Login

russian armor

Sturmpioneers: Panzerschreck + minesweeper ?

14 Aug 2020, 11:26 AM

UKF and USF Pioneers can also equipped with Sweepers and Bazookas, so why shouldn't Sturmpioneers be able to be equipped with a Panzerschreck after upgrading them with Sweepers ?

At the moment Panzerschreck on Sturmpioneers is a rare sight anyways, because you usually get a minesweeper.

It wouldn't be even a OP combination ( in my opinion ) , as one single Panzerschreck is ... mediocre at best anyways and also takes 1/4 of the units AI DPS. And since the Sweeper also takes 1/4 again when being equipped it would mean that this unit would basically lose its AI capability in order to perform more as a Support unit.
14 Aug 2020, 11:43 AM

It has been suggested many times, but apart from 'may look into it', no further remarks on it from the community devs...

(personally I would allow flamers + sweeper too on the other factions' engineers, but thats an another topic)
14 Aug 2020, 11:55 AM

Most argue from this forum was always:
because the sturmpios can backpack their sweeper :S and asymmetric balance :facepalm:
14 Aug 2020, 13:08 PM

i would rather make it possible to backpack the panzerschreck, but still loose the sweeper, like in Ardennes assault
14 Aug 2020, 13:12 PM

i would rather make it possible to backpack the panzerschreck, but still loose the sweeper, like in Ardennes assault

Ugh, those rangers. However I clearly remember that holstering panzerschrecks had some bugs in AA campaign, so better avoid that approach. Just look at how long it took to fix the panzerfüsiliers dropping one of their schrecks...
14 Aug 2020, 16:04 PM

You want Both ? But must trade off By remove Minesweeper Repair Bonus ok ?
MMX
14 Aug 2020, 16:06 PM

this idea has come up multiple times over the years and i'd say it would be worth a try at least. some adjustments to vet requirements and repair speed might be necessary but apart from that, i don't see any truly game-breaking potential if this were to be implemented.
14 Aug 2020, 16:15 PM

Ugh, those rangers. However I clearly remember that holstering panzerschrecks had some bugs in AA campaign, so better avoid that approach.

Yeah, that code is not good. I found another method that works for non-droppable weapons. If there's any interest, I could test more approaches for weapons that can be dropped. Maybe someone else has already done it, though?
14 Aug 2020, 17:14 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2020, 16:06 PMMMX
this idea has come up multiple times over the years and i'd say it would be worth a try at least. some adjustments to vet requirements and repair speed might be necessary but apart from that, i don't see any truly game-breaking potential if this were to be implemented.

I don't think vet adjustments are required after AT xp gain has already been nerfed. I do think the AT upgrade should remove the bonus repair speed from the sweeper upgrade.

14 Aug 2020, 22:57 PM

Why? Schreck already gives the same repair speed bonus ans the minsweeper upgrade does, and if you could upgrade both the sweeper and schreck the tradeoff of getting both upgrades would be the loss od 50% of your dps
15 Aug 2020, 01:17 AM

Why? Schreck already gives the same repair speed bonus ans the minsweeper upgrade does, and if you could upgrade both the sweeper and schreck the tradeoff of getting both upgrades would be the loss od 50% of your dps

Tradeoff of getting PIATs and sweeper or zooks and sweeper is the loss of either 75% or 60% of your DPS and they don't get a repair bonus either.

I'd be fine with sweeper + schreck otherwise though.
15 Aug 2020, 02:20 AM

A Panzerschreck is a lot more reliable than a Bazooka or PIAT though.
15 Aug 2020, 05:07 AM

OKW is already in a worse situation than allied factions when it comes to repairing. USF can make their crew repair the tank, Soviets get cheap pioneers and can get doctrinal repair stations, crew repair and repair ability on conscripts, UKF can also get Doctrinal crew Repair and can make their Pioneers repair almost as fast as OKW pioneers.

OKW gets repair on mech HQ and the repair ability on the Sturmtiger commander. Better than nothing of course, but the Increased repair speed when getting sweepers is still neeeded.

And Royal engineers also don't lose their extra repair speed they get with the Vickers Upgrade when being equipped with Piats as far as I know.
15 Aug 2020, 06:13 AM

A Panzerschreck is a lot more reliable than a Bazooka or PIAT though.

I'd agree with that. however, you can get 2 PIATs on rear echelons and royal engineers while you can only get 1 panzerschreck on sturmpioneers
15 Aug 2020, 06:47 AM

Wait, since when did the shreck upgrade give a repair speed bonus?
15 Aug 2020, 06:51 AM

OKW is already in a worse situation than allied factions when it comes to repairing. USF can make their crew repair the tank, Soviets get cheap pioneers and can get doctrinal repair stations, crew repair and repair ability on conscripts, UKF can also get Doctrinal crew Repair and can make their Pioneers repair almost as fast as OKW pioneers.

OKW gets repair on mech HQ and the repair ability on the Sturmtiger commander. Better than nothing of course, but the Increased repair speed when getting sweepers is still neeeded.

And Royal engineers also don't lose their extra repair speed they get with the Vickers Upgrade when being equipped with Piats as far as I know.

As a counter balance to be worse off repairing. Okw has a repair station non doc. They have the toughest tanks out of the gate, not counting lv's and light's.

Their late game starts at 230 armour. Wich has quite a decent chance to bounce most non td or at gun shots. Unlike what allies have stock. Wich have very little chance to bounce at all. The exception is the comet. So this imo is not a good point to use for getting sweeper and shreck combination.

The shreck sweeper combi however should make sturms far less restricted to use. This imo is the real issue expensive and restricted in use.
The stowing away part should be locked out when the shreck is also upgraded next to the sweeper.
15 Aug 2020, 07:26 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Don't all sweeper upgrades up the repair speed of all engineers now?
15 Aug 2020, 07:58 AM

As a counter balance to be worse off repairing. Okw has a repair station non doc.

The repair station is not mobile and should not be placed on the front so you first will have to move your tank across half the map ( which will take some time , especially with crippled engine)

Also when you went T1 you first gotta spend another 75 fuel

Their late game starts at 230 armour. Wich has quite a decent chance to bounce most non td or at gun shots.

Only the Panther really has a decent chance to bounce AT gun shots. And of course OKW tanks can bounce most non TD non doc tanks allies field. What do you expect? To pay 50 fuel less for a tank and to still be able to penetrate the enemy tank with ease?

Wich have very little chance to bounce at all. The exception is the comet.

The Comet isn't the only exception. There are the Churchill tanks that will get bounces too.
( and it is not like other allied non doc tanks will get no bounces at all )
Also it must be notet that allies also have access to doctrinal tanks which also will get a decent amount of bounces.

They have the toughest tanks out of the gate

And the allies have access to the Jackson, Su 85 and the Firefly. Three non doc tanks that can cause quite some problems to the "toughest tanks"
15 Aug 2020, 08:29 AM

Rear echelons don't seem to get a repair speed buff when equipped with sweepers ( testet with Cheat Commands mod ) . Don't know about the rest
15 Aug 2020, 08:46 AM

CE/Pioneers/SP get a bonus. R.E. Ro.E do not get the bonus.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight