to fix the issues with M36 and trying to balance units in all vet levels but these changes are simply not enough. Accuracy/Penetration and ROF is simply to high for unit making able to counter all types of vehicles.

Ambulance

Buffing medic squad ability to heal should be done with caution since the ambulance can easily be donated to teammates being a cheap way to cover the heal need of teams.

Pack Howitzer

Note sure why one would thing that barrage of the P.H. needs a buff. The unit has some of the best vet bonuses for it type of weapon and "HEAT Barrage" is very powerful. The problem with the unit has more to do with it timing than its power level.

M8 Scott

AOE far from 10 to 16 is buff not a nerf...

WC-51

the commander ability is simply giving access to wc51/m3/155mm barrage/mark target. WC51 should loose crew,mark target and barrage.

Instead it would start with hmg but require an upgrade to transport troops

M3/M5 Halftracks

How about allowing half-trucks to transport items like medic kits and abounded support weapons instead?

Calliope (Urban Assault / Tactical Support)

I would rather see a increase in cost so that risking a vehicle to kill one of these is more rewarding...

P47 Rocket Strike (Airborne)

Loiter planes and interaction with AA needs to be looked at.

Rear Echelon Grenade Launcher (Urban Assault)

This upgrade is problematic and should be looked at(2 grenades fired from fighting position among other things).

One could change it to a toggle ability rooting the unit into place.

One should consider moving to riflemen and swapping it for flamers in rifle company.
3 Sep 2020, 10:53 AM

V2

I've finally had the time to make some adjustments based on the feedback here. I've tried to incorporate most of it though I might've missed some things. I've incorporated some additional changes from Miragefla's mod and some of the QoL improvement ideas from Bao's mod, and scrapped some of the more experimental ideas.

Global Changes

OKW

OST

SOV

UKF

USF
PAGES (24)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Korea, Republic Of 6
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10