Login

russian armor

[Winter Balance Update] General Discussion

• This thread is locked
PAGES (44)down
26 Feb 2021, 18:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2021, 18:17 PMEsxile

Its probably true on a spreadsheet where you excel

I am pretty sure I have played more game than you, so pls leave this live of arguing to trolls.

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2021, 18:17 PMEsxile

but in game you usually build more unit than a single kubel to counter a sniper. I never mentioned that the kubel would be the killer nor would be chasing alone the sniper.

This is a direct quote of what you have posted:

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2021, 14:17 PMEsxile

OKW or USF with a sniper would probably be OP as hell. USF only needs the m20 to be put around M3 level of firepower and accessible after first tier tech.
A kubelwagen gives you opportunity to chase and kill a sniper + its vet1 abiltiy, it isn't going to do it all by itself but at least you're not helpless during 6 minutes against it.

I am sorry to inform that you "have mentioned that a kubel can chase and kill a sniper alone".

Can we now pls drop silly argument and move on?
26 Feb 2021, 19:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2021, 17:51 PMPip

What sort of idiot leaves his sniper without a screen of infantry to protect it, especially if he isnt actively microing it?

It's not that hard to catch a sniper off guard in a smaller map. Also, I don't think OKW would be balanced with both a sniper and a KT.
26 Feb 2021, 20:21 PM

Then you surely have a convincing explanation how so many pro players are wrong in building a counter sniper.

Well, you seem to be taking on vippers lack of reading comprehension as your own trait, so I'll re-phrase it in a way neither of you will misread or spin it.

The sniper itself is a problem, since its most effective counter is also sniper, lack of it is most certainly not a problem, unless you really think the game needs more snipers.
26 Feb 2021, 20:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2021, 20:21 PMKatitof

Well, you seem to be taking on vippers lack of reading comprehension as your own trait, so I'll re-phrase it in a way neither of you will misread or spin it.

The sniper itself is a problem, since its most effective counter is also sniper, lack of it is most certainly not a problem, unless you really think the game needs more snipers.

Stop projecting you own flaws on to other pls.
and
Stop drugging my name in your own personal vendettas.
26 Feb 2021, 20:42 PM

Wish COH2 can do the army roster like DOW2 did, especially like Elite mod. 7 factions but all have answers to everything the enemy can throw at them and still maintain their theme, while here we still discuss OKW and US should have Sniper or not :v
26 Feb 2021, 20:46 PM

i want to thank the balance team and the people involved in this project, ty
Pip
26 Feb 2021, 22:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2021, 19:48 PMSpoof

It's not that hard to catch a sniper off guard in a smaller map. Also, I don't think OKW would be balanced with both a sniper and a KT.

I have absolutely no clue what a Sniper and the KT have to do with one another in the slightest.

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2021, 20:21 PMKatitof

At this point you're just arguing for its' own sake.

You agree that the most effective counter to a sniper is another sniper, which is precisely why I suggest USF and OKW gain one. There is exactly zero chance the balance team will outright remove an unit type, so unfortunately the logical solution is to provide one to each faction, so they're all on a level playing field.

As it stands, the main problem with Snipers is the wildly differing access each faction has to them.

Ostheer has the easiest access to Snipers, Tier 1 being standard in most builds, so they can build a sniper for pro-active or reactive use with no extra investment. (This is likely because of their reduced squad sizes making them more vulnerable to snipers)

Soviet are next, having to build tier 1 to access theirs. In games they go tier 1 this is of no consequence, and they can build a sniper "Immediately", though with less team weapon support than OST. In games in which they go tier 2, they are basically unable to access them in the early-mid game if they're doing a normal tech progression.

UKF are third, having access to Snipers through their normal tech path, but having it locked behind tier 2, making them very vulnerable to offensive snipers from OST players due to their four-man squads (early game), and the fact that the OST sniper is ostensibly balanced against Soviet, having a faster fire-rate to make up for the fact Soviet have squads 50% larger than OST.

Then comes USF and OKW, who have access to no sniper units. Their closest equivalent being JLI and Pathfinders, which are both doctrinal, and very different units to snipers even disregarding that.

If all factions had relatively equal access to Snipers they'd be a lot less aggravating to deal with, despite their extremely strange mechanics. Ideally they'd all be replaced with Light Infantry instead, but that's also not happening.
PAGES (44)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS