Login

russian armor

New Commander Submission - Discuss

PAGES (10)down
14 Jan 2019, 06:13 AM

I remember seeing a picture posted here a few years back of the Jagdpanther in game. Was it fake or were the assets actually in the game for it?

I posted the picture of the Panther about a week ago saying that eliw00d and perhaps a few others managed to import the models over from CoH but like I said there, they disabled it for one reason or another back in 2013.
14 Jan 2019, 07:59 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I posted the picture of the Panther about a week ago saying that eliw00d and perhaps a few others managed to import the models over from CoH but like I said there, they disabled it for one reason or another back in 2013.

I think he means this: https://www.coh2.org/topic/35601/okw-jagdpanther-leak-or-fake

Eliw00d himself said:
jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jun 2015, 14:39 PMeliw00d
It's definitely not fake. The model and skin are far too convincing.
14 Jan 2019, 08:06 AM

Sturmpanther i have question who will chose new commanders and when ?
14 Jan 2019, 08:11 AM

I think he means this: https://www.coh2.org/topic/35601/okw-jagdpanther-leak-or-fake

Eliw00d himself said:

Judging by the Chinese writing on the bottom left I would say that it's fake altho what eliw00d says is true as far as the model itself and textures looking really well done.

And of course the question of why not add it in the game since it was back in 2015 pops up as well, I believe the Ostheer could use something a bit cheaper and more maneuverable than the Elefant.
14 Jan 2019, 08:46 AM

Do Churchil Crocodile and KV8 use actually different models from regular Churchill and KV1, asset-wise? If no, does that mean it is theoretically possible to have M4 Sherman Zippo with regular Sherman model?
14 Jan 2019, 09:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jan 2019, 08:46 AMWiking
Do Churchil Crocodile and KV8 use actually different models from regular Churchill and KV1, asset-wise? If no, does that mean it is theoretically possible to have M4 Sherman Zippo with regular Sherman model?

there is sherman croc ready to use in all units mod
14 Jan 2019, 10:02 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

...looks out of place due to the lower quality compared to CoH2 vehicle models.

What if i tell you, that M5 halftrack, 250,251,222,MP 40, MG 42, HMG 42, GrW 34, old PZ IV, Tiger, old Panther, G 43 and many other things were moved to CoH 2 from vCoH with minimal changes.

P.S. And even they looks better, than model of regular T-34. :p
14 Jan 2019, 10:05 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

there is sherman croc ready to use in all units mod

IIRC it's only as field defence, due to some limitation.
14 Jan 2019, 10:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2019, 08:51 AMSmartie
HI Guys,
i would like to get some constructive feedback on possible upgrade options for Assgrens and veterancy changes to make the unit more viable.

Upgrade option idea:
- Unit can be upgraded with a flamethrower (costs 60 mun), upgrade unlocked after finishing battlephase 1
The flamethrower would fit thematically really good and would give the Wehrmacht more options for house cleaning.

- Unit can be upgraded with 4 &Stg44 to make the unit more useful in the later stages of games, timing of the upgrade up to debate.

If the Assgrens would get a proper upgrade cost increase would be justified (300 MP)

Thx!

5 men with flamers and sprint are not a good idea.

Assault grenadiers can easily me moved to CP1 (or even 2) and receive buffs both defensively and offensively.

Else they can use weapon upgrades like ST44 or PPsh.
14 Jan 2019, 11:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jan 2019, 10:10 AMVipper

5 men with flamers and sprint are not a good idea.

Assault grenadiers can easily me moved to CP1 (or even 2) and receive buffs both defensively and offensively.

Else they can use weapon upgrades like ST44 or PPsh.

I really wish they could stay as 0cp unit, as they give very intresting twist to ost early game with more aggression. But at the same time they really need something that could let them scale later game better without being broken.

My idea would be 90 muni upgrade choice after tech 3 that gives them ppshs and stolen shock troop armour (even though armour cannot be made visually because modding tools are nonexistent and there is no new models to be created) This ould give them needed fire power increase and durability and its should come enough late that there is counters for it.
14 Jan 2019, 11:49 AM

I really wish they could stay as 0cp unit,...

I guess one could leave them as a CP 0 and try other measure to prevent blobbing like starting on CD and having longer CD.

The issue with CP call in units is that they can easily mess up balance since they allow player to have arithmetical advantage and they have to be a a power level of anupgunned mainline infantry.
14 Jan 2019, 11:51 AM

I really wish they could stay as 0cp unit, as they give very intresting twist to ost early game with more aggression. But at the same time they really need something that could let them scale later game better without being broken.

My idea would be 90 muni upgrade choice after tech 3 that gives them ppshs and stolen shock troop armour (even though armour cannot be made visually because modding tools are nonexistent and there is no new models to be created) This ould give them needed fire power increase and durability and its should come enough late that there is counters for it.

The Germans did use captured SN-42s. SS troop used more armor, few exact copies of Soviet armor were made for them.
14 Jan 2019, 12:43 PM

(Update) Faction + Commander Name :
USF Combined Assault Company
Theme: Recon + airsupport + lategame tank

Slot 1 :
0CP - Pathfinders
This pathfinders can mark target enemy.
tanks.
(Normal pathfiners with extra ability)

Slot 2 :
2CP - Veteran Squad Leaders (New Ability)
50mp and 60mu
six man rifleman upgrade

Slot 3 :
3CP - Browning M1919A6 Light Machine Gun

Slot 4 :
9CP - P47 Single Rocket Run (ardenes dlc)
130muni

Slot 5 :
10CP - Command sherman e8
400mp 150fu
This command unit will improve realod time and sight radius to all tanks.

what u think
14 Jan 2019, 13:03 PM

Your commander looks really promising, man. I especially like the Firefly command tank (i suggested a better PZIV command tank for OKW too). The only thing that you should consider is that the combination of 6 men units and the M1919 would be way too strong. Grens lose firepower if the unit gets 5 man in you case Rifles would WIN firepower. I would replace the veteran squad leader ability with something else.

14 Jan 2019, 13:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jan 2019, 13:03 PMSmartie
Your commander looks really promising, man. I especially like the Firefly command tank (i suggested a better PZIV command tank for OKW too). The only thing that you should consider is that the combination of 6 men units and the M1919 would be way too strong. Grens lose firepower if the unit gets 5 man in you case Rifles would WIN firepower. I would replace the veteran squad leader ability with something else.

Thx for comment and yeah maybe six man and m1919 its too much so maybe this sixman upgrade should lock 2 weapon slot but then why u need this anyway in commander.
14 Jan 2019, 20:36 PM

Just release the actual Urban Assault Doctrine.

All these abilities and units were once fully implemented and are still in the game.

Edit:
Looked up this commander more and I can agree that the original implementation is overpowered. As such here are my ideas for proper balancing:

2. [2 CP] Urban Assault Panzergrenadiers
-360 manpower
-5x panzergrenadier models
-weaponry upon deployment: 4x assault grenadier mp40s and 1x flamethrower
-can upgrade for 2nd flamethrower for 60 munitions (no more free weapon slots after that)
-has access to satchel charges (identical to penals'), smoke grenades and vet1 medkit
-(no armor upgrade)

5. [12 CP] Strategic Bombing
-He 111 bombers flatten the target area
-300 munitions

About 2)
I would say either double flamer OR 5 men intead of 4 men, but noth both at the same time as it would be cheesy.

About 5)
Not sure, wouldn't it be like the old air supremacy ability from brits then which was extremely annoying?
Why not nerf it in a similar fashion or introduce a slightly changed ability by replacing the HE bombs with incendiary bombs? (tho that would possibly fry and melt weak GPU's, so I dont know about that) :snfPeter:

But I definitely would love to see this doc in the game!
14 Jan 2019, 21:03 PM

The strategic bombing on that commander is four bombers (3 light and one heavy) and it takes about 15/20 seconds for the to arrive, with about 4 seconds between each bomber, so in all its one more bomber then the bright one, takes a lot longer to have an effect and will probably cost more as well (isn't it 300 muni over the brit 250?)
I mean fire bombing would be cooler and fit the commander more but I font think the bombing would be OP
14 Jan 2019, 21:33 PM

Just wanted to add that instead of adding a regular Sherman to the British, you could add a 105, the Sherman IVB. It would be unique for the British, who only have the AVRE as far as bomb-throwing tanks go.
14 Jan 2019, 22:52 PM

From Derby Hat - OST Submission

I feel like this submission for OST have a ton of potential - I love his ideas for new Ostruppen, Pioneers, and Artillery stike. My only quibble are with the Medical Supplies and Hull Down - while thematically appropriate both of the abilities are hardly used as is and would only detract from the commander being a viable one players would want to use IMO.

I would further buff the Pioneer upgrade to add either a 5th man or faster repair speed. I feel entrenching tools, Puma, Panzer 3 (Command Tank w/o Aura or Command Tank), StuG E, etc. Would all fit and also make the commander a bit more attractive.
15 Jan 2019, 11:20 AM

I really like the idea guys! I just have one request and that is to include GUARDS WITH IS-2!!!

Guards with IS-2 is not going to happen. They've been kept away from each other all these years for good reason. The AI/AT Guards spam to stall for techless call-in heavy would be way too powerful.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS