19%
17%
19%
Total votes: 36
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
31 Aug 2019, 07:26 AM

What is TWP supposed to do?

Is it supposed to kill heavies?
Is it supposed to help kill Tank destroyers?
Is it supposed to make flanks harder?
Is it supposed to make it win 1v1s?

Because right now it does none of these things

My ideas are:

To make it good VS heavies, give it a skillshot HVAP round like the Pershing
To make it good VS tank destroyers, give it 60 range and a minimum range
To make it good at stopping flanks, give it target treads like the AEC
The old TWP made it insta win headons. This shouldn’t return (imo)

You can vote above on my ideas
31 Aug 2019, 08:30 AM

Stug twp used to disable turret rotation for 15s, relic straight nerf to 5s. Totally useless now.
Meanwhile pershin hvap round gets cheaper because usf don't have enough at..

I vote to change it to hvap. Because wehr do not have Jp4 to deal with allies heavy armor without distance advantage.
ddd
31 Aug 2019, 08:48 AM

Make it the same shitty skillshot with barely improved damage and penetration taking ages to fire as pershing, because axis spammers say its good ability.

Offtopic: change overwatch skillplanes to something similar as "combined arms" ability, reason same as above.
31 Aug 2019, 09:13 AM

Barely improved? Wot.
For 50muni i will take it over twp useless muni drain

And what you mean by skillshot?
31 Aug 2019, 17:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2019, 08:48 AMddd
Make it the same shitty skillshot with barely improved damage and penetration taking ages to fire as pershing, because axis spammers say its good ability.

Offtopic: change overwatch skillplanes to something similar as "combined arms" ability, reason same as above.

Yeah the Pershing HVAP is pretty useless, but if they added it to the StuG they could rework it and apply the same rework to the Pershing
31 Aug 2019, 21:43 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

https://www.coh2.org/guides/88945/the-coh2-ability-guide-mark-2-0

+100% penetration, will lock enemy vehicles turret temporarily and disable its main gun.
ddd
31 Aug 2019, 21:49 PM

Yeah the Pershing HVAP is pretty useless, but if they added it to the StuG they could rework it and apply the same rework to the Pershing

You mean like they added damage reduction to grenadiers but removed it from rangers? If they rework HVAP shot into something decent you can bet pershing will lose it.
31 Aug 2019, 23:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2019, 21:49 PMddd
You mean like they added damage reduction to grenadiers but removed it from rangers? If they rework HVAP shot into something decent you can bet pershing will lose it.

They did that because it wasn't communicated to the player that the Ranger's had it in the first place and they're a highly versatile 5 man squad as it is, meanwhile it will be shown in the Veterancy text that Grenadiers have it because they are a 4 man squad and have suffered from one-hit wipes for the entire duration of the game's existence.
1 Sep 2019, 03:41 AM

I've always believed this ability (and others like it) should result in a damage critical for the target vehicle. It shouldn't be a timed effect; it should require repair to fix it. Most of the time, the unit will be destroyed by other fire but, under the right circumstances, a player will be able to retreat the unit to safety.

Any ability that only lasts 5 seconds is kind of worthless - it should be doubled to 10 seconds to make it worth the cost.
1 Sep 2019, 06:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2019, 08:48 AMddd

You're not actually seriously trying to suggest that Combined Arms is a bad ability, are you?
ddd
1 Sep 2019, 07:22 AM

You're not actually seriously trying to suggest that Combined Arms is a bad ability, are you?

Its so good that i want to see it instead of skillplanes in overwatch. But thats just suggestion i made.
1 Sep 2019, 23:30 PM

Permanently Banned
The Stug TWP is very weak when it works as advertised "temporarily" disabling the main gun? Loading a TWP round into the Stug is almost like temporarily disabling your OWN gun because it takes forever to load now LOL. To get the enemy's gun disabled for 5 secs, you need to disable your own gun for 5 secs to fire the shot.

And many times, the enemy tank somehow still fires one second after being hit with a TWP which is a bug that happens a noticeable amount of times. This is most infuriating.
1 Sep 2019, 23:50 PM

Off topic, but I would kill to have combined arms as Wehrmacht.

Relic plz.
2 Sep 2019, 01:47 AM
Senior Editor Badge

Well, it's bad if you have veteran squads because the buff for Combined Arms is sometimes worse than the veterancy bonuses that the ability replaces!
2 Sep 2019, 03:48 AM

Well, it's bad if you have veteran squads because the buff for Combined Arms is sometimes worse than the veterancy bonuses that the ability replaces!

I e heard mixed things about it, including that it was ninja fixed. I remember when it released it worked so idk...
11 Nov 2019, 00:28 AM

Friendly necro.

Here's what Stug G TWP (or HEAT round, as it has been renamed to) currently does:

- Once the ability has been pressed, it interrupts the reload cycle by adding 2-3 seconds of activation time. The Stug also has to reaim so there's around a total of 4-5 second delay if activated near the end of the reload cycle. This means sometimes a whole potential extra shot is wasted, especially on lower vet levels.
- +100% penetration (from 200/185/170 to 400/370/340).
- -50% damage (from 160 damage to 80 damage).
- Penetrating shell will disable vehicle's gun, turret and vision for 5 seconds.

I personally would like to see the ability improved to be more viable. For example by:

- Making it point & click that fires instantly instead of an activation ability with delay (like Stug E).
- Making it guaranteed to pen instead of +100% chance to pen (like Stug E).
- Increasing stun duration from 5 seconds to 8-10 seconds.
11 Nov 2019, 00:39 AM

I've always believed this ability (and others like it) should result in a damage critical for the target vehicle. It shouldn't be a timed effect; it should require repair to fix it. Most of the time, the unit will be destroyed by other fire but, under the right circumstances, a player will be able to retreat the unit to safety.

Any ability that only lasts 5 seconds is kind of worthless - it should be doubled to 10 seconds to make it worth the cost.

Can this logic be apply to firefly's rocket ? Just asking.
11 Nov 2019, 01:41 AM

Can this logic be apply to firefly's rocket ? Just asking.

I'm not sure what you're asking, Sapper.

Should Tulips result in Damage Criticals? Maybe. However, they are a HE warhead so, the effect would be highly variable. The result would be very dependent on RNG and a direct hit would be a prerequisite for having any chance of a Damage Critical.

In real life, the Firefly's 17 pdr was good enough to take on any German tank but, the tank was weak against other targets. The Tulips were meant to be used against buildings, emplacements and soft targets. They could be used against other tanks but, it was a bit of a gamble. Only a direct hit would be truly effective, with the shock of the explosion stunning the crew and possibly damaging the vehicle. The trade-off was that the blast from the rocket would betray the Firefly's position and smoke from the rockets would temporarily obscure its view so, if the rockets missed, the advantage would pass to the enemy tank.

I believe the in-game mechanics of Tulips should reflect this reality.

If you're asking whether the stun effect should last longer than a few seconds, then I would say yes, always.
11 Nov 2019, 04:27 AM

If you're asking whether the stun effect should last longer than a few seconds, then I would say yes, always.

Yeah, it is what i was thinking when replying. I dont know exactly how long the stun last as now but from in game experience i think it is very short. I presume that short stun duration is a trade off for hight dmg of the 2 rockets, if both hit but if i'm not wrong, fire rocket slow down the already slow rof of the tank so a bit too much of a trade off. Get both rocket to hit is difficult, tho.

If stun effect can be longer, it will help with firefly's slow rof, allow another shoot may be.
11 Nov 2019, 09:37 AM

Simply replace TWP with a non moving camo ability
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 27
Germany 305

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %