Login

russian armor

Commanders revamp - December patch

31 Oct 2017, 17:41 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

EFA: you can't salvage +20 commanders in the same way as 8 commanders from the new factions. You would had to focus first on it's abilities mostly. If that's not the case, i guess swapping abilities must be considered. Buffing/touching certain abilities/units affects a huge part of the roster.

SU:
Shocktroop/Guards: rollback part of the nerfs. Consider lowering the initial cost to call in for Shocks and removing the trip wire flare as vet bonus.
HTD: it's current itineration is useless.

2nd choices:
ISU: AT munition doing a bit of damage on deflect.
45mm AT gun: utility

Commander wise:
If i have to pick a commander which will affect the most of the whole roster it would be: Guard Rifle Combined arms/Shock army.
For more specific changes i'll go with Defensive doc: just freaking fuse the mines and tank traps leaving room for an extra ability. I'll put here any unique unit such as KV1/KV2/B4
If i would really want a unique revamp it would had to include the commissar (balance it around other officers) so you could add it to commanders such as Conscript support or NKVD

OH

Even harder than before, as they are mostly fine but there's generally a more optimised choice as the overlap is huge. Line of thought is gonna be similar to SU.
First picks: Officer and Hulldown.
Second picks: 250HT assault groups and Stormtroopers

Commander wise:
Joint Operations/Close air support/Jaeger Infantry

This probably won't happen scenario:
Jaeger armor/Lighting swap Stuka Dive bomb and CAS for something else simil (single AT strafe for ex.)
Add flame mortar barrage, Urban panzer grens (with balance) and the doomsday offmap.

USF:
Ezpz Mechanized and Recon. Maybe swap Mecha for Airborne.

OKW:
Feuersturm and Elite. Maybe swap Elite for Fallschir...i mean Luftwaffe.

UKF:
Royal Engineer and Artillery.
31 Oct 2017, 23:19 PM

I assume asking for some Commanders to be combined / retired is out of the question? Eastern Front's Commander List is a mess, and a lot of them seem to be rather anemic compared to the generally meaty WFA Commanders or the buff as hell British Commanders.
1 Nov 2017, 00:08 AM

Brits:
Doctrine with sexton - as it is the most useless commander for them, the abilities sucks, so as the sexton, and it has valentine right? probably never seen it in use (maybe 0.0001% of games)

second choice is meh, dunno, none is perfect nor bad

OKW:
Feuersturm - for nothing that it has

Goliath doc - for the same reason as above, only stuka loiter is somewhat good but not special

USF

- M8 doc and with jeep

Ostheer -

hard to find useless doctrines because 75% of them are usless, only way to buff them is to change some abilities like:
-ambush camo - IMO it should be passive thing for infantry or at least reduce cost to 15 or 10
-hulldown - as it requires infantry on the tank to make it work, i think it should be toggle on/off ability
-tactical movement - like speed increase for 10 sec is that what we really want... so change it with some boosts like FMR or at least increase duration by a lot
-leigs barrage - because 120 muni cost for it is way too much for doing nothing at all with huge delay
-field officer - useless unit
-mortar HT - while this unit is somewhat good, it's still fuel expensive, and it's range is low

and after all i found the most useless commander - the encirclement :snfBarton:

Soviets:

same thing as for ostheer

-guards and shocks could get some love with lower cost at least
-KV-8 is still OP as fuck
-while KV-2 is pretty shit and expensive
-but nothing beats the Urban def doc shittines

1 Nov 2017, 00:51 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

OKW:

Luftwaffe ground forces: Heavy fortifications -> Me262 light bombing run/AT strafe

Firestorm: Buff hetzer

USF:

Mechanized: Recon sweep -> Combined arms

Rifle: Change fireup exhaustion -> 1.25 reinforce time for next 4 models (doesn't stack)
1 Nov 2017, 02:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2017, 09:46 AMnigo
They said:

IMHO 2 commanders for Soviets and Ostheer is not enough.

What are your choices for this revamp?

The bad Ost and Soviet commanders are mostly just different combinations of a few underwhelming abilities. The balance team could fix about a dozen abilities and it would make most of those commanders viable.

Feuerstorm (sp) for OKW needs help in anything but a city map, so does Overwatch.

Mechanized and Recon support for USF are the worst. Airborn needs help also and could be fixed easily (lower CP on paratroopers, make P47 hit something smaller than a KT, maybe morph pathfinders into more of a support role)
1 Nov 2017, 06:38 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I have so much to say about these commanders, and I'm excited these are getting looked at. Being my most played faction, I will first address the Soviets, before moving on to other factions. I hope I find support for my ideas in this patch, because I sincerely feel these could breathe life back into an otherwise meta-tied faction.

Counterattack:

Shock Troops
Rapid Conscription
For Mother Russia
B4 Howitzer
KV-2

Logic and reasoning: To me, the word counterattack, especially in the light of Soviet doctrine, evokes strong imagery of heavy artillery. It also implies an early war doctrine, since after Kursk there were no more major German offensives on the Eastern front, so there's nothing to counterattack to.

Rapid Conscription:

Soviet counteroffensives had a notorious reputation of being rushed and ill-planned. There was little to no recon of the enemy and relied on brute and desperate force to get the job done, usually resulting in heavy losses. By swapping out Recon Overflight for Rapid Conscription, this reflects both the lack of recon as well as the willingness of STAVKA to commit massive amounts of manpower. It also has synergy with the massive pushes that this commander is expected to make with For Mother Russia.

KV-2:

Switch the KV-1 out for the KV-2. This encourages players to tech up to T4 instead of spamming SU-76's and KV-1's in the late game. It also fits the theme of counterattack much better than the KV-1, which, if the balance team implement the hull down change, would be a defensive tank rather than an offensive tank (KV-2 was literally called an assault tank by the Soviets). Additionally, it serves as mobile artillery, which may encourage aggressive late game pushing.

Defensive Tactics:

Field Fortifications*
PMD-6 Minefield
M42 AT Gun
AT Gun Ambush Camo
KV-1

Logic and reasoning: In comparison to the OKH equivalent, which has access to hull down and Pak43 that carries further into the late game, this commander lacks any staying power other than the DsHK, which is getting nerfed anyway. However, I felt the commander also strongly leaned towards T1 because it provided all the perks of T2 and could be frustrating to play against in the early game if utilized correctly. The following changes are a bit drastic, but I feel they would make for a commander that has it's place in 1v1's and 2v2's.

Field Fortifications: *Combat Engineers can build MG Nests and Tank Traps.

Similar to OKW's Heavy Fortifications, this allows a faction with otherwise few defensive options to cover more ground taken, and granting a non-mobile version of the DsHK.

PMD-6 Minefield:

A clone of the S-mine statistically. Why not just make it easier for everyone and make them complete copies, but swap the model? It also finally gives minefields to a second faction.

AT Gun Ambush Camo:

This encourages defensive play and can be used with both M42s and ZiS guns, which further encourages the player that teching T2 is still viable.

KV-1:

The KV-1 returns with its hull down ability. Obviously a defensive vehicle, the call-in would make the doctrine more attractive later in the game.

Other Thoughts (Soviet):

There are a few changes I'd like to propose some ideas for ability and unit changes, if implemented, could boost quite a few commanders' viability and revitalize the meta in general. Let's begin.

Guards Rifle Infantry and Penal Battalions:

I absolutely hate how Penals are portrayed in the game. In real life, SVT-40 rifles were rare pieces of equipment that were seldom used to full effect by anyone less than elite infantry. I'd like to propose that Penal Battalions swap their SVT-40's for Mosin-Nagants (possibly worse than conscript Mosins) and get a manpower price reduction to reflect the change. An even more drastic approach is to make the Penal Battalion like to Osttruppen, effective in cover but ineffective elsewhere, to give a defensive play option to T1. After all, they were used in similar roles in real life such as guarding flanks or as cannon fodder for assaults.

Guards Rifle Infantry are the prime candidates for SVT-40s. There is much talk about their slot items, so why not have them come with no slot items, but with SVT-40s and the option to upgrade 2x DP28 or 2x PTRS? This has the added benefit that it improves reliability against infantry on the models without slot items.

I feel that this change would further set differentiate the uses of Conscripts, Penals, and Guards, while also making a whole lot of sense.

Shock Troops:

Widely regarded as the worst elite infantry in the game, the Shocks simply need something that helps them close the distance. Giving them a VET 1 sprint ability similar to OORAH that reduces incoming accuracy would fit the character of the squad so much more than the seldom-used trip-wire flares that almost all Soviet infantry get.

AT Gun Ambush Camo:

This is seen in a number of doctrines, but is seldom used at all. However, I feel that a simple change to add a first_strike damage and accuracy bonus may make the ability much more attractive. There is only one shot fired that can benefit from this, and because camo was nerfed some time ago, will not be overly abusive.

M42 AT Gun

This can easily be regarded as one of the worst units in the game because of it's terrible scaling and niche uses. My solution would be to give the unit the ability to garrison and retreat like the Puppchen as well as a veteran Canister Shot ability for some utility against infantry. Perhaps even modify the gun's accuracy against infantry and do away with the damage penalty in type_tables to give it a support gun role later in the game.

Hit The Dirt!

Fix this so that it works again, either through recieved_accuracy workarounds or otherwise. Maybe permit them to crawl at a slow rate to make the ability less clunky.

QoL UI Suggestions (Soviet):

Conscripts get overwritten icon when upgraded with PPsH, similar to Tommies:
Assault Guards use unique unit icon to help identify them from normal guards:
Combat Engineers use unique unit icon because I like showing off my work:
1 Nov 2017, 09:49 AM

Relic will probably be reading threads like these to decide which commanders to pick from so that people can vote.

Ideally, the doctrines that will be selected in the end should:

Be Salvageable
The doctrine should scale at least as well as other faction doctrines, so that people will still pick the doctrine 2 weeks after the patch.

e.g., You could buff the abilities of the NKVD or the Anti-Infantry doctrine, but would you ever truly pick either over, e.g., Terror Tactics (assuming that all doctrines had their abilities fixed at the same time)

Have a cohesive design
The abilities should synergise with one another and make sense when you put them together. i.e., the doctrines should feel as close to CoH1 doctrines in spirit. For instance, if you buff every single Soviet Industry ability, you will have a strong doctrine. However, without swapping abilities out, there is no link between the doctrine abilities and how an Industry-themed doctrine should function.

Cohesive design has little to do with power. For instance USF Infantry Doctrine has a more cohesive design than the bag-of-treats USF Tactical Support doctrine.

Everybody has sort of converged to the same group of 3-4 WFA commanders.

Now, it might be difficult, but let's try to find interesting EFA commanders that will become great if given a good polish. You can make more precise suggestions as you go, to see where we can take those commanders. There's a lot of good suggestions already going around!

Brits:
Doctrine with sexton - as it is the most useless commander for them, the abilities sucks, so as the sexton, and it has valentine right? probably never seen it in use (maybe 0.0001% of games)

second choice is meh, dunno, none is perfect nor bad

OKW:
Feuersturm - for nothing that it has

Goliath doc - for the same reason as above, only stuka loiter is somewhat good but not special

USF

- M8 doc and with jeep

Ostheer -

hard to find useless doctrines because 75% of them are usless, only way to buff them is to change some abilities like:
-ambush camo - IMO it should be passive thing for infantry or at least reduce cost to 15 or 10
-hulldown - as it requires infantry on the tank to make it work, i think it should be toggle on/off ability
-tactical movement - like speed increase for 10 sec is that what we really want... so change it with some boosts like FMR or at least increase duration by a lot
-leigs barrage - because 120 muni cost for it is way too much for doing nothing at all with huge delay
-field officer - useless unit
-mortar HT - while this unit is somewhat good, it's still fuel expensive, and it's range is low

and after all i found the most useless commander - the encirclement :snfBarton:

Soviets:

same thing as for ostheer

-guards and shocks could get some love with lower cost at least
-KV-8 is still OP as fuck
-while KV-2 is pretty shit and expensive
-but nothing beats the Urban def doc shittines

+9000
1 Nov 2017, 10:06 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

Relic will probably be reading threads like these to decide which commanders to pick from so that people can vote.

Be Salvageable
The doctrine should scale at least as well as other faction doctrines, so that people will still pick the doctrine 2 weeks after the patch.

e.g., You could buff the abilities of the NKVD or the Anti-Infantry doctrine, but would you ever truly pick either over, e.g., Terror Tactics (assuming that all doctrines had their abilities fixed at the same time)

Have a cohesive design
The abilities should synergise with one another and make sense when you put them together. i.e., the doctrines should feel as close to CoH1 doctrines in spirit. For instance, if you buff every single Soviet Industry ability, you will have a strong doctrine. However, without swapping abilities out, there is no link between the doctrine abilities and how an Industry-themed doctrine should function.

Cohesive design has little to do with power. For instance USF Infantry Doctrine has a more cohesive design than the bag-of-treats USF Tactical Support doctrine.

Now, it might be difficult, but let's try to find interesting EFA commanders that will become great if given a good polish. You can make more precise suggestions as you go, to see where we can take those commanders. There's a lot of good suggestions already going around!

+9000

Typical 1vs1 player^^

You see Sexton doc very often in 3vs3, 4vs4.

Reason:

A) Valentine
B) The 4 cp airstrike, which is op as fuck!( after teching Anvil!)
You can used it through FoW and it kills arty easy. and cost like 100 muni or 150 only

And that Firestorm is not that bad on housemaps, people should know that already. And Firestorm is great vs brits.
1 Nov 2017, 10:08 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

I told Relic already that they have to think about, for what the docs should be.

1vs1 and 4vs4 is very different. ( Like lendlease, community defense does not work in 3vs3, 4vs4) on the other side ofc, Jaeger Armor from Wehrmacht is very rare in 1vs1^^
1 Nov 2017, 10:32 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I have so much to say about these commanders, and I'm excited these are getting looked at. Being my most played faction, I will first address the Soviets, before moving on to other factions. I hope I find support for my ideas in this patch, because I sincerely feel these could breathe life back into an otherwise meta-tied faction.

Counterattack:

Shock Troops
Rapid Conscription
For Mother Russia
B4 Howitzer
KV-2

Logic and reasoning: To me, the word counterattack, especially in the light of Soviet doctrine, evokes strong imagery of heavy artillery. It also implies an early war doctrine, since after Kursk there were no more major German offensives on the Eastern front, so there's nothing to counterattack to.

Rapid Conscription:

Soviet counteroffensives had a notorious reputation of being rushed and ill-planned. There was little to no recon of the enemy and relied on brute and desperate force to get the job done, usually resulting in heavy losses. By swapping out Recon Overflight for Rapid Conscription, this reflects both the lack of recon as well as the willingness of STAVKA to commit massive amounts of manpower. It also has synergy with the massive pushes that this commander is expected to make with For Mother Russia.

KV-2:

Switch the KV-1 out for the KV-2. This encourages players to tech up to T4 instead of spamming SU-76's and KV-1's in the late game. It also fits the theme of counterattack much better than the KV-1, which, if the balance team implement the hull down change, would be a defensive tank rather than an offensive tank (KV-2 was literally called an assault tank by the Soviets). Additionally, it serves as mobile artillery, which may encourage aggressive late game pushing.

Defensive Tactics:

Field Fortifications*
PMD-6 Minefield
M42 AT Gun
AT Gun Ambush Camo
KV-1

Logic and reasoning: In comparison to the OKH equivalent, which has access to hull down and Pak43 that carries further into the late game, this commander lacks any staying power other than the DsHK, which is getting nerfed anyway. However, I felt the commander also strongly leaned towards T1 because it provided all the perks of T2 and could be frustrating to play against in the early game if utilized correctly. The following changes are a bit drastic, but I feel they would make for a commander that has it's place in 1v1's and 2v2's.

Field Fortifications: *Combat Engineers can build MG Nests and Tank Traps.

Similar to OKW's Heavy Fortifications, this allows a faction with otherwise few defensive options to cover more ground taken, and granting a non-mobile version of the DsHK.

PMD-6 Minefield:

A clone of the S-mine statistically. Why not just make it easier for everyone and make them complete copies, but swap the model? It also finally gives minefields to a second faction.

AT Gun Ambush Camo:

This encourages defensive play and can be used with both M42s and ZiS guns, which further encourages the player that teching T2 is still viable.

KV-1:

The KV-1 returns with its hull down ability. Obviously a defensive vehicle, the call-in would make the doctrine more attractive later in the game.

Other Thoughts (Soviet):

There are a few changes I'd like to propose some ideas for ability and unit changes, if implemented, could boost quite a few commanders' viability and revitalize the meta in general. Let's begin.

Guards Rifle Infantry and Penal Battalions:

I absolutely hate how Penals are portrayed in the game. In real life, SVT-40 rifles were rare pieces of equipment that were seldom used to full effect by anyone less than elite infantry. I'd like to propose that Penal Battalions swap their SVT-40's for Mosin-Nagants (possibly worse than conscript Mosins) and get a manpower price reduction to reflect the change. An even more drastic approach is to make the Penal Battalion like to Osttruppen, effective in cover but ineffective elsewhere, to give a defensive play option to T1. After all, they were used in similar roles in real life such as guarding flanks or as cannon fodder for assaults.

Guards Rifle Infantry are the prime candidates for SVT-40s. There is much talk about their slot items, so why not have them come with no slot items, but with SVT-40s and the option to upgrade 2x DP28 or 2x PTRS? This has the added benefit that it improves reliability against infantry on the models without slot items.

I feel that this change would further set differentiate the uses of Conscripts, Penals, and Guards, while also making a whole lot of sense.

Shock Troops:

Widely regarded as the worst elite infantry in the game, the Shocks simply need something that helps them close the distance. Giving them a VET 1 sprint ability similar to OORAH that reduces incoming accuracy would fit the character of the squad so much more than the seldom-used trip-wire flares that almost all Soviet infantry get.

AT Gun Ambush Camo:

This is seen in a number of doctrines, but is seldom used at all. However, I feel that a simple change to add a first_strike damage and accuracy bonus may make the ability much more attractive. There is only one shot fired that can benefit from this, and because camo was nerfed some time ago, will not be overly abusive.

M42 AT Gun

This can easily be regarded as one of the worst units in the game because of it's terrible scaling and niche uses. My solution would be to give the unit the ability to garrison and retreat like the Puppchen as well as a veteran Canister Shot ability for some utility against infantry. Perhaps even modify the gun's accuracy against infantry and do away with the damage penalty in type_tables to give it a support gun role later in the game.

Hit The Dirt!

Fix this so that it works again, either through recieved_accuracy workarounds or otherwise. Maybe permit them to crawl at a slow rate to make the ability less clunky.

QoL UI Suggestions (Soviet):

Conscripts get overwritten icon when upgraded with PPsH, similar to Tommies:
Assault Guards use unique unit icon to help identify them from normal guards:
Combat Engineers use unique unit icon because I like showing off my work:

Can't say it better! I would like to vote for these suggestions. Even more, UI stuff for these changes already exist (Thanks first of all to SneakEye, Capiqua and of course Kasarov).
1 Nov 2017, 10:33 AM

Be Salvageable

Have a cohesive design

If we are taking it from this perspective then the commanders with most interesting (failed) design for me are

OST:

FESTUNG ARMOR DOCTRINE -Very nice design of defensive doctrin but it requires sector arty and hull down deplayability without infantry (vcoh churchills)

JAEGER INFANTRY DOCTRINE - I was always a big fan of strong infantry doctrine that falls behind as the game progress, however this doctrine falls behind from minute 0 :D

SOV

NKVD - heads down the most interesting doctrine in soviet roster, shame its shiiiit

SHOCK MOTOR HEAVY TACTICS AND ADVANCED WARFARE HAD BIG POTENTIAL AS WELL, just need to make their abilities worth and replace some of them

USF

AIRBORNE - most interesting doctrine that changes USF gameplay a lot, shame it sucks hard. Easily salvagable.

MECHANIZED DOCTRINE - Make Doge less retarded when it comes to pathing, Assault engineers in halftrack useful and change Recon Sweep for new buffed Greyhound. This way the doctrine will have a defined role - being able to put huge amound of pressure early on with squishy yet powerful vehicles and then fall behind compared to other doctrines.

OKW

FEUERSTURM- OKW Doctrine with biggest potential - just change thorough salvage to leigt incendiary round, buff recoup loses Make Hetzer wreck sh*t and Stuka Barrage wreck emplacements.

FALLSHIRMJAGER LUFTWAFFE DOCTRINE - Finally fix bugged 250 munnition air strike, change emplacements for Sector Assault or Stuka Dive Bomb and fix bugged valiant assault. This will turn Falls doctrine into useful doctrine that is able to play around with infantry and good offmaps ;)

UKF

Artillery Regiment - buff Suckston, Shilentine and overwatch ability to make them worth it. It will work well even in 1v1 then

Commando Regiment - doctrine with biggest potential - another munition heavy, interesting doctrine. Shame that most of those abilities are too complicated and too bugged. Most players cannot understand them and thus abuse them

1 Nov 2017, 10:50 AM

For SU dofiently defensive tactics. In times where OKW gets tank traps, emplacements and trenches or bunkers, trenches and mines in ONE ability, tank traps and mines should be combined into 1 ability for SU as well and the free spot I would use for a KV2 which would suit in a defensive theme of this doctrine with its siege mode. Maybe even get rid of dshk/at gun and put something else.
1 Nov 2017, 10:51 AM

JAEGER INFANTRY DOCTRINE - I was always a big fan of strong infantry doctrine that falls behind as the game progress, however this doctrine falls behind from minute 0 :D

Jager Doctrine is basically Lightning War without Tiger and Ostruppen reserves. Lightning War simply does the infantry aggression thing better. Wouldn't you rather fix Storm Doctrine (remember Stuka Dive Bomb nerfs) or Encirclement Doctrine as stealth-fueled infantry-oriented doctrines?

NKVD - heads down the most interesting doctrine in soviet roster, shame its shiiiit

What's so interesting about NKVD apart from the name? Terror seems to have the same theme as NKVD; only that terror actually has scaling potential.

SHOCK MOTOR HEAVY TACTICS AND ADVANCED WARFARE HAD BIG POTENTIAL AS WELL, just need to make their abilities worth and replace some of them

With decent conscripts, repair kits become really useful.

Advanced Warfare only needs the IL-2 strafe bugfix to become meta; though it's not a very interesting doctrine, imo, since it revolves around Conscript spam and T-34/85 spam. Conscript Support and Armoured Assault are better doctrines at that, since at least they have honest intentions, and the title reflects that.

Shock motor only lacks Shock Troop buffs, imo. ISU is already fixed. It's one of the most played doctrines in Revamp mod.

MECHANIZED DOCTRINE - Make Doge less retarded when it comes to pathing, Assault engineers in halftrack useful and change Recon Sweep for new buffed Greyhound. This way the doctrine will have a defined role - being able to put huge amound of pressure early on with squishy yet powerful vehicles and then fall behind compared to other doctrines.

We're only allowed to change 2 commanders per faction. I don't think it would be a smart choice to deliberately design one such commander to be early-game only and with no scaling.

Even if the doctrine doesn't become broken OP, people will hate playing both as and against a strong early-game doctrine.

A strong early-game doctrine that requires following a script to execute or counter will kill the replayability both of the doctrine and the game. That would look somewhat similar to how Advanced Emplacement Regiment make everybody so sick of playing against it.
1 Nov 2017, 11:05 AM

Typical 1vs1 player^^

You see Sexton doc very often in 3vs3, 4vs4.

Artillery doctrine offmap targeting in the fog of war will get fixed either way, regardless of whether the doctrine gets revamped or not. The reason this is not yet in is because everybody knows Artillery Doctrine will get 100% of the votes, so why bother arguing with Relic on that.

That's similar with Counterattack. Mother Russia can't stay the way it is in light of Conscript buffs.
3 Nov 2017, 05:00 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Just had an idea:

What if we gave Elite Armor an Sdkfz. 250 Halftrack? I would give it the cost of the M3A1 scout car and a 1CP requirement.

This would give the OKW an option for serious aggression in the early-mid game, and it would give OKW more build order variety.

For example, Sturmpioneer-heavy builds could become much more viable now that you can put them in a Halftrack.
3 Nov 2017, 07:47 AM

Just buff hetzer like you nerfed sturmtiger and revamp another 2 commanders for okw, luftwaffe and overwatch

Brits royal engies and artillery could use some love

Ost joint has potential as well as storm dictrine, while JLI is a dead horse because better doctrines have g43

Usf mechanized and recon could actually become great with some tweaks and buffs
3 Nov 2017, 07:51 AM

Just had an idea:

What if we gave Elite Armor an Sdkfz. 250 Halftrack? I would give it the cost of the M3A1 scout car and a 1CP requirement.

This would give the OKW an option for serious aggression in the early-mid game, and it would give OKW more build order variety.

For example, Sturmpioneer-heavy builds could become much more viable now that you can put them in a Halftrack.

This +1
3 Nov 2017, 10:58 AM

OKW

Luftwaffe Ground Forces Doctrine

Airborne assault is totally useless. Stuka's bugged, they dont attack the territory, only the point.
Change it to Stuka Close Air Support, or the Overwatch's Stuka support.

Firestorm Doctrine
Hetzer and Artillery are useless.

Brits

Royal Artillery Regiment
Concentration Barrage is OP, it can shoot without range, even out the vision.
Make it more expensive, or make it shoot only if the target is revealed, like all other abilities.
Make a better Sexton.

Advanced Emplacement Regiment
Repair bunkers are ok, but change it not repair while in combat!

US

Recon Support Company
Greyhound is useless.
Give an upgradeable or veterancy .50 MG, and better dmg.

Mechanized Company

This doctrine is just unplayable.
Remove withdraw, give Greyhound.

Soviets

Tank Hunters
This commander has no sense since Penals have PTRS.
Salvage kits are useless. Change is to Mark Target or 45mm Light At, or Vehicle detection.

Advanced Warfare Tactics
IL2 strafe do no damage.

Counterattack Tactics
Give more dmg to KV1.
Make B203 a bit more accurate, or somehing, its useless.

Ostheer

Mobile Defense
Ostruppens are not worth it. It cost more (425) than regular ostruppen (200), for 3 CP.
Give the veterancy or weapons back.

3 Nov 2017, 16:04 PM

I'll repost what I said in other thread

Personally I value commanders that actually make a faction play differently or add unique touches. I dislike commanders like Lightning warfare that literally give you everything you ever want. I think Commanders like Encirclement are how they should be designed(Not UP, but have a core theme of how it should be played).

USF
For USF I said Airborne. Airborne was my favorite in CoH1. That commander is so close to actually being viable it's aggrivating, just minor touches would actually make it an awesome and unique commander to use (Adjusting CP costs, munition costs, paratrooper delay, ect).

Brits
I voted Commando. Brits should have a commander that emphasizes offensive play rather then defensive. The commander has some good "ideas" but they don't work out quite right. Smoke Raid SHOULD be good, but I often find it helps my enemy more then myself, that and smoking the front of a sector doesn't do anything cuz who would park right outside a sector. Assault SHOULD be good, but it only works on infantry sections. Commandos SHOULD be good, but they come in on a 500 4CP glider. Yet again, little touches here and there can fix it.

I mean other then that royal engineer could use work, I mean people are already mad there are more turtle commanders do you really want to add more turtle commanders?

Ostheer
I would vote for Mechanized Assault(obvious right?) to get more fine tuning (Agrens, halftrack cost reduction, Stug E reduced CP) since yet again it encourages a new way to play Ostheer with different units. That's not going to happen though because it's technically still a good commander.

So I voted for Festung Support. That commander has some unique things that other Ostheer commanders don't. Air dropped smoke and sector artillery could both be really good abilities. But the rest kind of seem just....thrown in there. Seems like a mish mash of ideas bogging down some unique commander abilities. Field Officer is also really close to being a good unit.

OKW

Probably like, the least commander dependent faction. I voted Luftwaffe because like....my god the only good things are like luftwaffe and air recon. The Stuka strafe doesn't do anything, I've sat in it and I can't tell you what it's actually supposed to do. Then I casually grenade a landing luftwaffe squad. Then it has tank traps and AA guns for some reason? Valiant assault is alright, doesn't seem very Luftwaffe to me though.

Soviets
Release not one step back. Counterattack could be fun cuz Mother Russia is a fun ability, I said Tank Hunters since it adds a bunch of fun tools.
3 Nov 2017, 16:14 PM

since there is a very large number of commanders I have an additional suggestion.

Also fix abilities that are completely UP or OP or not consistent across the faction and are "easy" fixes.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★