Commandos use a different weapon (the Silenced Sten weapon profile).
So what's your idea about the HQ Glider? Are you planning to make a further changes? I mean AT gun and Mg is already available from basic structures so what's the point of having them and only them in glider.
Don't know why people are getting anal about a useless cap buff and reinforcement cost adjustment. Brits are getting straight up buffs. Ostheer will be useless without good Tigers and of course no real buffs. This dev team creates fuck up after fuck up. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Might aswell enjoy the show while it lasts.
Becouse it simply merge with other abilities/upgrades - for example assault gren "+6 men upgrade" or "assault and hold" ability
Reinforce cost reducing is already a very good buff. Don't forget that brummbar is having armor increase.
I can see this patch focused in addressing super heavy tank, ost and con problem, but still, nice to see some buff for cromwell.
Some changes i hope to see next patch:
- Special weapons regiment resupply HT weapons no longer need weapons rack unlock.
- Hold the line rework or replace.
- Concentration fire operation replace. Too expensive in a muni heavy commander. Land mattress will fit the "special weapon".
- Early warning rework or replace, maybe by recon sections.
- Rework or replace valentine in commander and move it to stock ass a light vehicle.
- Commando team weapons and/or commando rifle squad for HQ glider.
1. Acually Resupply HT for what it brings shouldn't require 4 CPs. Other HTs or are buildable from HQ or have 2 CPs. Of course new XP for a tech building will speed up call-in on the battlefield but it still really late especially that it also needs a weapon rack unlock to drop weapons.
2. Hold the line is crazy rng and needs a ton of time to see the planes coming. I think everyone would love to see the ability being revamp
3. Tricky thing in special weapon regiment is that has a plenty of heavy ammo abilities. In 2v2 gamemode is really good ability to kill OKW trucks and enemy LeFH. Honestly i would prefer to stay where it is.
4. Why do you think Valentine is in a bad spot? As SuperHansFan said, he mainly lacks of a command tank theme.
5. I really hope in 1.4 version of a winter preview they will focus on units in a HQ Glider. Current form of a stock units is unacceptable, brings nothing new and they haven't even added a mortar team.
Heavy Panzer Korp
Do you consider adding a side upgrade in here? I mean with 1.1 changes T4 doesn't have fuel requirement so maybe good to add symbolic cost to it like 50 mp and 20 fuel or 100 ammo to unlock the bonuses?
Decapture/capture rate of 25% is quite fast imo, smaller value would be more safe i would say.
That unit needs something more than just a sight range. Something to refresh it. Crazy high vision would make it from useless to overpower and abusive. Adding a side features and abilities unlock with vet system would be the most reasonable. Therefore you could spread that extra +10 range in later stage of the game.
With all IS changes, adding airlanding officer, cromwell changes it's important to test faction more and more to avoid making it overperforming again. Maybe i will repreat but adding a weapon slot for a side upgrades for Tommies (med and pyro) should help with late game 2xbren abusement.
I haven't said anything about the state of the T-70.
The sight isn't that insane anymore since it was nerfed over a year ago though. It has 68.5 sight range in recon mode. A vetted 222 has 65 sight range in comparison. And 91 sight range with a spotting scope (70 without vet).
I wonder how is your personal and balance team opinion about T70. Do you guys think it's okey in current form?
The range sight is fine compare to vetted 222 or spotting scopes but unit is too flexible to turn off and on the fire mode. It's speed in crazy like F1 with vetterancy (which isn't hard to get, it's one of the fastest LV to vet) so it can escape before any thread.
Its also a good moment to look into:
1. Hold the line ability
2. Recovery sappers - standarization to 5 men with other call in infantry without boolster. Also would be nice to see them hide aweeper to increase their performance.
3. Newest LandLeasse commander- its meh in late game so would be nice to change self-repairs with something else
Ok, officer reinforce cost reduce is good and 30 is reasonable for that power lv. As i understand, reduce in vet 3 bonus but at the same time increase mid dps is an attempt to improve performance at vet 0 and tone down vet 3. Still, i dont know how this change will turn out but i'm starting to feel a bit like viper's concern.
About UI, currently, officer's symbol have a parachute and 3 square, indicate that he have rank of captain. As the unit is now stock, i suggest give him a new symbol of just 2 square, get rid of the parachute and show that he now a lieutenant - platoon officer.
Repairable gilder is a straight forward step, very nice. But built-able MG/AT is a downgrade. At least, crews should be commando models with some bonus like faster setup/teardown time, more accuracy, rate of fire,etc. And a mortar should definitely be in there. Cp requirement of HQ glider can be down to 2, if it only produce team weapons. Or, like Viper said, a 4 man commando squad with rifle and elite bren tag.
Like the idea of a officer being better at mid range but then you cannot keep him so strong at closest distance. Before it was kinda okish with high reinforcing cost but not it cannot be such a wipe mashine. Need another nerf to compensate.
Glider with buidable units in tech structure without even visiual or performence change. Well, sorry but its lame. You have almost endless list of options:
1. Motar team - must add unit
2. Mobile inf AT squad
3. Better version of team weapons.
4. Add recon Infantry Section with upgradable scope rifle (copy paste Jeagers) - keeps Vangurard theme
5. Even jeep/WC
Crewed visually by commando style units.
As Viper said, it should be able to drop in base sector (after release glider was giving a resources buff so that made sense back then but not anymore.
Assault Officer (Previously Was Airlanding Officer) .
Again another recipe for disaster. UKF may lack CQC stock unit but they do not need a stock commando unit. The unit will completely make commandos doctrine UP forcing additional power creep.
Instead of introducing a unit that will completely counter AssG SP and MP40VG and will be able to bully enemy mainline infatry aim lower and introduce a unit will simply allow UKF to defend vs these unit.
Keep the unit at 280 starting with 5 entities and have them use 5 sten at about AssIS power (maybe the officer go use the commando one). Replace the light gammon bomb with a incendiary grenade.
In addition custom vet bonus for the unit more:
Replace passive healing with received accuracy split between vet 2 and vet 3 with superior bonus
Replace Reckon flight with a timed ability that give the unit armor and suppression resistance.
With these changes the unit will fulfill the role for helping UKF vs CQC unit without overlapping with commandos.
I don't think you test this unit correctly
Looking at his counterparts situation looks like this:
At vet0 they looses vs sturmpio squad and pgrens, barely vs assualt grens
at vet3 depends on scenario they can win or loose vs pgrens and easily win vs sturmpio
They definitely not bulling any CQC squad from OKW or Ostheer at vet0. Plus you can have only 1 of them on the field. It has a strong vet bonuses with cool abilities.
And argument that comes earlier than pgrens maybe a fact but we talking about 1 min or so. That only inpacts ostheer but if so unit can have increase build time or could be put behind sidetech.
Plus, unit can't cammo so it cannot be compare to commando squad. Options to ambush axis infantry then depends more on a skill of a player.
Merge both abilities and Remove it from Vanguard would be 1 solution. In free slot put new content.
Second is keep Glider but without commando squad inside and only as HQ. Gives healing, reinfocing power and retreat position.
Third is to focus more on a possibility to produce stuff. Aside of point nr 2 it could also allow brits to build mortars and mgs (buffed vickers or 0,50 cal) with commando crew. We gain option for better, more durable weaponteam. More options to give UKF access to call mobile indirect fire or any other stuff that faction lacks.
As many other said before, free commando squad in Glider HQ cannot stay in already powerfull Vanguard commander - especially not for 390 MP.
PS: can we consider a new vet 1 ability for Tank Hunter Section? And why an extra weapon upgrade in form of a stronger PIAT is a bad idea? Unit really looses it point later game. It's a good moment to touch this problem.
PS: For QoL i would make vet1 Tommy sight bonus make a passive ability visible in a unit menu bar. Pyrotechnic sight should be removed or make it temporary, stationary bonus which at least require more micro to activate.