Sup, so i've been thinking, since Relic is busy working on DoW3 or some other game, and gave us, the community a green light on how we want the game to look like, i came with an idea to create first some balance patch that keeps some historical aspects (like vets more realistic, use more combined arms) and stays balanced in some very basic stuffs like base buildings for example and limits factions differeces.
1) First of all i think that a very basic thing that must be changed for future balance are base sectors, how they work, how they look like, my idea is simple, merge USF and Brits base into one, this means -> has a circled base, Tiers being build up by itself (no need of builder unit) and each base has 2 artillery emplacements like Brits has with each other different for faction (this emplacements can fire manually, no need to use ability from doctrine or sniper/tommie ability, cost per barrage like 30 munis), how i imagine it:
Ostheer - 3 Tiers + HQ (current T1 merged into HQ that needs upgrade), still requires battlephases to be upgraded, battlephase 2 and 3 unlocks artillery which is LeFH 18
Soviets - similar to Ostheer, 3 Tiers + HQ (T1 into HQ when upgraded), T3 or T4 requires T2 or T1 upgrade like we have now, artillery (ML-20) unlocked after 2nd and 3rd Tier (not all are necessary)
USF - just like it is now but add 2 105mm arty after Lt/Capt unlock and one for major
Brits - not much to change, maybe add the circled base for defensive measures?
OKW - so there's an option, to stay with trucks or give normal base sectors, nevertheless it's hard choice to make, might be some technical issues making normal base sectors for them but i think mods knows better, after T1/T2 and then T3 OKW gets 2 pieces of sFH 18 arty
2) to add weapon racks for all factions, im curious why only USf and brits gets that benefit to upgrade a unit with weapon you like, idea is simle and i believe not hard to make:
Ostheer - LMG MG42, Panzershreck, optionally Panzerbusche
OKW - LMG MG34, Panzershreck, optionally G43 (takes one slot, gives 2 weapons)
Soviets - PTRS, DP28, optionally SVT-40 and zooks from Len-Lease doctrine maybe?
Brits and USF already has it so nothing to add
Also it's good to meantion that not all factions has access to flamethrowers and in most fights it's recomended to have one, that's why each factions should get weapon rack with flamers that takes up all weapon slots and cant be even upgraded with anything else, cost can go up just to avoid or reduce flamer spam on elite infantry units.
And some OP weapons like USF, Ostheer, OKW LMGs should be limited on squad to 1, since they are OP, compared to DPs or Brens
3) weapon drop rate, i've posted some time ago that it's actually full RNG bullshit that needs to be cool down a bit, or removed, the simple idea to add 100% drop rate ONLY on squad wipes and 0% if one guy stays alive i think solves a problem, but ofcourse 100% weapon drop can be punishing or rewarding too much that's why - weapon drop on squad wipe will drop 51% of weapons and at least 1, so it means the squad will no longer drop 2 shrecks, 2 LMGs or so, i'm saying 51%, this refers to, for example Guards that can have 4 weapons and with 4 it will drop only 2 and with 3 will also drop 2 weapons (but never two of the same type )
4) Class of units and their efficiency with picked up weapons, that's one of most annoying things out there in CoH, when ostruppen grabs LMG they become terminators, same with RE's back in Price glorious RE blob meta, where one simple cheap and weak unit grab 2 Bars they rekt much everything on their way, my idea solves this issue, and rewards better in class unit with picked up weapon:
X% efficiency (this means the squad will fire with X% accuracy, have X% cooldown, reload etc.)
conscripts class, 80% efficiency: Conscripts, Ostruppen, RE, Volks
Regulars class, 100%: Grens, Rifles, Tommies, all support (pio, engies)
Elite class, 140%: PG's, Obers, Rangers, Guards
Specialized class, 140% (but has no accuracy penalty on move and can fire at move with LMG's): commandos, Stormtrups, Shocks, Jaegers, paras.
Also for less annoying moments where your worse squad picked up a good weapon on the filed and you want to swap it to better one, there should be an option to drop this weapon in base sector (but that may cause problems in 2v2+ where players will simply swap one factions weapons to other for better performance)
5) Veterancy is one of bad designed things in CoH2, with literally zero logical explaination in it, as i mentioned in some post before - I hardly think that vetted soviet soldier (in that case conscript) was rewarded by comrade Stalin with a fucking flare to fight germans
that's why i've planned some better designed/planned vet system, first of all, all 5 factions have access to 5 possible vets on units, all vets grants same boosts , here is exaples:
1 to 5 - 5% to 25% max grants :accuracy, received accuracy, cooldown, reload, maybe some ability recharge or nade range etc, so in total the units will have 25% everything better, and that's more likely logical and realistic
same refers to tanks and support weapons and whatever else you want
6) vehicle crews is a good idea, but since it's for only one factions it's a disaster, so here are the options - remove it completely and give it to all factions, with option:
-remove it completely, all factions tanks/vehicles should get ability "vehicle crew repairs" for free that repairs slowly (like with 50% pio repair speed) and gets better each vet, can use it 10 secs when out of combat and ability cancels when in combat (has 3 seconds delay before it can move, fire etc, take it as a time for crew to get back on their position)
- give it to all factions, simply give it to all of them except heavies (to avoid heavy tankerino blobberino), and remove veh critical repair like USF has cuz it's game breaker
I have also some more ideas, some for other faction designs or so, but i don't know if it's worth it, and now i have question to mods, these things i pointed out above are possible to do or impossible without some Lelic backup on this?