Login

russian armor

Feedback for Commander Revamppatch

PAGES (107)down
15 Sep 2018, 09:41 AM

Can you give the Tiger Ace a normal color?

I take it you didn't really intended to give it a yellow paint, rather a tank shining with gold plate, but there is no shiny maps in this game, so next thing I know whenever I fight or use a Tiger Ace is a tank drown in piss has come to the battlefield, I mean it's ridiculously bad looking and doesn't look good on replays, not even yellow-ish but literal piss on it.
15 Sep 2018, 09:58 AM

You clearly haven’t gone up against good players who know how to abuse the shit out of the kv2. A really good example is crossing, you can park a kv2 between the two vps on the shotblocker on ur side of the map and literally cover both vps with siege mode. Lobbing shells over hedges and buildings is much more effective than one would think. The only way to kill it is to dive in, but if the soviets are smart they’ll have mines planted and other AT sources to mop them up. A panther with engine damage is food for a kv2. The jt can use its armor piercing rounds, but actually has to come up all the way to the frontline to do so, and leaves itself vulnerable to pokes. As soon as the kv2 gets hit once, it’ll just unseige and go back to the repair bays. How do I know this? Because I’ve been on the receiving end several times and have dealt it several times as well.

Also your point comparing the pak43 and kv2 makes absolutely no sense, one is an easily destroyed emplacement that gets countered non doctrinally by brits and Americans and countered by the il2bomb run, the other is a mobile unit that can effectively engage tanks AND infantry at long range.

totally agree with everything you said

IT's not like kv-2 will stand there alone just asking to dive. Just remove siege mode and then buff it as much as you want
Phy
15 Sep 2018, 09:59 AM

May need a few more iteration to balance, but the addition of kv2 (and stats change) to urban defense doctrine LOOKS AWESOME.
15 Sep 2018, 10:33 AM
Modmaker Badge

Unless we were allowed to modify the look of it, I would rather not have the Soviet Field Camp added. I can still see the Bren Guns and PIATs inside. Can we use a different building, perhaps? Or remove the weapons and reskin it?

I agree. Brens, PIATs and British roundel on top look a bit silly.

How about reusing MG emplacement entity, except with MG and gunner removed and with a radio station in the back? I've reused USF MG emplacement in my Engineer Combat Company mod in similar way and I'd say it doesn't look that bad. This is how it would look for the Soviets:

EDIT: Alternative version with USSR flag added.

15 Sep 2018, 11:17 AM

I think the problem with Soviet Industry is that they removed the ability to produce tanks in a second, which was the whole point of picking the commander (besides the twice nerfed fuel boost that is now replaced with supply drops).

The commander should have a perk that increase the build time of tanks like it used to.

The KV2 isn't bad, but there is simply no real use for it, if you reached late game with soviet industry, chances are you already have an army that can sustain itself without the need of an expensive tank like the KV2.
I mean when I pick this commander I never go with the thought that I'm going to build it in late game or include it in my build.
15 Sep 2018, 11:21 AM

One suggestion: what if we removed the building conversion aspect from the Soviet FHQ and the UKF FHQ?

Converting buildings is very difficult to balance because of their varying durabilities and I can see where people are coming from when they say they pose a nightmare for teamgames.

The new buildable FHQs however need a secure place to be built, and you can balance their huge support power by making them not too difficult to destroy.

That also makes them something you can afford to lose and rebuild rather than an all-in cutoff camping strategy.
15 Sep 2018, 11:26 AM

Also please don't forget to change the Tiger Ace painting, I'm pointing out a serious flaw here.
15 Sep 2018, 11:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2018, 11:26 AMCresc
Also please don't forget to change the Tiger Ace painting, I'm pointing out a serious flaw here.

I think they should just ditch the Tiger Ace unit. It was designed as a nigh-unstoppable wrecking ball that stopped your income. That design didn't work well, and the progressive scaling back of that concept has resulted in a weird unit.

In my opinion they should replace it with a one-off Vet 3 normal Tiger that you pay up-front for.
15 Sep 2018, 13:57 PM

The current ideas for the 223 seem to be a bit underwhelming.

It's a slightly worse version of the map wide ability that exists now and overlaps with a vet 1 Kuebel and irHT

I see lots of potential for the 223. It can be a superkubel that can act as OKW's softcounter to HMG or sniper spam and it could harass squads early on, forcing the Allies to invest early in AT. If they give it heal, it can be a free substitute midgame for medpacks for T2 strats. If they give it the ability to lock down territory for extra resources, its use is then also extended into late game. The Signal Relay ability would be useful during the entire game. It could be both a unique unit (only early harassment unit for the Germans) and offer all forms of utility.

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2018, 05:35 AMMittens

[King Tiger:]
I can't think of one thing I would change to it, it a good tanks, just not the best at everything which is its intended role....a wall of avg.

Its gun should get Brummbär AOE damage versus infantry combined with an accuracy increase / scatter decrease so its damage becomes much more consistant but with lower wipe potential. This should be standardized across all heavy tanks.
15 Sep 2018, 14:17 PM

From a design Point of View Call in tanks have very little place in the Urban defense commander.

The commander strong point is early and mid phase of game when by investing fuel one can add pressure with forward healing, reinforcing and aura buffs. The commander is designed to become weaker in late game.

By adding a non tech calling the commander will become powerful in all stages of the game since he will be able to skip t4 fuel cost and call-in the heavy armor.

Their should be no call-in armor for the commander.

Simply replace the the rather weak incendiary artillery with IL-2 bombing run or AT bombing run and the commander will be in a good place.
15 Sep 2018, 14:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2018, 14:17 PMVipper
From a design Point of View Call in tanks have very little place in the Urban defense commander.

The commander strong point is early and mid phase of game when by investing fuel one can add pressure with forward healing, reinforcing and aura buffs. The commander is designed to become weaker in late game.

By adding a non tech calling the commander will become powerful in all stages of the game since he will be able to skip t4 fuel cost and call-in the heavy armor.

Their should be no call-in armor for the commander.

Simply replace the the rather weak incendiary artillery with IL-2 bombing run or AT bombing run and the commander will be in a good place.

You are almost comically missing the point here, the reason armor was added to Urban defence precisely because commanders becoming useless late game is bad design, you have no reason to pick such commander over meta commanders who are mostly good at every stage of the game.
15 Sep 2018, 15:56 PM

I had an idea for Defensive Doctrine-

Remove Stug IIIe, return Hull Down

Replace Osttruppen with a FestungsPioneer upgrade at 2 CP. It would work more or less like the Heavy Sapper upgrade: +1.5 repair speed, faster construction, -20% received accuracy, 2 PzB 39 AT Rifles with Guard PTRS stats (that can be put away, maybe?).

That would work very well with the rest of the doctrines' abilities, and help with one of the faction's weaker points- its repair speed.
15 Sep 2018, 17:25 PM

Regarding Elite Armor: Personally Signal Relay should be done away in favor of Panzer Tactitian as other players have mentioned before. Knowing where your enemies armor is at can be alright but increasing the survivability of your "elite" armor seems more important to me. An increased vet gain coming from the Commander Upgrade would be nice but not necessary I think. Heat Shells do need to be slightly longer lasting. Finally, as others have mentioned, the Sturm Tiger feels out of place in this doctrine, but I would argue that this is the case with the other 3 OKW heavy tank call ins.

i.e. The Command Panther is literally the definition of "Elite Armor" and would fit in that doctrine better than the Sturm Tiger, even if you nerfed it to be a buildable instead of a call in.

The Sturm Tiger would fit much better in the Breakthrough Doctrine since it's essentially a siege weapon meant to soften an enemy position. Now couple that with Assault Artillery and you have a nice 1-2 punch combo of synergy to manage an actual Breakthrough.

The Jagdtiger fits better with Special Operations, which emphasizes longer range combat.
15 Sep 2018, 17:46 PM

Give OKW a commander where you can callin/ build Tank hunter squads.

Like the guards.
15 Sep 2018, 17:46 PM

Shifting the callins around creates a number of problems, so doing that would take a significant amount of reworks, rebalancing and testing. Such a big change would be suited for a big balance patch, not for a commander revamp. For example:
(1) Command Panther to Elite Armor creates balance problems with CP's focus fire and HEAT shells, and CP's sight range with Panzer Commander
(2) Jagdtiger to Special Operations creates balance problems with uncounterable flares to spot for JT's max range

I'd like Panzer Tactician instead of Signal Relay too, but I also really like the proposed idea of an harassment/utility 223 armored car unit as it could greatly expand OKW's tactics if it's implemented right.
15 Sep 2018, 18:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2018, 10:33 AMOlekman

I agree. Brens, PIATs and British roundel on top look a bit silly.

How about reusing MG emplacement entity, except with MG and gunner removed and with a radio station in the back? I've reused USF MG emplacement in my Engineer Combat Company mod in similar way and I'd say it doesn't look that bad. This is how it would look for the Soviets:

EDIT: Alternative version with USSR flag added.

This is already a much better design for a unique building in my opinion, even tho I haven't even seen the retextured British FHQ for the Soviets.

Another alternative is probably the building SneakEye is using in his All Units mod for the USF as a forward base.

Seen here:

(Top middle)
15 Sep 2018, 18:27 PM
Modmaker Badge

This is already a much better design for a unique building in my opinion, even tho I haven't even seen the retextured British FHQ for the Soviets.

Another alternative is probably the building SneakEye is using in his All Units mod for the USF as a forward base.

Seen here:

(Top middle)

There's a retexture planned for the British FHQ? That could work a bit, but that wouldn't fix those Brens and PIATs lying around. That USF forward base building is pretty good too. I just tried to avoid using ambient buildings.
15 Sep 2018, 18:27 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Just in case, the model is: "environment/objects/buildings/domination_bonus_01/domination_bonus_01"
15 Sep 2018, 18:29 PM

Is it possible to make the Panzer Commander upgrade available for the ST? Would actually synergize well, especially if it is buffed to increase vet gain.
15 Sep 2018, 18:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2018, 18:27 PMOlekman

There's a retexture planned for the British FHQ? That could work a bit, but that wouldn't fix those Brens and PIATs lying around. That USF forward base building is pretty good too. I just tried to avoid using ambient buildings.

I thought the building was already re-textured?

Anyhow, I also had an idea of the same WC51 SneakEye used for the British with the weapon racks but for the USF, and instead of a one time deploy like the OKW trucks it would be a toggleable "lockdown" ability, to give the WC51 a bit more utility in the late game where using it's short range abilities is entirely out of the question unless you want to lose it, plus the USF could use weapons in the field, even if doctrinal in my opinion.

PAGES (107)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 34
France 25

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak