Login

russian armor

USF what if

19 Aug 2020, 19:29 PM

We replace t0 mortar with a scout car instead

it would make usf more fun
19 Aug 2020, 19:37 PM

M3 with assengie crew pls.
Price 180 mp 10 fuel and ability to drop a bazooka without rak teching.
19 Aug 2020, 19:37 PM

The purpose of the mortar is to give usf a fuel free way to dislodge/ clear garrisons as they lack a nondoc flame thrower. A car will not help in this regard
19 Aug 2020, 20:35 PM

what if we replace T0 HMG 42 of OST with a Tiger I for the price of 30 Manpower ?

It would make OST more fun

Jokes aside. Bad idea. No need for it. Soutcar ( assuming you mean the WC 51 ) is OP anyways and "making the game more fun for one side" usually means "making the game more easier for one side"

19 Aug 2020, 20:50 PM

For historical reasons, I support a very mechanized portrayal of US Forces. I also miss the Jeep.

I think it's too late for CoH2, though.
20 Aug 2020, 04:19 AM

For historical reasons, I support a very mechanized portrayal of US Forces. I also miss the Jeep.

I still firmly believe that USF should have had HQ trucks, OKW should have had Officers (German propaganda heavily emphasized the role of officers in battle), Soviets should have Vet 5 (they fought the whole damn war).
20 Aug 2020, 13:10 PM

I still firmly believe that USF should have had HQ trucks, OKW should have had Officers (German propaganda heavily emphasized the role of officers in battle), Soviets should have Vet 5 (they fought the whole damn war).

I might be wrong, but aren't OKW and USF simply meant to represent the forces that took part during the Battle of the Bulge and not the USF / OB West in general ? ( That's also why you got paradrop as OKW )

Edit: Just remembered that USF also has Pershing ... so yea. Simply forget my words
20 Aug 2020, 13:35 PM

its super idea. WC51 in T0 like kubel or UC.
20 Aug 2020, 23:54 PM

I might be wrong, but aren't OKW and USF simply meant to represent the forces that took part during the Battle of the Bulge and not the USF / OB West in general ? ( That's also why you got paradrop as OKW )

Edit: Just remembered that USF also has Pershing ... so yea. Simply forget my words

I think so. That's why USF is such a garbage faction and OKW is OP by comparison.

I say include the Scout Car with the existing units. USF has by far the worst starting game of any faction, they could use a boost there.
21 Aug 2020, 00:04 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2020, 13:35 PMRiley
its super idea. WC51 in T0 like kubel or UC.

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2020, 03:09 AMRiley

If unit A has something, it doesn't mean that unit B should have it as well. This is the answer given to me by Axis fans for many comparisons. So stormioners don't have the right to get it all together.

?
21 Aug 2020, 01:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2020, 23:54 PMCODGUY

I think so. That's why USF is such a garbage faction and OKW is OP by comparison.

I say include the Scout Car with the existing units. USF has by far the worst starting game of any faction, they could use a boost there.

I couldn't agree more I think step 1 though would be giving the Jackson AT LEAST as much AI as the elefant has. That will really help level out the usf late game
21 Aug 2020, 01:11 AM

I couldn't agree more I think step 1 though would be giving the Jackson AT LEAST as much AI as the elefant has. That will really help level out the usf late game

Actually giving it an alternate HE round to switch to would in fact be a good idea despite the obvious sarcasm.
21 Aug 2020, 06:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2020, 01:11 AMCODGUY

Actually giving it an alternate HE round to switch to would in fact be a good idea despite the obvious sarcasm.

As long as that HE round sucks against infantry i guess that's ok.
21 Aug 2020, 20:54 PM

Maybe if it was a targetted ability and not a switchable ammo type, but I don't think the Jackson should be entrenching on the Sherman's role. But I see no reason the Jackson should have any AI capability.
24 Aug 2020, 12:27 PM

The purpose of the mortar is to give usf a fuel free way to dislodge/ clear garrisons as they lack a nondoc flame thrower. A car will not help in this regard

question then why don't OKW and Brit get t0 indirect arty????
24 Aug 2020, 12:43 PM

Cuz they are different. :clap:

The idea behind T0 mortar is that whatever tier you unlock you'll always have access to the mortar. Now if you ask me then why not making it unlock after first officer unlock, I'd reply because it was then the idea to force USF to build something else than rifle,rifle,rifle early game. Bit of failure in that way we can agree on that.
24 Aug 2020, 13:04 PM

I'm pretty sure that the mortar is there to provide a smoke alternative against ostheer's early game hmg play. I mean one could unlock grenades and use the RE's smoke, but that costs both fuel and muni.
What's weird for me is that on the other hand OKW doesn't have any early game smoke. But they have T0 AT gun at least... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
24 Aug 2020, 14:24 PM

Because these factions have different approaches to mgs. Okw being out maneuvering and brute force as well as a rapid unlock of the flame nade. Granted I wish for sturms to get smoke nades at some point as leig only smoke is fairly restrictive for a aggressive faction.
At any rate the only early mgs okw will face early on are not exceptional at suppression like the mg42 so being able to smoke out an Mg isn't as huge a problem.

Basicly different armies face different obstacles and when rifles could be matched squad for squad with mgs and no hope of every getting through an alternative had to be provided.

Brits on the other hand have alternative ways to dig out mgs, as the vickers will out trade them and the bren allows you to out maneuver them.

I'm pretty sure that the mortar is there to provide a smoke alternative against ostheer's early game hmg play. I mean one could unlock grenades and use the RE's smoke, but that costs both fuel and muni.
What's weird for me is that on the other hand OKW doesn't have any early game smoke. But they have T0 AT gun at least... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yea I'd like some more smoke for okw just for the tactical avenues it opens
25 Aug 2020, 04:56 AM

Ah yes because absolutely nobody is mad about the min0 doctrinal scout car USF gets.

Honestly though I kind of wish they did get something other than the mortar. The mortar just feels so out of place and pack howie is just miles better.
25 Aug 2020, 10:24 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Basically what other people said. I'd add though that Brits have the WASP if needed and get a quick T1 base arty as well.
OKW on the other hand does only face early MGs when playing against Brits. SOV and USF need some time to tech if the even chose that tech path (also the Maxim is real shite at suppression, I've had it more than once that Volks crawl across open field to throw a incendiary into my building), so at least against those factions an early mortar is not a must have.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 28
Germany 744
unknown 20
Germany 2
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L