Login

russian armor

Everything with this faction is so friggen expenisve...

19 Jul 2019, 02:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2019, 01:26 AMSerrith
I dont get the hate for the two basic officers. Yeah lieutenant is a slightly worse rifleman but I can tell you that Soviets wish they got a free slightly weaker penal when they techhed up.

Captain is highly underrated if nothing else but for "on me". Even though it's not an aoe anymore it's a free +20% accuracy and +20% durability that gives suppression immunity and sprint. Spam this ability whenever its off cooldown. Who needs smoke when you can just charge the mg and ignore suppression.

Can confirm, captain is by and far the best officer squad for USF, and probably the smartest tech direction as well (AAHT, AT gun, Pack howi). People don't realize it anymore, but it also vets up faster than the LT, and if you put zooks on the captain, the reload veterancy will let him fire the bazooka faster than any other USF squad (20%). So most of the time, especially now that captain can upgrade with BAR without the rack, captain is the better utility (supervise and "on me!") and dps choice (techless BAR, reload vet for zooks) out of the two officer squads, despite being the same exact price.

Really, the only officer squad I don't like right now is the LT, who has the highest vet requirements out of all the other USF infantry, more than even rangers or paratroopers, probably dating back to when he used to come with a free BAR, and besides having a tommy gun and getting slightly better RA vet, really isn't any different from a rifle squad. It'd be really cool if this squad had some sort of utility like the Major and Captain. I mean, it's cool that he managed to keep smoke and the frag at the same time, something rifles lost, but he otherwise handles exactly like a rifle squad. Maybe giving him something like a toned down version of the Ostheer Artillery Officer "Concentrated Fire" ability, except applied to a single allied squad, or something like that.

I'm not sure how there's this many replies to another CODGUY thread, btw. The only USF unit that I feel is prohibitively expensive at all is the M2HB, and that's only because the squad has so many stupid behind the scenes downsides (like only 0.5 retreat RA) that I hardly feel like it's worth the price most of the time.
19 Jul 2019, 04:28 AM

Really, the only officer squad I don't like right now is the LT, who has the highest vet requirements out of all the other USF infantry, more than even rangers or paratroopers, probably dating back to when he used to come with a free BAR, and besides having a tommy gun and getting slightly better RA vet, really isn't any different from a rifle squad. It'd be really cool if this squad had some sort of utility like the Major and Captain. I mean, it's cool that he managed to keep smoke and the frag at the same time, something rifles lost, but he otherwise handles exactly like a rifle squad. Maybe giving him something like a toned down version of the Ostheer Artillery Officer "Concentrated Fire" ability, except applied to a single allied squad, or something like that.

A spotting flare would be both useful and appropriate for the Lieutenant.
19 Jul 2019, 04:53 AM

"pack howitzer sucks" LUL you made all of your post invalidated. I love USF and I feel howie and LEIG should get nerfed hard, they easily carry noobs to victory.
pack howie is basically a rifle nade thrower with huge range and fires for free, not to mention the WP barrage that ruins any assault or mg.
19 Jul 2019, 05:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2019, 01:26 AMSerrith
I dont get the hate for the two basic officers. Yeah lieutenant is a slightly worse rifleman but I can tell you that Soviets wish they got a free slightly weaker penal when they techhed up.

difference is that your first penal is only 100mp less than 2 rifles. soviet would take free squads because they have ridiculously mp heavy teching, namley in the early game. 160 to get infantry that can fight, 250 for medics that are stuck in base and have to touch what they wanna heal.... more MP for a snare...more mp for a unit to USE that snare...
usf you start getting fighting men on field ASAP so you reach the number of squads you would like faster and then the free squad kinda gets in the way (imo)

19 Jul 2019, 07:02 AM

Actually the price of units isn't the root issue but timing for the first officer.

Whenever you decide to go 2xRM or 3xRM, the building time of the first officer is too long. USF is actually always outnumbered until it hits the field.

I don't know if the problem is on USF build or simply powercreep made through the last patches (from which USF has been excluded) but yes the sensation of expensive units is mostly due to being so much on the backfoot early game vs OKW since long and now vs Ostheer with their new BO.
Another parameter vs Ostheer is also how easy it is now for Ostheer to skip tier and get get their Ostwind or Pz4 faster than you can have the proper counter.

And about the powercreep, something I've noted especially on USF vs OKW match-up is how impossible it is for USF to win the attrition war vs OKW. The match has to be really unbalanced on USF favor to beginning to see it otherwise there is effectively the feeling that your opponent always has the manpower available to replace, rebuild and get more unit than you do.
19 Jul 2019, 10:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2019, 17:57 PMGenObi

Well yeah, what good is a close quarter Thompson if the rest of the squad has rifles. Is it meant for defense? If so then the weapons in the squad that have any effect at range is the rifles, so only four members are actually doing anything...

Thompson is not a close quarter weapon. Even the one used by officer is superior to M1 at ranges up to 19.
19 Jul 2019, 10:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2019, 07:02 AMEsxile
Actually the price of units isn't the root issue but timing for the first officer.

Whenever you decide to go 2xRM or 3xRM, the building time of the first officer is too long. USF is actually always outnumbered until it hits the field.

I don't know if the problem is on USF build or simply powercreep made through the last patches (from which USF has been excluded) but yes the sensation of expensive units is mostly due to being so much on the backfoot early game vs OKW since long and now vs Ostheer with their new BO.
Another parameter vs Ostheer is also how easy it is now for Ostheer to skip tier and get get their Ostwind or Pz4 faster than you can have the proper counter.

And about the powercreep, something I've noted especially on USF vs OKW match-up is how impossible it is for USF to win the attrition war vs OKW. The match has to be really unbalanced on USF favor to beginning to see it otherwise there is effectively the feeling that your opponent always has the manpower available to replace, rebuild and get more unit than you do.

your over exaggerating OKW performance vs USF, if what you say is true and it is impossible for USF, then OKW would be dominating USF in 1v1 which they dont, USF has the highest win rate

19 Jul 2019, 11:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2019, 10:50 AMAlphrum

your over exaggerating OKW performance vs USF, if what you say is true and it is impossible for USF, then OKW would be dominating USF in 1v1 which they dont, USF has the highest win rate

Protip:
This graph does literally nothing for your argument, because it doesn't show what you're trying to say.
19 Jul 2019, 13:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2019, 11:32 AMKatitof

Protip:
This graph does literally nothing for your argument, because it doesn't show what you're trying to say.

yes you are right my bad, but people here are acting like USF is a terrible faction, whilst its the opposite way round. They are the only faction to receive straight buffs in the last patches, whilst every other faction that got buffs also received corresponding nerfs
19 Jul 2019, 15:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2019, 13:57 PMAlphrum

yes you are right my bad, but people here are acting like USF is a terrible faction, whilst its the opposite way round. They are the only faction to receive straight buffs in the last patches, whilst every other faction that got buffs also received corresponding nerfs

Rangers got their damage reduction removed while the CPz4 kept theirs :help:

WC51 Dodge Truck got a nerf too.
19 Jul 2019, 15:55 PM

For the record:
Rangers

Rangers are being more accessible, while their defensive stats are being adjusted to match all other infantry. Previously, they were the only ones to take less damage from all sources.

Reinforce cost from 33 to 32--------Buff
Cost from 400 to 350----------------Buff
0.9 Damage reduction removed.-------Nerf
Received Accuracy from 0.8 to 0.73.-Buff
Now have access to Paratrooper Bazookas from Weapon Racks or drops. UI indicator added to inform the player of this change.--Buff

Overall Rangers where buffed and the damage reduction was replaced by target size bonus.
19 Jul 2019, 16:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2019, 15:55 PMVipper
For the record:
Rangers

Rangers are being more accessible, while their defensive stats are being adjusted to match all other infantry. Previously, they were the only ones to take less damage from all sources.

Reinforce cost from 33 to 32--------Buff
Cost from 400 to 350----------------Buff
0.9 Damage reduction removed.-------Nerf
Received Accuracy from 0.8 to 0.73.-Buff
Now have access to Paratrooper Bazookas from Weapon Racks or drops. UI indicator added to inform the player of this change.--Buff

Overall Rangers where buffed and the damage reduction was replaced by target size bonus.

The point of my comment was that there were nerfs given to USF, something the poster above my comment said didnt happen. I'm aware of what the patch notes say
19 Jul 2019, 16:54 PM

The point of my comment was that there were nerfs given to USF, something the poster above my comment said didnt happen. I'm aware of what the patch notes say

It's not really a nerf, though. While yes, a number WAS changed to be worse, it was compensated by roughly 9.1% BUFF to RA, as well as a bunch of other changes that only further buffed the unit. It would be like saying the last major patch nerfed PGrens because they lost med kits.
19 Jul 2019, 17:04 PM

It would be like saying the last major patch nerfed PGrens because they lost med kits.

I do miss those sometimes, don't mock me. :guyokay:
19 Jul 2019, 17:41 PM

WC51 Dodge Truck got a nerf too.
i think everyone got that nerf, here

All vehicles from which units can fire from the hold have had their moving accuracy reduced to 0.4. Was previously 0.5.
19 Jul 2019, 17:51 PM

btw thank u all for ignoring my post and not posting any stats or proof on why rifle are bad:snfDevm:

*Finger guns*

No problem.
19 Jul 2019, 17:53 PM

i think everyone got that nerf, here

All vehicles from which units can fire from the hold have had their moving accuracy reduced to 0.4. Was previously 0.5.

I think it got an armor nerf because poor poor OKW.
19 Jul 2019, 18:19 PM

Yes and they did the same to the UC I believe for the same reason.

On a separate but related note I always said it would have been cooler if the Major was in a WC51 that had a .50 cal and special abilities and would "deploy" as a fixed retreat point like the Ambulance when it's healing.
19 Jul 2019, 18:46 PM

I think you should read the patchnotes instead of making biased assumptions.
19 Jul 2019, 18:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2019, 18:19 PMCODGUY

Yes and they did the same to the UC I believe for the same reason.

On a separate but related note I always said it would have been cooler if the Major was in a WC51 that had a .50 cal and special abilities and would "deploy" as a fixed retreat point like the Ambulance when it's healing.

are u 2 really falling so low to the point of inventing changes ? https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/67/coh-2-changelog/p6

they did not touch anything other than moving accuracy for all vehicles, but i guess u wanted the wc 51 to keep it while other didn't right ?

please ur bias is showing too much

and im pretty sure spreading false info is a bannable
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight