Login

russian armor

[Winter Balance Update] General Discussion

• This thread is locked
PAGES (44)down
28 Nov 2020, 19:15 PM

"Oh no, there is a downside to an ability, what to do, what to do... Now I have to think before I ram and rocket strafe a 250 fuel heavy to instant death, omg, so unfair"

THE DOWNSIDE TO THE ABILITY IS SUICIDING A GOD DAMN TANK.
28 Nov 2020, 19:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2020, 16:10 PMSully

Conscripts are mainline infantry, not support units. They have merge which is extremely strong paired with an early flamer which is the meta in 2v2 at least. That's even ignoring the airborne SVTs that are also meta and allow them to dominate further. Dislodging conscripts from their sandbag spam is very tedious, especially as OKW.

They're getting a free pass.

Ok.
Cons have free pass, because they don't excel at long range nor do they have early game long range upgrades.
Now deal with it.

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2020, 18:55 PMVipper
Can we go back into feedback to specific changes this patch is bringing?

Do people actually believe that 10% accuracy at vet 2 is game breaking?

Says a person who lost his shit when cons got 10% dps buff with 7th man upgrade in late game.
28 Nov 2020, 19:32 PM

This patch is light on the nerf department for the meta. I sense ostruppen will still be used and mechanized still a top commander for USF. The issue remains, even with timing changes.
28 Nov 2020, 19:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2020, 19:02 PMStarco

It is part of the feedback because we are stating the problem that some units here are buffed when they should be nerfed.
Are you saying that Panther is too accurate?

If you generally want to debate the Panther I suggest you start a separate, thread about how OP Panther is else test the unit and provide feeback on the unit performance with the patch.
28 Nov 2020, 19:59 PM

It played a few games believing it was the patch. However it wasent i havent seen any of the changes. I subscribed and played on what i thought was the balance patch. But some how its the vannila game.

Is this a bug or am i doing something wrong?
28 Nov 2020, 20:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2020, 19:42 PMVipper
Are you saying that Panther is too accurate?

If you generally want to debate the Panther I suggest you start a separate, thread about how OP Panther is else test the unit and provide feeback on the unit performance with the patch.

The unit is still too stong, deserves a NERF and not a BUFF in THIS patch.
28 Nov 2020, 20:01 PM

It played a few games believing it was the patch. However it wasent i havent seen any of the changes. I subscribed and played on what i thought was the balance patch. But some how its the vannila game.

Is this a bug or am i doing something wrong?

Have you set the mod for custom game?
28 Nov 2020, 20:17 PM

The formation changes are amazing. It's very difficult to go back to playing the live version after testing them. Especially MGs but also the AT squads make a big difference. They all even look better, far more realistic.

28 Nov 2020, 20:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2020, 20:01 PMKatitof

Have you set the mod for custom game?

I changed it to be vs player :s
28 Nov 2020, 20:28 PM

Considering the Panther. I would not call it OP. It didn't deserve a buff, certainly not in the accuracy department but doesn't deserve a nerf either. It's the best tank in the game next to the Comet (some would say T34-85 and for that price would probably be right). I mean, Panther can outmaneuver and is faster than any infantry while snared on engine damaged. High hp, high armour and decent amount of AI with the pintle MG. It won't destroy squads but if there are no AT options panther can easily scare away infantry. Hence the combined arms. USF has a bit of a problem by having a low pen AT gun but makes up for in zooks on any unit + Jackson (best TD). It all evens out I believe.

OKW timings need to be revised in this patch. Played a couple of games now with OKW and USF. USF scott nerfed too much while OKW can snowball if not braindead, quite easily right now. Sad that the Pershing didn't receive any buffs whatsoever. Axis got buffed across the board (except some quasi nerfs on ostt), which is not necessarily a bad thing, some buffs were needed. USF didn't deserve some of the "reworks" (read nerfs). Don't play 1v1 so won't comment but scotts/paks are not that big of an issue to deal with in teamgames.
Quality of life changes are brilliant though.
Balance score: 6/10
QoL: 10/10
Optimization: Still waiting
28 Nov 2020, 21:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2020, 20:01 PMStarco

The unit is still too stong, deserves a NERF and not a BUFF in THIS patch.

It might or it might not be but is too accurate?

Once more if want to generally debate the Panther I suggest you start a thread about since this thread are specifically for feedback on proposed changes and less about the overall performance of the unit.
28 Nov 2020, 22:38 PM

Maybe we can now add blueprint of CoH1 trench? That would look finally good. then we can trenches be changed, that they can be passed by verhicles.

That would be a very good chance to do it with next patch.
29 Nov 2020, 01:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2020, 19:32 PMVonIvan
This patch is light on the nerf department for the meta. I sense ostruppen will still be used and mechanized still a top commander for USF. The issue remains, even with timing changes.

Yes and this is why further adjustments will happen. Trust me, there were ideas floating around that would have completely butchered Osttruppen and WC51.

But that would have been bad for the game. The goal is to make these units viable but without making them total trash or dominating still... and finding this sweet spot is very hard to do in a first iteration of a mod
29 Nov 2020, 02:18 AM

Yes and this is why further adjustments will happen. Trust me, there were ideas floating around that would have completely butchered Osttruppen and WC51.

But that would have been bad for the game. The goal is to make these units viable but without making them total trash or dominating still... and finding this sweet spot is very hard to do in a first iteration of a mod

May be a dumb question, but has the team considered simply making ostruppen buildable frm HQ?
29 Nov 2020, 03:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2020, 02:18 AMSully

May be a dumb question, but has the team considered simply making ostruppen buildable frm HQ?

I think it could be very much worth testing in one of the iterations, but the recharge increase with potential further adjustments is the preferred route for now.
29 Nov 2020, 05:15 AM

Conscripts are mainline infantry, not support units.

The game designers disagree with you, which is why Conscripts don't have a weapon upgrade.

Conscripts

To improve the performance of Conscripts, while retaining their role as utility infantry that excel at defense and supporting other units, we have added an upgrade to help them scale into the late game. The extra man and reduced reinforce cost will allow them to more effectively trade against opposing infantry while the veterancy bonus will allow fresh Conscript squads to gain veterancy.
29 Nov 2020, 06:21 AM

Conscripts are mainline infantry, not support units. They have merge which is extremely strong paired with an early flamer which is the meta in 2v2 at least. That's even ignoring the airborne SVTs that are also meta and allow them to dominate further. Dislodging conscripts from their sandbag spam is very tedious, especially as OKW.

They're getting a free pass.

Conscripts are support and they are mainline. Both these statements are true. Cons are supposed to keep the units around them operating at their best. You clearly don't understand a thing about conscript design as seen by your entire reply. Your complaints about them are their purpose built traits. They are supposed to SUPPORT units like flamers and are supposed to be tough to dig out of cover. They outlast the enemy. That's how they win because it sure as hell isn't out gunning em.
PAGES (44)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Livestreams

Germany 28
Germany 572

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak