Can the Recon Sweep from the Assault Officer ACTUALLY go directly over the officer's head instead of a sliiiiiight counter-clockwise off direction sweep? makes aiming recon deep in enemy territory REALLY HARD, which is bad for 50 mun.
I think the problem is the Loiter radius. its currently 15, try setting it to 0.
Also, the British airplane sweep is WEIRD, the plane flys at 50 height instead of ~20 of other recon planes.
The recon sweep is a point and click which direction you want it go thing.
If they've changed it to one like the USA recon loiter I'd like it to be reversed.
Found a bug with 17pdr sabot rounds.
Activated ability and told it to attack ground. The effect and (possibly) the rounds remained in effect after the ability expired.
I don't think the static mortar emplacement serving as artillery will work.
All emplacements are highly situational and hard-countered by off-map and arty.
Furthermore, with the new stuka, it will become completely obsolete against OKW (they have leig too) and unusable in team games.
- retracted original suggestion for mortar pit
- adjust brace to a toggle ability. When braced, as well as the damage reduction, the crew mans the garrison positions (from back when we could do that) and fires out with rifles at nearby enemies. If no units are within firing range and brace is activated, they will repair damage to their emplacement.
To make tommies more balanced:
- Remove medic kit from tommies, reduce pop cost for medic squad. Medic tommies are just unjustified.
- Perhaps add a scoped rifle (which takes bren slot) to the pyro upgrade (re-name it to spotter training or whatever). Just something so its not an automatic choice.
- Move gammon bomb to royal engineers
its soo price inefficient that 3 T-34-76s cost more than 2 panzer 4s but will lose 5/5 times in a fight frontally at any distance despite costing more than the P4...
and again you're ignoring soviet teching... it takes around the same fuel to buy an ostheer panzer 4 and a T-34....
Everyone's gotta remember that the units don't exist in a void. The real question should be:
"for the same resources and popcap, can I field unit(s) that can counter the unit(s) in question."
So whatever state the T34 may be in, if the difference in resource cost between that and a P4 nullifies the P4s advantage when expended. Then it is balanced.
e.g A t34 & an AT gun
Obviously it will never be an exact science and an AT gun can't move like a tank, but that asymmetry is what makes the factions different. And depending on the no. of units of a type deployed the enemy, your force composition may have pivot to other solutions like SU-85s to maintain the approx. equal power level because unit specialization and economies of scale/numbers also play a role.
Most changes look good, interesting the mortar one.
Idea: Make the 5th man optional for IS for no cost (after researching the upgrade) but it occupies 1 weapon slot with say the "scoped" Lee Enfield (which was basically the same as vanilla). (optional) Increase the cost and improve the Bren.
Then you have to opt between double Brens at 4 man or 5 man squad with only 1 weapon.
MAYBE same principle applying to Royal Engineers.
In this way you have more room to adjust the units without been scared of how much they end up scaling when they are able to get the 5th man upgrade.
Reminded me of a convo we had a while back:
"Attach artillery observer":
- Occupies weapon slot
- Adds 1 model armed with regular rifle with regular stats, maybe give him a radio backpack or something.
- Squad gains ability to call down from base arty the regular barrage, smoke barrage (both with slightly buffed call-down ranges, maybe using a rifle grenade to pop the flare now?) and a flare shot (which would have a much further call-down range than the other two).
I think the current smoke animation is really weird, could they have each of these abilities on separate cool downs, but have them all actually use the on-map base arty guns. As a result they could not be used simultaneously, though you could pop one straight after the other had finished firing. But of course the cool down for each individual barrage type would be global. It would be nice to give the base guns a few more functions.
I would also then buff the smoke barrage a bit to two arty smoke rounds, which would land in a slightly randomised (but small) pattern. Would also be consistent with both the guns turning for the barrage and I guess you could poach the regular barrage code, reduce the salvo to 2, make it more accurate and just turn them to smoke shells. The flare shot would give good frontline recon and let you later on remove cancer royal arty flares.
then the second:
- Occupies weapon slot
- Add 1 medic model once again armed with regular rifle, regular stats, medic hat ofc
- Gains medical supplies ability. Or to keep the medic squad relevent, the medical supplies ability is removed and the medic auto heals 1 one model at a time and nearby models of other squads when the tommy squad is idle. As a result the dedicated medic squad is a still a much more powerful alternative.
- Remove global bolster tech
- Lock these two upgrades behind T2
Because the extra man has a regular stat-ed rifle, they would serve the same purpose as bolster and make it more reasonable to have one or two of these on field even when the player is losing weapon slots.
Or have neither of these two upgrades and stay as a 4 man squad with double weapon slots.
Not sure what an equivalent for Ro.Es could be, make them as 5man out the box?
moved from Schwerer Panzer HQ to Command HQ require 1 deployed truck
new Panzerschreck package (100 munitions) obers squad gains 2 Panzerschrecks
MIDGAME PANZERSHREK OBERS :E
USF is generally in a good spot I don't have much to ask for myself except for the following:
- Would like to see the Jackson get it's armor back, if not then at least lower its fuel cost back down to 140 fuel.
- Give the Easy 8 WP rounds, and Rifle Company M1919, would be nice.
- Maybe lower the cost slightly of a few overpriced units, namely Assault Engineers, Pathfinders, Rear Echeleons.
- If they only make one change for USF though, that should be to fix the Pershing. It's a terrible heavy tank that doesn't do anything well. This is really the most important change they should make to USF IMHO.
The patch is for core armies, not commanders and their units.
Trenches build as fast or faster than sandbags when sections are 5man.
When 4 man too. Extend trench build time by the same proportion as sandbags have been?
The UI could be touched up. It seems we forgot to mention those rounds are essentially 120mm Soviet Mortar rounds. Will be sure to touch that up soon.
Awesome! And nobody will look close enough at the models so just describe it as this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ML_4.2-inch_mortar
Can it just detect camouflaged units within the arc of it's searchlight?