Login

russian armor

New Commander Submission - Discuss

PAGES (10)down
11 Jan 2019, 12:23 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jan 2019, 12:03 PMStark
Did Andy tell about 1 new commander per faction or two? From what i remember there was suppose to be 2. But then i imagine that the first commander is made by community and second by balanceteam

You are confused.

"The first of these updates will be a Commander Revamp, in which we’re aiming to tune up two commanders per faction. We’ll be asking the community which commanders should receive this facelift, and be looking for open discussion on how they can be made better. An expert team will help evaluate and refine ideas, and bring them to the game.

Our second update should be super cool. Each faction in the game will be receiving a brand new commander! In a nutshell, community members will be invited to submit ideas, outlining the theme, units and abilities, and how this commander would improve the faction. We’ll be using these suggestions as inspiration! Again, a community panel will be helping to weigh up the best ideas, test things out, and make necessary changes.

Both of these updates will revolve around units and abilities already in the game (either multi player or single player). However, there’s still plenty of room to get creative. American mortar for the new British doctrine? Possible. Panzer II in the new Wehr doctrine? Could be! Disclaimer - These are the crazy ideas of a Community Manager – pinch of salt."
11 Jan 2019, 12:32 PM

You are confused.

"The first of these updates will be a Commander Revamp, in which we’re aiming to tune up two commanders per faction. We’ll be asking the community which commanders should receive this facelift, and be looking for open discussion on how they can be made better. An expert team will help evaluate and refine ideas, and bring them to the game.

Our second update should be super cool. Each faction in the game will be receiving a brand new commander! In a nutshell, community members will be invited to submit ideas, outlining the theme, units and abilities, and how this commander would improve the faction. We’ll be using these suggestions as inspiration! Again, a community panel will be helping to weigh up the best ideas, test things out, and make necessary changes.

Both of these updates will revolve around units and abilities already in the game (either multi player or single player). However, there’s still plenty of room to get creative. American mortar for the new British doctrine? Possible. Panzer II in the new Wehr doctrine? Could be! Disclaimer - These are the crazy ideas of a Community Manager – pinch of salt."

Thx for clearning this out Sturmpanther.
11 Jan 2019, 13:18 PM

Ive seen many wanting tank hunter doctrine dor okw but i really disagree with it. i understand people want something else than rakketten and more functional than sturmpio shreck, but i cant help it to think it would be waste of commander to try to fix functions of the faction that could be fixed otherwise. I also kinda doubt its use as we saw what it was with soviet tank hinter commander. Its not bad, but not something people use.
11 Jan 2019, 13:30 PM

Ive seen many wanting tank hunter doctrine dor okw but i really disagree with it. i understand people want something else than rakketten and more functional than sturmpio shreck, but i cant help it to think it would be waste of commander to try to fix functions of the faction that could be fixed otherwise. I also kinda doubt its use as we saw what it was with soviet tank hinter commander. Its not bad, but not something people use.

1 simple slot with buildable pak40 or call-in Infantry squad with upgradable 2 shreks will solve OKW AT problem and you will still have 4 slots left. Don't think that's gonna be waste of a commander, to be honest it will be probably totall opposite of that. Most player hate rakketens, they want unit that is more efficient and reliable. Sturmpio aren't upgraded with shrek becouse you really need a sweeping squad, especially in high lvl game so you basicly have to count on your own tanks.

Pak40 or pantherjeager squad with AT weapon will be enough to fill that role.
11 Jan 2019, 14:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jan 2019, 13:30 PMStark

1 simple slot with buildable pak40 or call-in Infantry squad with upgradable 2 shreks will solve OKW AT problem and you will still have 4 slots left. Don't think that's gonna be waste of a commander, to be honest it will be probably totall opposite of that. Most player hate rakketens, they want unit that is more efficient and reliable. Sturmpio aren't upgraded with shrek becouse you really need a sweeping squad, especially in high lvl game so you basicly have to count on your own tanks.

Pak40 or pantherjeager squad with AT weapon will be enough to fill that role.

Why not just buff raketens instead of creating a new commander that fills a gap in an existing lineup and leave actual abilities and new upgrades to the commander? Infantry with an anti-tank package is fine since OKW doesn't get Pgrens, but throwing in a Pak40 for the sake of it doesn't fix the reason that people want, of all things, an anti-tank gun from a commander.
11 Jan 2019, 14:44 PM

Does reusing stuff from CoH1 count as in-game stuff or would that be considered as adding new models (i.e. not allowed) ??
11 Jan 2019, 15:26 PM

Does reusing stuff from CoH1 count as in-game stuff or would that be considered as adding new models (i.e. not allowed) ??

If the model is available and the model is up to quality standards it's a possibility. The concrete bunker added in the Commander Revamp Patch is a CoH1 model. But there's also stuff like a CoH1 Wirbelwind model that just looks out of place due to the lower quality compared to CoH2 vehicle models.
11 Jan 2019, 16:29 PM

IMO, soviets could use new defensive commander(mostly because of german Defensive doctrine uprising), but I cant really put a finger on my thoughts.

Definetly, there are some cool tools for defence in soivet line-up, like PDM-6 light AP-mines and PDM-6M light AT-mines from community defence and "dragon teaths" from there aswell, but I cant really think, what else could we put in here to keep it themed with deep, echeloned defense.
Also, something like "For the Fatherland!"-type ability can be well-themed and useful.

Maybe base-like MG nests? Or some stuff from single-player, like penals with flamers? Or some sort of upgrade for conscripts, like SVT-40's packadge? Off-map rocket barrages for denying territory? I don't want to turn conscripts into 6-man grenadiers, but at the same time i want them to have nearly the same level of performance in defense.

Definetly, any type of premium infantry shouldn't get into said commander, because neither Guards nor assault troops really fits the theme. Maybe, some sort of light veichle might fit well enough, like Lend-lease Jeep with arty ability, simular to the same Jeep from american doctrines, or some sort of molotov traps like "Scorched earth"-ability.
11 Jan 2019, 16:47 PM

is vCoH units from All units mods like pantherturm allow ?
11 Jan 2019, 19:28 PM

If the model is available and the model is up to quality standards it's a possibility. The concrete bunker added in the Commander Revamp Patch is a CoH1 model. But there's also stuff like a CoH1 Wirbelwind model that just looks out of place due to the lower quality compared to CoH2 vehicle models.

There are not vehicle model leftovers from CoH, only the emplacements like the concrete bunker, US medic station, British Artillery emplacement and so on.

The Wilberwind was modded in by eliw00d back in 2013 but Relic disabled importing models into the game since then.

Yes, some were even added in the commander revamp patch like the concrete bunker and 223.
11 Jan 2019, 21:09 PM

It does depend on how many liberties were taken with the unit. The Hetzer, for instance, works, but doesn't look good enough for official inclusion. Same with T-34 Tank Desant.
11 Jan 2019, 21:46 PM

Also, there is another thing
JLIs and Assault engies are confirmed getting nerfed
Im not sure if this is gonna be Relic work only, but if not and the community balance/modding team will be involved, Id like to remind you, to not, for once, repeat the typical mistake of nerfing units into uselesnes with lowering all the stats at once and increasing the costs at the same time
With the nerfing, this time, BE VERY, VERY SUBTLE!!
12 Jan 2019, 06:10 AM

Panzerbusche unlock for WH or OKW would be pretty sweet.
12 Jan 2019, 08:34 AM

Can I just ask if people use abilities from other commanders in the new one, can we make sure they work?
Just seeing with the brit one the one people seem to like the most has hold the line, which sounds good but it still almost never effects sectors, or doesn't effect the sector you want it to
12 Jan 2019, 09:47 AM

So I post a day late and my year-old idea/mod looks like the ripoff?
I even had the No. 77 WP grenades...

I'm sorry you feel that way.

My inspiration for the Assault "Tommy" Section was from the Europe at War mod since the Canadians there also have such a 4 man squad armed with Thompsons and grenades, you can check it out yourself if you don't believe me.

For the mortar it's pretty obvious where it comes from altho your idea is also pretty unique as well so I really don't see a problem here, I'm fine with whatever they choose as long as it's mobile and doesn't cost fuel and of course, doesn't come out when the game is pretty much already over lol.

As far as the M10 Achilles goes, I got that idea from the All Units Mod to which I posted a picture of at the bottom of my topic as well.

But thanks for the idea of the WP grenade, I'll add it to my suggestion and credit you for it since I realized that the mortar is going to have smoke already anyhow.

Keep up the good work with the commander mods and your suggestions, like I said I had no intentions of making you feel like a rip-off, I guess great minds just think alike.

Edit: I also just wanted to mention here that I noticed how mine and Nigo's suggestions were alike for the Soviets so that's why I changed mine to a more defensive oriented commander rather than pretty much the same Lend-Lease one as him, I'm just noting the funny fact that we again had the same idea.

Slightly changed submission of A.Soldier to bring Brits back in 1vs1 with an aggressive commander.
(He already wrote most of what I would have, thumbs up for that man)

Change 1: Assault Tommies could have a flamer upgrade or phosporus nade for clearing of buildings and defensive positions

Change 2: Take out "Hold the line" and add something aggressive like Land Mattress (Canadians used it too) or Recon Plane to kill or recon enemy fortified lines and strengthen the overall attack value of this commander even further.

Like I said I'll replace the smoke grenades with the WP in my suggestion, flamethrowers however I believe would be too OP as you can see they had a flamethrower section of sorts in some of the artwork for the UKF but decided it was ultimately hell to balance so they abandoned the idea.

Land Mattress is I think something best left to the other Assault regiment commander but I'm really starting to like the idea of the 4.2 inch mortar.

I really like this.

I would definitely give the assault section a WP grenade either modeled after the comet shell in grenade form or the obers' blendkorpfer (so it either doesn't slow infantry and doesn't block LoS a la comet or does slow infantry and block LoS like obers) possibly along with a normal mills bomb too (obers have the same thing and they don't even share cooldown, and these are supposed to be assault infantry).

Also I would probably replace either hold the line or strafing support with something else just so its not overly offmap airstrike heavy. Maybe vehicle crew repair to help out with repairing groups of achilles, but then again that ability is in a lot of commanders so I don't really know. Just food for thought.

Already mentioned the WP grenade above twice.

As far as the Hold the Line goes yeah you're probably right about the overly much air support here that only works half the time, I'm thinking of either crew repairs or the air supply operation from the Tactical Support Regiment and to replace the mortar team with RoastinGhost's 4.2 inch mortar idea instead.

Canadian infantrymen can be reinforced with body armor, since in most cases it was worn under a uniform, there is no need to change the skin, only the characteristics.

They could have a sort of upgrade like the Urban Assault Panzergrenadiers' "survival" one.
12 Jan 2019, 10:01 AM

(Update) Faction + Commander Name :
USF Combined Assault Company
Theme: Recon + airsupport + lategame tank

Slot 1 :
0CP - Pathfinders
This pathfinders can mark target enemy.
tanks.
(Normal pathfiners with extra ability)

Slot 2 :
2CP - Veteran Squad Leaders (New Ability)
50mp and 60mu
six man rifleman upgrade

Slot 3 :
3CP - Browning M1919A6 Light Machine Gun

Slot 4 :
9CP - P47 Single Rocket Run (ardenes dlc)
130muni

Slot 5 :
10CP - Command sherman e8
400mp 150fu
This command unit will improve realod time and sight radius to all tanks.

Strategies and Rational
12 Jan 2019, 10:35 AM

Can I just ask if people use abilities from other commanders in the new one, can we make sure they work?
Just seeing with the brit one the one people seem to like the most has hold the line, which sounds good but it still almost never effects sectors, or doesn't effect the sector you want it to

It could be actually an opportunity to fix or tweak certain units or abilities, just like what was done in the Commander Revamp Patch by including Jaeger Light Infantry in OKW's Overwatch doctrine to give them a minor overhaul.
12 Jan 2019, 14:11 PM

Why not just buff raketens instead of creating a new commander that fills a gap in an existing lineup and leave actual abilities and new upgrades to the commander? Infantry with an anti-tank package is fine since OKW doesn't get Pgrens, but throwing in a Pak40 for the sake of it doesn't fix the reason that people want, of all things, an anti-tank gun from a commander.

Rakketen is a diffrent form of AT gun from any other faction and feels kinda diffrent role - buffing it won't change anything. It's less of main line, frontline AT weapon but favours more of stealth, sneaky playstyle (smaller range, crew more vulnerable but can retreat and has a cammo). There can be said a lot about Rakketen but generally speaking it has his pros and cons.

Adding pak40 into OKW unit ruster in a new commander would give something new, fresh to the faction. Players who doesn't like using rakkten, who are facing more heavy tanks that rakketenwerefer cannot penerate easily, players who prefer more static gameplay and want longer range AT weapon that costs only Manpower.

Plus OKW doesn't really have a lot of AT abilities, upgrades and call-in units in currect commanders. Pak40 is a reasonable unit to add or at least taken into account. Would fit perfectly with for example call-in tiger I "e" tank.

12 Jan 2019, 17:46 PM

Thank you for the shoutouts here on and your suggestion.
I shouldn't have been so dickish toward you. It was just hard seeing someone else receive praise for a very similar idea, when I've gotten very little feedback (and the nicest feedback was from you, actually). I've put hundreds of hours into that mod.

So, I'm sorry, and your response was better than I deserved.

I'm actually thrilled to see the reception that concept is getting, though!
12 Jan 2019, 18:08 PM

In my opinion, the new commanders of USF, OKW and UKF should in some way include the models of unique doctrinal units. For example, Panzerfusiliers have a unique model and unique voice acting, yet they are only in 1 out of 8 doctrines. Why does Relic hide it's detailed work like that? In CoH 1, a doctrinal unit like Stormtroopers would automatically be in 33.3% percent of the doctrines, and as such, would be seen more frequently on the battlefield.
This goes for units like Assault Engineers, US Paratroopers or Panzerfusiliers. As for Jaegers, I oppose any further use of that model. Not only is the Jaeger model a lazy reskin of Panzergrenadiers, it is also already overused on Wehr AND OKW units. Again, Relic is presenting the hard work of its artists in a weird way by giving one of the most lazily made unit models so much spotlight.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS