Login

russian armor

Nerf IR Halftrack

14 Jan 2020, 20:33 PM

That's extremely strange then, especially considering your rank and the (seemingly) current preference for OKW over OST. I will admit, it's not so popular that every player builds one in every game, but there's usually at least one in a 4v4 game, from my experience (top ~150 4v4 random teams).

I think it depends on the map too. The most ideal map to build IR is Essen or City 17 but open maps like Steppes or Whiteball might not work due to easy flanks and lack of shot blockers.
14 Jan 2020, 20:44 PM

How is permanent, 0-input-required maphacks "situational"? Especially in teamgames, it's a no-brainer. It's so cheap it hardly even affects your build order and the benefits it gives are stupidly powerful at any decent level of play.

if that's the case why isn't it used every game? doesn't matter about high level play or low level play, if a unit is OP any player at any skill level would abuse it. its not like other area reveal units, cant be used anywhere on the map without risking itself, doesn't completely reveal so it cant be used together with call in arty, and i said situational because of its limitations, + taking of pop cap space while having no combat effectiveness. Many people would rather have an extra infantry squad or have that bit extra space to pull out a tank, To say its a no-brainer is simply untrue. So please stop exaggerating.

The issue with the unit is cheese and the bug that can occur which can be game breaking if it occurs, i myself have said this unit needs to be redesigned and not what people like you want, which is anything you dislike on axis side is to be nerfed out of the fkin game.

14 Jan 2020, 21:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jan 2020, 20:44 PMAlphrum
if that's the case why isn't it used every game? doesn't matter about high level play or low level play, if a unit is OP any player at any skill level would abuse it. its not like other area reveal units, cant be used anywhere on the map without risking itself, doesn't completely reveal so it cant be used together with call in arty, and i said situational because of its limitations, + taking of pop cap space while having no combat effectiveness. Many people would rather have an extra infantry squad or have that bit extra space to pull out a tank, To say its a no-brainer is simply untrue. So please stop exaggerating.

The issue with the unit is cheese and the bug that can occur which can be game breaking if it occurs, i myself have said this unit needs to be redesigned and not what people like you want, which is anything you dislike on axis side is to be nerfed out of the fkin game.

It's not used every game for (probably) one of two reasons:

1. It only provides indirect utility. It's not buffing your DPS, it's not suppressing enemy units, it's not really doing anything directly at all. What it does give you is information which you can then use to make other units more effective. Unfortunately, this type of 'indirect utility' means that few people end up using, despite it being incredibly powerful. It's similar to how the OST Mortar's counter-barrage toggle is rarely used, despite it giving a noticeable range bonus, making it an excellent counter to a ton of different units.

2. As WingZero said, it's map dependent. On smaller maps (i.e. 1v1), it's not as useful, since your normal unit's LOS will let you see a lot of the map anyway. There just isn't a need for shot-blocker ignoring LOS on these types of maps. It only really becomes incredibly powerful on larger, LOS-blocker filled maps.

Additionally, it's important to note that the unit has a few large bugs associated with it that have been present (iirc) since release. At this point, they might be considered "features", but I'm unsure as to their status with the new 'gameplay guidelines'.
14 Jan 2020, 21:08 PM

if that's the case why isn't it used every game? doesn't matter about high level play or low level play, if a unit is OP any player at any skill level would abuse it.

It's banned from tournament play completely.
14 Jan 2020, 21:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jan 2020, 13:33 PMMusti
IR halftrack is an abomination that shouldn't even exist in a game, the fact that it's bugged only adds insult to injury
Kill it with fire.

+
14 Jan 2020, 21:42 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

This is one of the few RTS that undervalues minimap information cause less than half of the playerbase use it. Some don't use the tactical map at all.

This is why you could defeat maphackers (more frequent during the release of the game) cause even if they knew where your units were, they wouldn't make use of that information.

The only way to fix the unit, is to replace the infrared vision with an extended NORMAL range vision which is affected by truesight and just gives permanent +70 range minimap information as the Kubel/Tracking/I-V detection abilities.
14 Jan 2020, 22:03 PM

It's banned from tournament play completely.

and why is that? because of the bug duh
14 Jan 2020, 22:06 PM

It's not used every game for (probably) one of two reasons:

1. It only provides indirect utility. It's not buffing your DPS, it's not suppressing enemy units, it's not really doing anything directly at all. What it does give you is information which you can then use to make other units more effective. Unfortunately, this type of 'indirect utility' means that few people end up using, despite it being incredibly powerful. It's similar to how the OST Mortar's counter-barrage toggle is rarely used, despite it giving a noticeable range bonus, making it an excellent counter to a ton of different units.

2. As WingZero said, it's map dependent. On smaller maps (i.e. 1v1), it's not as useful, since your normal unit's LOS will let you see a lot of the map anyway. There just isn't a need for shot-blocker ignoring LOS on these types of maps. It only really becomes incredibly powerful on larger, LOS-blocker filled maps.

Additionally, it's important to note that the unit has a few large bugs associated with it that have been present (iirc) since release. At this point, they might be considered "features", but I'm unsure as to their status with the new 'gameplay guidelines'.

isn't that exactly the whole damn point of getting this unit? if it couldn't do that the unit would be useless which seems like what most of u want. just admit it, stop being sly, beating round the bush and say u want this unit deleted or nerfed to uselessness
15 Jan 2020, 05:46 AM

I don't know, man. Why don't people build it? It's like 5 pop, that's stupid low for a permanent maphack. The amount of information you get from it is sooo worth a (ost) pio squad or a kubel. There's not even a real infantry squad that's 5 pop, so it shouldn't make a ton of difference for your pop anyway, and gives way more than it takes up.
15 Jan 2020, 07:44 AM

Why IRHT still in Random match if banned from tournament? Isnt that will make Okw BattleHQ only give FlakHT & Supportgun while MechaHQ gives many powerful Light options.

IRHT should be removed in BattleHQ and replaced with another unit. I cant tell what should be in the slot since Okw just have everything in hand.
15 Jan 2020, 08:11 AM

IRHT should be removed in BattleHQ and replaced with another unit. I cant tell what should be in the slot since Okw just have everything in hand.

Battle HQ already got MG34, so I won't surprise if IRHT is removed without compromise.
15 Jan 2020, 08:43 AM

Arent they gain "MG34, Stg, Shreck, snare" either go for BattleHQ or MechaHQ?
15 Jan 2020, 09:14 AM

IR HT could become a unit that has added utility like increase sight and/or flares.

As for IR scan it could be redesigned provide to bonuses to unit IR units like the Vamp Ober and even a IR Panther could be introduced.

For instance firing on units under the IR beam could reduce cover penalties (Cover penalties for Vamp ST44 could be normalized) or increase accuracy.

I could also have other utility like removing the cloak from cloaked units or increasing the target size of cloak units serving like a counter to snipers.
15 Jan 2020, 12:18 PM

Why IRHT still in Random match if banned from tournament? Isnt that will make Okw BattleHQ only give FlakHT & Supportgun while MechaHQ gives many powerful Light options.

This kind of ideas are the ones that kill a game, a long overdue dead game.

Valentines recon area was bigger and it was "just a dude with binoculars". The dev team buffed it and removed the recon part to make it a viable LV, also remove a possible exploit with its recon mode.

IR HT on the other side IS the recon, there is no secondary objective for it now. Take a moment, make a tea and read all the constructive discussion made to rework IR HT into something both balanced and useful.

The "remove" button is only for bad players, the game units are not to blame
15 Jan 2020, 12:34 PM

Valentines recon area was bigge

It was also much shorter, meaning you had to be positioned pretty forward to see anything.
15 Jan 2020, 13:14 PM

To be honest I think IR should be replaced entirely and maybe given the Whermacht SDKF 250.
15 Jan 2020, 13:34 PM

Maybe bundle with IRstg be commander ability,and replace it by 250 or 251 HT?Or if possible replace by Panzer III?
15 Jan 2020, 15:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2020, 12:34 PMKatitof

It was also much shorter, meaning you had to be positioned pretty forward to see anything.

2nd: Only in a doc in Brit faction
3rd: can build only 1
15 Jan 2020, 15:30 PM

Didn't read the whole thread but:
I think removimg the fuel cost but adding a mini cost to turn on and drain when active (like the old Soviet self repair) would warrant its performance better. Give it passive vet that buffs Los of nearby units, a target ability that reduces target size of an enemy unit and it should be OK. The issue is how little input it requires for the rewards it can reap. Knowing exactly where your enemy is and when they are moving is very powerful.

Alternatively remove uncounterable but still the same price arty flares from spec ops and stuff it in there with a rework to improve the command panther and IR Obers. I have it on good authority that spec ops would be UP if it didn't have easy to use low effort recon so I feel like having that but it being even slight counter play would be a good change across the board.
15 Jan 2020, 15:30 PM

You could change the ir halftrack into the same as the ostheer strategic reserve halftrack, with same fuel and mp cost.
It could heal squads inside, reinforce and poop spec ops flairs.
Wouldnt be broken and finally tournament legal
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS