Login

russian armor

I think the comet tank is due for a buff.

PAGES (9)down
25 Jan 2019, 17:45 PM

I think here lies the problem though, it's a more armoured Cromwell with worse vet and costs an arm and a leg in both price, popcap and tech. You have a few useful abilities but they have all seen nerfs or are still bugged (WP).

It's simply not worth the cost and scales terribly which is why pro players like Hans just build two Cromwells. If you stall you can bully a p4 with it but by the time you stall for a comet you will have zero map control and he will have a command panther or panther next to his P4 anyway

How does its vet stack against the cromwell? I wouldn't see issue with mirroring it (the t34s are the same, commit to that sort of design) but for the price difference to the cromwell the comet is acceptable. It has the most armour of any medium now does it not?

As for the p4 and panther matchup, it shouldn't be a no Brainer no matter the enemy lineup, it will Excell against some builds and be less effective against others. Against panthers you would be better off with a churchill and firefly than comets and cromwell anyways, but against p4s you can do no better than the comet. I think that's reasonable.
25 Jan 2019, 17:58 PM

I feel like the AI with the comet is a bit redundant, If I wanted AI then I would have gotten a Cromwell/Churchill/Centaur. Maybe make the Comet a higher dps AT brawler something that UKF lacks. Buffing the vet to be more effective against Vehicles could be nice, decreasing the AI and giving pen/reload buffs to make it better at fighting vehicles.

The Firefly has a low DPS with the exception of using the Tulip rockets, which is fine but the Comet could fill that role of a higher dps brawler and have its own specialization rather than be a underwhelming generalist.
25 Jan 2019, 19:58 PM

I know the FF does 200 damage, but what about giving the comet 200 damage? It wouldn't effect most targets but in the big picture of the battle it makes it a bit better. It also slightly improves AI and gives it a slight advantage vs heavier armour. Coupled with the new snare it could make it a more attractive unit in a combined arms approach without making a single one or swarm too strong.

The 15 extra range itself will keep the FF relevant despite that
25 Jan 2019, 20:43 PM

I know the FF does 200 damage, but what about giving the comet 200 damage? It wouldn't effect most targets but in the big picture of the battle it makes it a bit better. It also slightly improves AI and gives it a slight advantage vs heavier armour. Coupled with the new snare it could make it a more attractive unit in a combined arms approach without making a single one or swarm too strong.

The 15 extra range itself will keep the FF relevant despite that
yes sightly i mean it's only 40 damage buff is not like infantry has 80 hp .... oh wait
25 Jan 2019, 21:00 PM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

It fights medium tanks well. I have found its AI a little underwhelming, especially vs retreating squads.
25 Jan 2019, 22:50 PM
Patrion 14

I think it would be interesting to fully embrace the mobile/ offensive theme of hammer:

Nerf:
-Lower armor to Cromwell level
-Lower health to 720 (maybe)

Buff
-Increase accuracy on the move to .75
-Increase penetration
-Better Vet
-Better MGs
-Increase turret rotation speed and reduce target size (maybe)

Would make it the opposite of a Churchill. Now the comet relies on speed and hit and run tactics to defeat the enemy, instead of fighting 1 on 1 engagements with enemy tanks. Not sure if it would be viable at that high of a price, and would probably ruin the unit for teamgames. Still, I think it could be interesting.
25 Jan 2019, 23:06 PM

yes sightly i mean it's only 40 damage buff is not like infantry has 80 hp .... oh wait

It would slightly buff its AI. I don't have the profiles on hand but as an example if the far range is 0.25 damage modifier it will increase the damage from 40-50. That slightly improves it and increases its value as support because that's a whole shot less required for infantry. But doesn't improve its performance on its own nor in a wolf pack as it's still 2 shot kill with the cannon (mgs will still do shit so it'll help itself a bit there I guess but it's not that huge in that regard)
Could be an interesting direction to try.
26 Jan 2019, 02:55 AM

How does its vet stack against the cromwell? I wouldn't see issue with mirroring it (the t34s are the same, commit to that sort of design) but for the price difference to the cromwell the comet is acceptable. It has the most armour of any medium now does it not?

As for the p4 and panther matchup, it shouldn't be a no Brainer no matter the enemy lineup, it will Excell against some builds and be less effective against others. Against panthers you would be better off with a churchill and firefly than comets and cromwell anyways, but against p4s you can do no better than the comet. I think that's reasonable.

Cromwell Vet

Vet 1 : Unlocks Fire Smoke Shell
Vet 2 : +35% Turret weapon rotation,+30% reload speed
Vet 3 : Speed +20%, reload reduced by 20%, vehicle rotation +20%,

26 Jan 2019, 11:23 AM

I think it would be interesting to fully embrace the mobile/ offensive theme of hammer:

Nerf:

Buff
-Increase penetration
-Better Vet
-Better MGs

Would make it the opposite of a Churchill. Now the comet relies on speed and hit and run tactics to defeat the enemy, instead of fighting 1 on 1 engagements with enemy tanks. Not sure if it would be viable at that high of a price, and would probably ruin the unit for teamgames. Still, I think it could be interesting.

I agree with the idea. I think the reason why the comet is not being used is that is not reliable against axis armour at the time it comes out and for its cost. But brits just as every other allie need at this timing something reliable against armour especially for this cost and pop.
However, in terms of cost-effectiveness, it is a good unit so outride buffing it would be too much.
So I insist its cost goes down to the level of the church 490 mp 160 fl and 16 pop so it doesn't need to be as good as the panther and one can be more ok to lose, with following changes
nerf:
720 hp
nerfing armour
remove nades to vet 3 and get rid of passive nade throw

buffs:
buff vet
maybe a bit reload

ddd
26 Jan 2019, 11:39 AM

Nerf:

Buff
-Increase penetration
-Better Vet
-Better MGs

Terrible idea. Last thing allies need is more squishy tanks. Also not sure why would you think squishy tanks are good offensive units. You think panther with paper armor and 640hp would make fine offensive oriented tank hunter?
26 Jan 2019, 13:30 PM

One of the main issues with COH 2 is the lack of a clearly defined role for certain units such as the Comet. The Comet tries to do way too many things at once and ends up doing nothing good for the cost/price associated with the unit.

One thing that the British lack is a Heavy Tank such as the Tiger/IS-2 etc. The Comet was considered to be one of the best British tanks during WW-2 so this tank is a candidate to fill such a role within the British army composition. The Comet could be adjusted to become the British version of the Pershing without creating a unit that is flat out better than the Panther/Firefly and overlapping with other units.
26 Jan 2019, 13:49 PM

Comet has no scaling with veterancy:
No reload, no penetration, no range bonuses, no armor/hp buffs. The only thing it gets is the stock accuracy and movement bonuses, which is available for every other tank.

Compare it to the double-reload buffs for Cromwell, Stug or Pershing. Panther has a single reload buff, but it also gets defense bonuses.

Tank destroyers usually get reload + penetration. Main battle tanks get reload + range/defense.

The stock tank might not need any buffs if it could get +30% reload on the Vet 2.
26 Jan 2019, 17:08 PM

First, remove 1 of the grenades the Comet has. Preferably the starting ability so it can be replaced with something more useful. (e.g. temporarily increase the moving accuracy and reload speed of the Comet)
Second, reduce the fuel cost by 10-15 OR add a penetration buff to vet 1.
26 Jan 2019, 17:52 PM

One of the main issues with COH 2 is the lack of a clearly defined role for certain units such as the Comet. The Comet tries to do way too many things at once and ends up doing nothing good for the cost/price associated with the unit.

One thing that the British lack is a Heavy Tank such as the Tiger/IS-2 etc. The Comet was considered to be one of the best British tanks during WW-2 so this tank is a candidate to fill such a role within the British army composition. The Comet could be adjusted to become the British version of the Pershing without creating a unit that is flat out better than the Panther/Firefly and overlapping with other units.

The problem is that you can have multiple comets. If the Comet would be a good allrounder (can deal with armour/inf cost-effective) is durable (so you can stack them up offer the game) and can be spammed they could become a no-brainer.
26 Jan 2019, 18:00 PM

The problem is that you can have multiple comets. If the Comet would be a good allrounder (can deal with armour/inf cost-effective) is durable (so you can stack them up offer the game) and can be spammed they could become a no-brainer.

They already are very expensive.

If a unit is not cost effective(which comet is not), it needs either price cut and stat buff.
26 Jan 2019, 18:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jan 2019, 18:00 PMKatitof

They already are very expensive.

If a unit is not cost effective(which comet is not), it needs either price cut and stat buff.
*laughs in king tiger*
26 Jan 2019, 19:52 PM

*laughs in king tiger*

*smirks in IS-2*
26 Jan 2019, 20:22 PM

Even though the IS-2's performance isn't remarkably better, it is at least much more useful as a unit itself since it doesn't cost a fortune to unlock (the opposite rather). The amount of IS-2s versus amount of KTs called in in the GCS2 and AC tourneys proves that. But let's not go off topic.
26 Jan 2019, 20:29 PM

Even though the IS-2's performance isn't remarkably better, it is much more useful as a unit itself since it doesn't cost a fortune to unlock (the opposite rather). The amount of IS-2s versus amount of KTs called in in GCS2 and AC tourneys proves that. But let's not go off topic.

Of course, but only I do not see IS-2 in team games in general. And King Tiger in almost every match where there is a OKW.
26 Jan 2019, 22:09 PM

IMO its AT capability is in an ok spot for the most part, however I wish it would more reliably hit shots on the move, as its accuracy is pretty abysmal while moving, more so than other tanks, or so it seems at least (especially for being a "cruiser" tank). It's anti infantry really needs a buff though; a main gun scatter decrease would probably be enough in that department. All these things pretty much apply to the cromwell too IMO.

Also I was under the impression the comet's veterancy bonuses aren't all that great but I don't really remember.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS