Login

russian armor

Give OKW flame nade a tech cost?

PAGES (8)down
30 May 2018, 10:29 AM

but didn't they change the damage in hold (true) ? Now it should deal damage to all model inside right ?

They did it is still average the DPS is 0.15 the normal...
30 May 2018, 10:40 AM

flak HT is also quite good at flushing out buildings now along with the LIEG.

imo add it as an upgrade OR bring the old grenade back. Having a cover system is pretty silly when volks can just negate it by throwing inc nades everywhere. Any other grenade you can micro and dodge but vs flame nades your only option is to stand in the open.

B-but swordfisch what about molotovs!

yes molotovs, the flame grenade that has an upgrade...
30 May 2018, 10:49 AM

flak HT is also quite good at flushing out buildings now along with the LIEG.

imo add it as an upgrade OR bring the old grenade back. Having a cover system is pretty silly when volks can just negate it by throwing inc nades everywhere. Any other grenade you can micro and dodge but vs flame nades your only option is to stand in the open.

yes molotovs, the flame grenade that has an upgrade...
like u get free trucks right ?
30 May 2018, 10:50 AM

Because getting a truck delays your tech, right?
30 May 2018, 10:58 AM

Or just give the flamenade to Sturms. It wouldn’t be overly strong as a combat tool to sturms aside from garrison clearing since cover doesn’t matter at the range where they can fight anyway so it’d be an ok fix without heaping even more onto sturms (people seem to complain they have to juggle too many roles and having flamers means no sweepers and no schrecks).

That could work, but I prefer flamethrower since that seems to work on engi/pio's. Why try to re-invent the wheel?

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2018, 07:28 AMEsxile

What matters in 1vs1 is the wiping potential of your army and capping territory: Armor doesn't cap points.
You have racketen and Puma to counter medium armor as well.

Know with what you say, you completely make me believe flamnade have to go away, so OKW meta can evolve to something else than spam volks>fast pz4. with a variant including a HT or Luch if things go very well and you have extra fuel.

Things like this make me wonder how your 1vs1 experience is (especially as okw).
LV's, more than medium tanks rule the scene, delaying either to get arty to flush out garrisons is retarded.

While you struggle vs every garrison and hold on to dear life getting that stuka out, I am getting out a LV which will rape your army.

It's why every half decent faction has acces to garrison counters from early one (flames, mortar) while brits struggle to do anything (and are seriously weak atm since their crutches are gone).

At this point I am seriously wondering you're just against okw getting garrison clearing for the simple fact it's okw.
Else I expect your thread on why USF should lose the mortar today (afterall, they can rush pack howi for cheaper than okw can rush stuka).
30 May 2018, 10:58 AM

call me back when soviets can place a med truck and reinforce in cheesy locations around the map protected from shot blockers
30 May 2018, 11:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2018, 10:58 AMzarok47

That could work, but I prefer flamethrower since that seems to work on engi/pio's. Why try to re-invent the wheel?

Things like this make me wonder how your 1vs1 experience is (especially as okw).
LV's, more than medium tanks rule the scene, delaying either to get arty to flush out garrisons is retarded.

While you struggle vs every garrison and hold on to dear life getting that stuka out, I am getting out a LV which will rape your army.

It's why every half decent faction has acces to garrison counters from early one (flames, mortar) while brits struggle to do anything (and are seriously weak atm since their crutches are gone).

At this point I am seriously wondering you're just against okw getting garrison clearing for the simple fact it's okw.
Else I expect your thread on why USF should lose the mortar today (afterall, they can rush pack howi for cheaper than okw can rush stuka).

Then build T1. Or read all posts and stop only cherry picking quotes out of context.
30 May 2018, 11:04 AM

call me back when soviets can place a med truck and reinforce in cheesy locations around the map protected from shot blockers
on one trhead "u need to put all your truck in your base" on another "u need to put ur truck as forword as possible" and this why u can't balnce the game
30 May 2018, 11:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2018, 10:50 AMKatitof

Because getting a truck delays your tech, right?
compared to otehr faction they do, if my claculation still stands okw should have the most expesive full tech tree followed by brits and usf
30 May 2018, 11:14 AM

compared to otehr faction they do, if my claculation still stands okw should have the most expesive full tech tree followed by brits and usf

You include side upgrades or what?
Because side upgrades are not teching.
And your calculation seems off by a long shot.
30 May 2018, 11:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2018, 11:03 AMEsxile

Then build T1. Or read all posts and stop only cherry picking quotes out of context.

Do people not remember when OKW had model 24 frags on volks? And the faction couldn't clear garrisons for shit? Why? Because squads would just hop out of the garrison and then get back in.

So say you change it back to model 24 frags and this happens again, thats ok though because you can just clear it with the LeIG. Yes that's a wonderful way of again making OKW t2 completly unviable on a garrison map because none of the T2 units can clear worth a damn.

Then people will start bitching about LeIG spam again because it'll be the only viable way to clear garrisons.

Take your own advice and read all posts.
30 May 2018, 11:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2018, 11:18 AMzarok47

Take your own advice and read all posts.

Which is not true.
30 May 2018, 11:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2018, 11:14 AMKatitof

You include side upgrades or what?
Because side upgrades are not teching.
And your calculation seems off by a long shot.
they were acurate cause u need to add 15 fu x 3 for each truck and then the side upgrades too and i said full tech
for normal tech the other faction are still faster (as they reduced the starting fuel)
30 May 2018, 11:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2018, 11:25 AMEsxile

Which is not true.

Which I rebutted in the post you claim was nitpicking.

Are you trolling or just enjoy digging your own hole?
30 May 2018, 12:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2018, 11:29 AMzarok47

Which I rebutted in the post you claim was nitpicking.

Are you trolling or just enjoy digging your own hole?

Nop, OKW T2 is dominant on every map that is not garrison heavy and it has one of the best garrison counter in its T2 but yeah it cost fuel... too bad.

At some point you may consider that every factional tier has CONS and PRO and maybe OKW T2 CONS is lack of cheap and easy to access garrison cleaner.

You may need to go over your factional bias to understand that.

30 May 2018, 12:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2018, 10:58 AMzarok47

Ok I can respect your post as you look at other factions in a relatively balanced sense. But leaving the flame nade and OKW the same isn't going to help things

As far as im concerned the OKW vs UKF balance is leaning markedly in favour of OKW. Atm OKW have an answer vs everything you can field and keep you guessing (am I going to need need AEC to deal with luch? or can I survive with ATG to deal with FlakHT? he gets flame nades and StG for free so I need to invest in brens and five man). They can also counter your LV or nerfed emplacements easily with teamweapons while brits don't have that luxury (no snare so AT gun vs luch is risky unlike raketten vs aec).

Eventually it gets to the point he is fielding a OKW P4 at the same time you can field a Cromwell when you factor in upgrades. And we all know who wins that match up. Something needs to budge
30 May 2018, 12:54 PM

There is one major problem with flame nades and OKW teching.
You need these nades if you go mechanized.
If you go battlegroup, you'll struggle against light vehicles as AAHT while amazing vs infantry, is not any good vs vehicles and going mechanized means you won't have ISGs to counter garrisons.

Once again, OKW teching itself is a problem.
30 May 2018, 13:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2018, 12:54 PMKatitof
There is one major problem with flame nades and OKW teching.
You need these nades if you go mechanized.
If you go battlegroup, you'll struggle against light vehicles as AAHT while amazing vs infantry, is not any good vs vehicles and going mechanized means you won't have ISGs to counter garrisons.

Once again, OKW teching itself is a problem.
it's not like people have not made over 100 trhead of alternative rework but i guess buffing the jackson took priority
30 May 2018, 13:34 PM

Build a stuka as ur first vehicle i a 1v1? XDDDD

Yes OKW teching can be to blame, flame nades are on volks for the sake of balance.

Sturms can get the flame nade, but then something like the shreks would have to move back to volks as strums are already overburdened as it is
30 May 2018, 14:52 PM

it's not like people have not made over 100 trhead of alternative rework but i guess buffing the jackson took priority

This was at the time everyone and his dog was getting KT and usf struggled against it, alternative was to make KT so weak that it would be worse then tiger/is-2 for sub par USF AT to do the job.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight