Login

russian armor

USA September patch discussion

• This thread is locked
PAGES (25)down
22 Aug 2019, 19:13 PM

Mrgame2 and Thekingsown10 made enough threads bitching about the white phosphorus that balance team nerfed it by 300% :clap:

Ostheer mortar halftrack got flames buffed too. :guyokay: Even with white Phos, I rarely saw the USF mortar halftrack in 4v4's of late. People just go pack howitzer because it's better by a wide margin and does not require doctrine.
22 Aug 2019, 19:44 PM

3 points I would like to bring up

2. Scott: I agree with the cause for these changes, the scott should not be devastating on autofire and should reward players who use barrage. The barrage however is not fantastic as it is hard to use vs moving infantry, and it is not super effective vs pak walls and weapons teams which the Scott should do better to counter.

I think the barrage could benefit from having the max range increased for two reasons

a. The primary purpose of this unit should be to counter weapons teams and static play using barrage. It is currently not very good at doing so and presently it is an autofire AI platform in most cases. More range and better accuracy vs static play would help differentiate it from the HE sherman
b. 80 range barrage cannot be used against Pak43s. Even against a Pak 40 if the unit moves up slightly after the first hit in many cases the scott is in danger of being hit itself. Moving a Pak40 every 55 seconds(new barrage cooldown) or so is not very hard and if done the Scotts 60 autofire range puts it in danger if you try to take out this unit.

Patchnotes on scott

I understand why they're nerfing the Scott's direct fire ability. However, once that is done, you have a mobile howitzer that has the range and damage that is more similar to a mortar than a howitzer, yet the fuel cost is about the same as a real howitzer and the price and pop cap are about 2/3 of a regular howitzer. The barrage range is currently less than an LEIG. The Scott had double the range of a LEIG and about 80-90% of the range of an LEFH.

In COH2 terms, it should've had a range of 120-130, barrage timers and shells about the same as on-map howitzer, and a damage profile that is about half of a regular howitzer.
22 Aug 2019, 20:37 PM

SEPTEMBER 2019 PATCH PREVIEW - Version 1.2 Changes
August 22nd 2019

Damn. Those will really make the Pershing feel nice. Good changes.
22 Aug 2019, 20:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2019, 14:43 PMVonIvan
Make Rangers 2 CP, considering all other elite inf is 2 CP now except falls/airborne

Except falls are 2cp now lel. IMO if anything needs a CP reduction it's airborne since they're a lot less tough man for man.

Not able to confirm atm, but isn't the 105mm sherman bulldozer (the howitzer one) at a laughably high CP requirement (like in the teens?) now compared to all actual heavy tanks? I know it's not tied to tech, but maybe just even tie it to tech and then lower the CPs I guess.
22 Aug 2019, 22:52 PM

Ostheer mortar halftrack got flames buffed too. :guyokay: Even with white Phos, I rarely saw the USF mortar halftrack in 4v4's of late. People just go pack howitzer because it's better by a wide margin and does not require doctrine.

The mortar halftracks don't seem to be paying for themselves, at least when I try them. They don't get a lot of wipes, and in late game they'll get wiped by howitzers/rocket arty. Getting them means you've delayed your first Jackson by a minute or two and most of us would rather have the earlier Jackson.

The white phos might have been annoying, at least to two prolific posters, but it didn't kill anything and was another ammo sink in a faction that doesn't need an ammo sink.

The Ost mortar halftrack is still pretty good as you can flame retreat paths and get wipes. It will pay for itself regardless of what happens in late game. I'm not sure why anyone thought it needed a buff. It's going to wipe squads and team weapons like crazy, especially with the buff it didn't need.
22 Aug 2019, 23:37 PM

Damn. Those will really make the Pershing feel nice. Good changes.

It would go a long way towards making USF competitive in 4v4's if they made the new, improved, Pershing non-doctrinal like the KT. They could sub in the Easy 8 into Heavy Cav.

Also, USF tech is still messed up. It pays 700 MP 100 Fuel to get access to all of the weapon teams and side tech. It includes two squads that are sometimes not wanted. Ost pays 330/70 to get the same access minus the squads. USF adds in 200/40 (900/140) if they want to make light vehicles or pak howies. I'd much rather give up the free squads, pay the 330/70 and not have the strange power spikes that cause games to go back and forth. In short, USF tech is still too cheap in manpower and too expensive in fuel.

23 Aug 2019, 00:16 AM

Why don’t compare it to okw instead of osther ? Unlike okw osther can only skip tech not chose them like USF and okw , I mean why do okw has to pay 15 fuel to get Molotov and at least 55 to get at nade ? Why do team weapons comes so late ? Why is the teach tree so expensive coparade to su ?
23 Aug 2019, 01:26 AM

Why don’t compare it to okw instead of osther ? Unlike okw osther can only skip tech not chose them like USF and okw , I mean why do okw has to pay 15 fuel to get Molotov and at least 55 to get at nade ? Why do team weapons comes so late ? Why is the teach tree so expensive coparade to su ?

Not sure I understand your post. In the version of COH2 that I play, the OKW AT gun is Tier 0, flame nades and panzerfausts are free with any completed truck and the MG34 is available after any truck is converted - making their cost for the unlocking team weapons and tech among the cheapest and fastest.
23 Aug 2019, 08:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2019, 01:26 AMGrumpy

Not sure I understand your post. In the version of COH2 that I play, the OKW AT gun is Tier 0, flame nades and panzerfausts are free with any completed truck and the MG34 is available after any truck is converted - making their cost for the unlocking team weapons and tech among the cheapest and fastest.
and in the version I play the USF mortar is tier 0, officer cone for free, panzerfaust come after set up and cal 50 come just after 35 fu unlike the mg 34 55 fuel (soon to be 50)

To put I simply, u are comparing osther and Soviet tech to USF , when we know it’s an unique tech structure like okw with branching choices, so u cherry pick what u like and what u don’t , btw last time I checked 15 + 40 + 20 is 75 not 70 , and I don’t see smoke nade or double lmg on any green or pgren

To put it even simpler u want the best of each faction in 1 faction with no draw backs , so u want both cakes
24 Aug 2019, 00:04 AM

Rifle Company
We felt that Rifle Company was an underused commander because it had some mediocre abilities that outweigh the good ones. Small changes to the doctrine have been made that will hopefully make it a much more attractive choice.

• ‘Fire Up!’ ability: exhaustion debuff removed
• Riflemen Flares have been merged with Flamethrower slot
• Riflemen Field Defenses added to the doctrine.

Rifle Company is awful, and these changes aren't really enough to make it useful. This is taken from a old commander suggestion I made:

Why not add something that'll actually be helpful, or even unique? Stuff that I'd like to see Rifle Company get would be (not all, although I do really like them all and they all actually help the unit the commander's named after):
• Veteran squad leader (for Riflemen)
• Riflemen Assault Package Upgrade
• Riflemen Smoke Grenades
24 Aug 2019, 00:23 AM

I think there is a lot of consensus that giving riflemen some kind of new upgrade so they play differently would benefit this commander. If they do another commander revamp i think this one will be front of the list.
24 Aug 2019, 00:56 AM

I think there is a lot of consensus that giving riflemen some kind of new upgrade so they play differently would benefit this commander. If they do another commander revamp i think this one will be front of the list.

Think they should add a sniper to the doctrine. Maybe you could get one instead of an officer.
ddd
24 Aug 2019, 01:40 AM

Actualy useful rifle company:

1. Flamethrower, flares

2. Mechanized group (wc51, m3)

3. Scoped garands for riflemen, sprint

4. WP barrage

5. Easy8
24 Aug 2019, 04:04 AM

You're really complaining about the fuel cost to unlock flamenades on volks? They get their nades the fastest overall and don't have to slow down their own tech at all for it. I know you're gonna argue that it's somehow a sidetech but it's not at all. Actual sidetechs don't go towards your teching at all; it's stuff like battlegroup HQ medics or weapon racks for USF or brits.

Waiting for fausts is annoying but in the meantime volks get a fair bit tougher at vet1 instead of getting AT nades and no combat bonuses at vet1 like riflemen.

OKW team weapons come like 1 minute later than USF's do, and you can always build both an MG and an ATG regardless of what tech you choose. Crapping out 4 volks at the beginning of the match is a great opening anyway.

Maybe OKW's tech tree is so expensive compared to SU because they don't need to buy 3 sidetechs just to get molotovs, AT nades, and healing (they just have to sidetech for healing) and you get a reinforce point with battlegroup, optional repair automatons that take no pop with mech, and a free bofors with the schwerer. Might be why they're more expensive than SU, just a guess. Oh, and a nondoctrinal heavy.
24 Aug 2019, 05:08 AM

I originally disliked this idea, particularly since it locks half the doctrine (and already rather expensive abilities for USF) behind a 60 muni upgrade, but it is far superior to the "x weapon upgrade" concept found otherwise.

Though I should say a retexture of the ranger model would probably work best for what you are going for, as it is closest to the rifleman model.

Ranger models would need the helmet of the lieutenant to make it more recognizable, plus the rangers have ranger decals on their helmet that would look out of place in a regular squad.

You could reduce the cost for sprint and flares since they would be locked behind the Veteran Sergeant upgrade, but the idea of locking the abilities behind the Sergeant was deliberate. I wanted to tie those abilities to the Sergeant for several reasons:

1. Encourage the use of the Sergeant, get the guy, get the abilities.
2. Prevent double BAR squads from sprinting up to MGs and being too strong. By making the Sergeant cost you a weapon slot you can now only have one BAR while sprinting up to a weapon team. This makes it less punishing to be on the receiving end of sprinting Riflemen.
3. Encourage use of grenade tech rather than BAR tech. Smoke, sprint and frag would be even more viable with an extra man to take damage and make aggressive grenade use less risky to try, but still expensive to pull off. This harkens back to the vCoH days of Riflemen grenade flanks being the top players US bread and butter tactic. Go watch some old DevM games from the Sunday night fights games to see what I mean.
24 Aug 2019, 07:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Aug 2019, 19:44 PMGrumpy

I understand why they're nerfing the Scott's direct fire ability. However, once that is done, you have a mobile howitzer that has the range and damage that is more similar to a mortar than a howitzer, yet the fuel cost is about the same as a real howitzer and the price and pop cap are about 2/3 of a regular howitzer. The barrage range is currently less than an LEIG. The Scott had double the range of a LEIG and about 80-90% of the range of an LEFH.

In COH2 terms, it should've had a range of 120-130, barrage timers and shells about the same as on-map howitzer, and a damage profile that is about half of a regular howitzer.

130 range? How you counter something like that...:D
Which coh2 terms you meant.
Imo this is a slight nerf to scott, not enough in team games. The shorten barrage reload more than makes up for the longer autofire

You know you can still sit back to auto fire?
24 Aug 2019, 07:52 AM

Maybe OKW's tech tree is so expensive compared to SU because they don't need to buy 3 sidetechs just to get molotovs, AT nades, and healing (they just have to sidetech for healing).

SP healing crates say hi.
24 Aug 2019, 07:54 AM

You're really complaining about the fuel cost to unlock flamenades on volks? They get their nades the fastest overall and don't have to slow down their own tech at all for it. I know you're gonna argue that it's somehow a sidetech but it's not at all. Actual sidetechs don't go towards your teching at all; it's stuff like battlegroup HQ medics or weapon racks for USF or brits.

Waiting for fausts is annoying but in the meantime volks get a fair bit tougher at vet1 instead of getting AT nades and no combat bonuses at vet1 like riflemen.

OKW team weapons come like 1 minute later than USF's do, and you can always build both an MG and an ATG regardless of what tech you choose. Crapping out 4 volks at the beginning of the match is a great opening anyway.

Maybe OKW's tech tree is so expensive compared to SU because they don't need to buy 3 sidetechs just to get molotovs, AT nades, and healing (they just have to sidetech for healing) and you get a reinforce point with battlegroup, optional repair automatons that take no pop with mech, and a free bofors with the schwerer. Might be why they're more expensive than SU, just a guess. Oh, and a nondoctrinal heavy.
please take thing in context I literally copy pasted his post and switched USF for okw, only showing and cherry picking bad points

Please learn to read
24 Aug 2019, 08:59 AM

How about rifle nade and cover to cover ? I mean, rifle nade seem fit the theme of rifle company and cover to cover is a better version of fire up. I like the ideal of sergeant, but working with 2 abilities already in the game will be easier.

Suggestions: Replace RE flamer by RE rifle nade and fire up by cover to cover.
24 Aug 2019, 11:45 AM

How about rifle nade and cover to cover ? I mean, rifle nade seem fit the theme of rifle company and cover to cover is a better version of fire up. I like the ideal of sergeant, but working with 2 abilities already in the game will be easier.

Suggestions: Replace RE flamer by RE rifle nade and fire up by cover to cover.

You mean give urban assault the flamer and rifle the rifle grenades? that doesnt sound too bad, but i would be against removing the flamethrower entirely. i am not a fan of cover to cover, its a global ability while fire up can be used on individual squads, so i would keep that. i would be in favour of adding a rifle upgrade together with the RE nades, similar to howit currently is in urban assault, either one pathfinder scoped garand or like 3 airborne m1 carbines. Or the old M23 smoke grenades.

(on a sidenote: is it possible to fix the scoped garand animation? just looks off that the pathfinders cycle them like bolt action rifles after each shot.)
PAGES (25)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 26
Germany 7
unknown 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L