Login

russian armor

Soviet September patch discussion

• This thread is locked
PAGES (30)down
4 Sep 2019, 15:09 PM

they should come in doc tho :snfPeter:

My main concept:
- Conscripts are renamed to "strelki (rifleman)" or "rifle squad" get the opportunity to purchase SVT-40 after the construction of T1 / T2, maybe get a fragmentation grenade instead of Molotov garbage. Merge deleted
- Penalties are renamed to "Conscripts " and placed in the ability "rapid conscript" get Molotov and merge.
- Guard always synergize with T1. It was always you build T1 and build the Guard, after PTRS Penalties it was gone. If 2CP is late for early light cars. Guard can be built in T1.
- The Shock Troops are getting Explosion package.
4 Sep 2019, 15:14 PM

And what's the point then in the Penals if they have to buy SVT-40? This will be T1 Conscripts with the possibility of SVT-40 purchase. Then it is much simpler and more profitable to simply remove the Penals and transfer the SVT-40 to the Conscripts. This will solve the question of the disgusting design of the two starting infantry units. If we leave the Conscripts as they are and make the Penalts with the purchase of SVT-40, then in the end we will get instead of one unviable tier two unviable tiers.
vet mostly
Con vet is mostly defensive in nature while penals are all about the offense. Could be a really good dynamic if pulled off right.
4 Sep 2019, 17:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Sep 2019, 14:25 PMStark

This would be interesting if it turned them into the Soviet version of PF's.
4 Sep 2019, 17:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Sep 2019, 17:20 PMGrumpy

This would be interesting if it turned them into the Soviet version of PF's.
something like:
260 mp 4-3 mosin 3-2 stv , can upgrade either ptrs or rest of stv for 45-50 mun
7 Sep 2019, 06:20 AM

Would be nice if the new assault guards had their vet 1 ability and veterancy tweaked a bit. They should maybe get smoke grenade and the trip wire flares replaced with suppressing fire or something more useful.
7 Sep 2019, 13:45 PM

Since PPsh upgrade is coming inline with other similar abilities imo it should take a weapon slot.
7 Sep 2019, 13:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Sep 2019, 13:45 PMVipper
Since PPsh upgrade is coming inline with other similar abilities imo it should take a weapon slot.

Because every buff to conscripts needs to be met with a nerf, because reasons.
7 Sep 2019, 14:27 PM

Actually Soviets should be a special snowflake and have one of the few units that their weapon upgrade take up no slots, because reasons.
7 Sep 2019, 14:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Sep 2019, 14:27 PMVipper
Actually Soviets should be a special snowflake and have one of the few units that their weapon upgrade take up no slots, because reasons.

conscripts + T2 builds still remain completely unviable though... conscripts are only really viable when doing a penal transition build but never a T2 build...
7 Sep 2019, 14:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Sep 2019, 14:28 PMgbem

conscripts + T2 builds still remain completely unviable though... conscripts are only really viable when doing a penal transition build but never a T2 build...

Does you response has anything to do with the post you have quoted?
7 Sep 2019, 14:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Sep 2019, 14:30 PMVipper

Does you response has anything to do with the post you have quoted?

yes because conscripts still need buffs but the modteam doesnt buff them because of penals
7 Sep 2019, 14:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Sep 2019, 14:30 PMgbem

yes because conscripts still need buffs but the modteam doesnt buff them because of penals

Taking a weapon slot or not is irrelevant, there is little to no reason why the PPsh upgrade does not take a weapon slot.

1) I have repeatedly posted that imo Penal and VGs need a redesign.
2) I have repeatedly posted that imo the buffing of units should be stopped and some units should be nerfed.
3) I can not help you, you need to bring any issues you think exist to MOD and not me.
7 Sep 2019, 15:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Sep 2019, 14:30 PMgbem

Nerf penals then!

I had never got such a simple answer
7 Sep 2019, 18:09 PM

Nerf penals then!

I had never got such a simple answer

The tricky thing about that tho is it would have to coinside with a con buff and judging by how late the 7th man is slated to come out compared to LITERALLY all other weapon upgrades it's pretty clear that cons are not supposed to be a viable unit. You could probably put cons in t3/4 and throw the upgrade in there and there would be no change from them being in T0. Their placement is misleading I think. They are NOT t0 infantry they are supposed to be late game infantry only viable when elite infantry hits the field and not a second before. At least that's what all conscript design directions to date lead me to believe.
8 Sep 2019, 16:06 PM

to fix cons

an orrah buff might just fix cons, give it 20% RA and 30% CD reduction during it, and they become good but not op , it can eb used both for offense and defense
8 Sep 2019, 22:35 PM

to fix cons

an orrah buff might just fix cons, give it 20% RA and 30% CD reduction during it, and they become good but not op , it can eb used both for offense and defense

Sounds good, that and nerfing penals a little bit.
8 Sep 2019, 23:44 PM

to fix cons

might be a bit much if you combine it with 7 man. im happy to try it (your numbers are much more liberal than i might have put to it) but it may need toning down a bit
8 Sep 2019, 23:54 PM

If we're going to stick with the idea that Conscripts are only for support, not combat, then why not improve their cost effectiveness instead of combat effectiveness? Let's try them at 220 Manpower a squad and see how they do. Ironic that Soviets struggle with manpower, but not OKW, the one faction that should be scraping the barrel for Manpower scraps, it's completely inverted.

In order to improve the effectiveness of Merge, we could also reduce their Target Size to 1, and add a Squad Received Accuracy Multiplier of the same amount. This ensures Conscripts are less of a liability when merging, but still more likely to be killed on their own.

I still don't like the idea that they are only for support, what are they even supporting? This concept has just led to Penal meta because Conscripts and Maxims are nonviable. I still stand by the idea that Conscripts should get a stock PPSh upgrade available to them.
9 Sep 2019, 00:03 AM

I still don't like the idea that they are only for support, what are they even supporting? This concept has just led to Penal meta because Conscripts and Maxims are nonviable. I still stand by the idea that Conscripts should get a stock PPSh upgrade available to them.

The idea of them merging with a penal unit is also a bit stupid tbh
9 Sep 2019, 00:27 AM

The idea of them merging with a penal unit is also a bit stupid tbh

I always thought that was hilarious to be honest.

"You will replace those who have met an untimely end."

...15 seconds later

"IF YOU ARE NOT DYING, YOU ARE NOT TRYING!"

PAGES (30)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak