Login

russian armor

UKF-Valentine

12 Apr 2020, 19:05 PM

I have some questions regarding the UKF valentine tank.

1. If i am not mistaken, it is a call in unit- why? Especially since these early tanks - like the Ost puma - arent supposed to be call ins anymore. ( Personally i dont see a problem here, because it is limited to 1 and doesnt come in as a panic unit)

2. For a 80 fuel tank that comes this early it is really irritating, that you cant snare it with one faust. Since you can snare any LV, which in my opinion the valentine is (especially if you compare it to a t70), i would have expected to snare it in my games with one faust at full health. Is there a special reason to it, exept UKF beeing the worst faction at least before the patch.
12 Apr 2020, 19:07 PM

the weapon doctrinal vehicles become available is mess and it should be fixed.
12 Apr 2020, 19:12 PM

2. For a 80 fuel tank that comes this early it is really irritating, that you cant snare it with one faust. Since you can snare any LV, which in my opinion the valentine is (especially if you compare it to a t70), i would have expected to snare it in my games with one faust at full health. Is there a special reason to it, exept UKF beeing the worst faction at least before the patch.

I guess being
-doctrinal
-most expensive fuel-wise
-limited to 1
-with average weapon
warrants it increased durability.
Its simply too expensive for 1 faust to cripple it and it isn't exactly T-70 level threatening.
12 Apr 2020, 19:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2020, 19:12 PMKatitof

I guess being
-doctrinal
-most expensive fuel-wise
-limited to 1
-with average weapon
warrants it increased durability.
Its simply too expensive for 1 faust to cripple it and it isn't exactly T-70 level threatening.

Well, it only costs 10 fuel more than a t70; Puma is doctrinal as well and almost as expensive.
As for its threat: it can almost as well harras units on retreat but trades some AI capability for at capability. It bascially is a mix between puma and t70. With that in mind, it should be snared with one faust.

The only thing going for the valentine is its limitation, but if you compare it to a t70 or puma, you never the more than 1 at the same time on the field, exept for cheese.
12 Apr 2020, 19:58 PM

Valentine is a non-issue. It works as a last chance type of vehicle when you don't have the fuel for T3 but that's about it.
12 Apr 2020, 20:02 PM

Valentine is a non-issue. It works as a last chance type of vehicle when you don't have the fuel for T3 but that's about it.

This wasnt my intention. I dont think, that it is an issue. Still, it feels odd compared to similar LV´s from other factions.
12 Apr 2020, 20:09 PM

I'm in agreeance with blvckdream. Valentine comes too late to have a proper power spike, even with the new half CP per tech. It would be a wonderful AEC replacement, but again shows too late to mitigate axis LV. With current Cromwell stats, its MUCH BETTER to wait for it. Valentine will get bodied by first P4.

The real use I've found for it is recon and a panic button vs elite infantry. It provides exceptional vision / smoke for TDs and MGs and is stupid fast. So it's no Mobile Defense Puma, just a tougher support vehicle.
12 Apr 2020, 20:15 PM

This wasnt my intention. I dont think, that it is an issue. Still, it feels odd compared to similar LV´s from other factions.

There really isn't any similar light by the fact its limited to 1 alone, but there is much more to it being quite unique.
Its more akin to original T-34 in pretty much all regards(in coh2, not historically).
Think of it more as a weak med tank then strong( :snfPeter: ) light tank as its armor is higher then some med vehicles.
Its also infantry tank, it literally is a churchill of light vehicles and it, historically, was never classified as light.
12 Apr 2020, 20:21 PM

Valentine has a great gun which is superior to that of the Command PzIV specially after it got a damage buff without any change in AOR profile.

It gets crazy vet bonuses in mobility and target size.

And for some strange reason it remain a call in with no tech requirement.
13 Apr 2020, 12:08 PM

I agree it is in a strange place now. I do think it should be unlocked once you unlocked Bofors or AEC. No Call-in but buildable of course. That way you would standardize timing across all game modes (win-win). Its timing and performace would be close to the old T34 at soviet T3 as already stated.
13 Apr 2020, 12:32 PM

Puma eats Valentine for breakfast. It's more of a gimmick than a real threat imho.
13 Apr 2020, 12:37 PM

Yes please have Valentine unlocked with AEC tech, Brits aren’t cancerous enough to deal with. Then make sure to put Puma at 7CP and nerf Grens.
13 Apr 2020, 16:11 PM

It would be out SO MUCH QUICKER with AEC tech. Dang, that would be abusive.
13 Apr 2020, 18:39 PM

I'm in agreeance with blvckdream. Valentine comes too late to have a proper power spike, even with the new half CP per tech. It would be a wonderful AEC replacement, but again shows too late to mitigate axis LV. With current Cromwell stats, its MUCH BETTER to wait for it. Valentine will get bodied by first P4.

The real use I've found for it is recon and a panic button vs elite infantry. It provides exceptional vision / smoke for TDs and MGs and is stupid fast. So it's no Mobile Defense Puma, just a tougher support vehicle.

Pretty much this exactly. It's a decent vehicle but it's quite niche. In 1v1 f you have map control you'll have a Crom at around 5cp anyway, so if you're using it as a panic tank, you've already lost the game. Well, the CP value can't be lowered unfortunately because that was tried and it was OP in the other direction.

It was originally designed more as an armoured spotter unit. With the maphack cheese removed, it's now well balanced there, in that if you get it to 1CP, in team games the vision is just enough to spot for fireflies while also providing a bit of anti-infantry cover, if you micro it well. The arty call-in was also bugfixed so it can also spot for arty now.

As for the original questions... why it's a call-in, probably because they didn't implement that consistently enough. Why it takes a faust, I believe that's simply to do with the amount of health it has; not sure but I think the rule is that snares don't work when a vehicle has above X% health left (90%... maybe?).
13 Apr 2020, 19:47 PM

Trying to make sense of the Valentine requires a PhD in History to go back and track it being OP in Beta (or so I've heard) then being useless on release to being cheesey after Artillery Regiment redesign to being it's current Frankenstein form where it's okay for what it is but probably not good enough to be super meta.
18 Apr 2020, 14:31 PM

I play the arty reg a lot . . . yeah it doesn't have a use and just takes up a slot.

Remove the valentine and replace it with command vehicle?

I'd maybe also maybe add a 'fire flare' shot to the ability for all docs when it's placed on a vehicle with a single cannon. (Like firing coloured smoke shells on a Bridge too far movie to call in the CAS). Same as the IS one, but with longer range. With this and the recon run the vehicle gets, the DCV would suit the doc well. Slapped on the AEC it might make it a great utility car for late game use, making it worthwhile to keep around when playing a doc with DCV. Despite the ROF and accuracy penalties DCV does. Using the tread-breaker, arty flare shooting, recon run and command aurora.

That is if the reload penalty doesn't effect the tread breaker. tbh it seems quite gimmicky, replace it with a 'target periscope' ability instead? One-shot, blinds the vehicle from shooting for 7 secs (and pauses reload at whatever it was for the duration - the gunner is fixing his sight). Not the massively destructive frustrating snare it was, but will help save fireflies from diving panthers and force them off. That would make the AEC worthwhile and less frustrating for the axis player
18 Apr 2020, 14:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2020, 20:21 PMVipper
Valentine has a great gun which is superior to that of the Command PzIV specially after it got a damage buff without any change in AOR profile.

It gets crazy vet bonuses in mobility and target size.

And for some strange reason it remain a call in with no tech requirement.

Its vet bonuses don't help its lethality though like T70 or luch. It's got decent starting stats but doesn't pick off squads as fast as other light tanks at vet.

It's s much unit for recon, arty and some extra AI power before it gets invalidated by P4 a minute later.

IMO unit is fine, but its supercharge ability could use a bit of a buff considering you need a sexton to use it
18 Apr 2020, 14:48 PM

Wait a second kat, I though u said that beging doctrinal is not an excuse for being stronger , are u eating ur own words ?
18 Apr 2020, 14:53 PM

Brits aren’t cancerous enough.
u mean for brit user ?
18 Apr 2020, 14:58 PM

Wait a second kat, I though u said that beging doctrinal is not an excuse for being stronger , are u eating ur own words ?

And it isn't.
Being most expensive and arriving latest is.

Unless you'd like to see Tigers struggle against T34 if you want to drag it that way.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★