Login

russian armor

Give OKW flame nade a tech cost?

PAGES (8)down
28 May 2018, 20:25 PM
Donator 11

So in order to counter a mg in a house, OKW has to: Build a supply truck, then tech for flame nade unlock? OK... Lol, so how do you propose to counter early mg openings?
28 May 2018, 20:55 PM
Donator 11

So in order to counter a mg in a house, OKW has to: Build a supply truck, then tech for flame nade unlock? OK... Lol, so how do you propose to counter early mg openings?

A suggestion that has been thrown around including my suggestion would be to throw it in T0...
28 May 2018, 21:01 PM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

I suppose the same thing could be said about rifle grenade/lmg42 combo as stg/incendiary nade. At this point I think it is best to just leave it how it is.
28 May 2018, 23:57 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

+1 for tightrope. Although this design for WFA and UKF are all abysmal, I'd rather leave as is and make small tweaks than major faction tool reworks currently. #CoH32020
29 May 2018, 04:57 AM

No it shouldn't

Honestly I think the real problem is the flame nade forcing out of cover just makes sturm set ups much more dangerous.

OKW should start with a free kubel and a free sturm, it would tone down their early game without drawing nerfs onto them that will affect their mid game
29 May 2018, 05:01 AM

OST has Flamethrower,SU has Flamethrower,USF has mortar,UKF has Universal Carrier which can be equipped with an flamethrower + Infantry Section (performs pretty well against Garrisons if in cover). OKW only has Flamenade which now needs a truck on the field to be used,has a timer,costs a lot of ammo (compared to Flamethrowers which only need to be upgraded once and can be used for the rest of the game)and doesn't really do that much damage and now you wanna lock it behind an Upgrade ? This would basicly ruin OKW . Either you get your infantry locked down by enemy Garrisons since you can not counter them or you will delay your tanks so much that you better press "Surrender" instead of fighting a battle which is already lost .

actually the wasp upgrade require the sapper building to be purchased, and the sapper building cost 180mp 30 fuel.

the flame nade was justified when the Leig was awful against building and it was the only reliable way for the OKW to flush garrison.

the grenade should be switch back to HE now that Leig is actually good against garrison. The close range dps on the storm provide the okw with a okay garrison counter until the arrival of the LeiG.
29 May 2018, 13:45 PM

actually the wasp upgrade require the sapper building to be purchased, and the sapper building cost 180mp 30 fuel.

the flame nade was justified when the Leig was awful against building and it was the only reliable way for the OKW to flush garrison.

the grenade should be switch back to HE now that Leig is actually good against garrison. The close range dps on the storm provide the okw with a okay garrison counter until the arrival of the LeiG.

So what ? The 190 MP and 30 fuel would have been spend anyway on the Platoon Command Post so it is no extra cost + UC is the cheapest Flamethrower Vehicle in game but still very potent

And I do not get why you wanna remove flamenade because Leig got buffed . Many people (including me) go to T2 to get acess to Luchs since Flak-HT got nerfed.And the HE nade of OKW ... it is a joke
(if it will performe the same way as the Panzerfusiliers nade).And even Sturms can't do anything against an Garrisoned MG or Infantry Section
29 May 2018, 14:32 PM

And I do not get why you wanna remove flamenade because Leig got buffed . Many people (including me) go to T2 to get acess to Luchs since Flak-HT got nerfed.And the HE nade of OKW ... it is a joke (if it will performe the same way as the Panzerfusiliers nade). And even Sturms can't do anything against an Garrisoned MG or Infantry Section

A teching choice deprives you of a certain ability for some time? The horror.
29 May 2018, 15:01 PM
Donator 11

How would it fair if we switch the flame nade to HE/frag?
29 May 2018, 15:46 PM

So what ? The 190 MP and 30 fuel would have been spend anyway on the Platoon Command Post so it is no extra cost + UC is the cheapest Flamethrower Vehicle in game but still very potent

So we could do the same for the flamnade, behind T1/T2 building.
29 May 2018, 16:06 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2018, 08:07 AMVipper
All incendiary grenades should not be available to mainline infantry but moved to specialized units.

Connecting OKW tech to set up buildings is bad because truck placement is map depended.

I really see little reason against OKW Side tech.

SP concussion grenade could be redesigned to do have extra affects vs garrison/heavy cover and be available earlier.

I mostly agree. Incendiary granades should be removed from volksgrenadier. Concussion granades should deal no damage. Instead they should increase RA of hit soldiers. That way you can use them like you would in reality - throw inside a building or cover position just before rushing in with automatic weapons.

On the other hand I think upgrade as well as long and obvious animation justify keeping molotovs in conscript squad. As for tech, I don't think there is any difference between connecting abilities to okw tech and other factions. The primary placement for building is always the base. The ability to build forward bases is map dependant bonus, but it doesn't affect the timing of your trucks.
29 May 2018, 17:14 PM

If you ignore Brits ... yes .

If you upgrade them with Sweepers you will lack AT for infantry

OKWs AT gun is a total joke,Kübel can get destroyed very easy,Volks struggle against Infantry Section,Rifles and even Conscipts also I do not get how "and top of that obers in the highest tier" is somthing positive about OKW ... this would mean that it is positive getting Infantry by a time where infantry isn't that usefull anymore and OKW is not the only fraction with non doc heavys ... Brits can get even multiple ones (and btw.KT isn't anymore what it used to be) ... but no matter this has nothing to do with the fact that OKW will lack Anti garrison tools when you put Flamenade behind tech . Even a cost of 25 fuel for the Flamenade Tech will delay the Luchs so much that is will come after AEC

I never said i want the flame nade behind side tech. Its current tech is fine. The timer did the job.

Volks struggeling vs section and rifles is as they should. They are cheaper and have obers later down the line. Rifles and sextion are it for usf and ukf. And volks just dont waltz over cons anymore that is all. Just upgrade your volks and cons will loose nearly every fight unless they go doct ppsh.
And Yes obers are not able to solo any and all squads at any time like before. Their dps is a good addition to any infantry force.

Okw's atgun can retreat cloak and garrison unlike all other at guns and its also t0. That it can be lacking in other areas is fine balance wise. Its also cheaper.

The kubel is an excelent backcapper, it can cap without needing a squad inside wich also has decent dps. Yes it can be destoyed quickly but it does not bleed models.

I said non doc "super" heavy tank. No other faction has that. Kv1 churchill etc come no where near the impact a superheavy like the kt has. And the kt not being a auto win button anymore is a good thing.
29 May 2018, 17:35 PM

I said non doc "super" heavy tank. No other faction has that. Kv1 churchill etc come no where near the impact a superheavy like the kt has. And the kt not being a auto win button anymore is a good thing.

Yes, the KT is far worse than either of those tanks for some magical reason.
29 May 2018, 17:39 PM
Donator 11

Yes, the KT is far worse than either of those tanks for some magical reason.

What is the definition of "worse" that you use? KT is just a non-doctrinal slightly more powerful and more expensive version of IS-2. It is not a valentine.
29 May 2018, 18:12 PM

What is the definition of "worse" that you use? KT is just a non-doctrinal slightly more powerful and more expensive version of IS-2. It is not a valentine.

Worse as in, so bad it is never built.
29 May 2018, 18:53 PM

I've just faced one recently in 2s on top 100 level.
29 May 2018, 19:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 May 2018, 15:01 PMMittens
How would it fair if we switch the flame nade to HE/frag?

how wouldnt it? volks had the stick frag to begin with but was changed to a flame nade to make up for the leig being complete pond trash. thats not the case anymore. swapping it to stums and making volks get the flame nades with firestorm seems logical for both flavour and balance.
29 May 2018, 19:29 PM

is 100 mp 15 fu not enough ?
29 May 2018, 19:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 May 2018, 15:46 PMEsxile

So we could do the same for the flamnade, behind T1/T2 building.

You notice the difference between a simple nade and an Flamethrower car ?
Also Flamenade is neither the cheapest nor the best.
29 May 2018, 20:10 PM

I never said i want the flame nade behind side tech. Its current tech is fine. The timer did the job.

1+

Volks struggeling vs section and rifles is as they should. They are cheaper and have obers later down the line. Rifles and sextion are it for usf and ukf. And volks just dont waltz over cons anymore that is all. Just upgrade your volks and cons will loose nearly every fight unless they go doct ppsh.
And Yes obers are not able to solo any and all squads at any time like before. Their dps is a good addition to any infantry force.

Okw's atgun can retreat cloak and garrison unlike all other at guns and its also t0. That it can be lacking in other areas is fine balance wise. Its also cheaper.

The kubel is an excelent backcapper, it can cap without needing a squad inside wich also has decent dps. Yes it can be destoyed quickly but it does not bleed models.

OKW at gun can retreat but it's mortar can't.Also I do not understand how retreating is useful if you die within one shot(as far as I know Raketen gives no cover bonus unlike other AT guns)and I do not get why its bad performance is justified because it is T0.By the time enemy builds his first tank you either already have T2 for Puma or T1 in which the AT gun could be if it wouldn't be in T0 so it isn't that huge advantage ... of course can you build one early in game to counter Clowncars or UC but is it really worth it ? Instead you just can use Fausts and Panzerschreck.

I agree with you that the KT shouldn't be a "I win button" but at the moment it is more like a "I loose button".Most players I play with (me included) barly ever get Tiger II(only get him when using Sturmtiger doctrine because of the Commander with additional sight and HEAT shells)but instead invest into somthing more usefull like Pz4s or Panthers.But I disagree with you that Churchill hasn't an impact on the game like KT.Since you can build multiple Churchill's you can get the enemy into pretty gave troubles(even one single one can cause a lot of damage)
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight