Login

russian armor

Mini Patch - June 22 2020

23 Jun 2020, 18:03 PM

The range indicator only updates when re-selecting the ability after the unit gets vet 4. Can you verify that? I tested it this morning and seems to work as intended now.

You're right ... my fault :(
23 Jun 2020, 18:14 PM

Good thing you don't have to wonder because ostheer actually does in that commander with concrete bunkers I think.

For the record I also think old perimeter overwatch was freaking cancer.

"perimeter over-watch" and "sector artillery" are far from identical.

There is even a video somewhere with differences and especially the speed which artillery tracks targets.
23 Jun 2020, 19:09 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

As far as I know the patch has been deployed in consultation between Relic and AE and the referees.

And this is why people should wait for the people ACTUALLY running the tournaments to complain first before getting their jimmies rustled.
23 Jun 2020, 19:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jun 2020, 12:46 PMElpern

This is a big tournament for a small game, there are so many games with way higher player counts that arent seeing a quarter of the competitive love this game gets. Appreciate it for what it is, delaying it a week wouldn't matter for them but matters for the players that appreciate the competetive side.

Whatever way you spin it I just don't think the majority of the player base is that bothered by a 1v1 tournament. By all means it is good that people are making the effort to host it but would rather patches take priority.
23 Jun 2020, 19:41 PM

And this is why people should wait for the people ACTUALLY running the tournaments to complain first before getting their jimmies rustled.
yeah no, member that one tournament player that said "USF up up" then it was USF only games with M20 in to fast Pershing ? No thanks actually get some statistics, we know tournament player have some favourite
23 Jun 2020, 21:14 PM
23 Jun 2020, 21:16 PM

For your attention:

Ostheer
All Out War Passive

Due to the nature of this issue overriding other capture bonuses provided by ability, we are removing the capture bonus.

10% Capture Speed Bonus Removed.

Is there going to be a compensation for that? The buffs for Ostheer T4 were weak but as is you only get that neglegible reinforce cost reduction now. Hardly worth it.
23 Jun 2020, 21:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jun 2020, 21:16 PMButcher

Is there going to be a compensation for that? The buffs for Ostheer T4 were weak but as is you only get that neglegible reinforce cost reduction now. Hardly worth it.

Brumm Brumm is definitely worth it and the economy buff is nice.
23 Jun 2020, 21:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2020, 23:35 PMVipper
Bolster simply needs a redesign. Having an ability that make 4 men and 5 men squad come at the same price is bad design.

Both the prices for UKF 4 men and 5 men squad are off.

Tommies should just continue to be produced with 4 men after bolster, but can be reinforced up to 5.

Would discourage just spamming tommies rather than encourage it.
23 Jun 2020, 21:44 PM

Tommies should just continue to be produced with 4 men after bolster, but can be reinforced up to 5.

Why?
Its not like sov or gren additional man, you already pay for it with fuel AND MANPOWER.
23 Jun 2020, 22:10 PM

The reason it would make sense is because currently once you have upgrade, the more tommies you build the better, each extra squad decreases the shared cost of the upgrade = more for less.

But if you had to pay based on number of squads you have, it makes pure spamming more expensive, and a bit more combined arms rewarded.

If you felt the initial cost of the upgrade was to much you could just reduce the ammount of manpower you pay.
24 Jun 2020, 06:25 AM

Yep. Especially because it also affects sappers. This would be a much more balanced apprach.
24 Jun 2020, 07:59 AM

I don't think this hotfix has actually achieved anything.

I said it 100 times already but will say it again: Infantry Sections are too strong and locking bolster behind T1 is not going to change it.

If you go Infantry Section (starting unit) - Infantry Section - Infantry Section - UC - Tech - Vickers K upgrade on UC the timing of the Vickers on the UC is exactly like it was before because the moment you have 3 Sections + UC + tech is the same moment you reach 60 munitions. Reason for this is the super short build time on the T1 structure.
24 Jun 2020, 08:21 AM

I said it 100 times already but will say it again: Infantry Sections are too strong and locking bolster behind T1 is not going to change it.

If you go Infantry Section (starting unit) - Infantry Section - Infantry Section - UC - Tech - Vickers K upgrade on UC the timing of the Vickers on the UC is exactly like it was before because the moment you have 3 Sections + UC + tech is the same moment you reach 60 munitions.

Yes, infantry sections so stronk they needed a cost decrease :sibPheasant:

You don't even know why sections were strong in the first place and it was because of bolster rushing, which is one of the things we accurately could see on tournament.

Also, if you paid attention to build orders, you would see that UC had vickers long before T2 was researched, because players went for heavy T1.
24 Jun 2020, 08:49 AM

The reason it would make sense is because currently once you have upgrade, the more tommies you build the better, each extra squad decreases the shared cost of the upgrade = more for less.

But if you had to pey based on number of squads you have, it makes pure spamming more expensive, and a bit more combined arms rewarded.

If you felt the initial cost of the upgrade was to much you could just reduce the ammount of manpower you pay.

This would just be an indirect nerf to sappers

Bolster shouldn't have been touched until we get an entire UKF infantry rework similar to how OKW had Volks reworked. Otherwise it's just making UKF design even more sloppy and restrictive when the original design was one of choices and trade offs

Right now that choice is just being funneled into "upgrade bolster to survive", same with AEC and how Bofors tech doesn't really offer any AT. (Emplacement could have been moved and swapped with AT section package or something).

Brits needs some design overhauls not bandaids only to rip the bandaid half off next patch. This has been a cycle for a long time now thanks to relic not giving the balance team the greenlight to change emplacements and the mortar.
24 Jun 2020, 08:51 AM

If you go Infantry Section (starting unit) - Infantry Section - Infantry Section - UC - Tech - Vickers K upgrade on UC the timing of the Vickers on the UC is exactly like it was before because the moment you have 3 Sections + UC + tech is the same moment you reach 60 munitions. Reason for this is the super short build time on the T1 structure.

I imagine it was a change to prevent long TO play in team games? Quick bolster is not really a thing in ones before tech
24 Jun 2020, 11:16 AM

Sturmtigers NahVW grenade range dosnt seem increase at vet 4.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 42
unknown 36
Germany 10
unknown 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L