Login

russian armor

CoH2 Summer 2021 Balance Patch - BETA

PAGES (16)down
14 Aug 2021, 12:07 PM

Delete all brit changes in this patch delete long range barrage in mortar emplacement and add 25 pounder emplacement (with reasonable stats) after anvil or hammer upgrade .
Brits sucks because they are without non doc arty comon everybody knows that
14 Aug 2021, 13:24 PM

I don't see how watching a teamgame memevideo maker can help me understand something I don't know about this game

You say about green cover and retreat, just see blob from his video and tell me how to counter it!!!

normally player here want reply to see the problem here. so there you can find reply!

As I told player with blob has fun with this game! so memevideo is not answer here!

I dont understand why except of answer player want to say something else.

I can provide you video from helpinghans too, in some game he has issue with blob.

----------

Also look at my original post, You just say one thing that I already know.

I explain everything in my original post. My issue is not about finding good engagement.

This is is about macro stuff. there should be punishment for player who blob. They have chance to win the match because of RNG. for counter it you need more macro than other player. so in general you need to know more, you need to macro more to counter a player who drag his mouse and select all unit and push!!

of course player make memevideo of this game!!! this is so funny!

Dont just say use green cover, please read my issue again. this is not an answer to my question.
14 Aug 2021, 13:45 PM

Jaeger Infantry Commander

The following change is being tested to reduce the strength of Jaeger Infantry which has strong abilities at all stages of the game that can fit into most standard game plans.

Stuka Close Air Support AT Loiter changed to Stuka Close Air Support AT Strafe

They butchered the Airborne P47 strafe and now they are butchering one of the few Axis strafe abilities that are decent. It really isn't difficult to build AA units. Loiter abilities are good because they allow counter play with Anti-Air units. Strafe abilities have the issue of being too good/uncounterable (impossible to counter) on smaller maps being as how its easier to be closer to the edges of the map and making AA units rather irrelevant and adding another layer of cheese that the game doesn't need. Just add a 1-2 second delay to the ability and it should be fine (same with other loiter abilities)
14 Aug 2021, 18:13 PM

I'm so glad we're giving Brits like 10 random buffs but not actually addressing the real issues with the faction like the complete lack of nondoc indirect or the fact that the AVRE is/is going to be really OP.
14 Aug 2021, 18:27 PM

Can't care less to test it but I wonder who's the clown behind all that UKF havoc
14 Aug 2021, 19:09 PM

To be fair here, I doubt that mentioned changes will affect UKF 1v1 that much, but in teamgames it might become a bit problematic, because in them UKF is more or less fine.

Also UC Vekers K buff against snipers should be tested a bit closer, since its already has very good accuracy and damage, with +25% accuracy against snipers it might just insta-gib them. Especially considering sniper nerfs.

Other super LVs do it fast aswell, but UC with vekers potentually will be able to almost one-tap them.
14 Aug 2021, 19:22 PM

I'm so glad we're giving Brits like 10 random buffs but not actually addressing the real issues with the faction like the complete lack of nondoc indirect

I'd love to give them the Land Mattress stock, but at this point Relic won't allow any more major changes. We have to make do with small tuning, although I'm not a fan of what's currently being targeted myself.
14 Aug 2021, 19:45 PM

I'd love to give them the Land Mattress stock, but at this point Relic won't allow any more major changes.

This would be the simplest solution for the most urgent problem of UKF and they just turn a blind eye on it. Give land mattress and scrap all other changes. Oh man... I really hope CoH3 will not have any factions with such holes in their stock roster.
15 Aug 2021, 02:04 AM

What they should just unironically include in the patch (which i should've added in my previous comments):

SU-76 rework idea - the unit is overshadowed by the T-70 and is extremely situational (imo underperforming as well in it's designated role). The tin can TD will get trashed by the stug if it rushes it, or anything else, which it can and will. However, sov needs anti-infantry armor as soon as it can. Therefore, the SU-76 should have it's barrage ability replaced with a kv-2-lite siege mode, where you set up for a short period of time, and then fire HE shells in the 60 range that you have. You also have to de-siege in the same short time period, so you cant mindlessly pull a fortified armor and immobilize your tanks with no drawbacks. (Since they will never give it the sherman rounds system, this is the next best idea)

-remove osttruppen and pfusilier minute 0 snares, lock the former behind battle phase 1, and the latter behind volks faust. Why? because it makes no logical sense, and is completely out of line with the game logic.

-probably remove the maxim because its completely fucking awful, who even makes that thing? give it the mg-42 arc or give it the mg-42 suppression within the arc, having an inferior weapon is not asymmetrical balance!

-the M-42 meme gun should get it's cost reduced to 200 or have longer shrapnel shell range - its unfortunate that a coh2 developer sent his okw blob into 3 to 4 M-42s and promptly lost his infantry, resulting in a hotfix. basically becomes irrelevant when tanks arrive, and LVs will always retreat to safety due to the low damage this thing fields. The current shrapnel shot range is tiny, and cover does a good job on mitigating it's damage. blob punishing really should not be nerfed

unrelated note, but congratulations for the staff team and their achievement of not giving either axis factions a game breaking crutch strategy
15 Aug 2021, 02:43 AM

15 Aug 2021, 03:54 AM

They butchered the Airborne P47 strafe and now they are butchering one of the few Axis strafe abilities that are decent. It really isn't difficult to build AA units. Loiter abilities are good because they allow counter play with Anti-Air units. Strafe abilities have the issue of being too good/uncounterable (impossible to counter) on smaller maps being as how its easier to be closer to the edges of the map and making AA units rather irrelevant and adding another layer of cheese that the game doesn't need. Just add a 1-2 second delay to the ability and it should be fine (same with other loiter abilities)

They removed loiter and added a plane that actually required skill to pull off. And the commander is used the most in 1v1, where people rarely build dedicated AA unit, unless it is a early game survivor unit.
Great change.
15 Aug 2021, 06:12 AM

They removed loiter and added a plane that actually required skill to pull off. And the commander is used the most in 1v1, where people rarely build dedicated AA unit, unless it is a early game survivor unit.
Great change.

It is not skill when the plane comes in at 0.1 seconds when you are at the side of the map and have no way of moving in time unless you can predict the future. How do you counter that? That is the point I am trying to make with the inherent design problem of Strafe based skills. If you are in the Center of the map then yes you can see the plane coming and have time to react but many maps have VP points on the right and left corner meaning that any engagement on those sides of the map makes strafe skills unable to be dodged.

At that point it doesn't take skill but knowledge on abusing map poor map design. What is the point of AA units then if every single Air ability is being converted to a strafe every patch?
15 Aug 2021, 12:23 PM

The sniper nerf is absurd, the unit is actually not viable in teamgame and you get literally flamed and insulted if you dare to build one.

You don't nerf to the ground a unit because there is 2 or 3 top players in 1v1 that perform well with it.
15 Aug 2021, 13:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2021, 02:04 AMKatukov
snip

Just focus on your allied factions. It's beyond clear you don't know shit about the other side.
15 Aug 2021, 13:55 PM

Instead of buffing major sight I would be all in for buiffing sight of M20 and Greyhound somehow. Maybe just a sightbonus that kicks in if not moving. I'm all in for combined arms and not putting any additional recon on major which already has the recon plane.

Atm even fully vetted M20 and fully vetted Greyhound have less sight than an AT-Gun has range. Combine that with low armor and health and M20/Greyhound die by trying to scout if your enemy scouts your frontline too.

Maybe M20 should be put in HQ and unlocked by LT+Cpt/Lt+tech/Cpt+tech then. So that it is a general scout tool like the major would be and not a backtech option if you went for Captain.
15 Aug 2021, 13:59 PM

Sigh range on Major is stupid, the major is already overburden with FRP in the majority of teamgame and too fragile to stay on the frontline anyway. Guess the balance team just wanted to say we buffed USF while in fact not.
15 Aug 2021, 14:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2021, 12:34 PMKatukov

I'm more annoyed that the sturmtiger can be made with a king tiger, try diving both of those things at the same time...

No need to dive them when your opponent spent 1300 manpower and 430 fuel on two tanks that are totally defenseless from frontal attacks by Tank Destroyers
15 Aug 2021, 15:45 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

No need to dive them when your opponent spent 1300 manpower and 430 fuel on two tanks that are totally defenseless from frontal attacks by Tank Destroyers

In team games and on the right maps, this combo can be very efficient if a second OKW player covers with JT or JP4s.
You need at least 2-3 TDs to hold them back, so you invest similar resources, but more POP
15 Aug 2021, 15:54 PM

In teamgames, they can easily hold 2 points whilst not contesting the 3rd one at all (only spotting with a unit or two for possible flanks).

Heck, you can park the ST behind the mid VP lumber on Redball that cannot be destroyed or shot through. And with 45+ range on the ST (I've tested it, it can fire at about 48 range at vet5), which is not hard to get in 3v3+, you really do need to dive it.
And in the end, resource float is not something that is concerning in teamgames.

Countless times I've seen a ST + KT being supported by dual raketen if we have no rocket arty (eg. I play random only so tough luck), or JP4s and just camping it out on 2 VPs

The major sight is welcome IMHO, as I don't use the FRP on him and instead use smoke+arty on the frontlines. And both ST and AVRE should be immobile while reloading and have some sort of dmg modifier that shaves of 1 shot for kill.
And both should not be able to shoot beyond the 35 (maybe 40 with max vet) range.
Sturm still has the fast fire bug and if properly aimed, can shoot at about 48 range past the vet req.
I haven't seen nor used AVRE in any game, both custom and competitive to be able to make any sort of judgement. ST on the other hand I've seen in every game, and I mean every since it was made consistent.
PAGES (16)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 43
United Kingdom 18
Germany 32

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %