Login

russian armor

How are Infantrysections since patch?

PAGES (16)down
9 Oct 2019, 15:58 PM

Well then, we agree. My proposal was to tone down the late game tommies and in return have them start as 5 men.
10 Oct 2019, 01:45 AM

I think the artillery needs a buff. Not only is it absolutely out shine by the medical kit, the latter being a necessity if you want to heal, but I find it often fails to even kill an Ostheer Bunker. You're better off bringing up your 6 Pounder or AEC.
10 Oct 2019, 03:42 AM

I think the artillery needs a buff. Not only is it absolutely out shine by the medical kit, the latter being a necessity if you want to heal, but I find it often fails to even kill an Ostheer Bunker. You're better off bringing up your 6 Pounder or AEC.

Make the last round no scatter may be ? Like TOT of infantry company.
10 Oct 2019, 04:18 AM

It was a good upgrade before the sight range nerf last patch because it gave you a good recon unit. Brits obviously lack nondoc 222 or T-70 sight range.

AEC or UC suck in that department, so IMO extra sight on what on average was one or two squads with flare upgrades was hardly unbalanced.

After nerf I don't see any top players using it until ultra late anvil tech. Possibly make the upgrade free considering it locks you out of meds.

10 Oct 2019, 13:19 PM

Give Pyro smoke. That alone will make it attractive.
10 Oct 2019, 13:39 PM

10 Oct 2019, 15:02 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

So I hadn't touched UKF since the patch till about 2 day ago after the little section vet 3 buff, AND THE FACTION IS AWFUL. There's literally nothing you can do on certain maps and chokepoints because you have no indirect + no CQC squad, and now sections don't dominate everything. It's like fighting your opponet with 1 arm tied behind your back. Cromwell is still garbage by comparison to other mediums, probably on par with the OST p4 before MG upgrade. Other than that though the armor is functional, there's just no infantry support for the faction though.
10 Oct 2019, 15:16 PM

Cromwell is indeed terrible. Maybe give him better MGs like the Comet?
10 Oct 2019, 15:34 PM

Spot on. Should have always been so.
11 Oct 2019, 07:35 AM

So I hadn't touched UKF since the patch till about 2 day ago after the little section vet 3 buff, AND THE FACTION IS AWFUL. There's literally nothing you can do on certain maps and chokepoints because you have no indirect + no CQC squad, and now sections don't dominate everything. It's like fighting your opponet with 1 arm tied behind your back. Cromwell is still garbage by comparison to other mediums, probably on par with the OST p4 before MG upgrade. Other than that though the armor is functional, there's just no infantry support for the faction though.

Watch some Jove games and see how he uses land mattress commander to deal with these issues on cqb maps. Newly buffed inf commandos and early RE flamer can help you hold your own against ass grens, stg volks or pgrens. Late game repair ability to help your comet that will lack heavy sapper repairs. And of course the mattress that despite being a bit weak compared to Katy or werfer can still do some work.

But I would agree without commandos you're running against the wind unlike other factions. But until UKF infantry and upgrade tech gets a revamp this is your best bet from what I've seen.

11 Oct 2019, 08:14 AM

It's simple, faction needs more units. New more elite infantry squad with CQC upgrade would be highly welcome. I get they don't want to add a mortar team but what's the problem of adding a USF mortar HT in T1?

Honestly speaking if they add completely new side tech in T1 with a mortar HT and artillery officer (add smoke nade and snare) that would solve a lot of UKF issues (lack of good, elite, CQC infantry squad and indirect unit).

We can try to change Tommies but it's impossible to make a perfectly balance unit vs all axis infantry units without making it overpowered/underpowered in some point. This requires all overall revamp of a faction or Infantry Sections
rqd
11 Oct 2019, 08:49 AM

this
11 Oct 2019, 10:32 AM

Add usf mortar in T1, or event T2 will be very helpful, just by the smoke.

Mortar pit can stay behind it own side tech, or merge with bofor.
11 Oct 2019, 10:34 AM

Add usf mortar in T1, or event T2 will be very helpful, just by the smoke.

Mortar pit can stay behind it own side tech, or merge with bofor.

You have a doctrine for that.
11 Oct 2019, 10:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2019, 10:34 AMKatitof

You have a doctrine for that.

Actually i have 2 doctrine for that, but so what ?

Usf mortar is nowhere near outstanding and somewhat waste a doctrine slot, but if come in stock, it can improve the faction's line up by a lot.
11 Oct 2019, 10:51 AM

11 Oct 2019, 12:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2019, 10:51 AMLago

We all know how that ended in USF.
11 Oct 2019, 14:16 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2019, 12:48 PMJilet

How?

Current version which is mostly canister smoke dispenser or...
You are talking about when they released a OH mortar clone with better vet, bugged and on top of that they buffed all mortars to be 120mm levels of annoying? Instead of releasing the tested mortar which was closer to what we have now.
11 Oct 2019, 14:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2019, 12:48 PMJilet

I'm fairly sure we're talking smoke flares from the base artillery that trigger the global cooldown, not quick-firing smoke grenades.

I'd much rather give UKF a proper mortar, but that's not happening.
11 Oct 2019, 14:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2019, 14:17 PMLago

I'm fairly sure we're talking smoke flares from the base artillery that trigger the global cooldown, not quick-firing smoke grenades.

I wasn't aware we were talking about that. Your suggestion now makes total sense. Apologies.
PAGES (16)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS