Login

russian armor

USA September patch discussion

• This thread is locked
PAGES (25)down
15 Aug 2019, 12:35 PM

While I like Riflemen Field Defenses, a Sniper would be better. He's the ultimate Rifleman!

A Pathfinder model could be used - just changes the stats.

as u said field defenses is ok ability but sniper for usf sounds op but if u ask me field defenses is not enough for this commander. Scrap field defenses and pls add m1 carbine for evryone in squad with unique stats that are slightly better than garand but take one slot i think this will be much more intresting than generic field defenses.
OR 2 pathinders scope garands(?) upgrade that give u better long range power.
15 Aug 2019, 13:36 PM

Literally nerfed every American Indirect fire unit except for t0 mortar and the doctrinal priest....

Why? Were the pak and scott nerfs needed at the same time? AND the mortar halftrack? Jesus christ the mod axis bias is just godawful here.

Balance team is just telling us to spam rifles and light vehicles right? Seems like thats all they want to be effective.
15 Aug 2019, 14:04 PM

Alternatively to the field defenses in Rifle company, there could be an optional upgrade to Riflemen giving 1 of their members a scoped M1C Garand rifle similar to that of the Pathfinders. You'd also get a "snipe" ability which I also think had an icon if I'm not mistaken, similar to the British one in CoH for the Recon sections.
15 Aug 2019, 14:58 PM

While I like the direction of the changes to Rifle company, they're still not enough that most people would consider using it in anything beyond a 2v2. It would get a lot better if Time on Target was merged with the offmap Smoke. It would be a relatively easy change to make and would give them a howitzer counter, even if it is expensive.

A. Soldier's suggestion for the scoped rifle would've been much better than field defenses. Maybe it's beyond the scope of what they want to do in this patch but it would still be better.

I do think the all of the nerfs to the USF indirect fire units will make the faction even less competitive. By the time you get access to all the support weapons, you have around 40 pop cap in infantry. Add in a couple of support weapons and you're often left with pop cap for just two tanks or TD's. Now you're making a couple of the crutch units worse without compensating them in either pop cap or price. Also, the fire barrage from OST does wipe squads and team weapons on retreat, which seems like it should be considered at least as bad as an ability that just slows and damages but doesn't wipe units.
15 Aug 2019, 16:42 PM

USF will not be viable in team games unless they get a team game oriented commander.

They would have probably if I wasn't dumb enough to suggest my Airborne Glider Company instead of this:

Heavy Armor dictates team games and is what the USF is severely lacking.

That has way too many call-ins to be useful though, and greyhound is already worthless in teamgames lol.

That being said, I don't find USF to be unplayable in teamgames at all, they have good elite infantry and indirect fire options (both important for teamgames) and if nothing else they at least can just spam jacksons till kingdom come for AT.

On a different note, I think there's a strong argument for paratroopers coming at 2cp, with weapon upgrades locked behind 3cp (bolded so nobody cries about how OP thompsons and 1919s would be at 2cp), since they're not incredibly tough at first (by 2cp mainline infantry should be vet1-2 and have some RA and accuracy bonuses anyway) and carbines are good, but not overpowering weapons. I say that mostly because falls are coming at 2cp now with 2 free fg42s at a lower cost than current paratroopers, so it seems fair/fine for paratroopers to come in the same timeframe too.

IMO rifle company won't be competitive because almost everything in it costs muni, and it doesn't have any elite infantry or anything to take the focus off of mandatory double BARs to make rifles scale into mid-late game, so using anything out of it is just shooting yourself in the foot in the long run.
15 Aug 2019, 16:55 PM

Mostly changes that look good, or at least a good staet
Jackson nerf is a joke though. 5fu is as token as a token nerf can get. It's the armored equivalent of +10mp at that point you almost might as well increase the health to 800 and give it a price increase that will actually matter
15 Aug 2019, 16:58 PM

I wouldve been happy with the all the indirect nerfs to USF but my God they have no reliable late game unit like katty, PW and stuka (non-doc).
15 Aug 2019, 17:06 PM

SEPTEMBER 2019 PATCH PREVIEW - Version 1.1 Changes

USF
Changes to both of the following units were discussed before release. The team has decided to include for testing after initial feedback.

Riflemen
We think Riflemen are solid infantry that scale very well, but we would like to put more emphasis on the engagement range dynamics between them and long range Axis squads. Their near range (and thereby their near DPS) will be slightly increased, which will naturally slightly increase their DPS up to range 16
- Near range from 3 to 6

(Chart amended from https://coh2db.com/stats/ )

Rear Echelon Troops
To make Rear Echelon Troops carbines perform more consistently, as currently they are very RNG dependent with their low accuracy but high rate of fire and damage, their accuracy has been increased. In return their damage per bullet will be reduced, to keep the same total DPS as now
- Damage from 10 to 8
- Accuracy from 0.403/0.288/0.23 to 0.51/0.3456/0.276
15 Aug 2019, 17:10 PM

USF
Changes to both of the following units were discussed before release. The team has decided to include for testing after initial feedback.

Riflemen
We think Riflemen are solid infantry that scale very well, but we would like to put more emphasis on the engagement range dynamics between them and long range Axis squads. Their near range (and thereby their near DPS) will be slightly increased, which will naturally slightly increase their DPS up to range 16
- Near range from 3 to 6

Rear Echelon Troops
To make Rear Echelon Troops carbines perform more consistently, as currently they are very RNG dependent with their low accuracy but high rate of fire and damage, their accuracy has been increased. In return their damage per bullet will be reduced, to keep the same total DPS as now
- Damage from 10 to 8

Christmas comes early in CoH2-land
15 Aug 2019, 17:10 PM

as u said field defenses is ok ability but sniper for usf sounds op but if u ask me field defenses is not enough for this commander. Scrap field defenses and pls add m1 carbine for evryone in squad with unique stats that are slightly better than garand but take one slot i think this will be much more intresting than generic field defenses.
OR 2 pathinders scope garands(?) upgrade that give u better long range power.

I don't think it will be OP since usf is very close to tier one soviets.
15 Aug 2019, 17:12 PM

USF

Riflemen
- Near range from 3 to 6

Rear Echelon Troops
- Damage from 10 to 8

inb4 avalanche of fury

These look like sensible changes. RETs in particular will definitely appreciate the consistency changes.
15 Aug 2019, 17:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2019, 17:12 PMLago

inb4 avalanche of fury

These look like sensible changes. RETs in particular will definitely appreciate the consistency changes.

Not to mention RE's .30 caliber carbine rounds won't bewilderingly do more damage than RM's full-size .30-06 rifle rounds against vehicles.
15 Aug 2019, 17:18 PM

Not to mention RE's .30 caliber carbine rounds won't bewilderingly do more damage than RM's full-size .30-06 rifle rounds against vehicles.

stealth kubel buff

Have the Balance Team considered doing this with Soviets too? When Mosins changed, the Combat Engineers never got the new ones. They've still got the high damage RNG-cannons.
15 Aug 2019, 17:21 PM

Better for fighting sturms with a RE rifle combo, less chance of overkill and higher chance of getting 10 hits quickly. A buff vs OKW early game. But worse vs a kubel. Rifle near range is also going to be primarily useful vs sturms or pios. Probably won’t help scaling but USF mabye wins like a few % more early fights.
15 Aug 2019, 17:26 PM

Nice 1.1 changes
15 Aug 2019, 17:27 PM

USF

Riflemen
- Near range from 3 to 6

Rear Echelon Troops
- Damage from 10 to 8
could u not have done the inverse for volks and nerf their mid and close dps ? instead of the price ?
15 Aug 2019, 17:31 PM

could u not have done the inverse for volks and nerf their mid and close dps ? instead of the price ?

Honestly they should have just moved the stupid 0.9 RA bonus they get at vet 1 somewhere else, and maybe nix the sandbags as well. Vet 1 volks basically become harder to hit than any other mainline infantry at that point besides tommies lmao.
15 Aug 2019, 17:33 PM

Honestly they should have just moved the stupid 0.9 RA bonus they get at vet 1 somewhere else, and maybe nix the sandbags as well. Vet 1 volks basically become harder to hit than any other mainline infantry at that point besides tommies lmao.
new vet 1 allow sand bags:romeoHairDay: vet 1 moved to 4
15 Aug 2019, 17:39 PM

- Near range from 3 to 6

Not really sure I follow on this change. This hasn't really increased their "range dynamics", it's just increased their DPS at 3-15 range. Increasing dynamics would mean lowering something as well, like their long-range DPS.

15 Aug 2019, 17:44 PM

Not really sure I follow on this change. This hasn't really increased their "range dynamics", it's just increased their DPS. Increasing dynamics would mean lowering something as well, like their long-range DPS.

But they already have worse long range DPS than equivalent Axis infantry. Anything further and you might as well just build Ass Engies.

All this change did was increase the short range DPS plateau at ranges where Riflemen should be winning anyway. And for their price, it really is about goddamned time they excelled at something.
PAGES (25)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS