Login

russian armor

[Winter Balance Update] SOV Feedback

• This thread is locked
PAGES (66)down
28 Nov 2020, 14:11 PM

Wouldn't it be an option to make the M42 at gun non doctrinal and available at T1?
28 Nov 2020, 14:23 PM

It's a good ability considering the vet 2 throw speed and the low 20 munition cost. If it was free as part of tech, it should be 30 munitions.

That makes no sense. The Molotovs are so awkward to use I don't see any reason they should cost 30 munitions especially when Pgrens bundle grenade still costs 35 muni and most other grenades cost 30 while being clearly better than the Molotov. How can making them 30 muni be considered a good idea?
28 Nov 2020, 14:56 PM

Since Soviet medic have been brought up how about allowing them to bought separately?

100 manpower buys the 1 medic
and another 150 two more
28 Nov 2020, 15:02 PM

Problem with this, is that its most likely will be used to wipe inf. But if it possible to lower crashing profile during the ram, then it could work.

it's got the debuffs afterwards so it might be OK. If the tank is going to more or less be useless in tank combat I don't think it would be nuclear if it can smoosh infantry tbh. Especially if there's a second or 2 that it's immobile afterwards and that time can always be altered as well.

Well honestly you dont need ram to do the offmap, its just easier with it, you can just block them from behind and drop offmap. Thing is if there is a shreck blob running around, aswell as pak walls, then every allied faction will have problems dealing with mentioned units.

All true but it doesn't change the fundamentals. Soviet AT HAS to go nose to nose with these units and there's nothing they can do to change that. Ukf are going to have Tulips and comets and piats to punish these beast and usf has more smoke that you can shake a stick at on top of the most mobile TD with HVAP to make the risk worth it.
28 Nov 2020, 15:10 PM

It still stuns. ..

One of the problem with current ram is that. The stun provides enough time to land an off map regardless if it penetrates or not.
28 Nov 2020, 15:14 PM

it's got the debuffs afterwards so it might be OK. If the tank is going to more or less be useless in tank combat I don't think it would be nuclear if it can smoosh infantry tbh. Especially if there's a second or 2 that it's immobile afterwards and that time can always be altered as well.

I belive it will be. One thing is being good at AI, and the other being able to insta wipe squads by the ability, which has no sound warning nor delay. We already had cromwells wiping every living thing by running over them.

Also depending on the map it will be problem since it will be used from behind sight blocks, aswell as it might open pandora box in the way that it will vet up like crazy. Not to mention that 4-men squads will be insta wiped with it.

Actually would have been fun to see in game, but I think it will be broken AF. With T34 just preventing any inf pushes by raming them.

That makes no sense. The Molotovs are so awkward to use I don't see any reason they should cost 30 munitions especially when Pgrens bundle grenade still costs 35 muni and most other grenades cost 30 while being clearly better than the Molotov. How can making them 30 muni be considered a good idea?

+1 to this. Molotovs should be looked at and finnaly made usable. In the past with flame having insta kill crit, it kinda made sence for the delayed animation, but at this point there is no reason for it to have such a long delay before being thrown. I mean even USF got normal molotov and its not something that broken.
28 Nov 2020, 15:30 PM

I belive it will be. One thing is being good at AI, and the other being able to insta wipe squads by the ability, which has no sound warning nor delay. We already had cromwells wiping every living thing by running over them.

Also depending on the map it will be problem since it will be used from behind sight blocks, aswell as it might open pandora box in the way that it will vet up like crazy. Not to mention that 4-men squads will be insta wiped with it.

Actually would have been fun to see in game, but I think it will be broken AF. With T34 just preventing any inf pushes by raming them.

it could be tweaked as well right? give it a wind up, a revving noise. im under no illusion that it wouldnt make the t34 more threatening, but at least it would require player input. more reward but more micro and potential risk
28 Nov 2020, 16:04 PM

Since the SU85 and ISU are getting nerfed and the T34 ram is locked with vet now, what's the most viable way to fight an Elefant or other super heavy in team games? The standard answer is flanking but with how dense 4v4s get and how squishy T34s are (plus Panthers are getting buffed) that's often not viable, especially since when I use the Elefant I mine all of the flanking routes.
28 Nov 2020, 17:55 PM

Since the SU85 and ISU are getting nerfed and the T34 ram is locked with vet now, what's the most viable way to fight an Elefant or other super heavy in team games? The standard answer is flanking but with how dense 4v4s get and how squishy T34s are (plus Panthers are getting buffed) that's often not viable, especially since when I use the Elefant I mine all of the flanking routes.

Gang up on the enemies on the other side of the map.
28 Nov 2020, 18:02 PM

Mark target + SU85?
28 Nov 2020, 18:14 PM

Just kill 14 Grenadier models KEKW
28 Nov 2020, 18:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2020, 15:10 PMVipper

One of the problem with current ram is that. The stun provides enough time to land an off map regardless if it penetrates or not.

That's the idea, but now you only have to avoid the vetted T34(s) to prevent it. More doable than avoiding 3+ T34's at once. :D
28 Nov 2020, 18:33 PM

That's the idea, but now you only have to avoid the vetted T34(s) to prevent it. More doable than avoiding 3+ T34's at once. :D

I am simply pointing out that if one wanted to redesign the affects (maybe add things like driver, gunner injured critical and/or timed mobility penalties) one would have to get rid of stun especially on deflection.

Imo many vet one abilities could be improved by making scale with veterancy and Ram is actually one of them.
28 Nov 2020, 18:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2020, 10:50 AMgbem

Yes because the soviets are already the weakest faction in the game and this retarded patch nerfs their last few good units... the su85 t70 zis3 all got nerfs...

Might aswell remove the faction from the game at this point since the balance team is under the delusion that the soviets are a good faction... you know ignoring automatch winrates pickrates and tourney results...

This is in part due to people maining or favoring axis being far more vocal.

Most things i agree with are from the general changes regarding soviet. Mortar barrage shared cooldwon buff, halftrack healing, manual reload and formation change for mg's. The direct ones like the scoutcar engies maxims i like as well.

The zis barrage delay between shots is ok i guess. The toning down off the quad aa is good as well though it may be to much.
The penal and su76 change imo wont do much for these units. The sorely lack scaling.

The t70 triple nerf is way over the top concidering nothing is given in return in its time frame.

The t34 is a cheap meme tank. With these changes it will be a cheap not being build/usseles tank.
It might be cost effective for what it does (wich is very little outside suiciding) its ai is ok at best, its at power is a joke, its armour is a joke, its hp is standard, its speed is nothing special also standard. Only its price is very special wich is the same as ram. And soon it will even require vet as well and have less impact.

28 Nov 2020, 18:49 PM

Easy just don’t play Soviets in team games. Seems to be the goal with a lot of these changes. But don’t worry because penals are slightly more effective now and that surely balances it all out. Even though penals still have no real AT or snare and lack any form late game scaling so they have to rely on other units from T3 and T4 to and pray it can lead to a win. Oh wait those all just got nerfed huh......
28 Nov 2020, 19:22 PM

How is isu getting nerf? 100% pen and cheaper now
28 Nov 2020, 19:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2020, 19:22 PMmrgame2

Rear armour nerf is still a nerf
28 Nov 2020, 19:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2020, 19:22 PMmrgame2

You might find out.... if you read patch notes.
28 Nov 2020, 19:36 PM

Rear armour nerf is still a nerf

It also bringing inline with other similar vehicles since the superior rear armor was not justified.
28 Nov 2020, 20:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2020, 19:36 PMVipper
It also bringing inline with other similar vehicles since the superior rear armor was not justified.

"Other vehicles" have lower rear armor because the Soviets have T-34-76 as their only standard turreted tank. Ostheer and OKW both have nondoctrineal Panthers, there is no reason to balance the ISU as if it were to face T-34-76.
PAGES (66)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS