russian armor

Sander's personal balance changes

PAGES (24)down
2 Nov 2020, 17:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Nov 2020, 17:14 PMTomDRV
Oh yes, forgot . . .

- Can the USF mortar smoke be made to arrive quicker

OR

- Make all the smoke rifle grenades unlocked as standard.

Even as USF I struggle to deal with MG42s early game in 2v2 and up. The mortar smoke is just so slow . . .

put rear echelons infront of your riflemen... theyre called REAR echelons yes but theyre surprisingly good frontline meatshields for the MG42 XD
Pip
2 Nov 2020, 17:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Nov 2020, 17:14 PMTomDRV
Oh yes, forgot . . .

- Can the USF mortar smoke be made to arrive quicker

OR

- Make all the smoke rifle grenades unlocked as standard.

Even as USF I struggle to deal with MG42s early game in 2v2 and up. The mortar smoke is just so slow . . .

I can't say I've ever seen anyone decry a lack of good smoke options from USF before. The USF mortar has standard smoke drop speed to my knowledge. It does a fine job of screening for your troops, and then providing some damage on top of that. The mortar itself is a little eclipsed by other options USF players typically use though.

Smoke Rifle Grenades being standard is maybe not such a good idea. It's a very powerful tool, and USF Rifles walk over unsupported OST Grens. The MG42 being easier to circumvent means you'll be squishing Grens a little too readily, I think.

If you're facing multiple MGs in a 2v2 (and up), you need your partner(s) to help pick up the slack as well. You shouldn't be expected to have to counter both(or more) player's 42s by yourself.
2 Nov 2020, 20:30 PM

Bringing back real friendly fire? :D
5 Nov 2020, 10:47 AM

One more change that I would personally love to implement is Osinyagov and Kasarov’s Adjusted Commander Portraits

Improved and standardized all commander portraits for all factions:
  • Commander portrait height standardized to be the same for all portraits
  • Portraits are more distinctive and thematic by giving commanders more relevant attributes, like Panzer headphones for OKW's Elite Armored Doctrine
  • As heavily requested by the community, overhauls for the recently added commander portraits

Examples:

Improved recognizability for Eastern Armies commanders, by their portraits getting more notable shared attributes based on key units within their doctrines:
  • For example: All Tiger I commanders now have a Panzer uniform
  • For example: All Guards variants commanders now have a Guards Poncho

Examples:

If you have any feedback regarding these, be sure to leave it in their original thread so they can have a look at it and possibly improve them even further!
5 Nov 2020, 11:30 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

One more change that I would personally love to implement is Osinyagov and Kasarov’s Adjusted Commander Portraits

Examples of Adjusted Commander Portraits:

If you have any feedback regarding these, be sure to leave it in their original thread so they can have a look at it and possibly improve them even further!

:wub:
5 Nov 2020, 13:17 PM

:wub:

Bro, you need to rework the officer of Strategic reserves. My submission deserves a better looking guy:)
5 Nov 2020, 13:50 PM

Bro, you need to rework the officer of Strategic reserves. My submission deserves a better looking guy:)

All commanders were reworked, including Strategic Reserves.

5 Nov 2020, 13:54 PM

All commanders were reworked, including Strategic Reserves.

Thx, did not see the picture, looks a lot better!
5 Nov 2020, 14:58 PM

Damn. Didn't realize I wanted a commander portrait update till now... Great work
5 Nov 2020, 15:15 PM
23 Nov 2020, 21:24 PM

Straight buffs to OKW and straight nerfs to USF. Yeah, cool. Totally cool. Thank for the abilities cooldown suggestion as vet for rifles. That'll be super useful for the massive amount of abilities that rifles have to use.....
Pip
23 Nov 2020, 21:26 PM

Straight buffs to OKW and straight nerfs to USF. Yeah, cool. Totally cool. Thank for the abilities cooldown suggestion as vet for rifles. That'll be super useful for the massive amount of abilities that rifles have to use.....

What, grenades and AT snares? You don't think being able to use them more often is a good thing? This is a BUFF to Riflemen, they get their snare without having to vet for it, and in its place they get part of their current Vet3 bonus.
25 Nov 2020, 21:59 PM

Plenty of good ideas but a few objections as a UKF/USF main
1. Lowering the population cost of OKW tanks (especially heavy armor) seems dangerous to me, considering how much of a population strain your army will have in needed units to fight the oncoming blob and the KT coming at you.
2. The AEC is already outclassed by the Puma, if it's damage output is being reduced, it should have an increase with something else, like armor or better performance against infantry, idk.
3.I think riflemen should keep their range since they have to close the distance with Grens (unless in green cover) to win any firefight and this is putting the attacking riflemen at the disadvantage. They already require BARs in order to scale properly past the mid-game, and USF is already kinda lacking. REs are also the least helpful engineer unit combat performance-wise.
26 Nov 2020, 02:04 AM

Plenty of good ideas but a few objections as a UKF/USF main
2. The AEC is already outclassed by the Puma, if it's damage output is being reduced, it should have an increase with something else, like armor or better performance against infantry, idk.

IMO the problem with the AEC is not the unit itself but how fast it arrives. Kind of shuts down all Ost light vehicle play.
26 Nov 2020, 17:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2020, 02:04 AMSpoof

IMO the problem with the AEC is not the unit itself but how fast it arrives. Kind of shuts down all Ost light vehicle play.

then delay it and buff it AI a bit ? Can be done via tech cost like form 15 to 20/25 and built time increase.
26 Nov 2020, 18:52 PM

then delay it and buff it AI a bit ? Can be done via tech cost like form 15 to 20/25 and built time increase.

I don't know if the AI needs a buff, feels fine in my opinion. I was just thinking of delaying it by about 30 seconds to a minute, so tech cost to 20 fuel instead of 15 in live., and possibly increasing the research time for the tech but keeping the actual unit consistent.
26 Nov 2020, 18:56 PM

Same can be said about OKW Puma vs T-70 or any other allied light.
Luchs might be 1v1 king, but Puma shuts down 2v2 games for allied lights.
26 Nov 2020, 18:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2020, 18:56 PMKatitof

Same can be said about OKW Puma vs T-70 or any other allied light.
Luchs might be 1v1 king, but Puma shuts down 2v2 games for allied lights.

Well these were just my 1v1 observations. Doesn't it cost less fuel to get an AEC with tech costs included than it does to get a Luchs though?
26 Nov 2020, 18:59 PM

Which is why sections not having a snare is a huge fundamental issue that’s messing up the entire game.
26 Nov 2020, 19:00 PM

Which is why sections not having a snare is a huge fundamental issue that’s messing up the entire game.

Oh yeah, totally forgot about that. I guess that's the reason why the AEC still has to come out decently fast compared to the other light vehicle counters.
PAGES (24)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS