Login

russian armor

Feedback for Commander Revamppatch

PAGES (107)down
18 Oct 2018, 19:54 PM

As for the KV-8, there is an "M" version that was equipped with 2 flamethrowers, I guess one replacing the main gun and one replacing the Hull MG, like on the OT-34. Speaking of which here's a picture depicting a KV-8 with it's co-axial flamethrower and an OT-34, the flamethrower version of the T-34:

I guess the KV-8 could be made into an all out flamethrower tank similar to the Flamm-Hetzer if it won't fire it's main gun together with the flamethrower.
18 Oct 2018, 19:59 PM

If Sturmtiger is not to be shuffled around, I would definitely opt for giving Overwatch the Jagdtiger. It really fits the doctrine and it would synergise well with the early warning flares and Jaegers. Sector artillery would - as Katitof mentioned - put too much munition strain on the doctrine that already has the Goliaths and For the Fatherland. It also gives players who want the Jagdtiger an option for a doctrine other than the useless-besides-PF-and-JT-Breakthrough.
18 Oct 2018, 20:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2018, 19:39 PMKatitof

Then overwatch would be way too much of a muni strain. You couldn't use it because of goliath and vice versa.

In regards to KV-8, that's not possible, because contrary to churchill croc, KV-8 uses same barrel for cannon and flamer, while churchills flamer was mounted on the hull. Yes, soviets literally plugged fuel hose to gun barrel and started going wild with it.

It however could go same way as churchill went and its cannon could be improved.
Not damage obviously, but I'd personally go with either RoF or penetration. Its more obvious way then buffing flamer in any way and with its new vet, its durable enough once it reaches it.

No, this is a coaxial flamethrower, in fact it is the same KV-1, only instead of a coaxial machine gun installed flamethrower. Both weapons use one sight, so that the KV-8 can simultaneously use a gun and a flamethrower. The flamethrower does not use diesel fuel for the engine. The tank has barrels for 690 liters of fire mixture (40% kerosene and 60% fuel oil).
18 Oct 2018, 20:03 PM

It does in fact replace the coaxial.

Yes, I got little ahead, however the 2nd part still stands, the hose had to be removed to use the gun.
Zoe
18 Oct 2018, 20:07 PM

We are thinking about to make a change on Overwatch again. Also about kv8 and the new bunker from wehrmacht
So pls wait until next week, because we are waiting for the Cupfinal is done.

Will anything be done about the two British commanders too? I do feel they are rather underwhelming at the moment, especially considering 1v1. I made a rather lenghty post about the Valentine a few days ago for example and I believe A. Soldier also wrote something about Royal artillery being only viable in teamgames and tactical support being in an odd spot.
18 Oct 2018, 20:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2018, 20:03 PMKatitof

Yes, I got little ahead, however the 2nd part still stands, the hose had to be removed to use the gun.

Oh, ok; that makes sense. I also think that swapping weapons is a cool feature to have in game. I like your idea of a penetration buff for the gun. That way, it can hold its own a little better against more armored vehicles, but not become more dominant over infantry and light vehicles.
18 Oct 2018, 20:21 PM

If Sturmtiger is not to be shuffled around, I would definitely opt for giving Overwatch the Jagdtiger. It really fits the doctrine and it would synergise well with the early warning flares and Jaegers. Sector artillery would - as Katitof mentioned - put too much munition strain on the doctrine that already has the Goliaths and For the Fatherland. It also gives players who want the Jagdtiger an option for a doctrine other than the useless-besides-PF-and-JT-Breakthrough.

+1
18 Oct 2018, 21:00 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

I feel like breakthrough would be improved a lot if A) we actually made the sturm offizer perform like an actual unit. I.e. rework it's stats, cost, timing etc, gave it veterancy since it doesn't have it, and lastly looked at the abilities a bit. B) Make breakthrough artillery not drop on the sector point, but somewhere in the sector and ONLY in the sector where you did select.

Also can we re-add the "fallschirmjaegar on ze field" line when they drop in? That was either removed or forgotten about when they changed from an infiltration unit.
18 Oct 2018, 21:13 PM

I agree with zoe that the Brit commander revamps seem a bit underwhelming. I like the royal arty rework but tactical support still feels pretty underwhelming in general. The only idea I really have for it is giving them an infantry squad in addition to or instead of the forward observation point along the theme of an artillery officer or something, with the same abilities as the observation point. That way it wouldn’t be so situational and static. As if the brits need more static elements. Maybe give the squad smgs and make it similar to the ostheer artillery officer as good infantry support and a decent cqc squad that can hold its own in combat, as that’s another thing brits lack in their vanilla unit roster.

I feel like breakthrough would be improved a lot if A) we actually made the sturm offizer perform like an actual unit. I.e. rework it's stats, cost, timing etc, gave it veterancy since it doesn't have it, and lastly looked at the abilities a bit. B) Make breakthrough artillery not drop on the sector point, but somewhere in the sector and ONLY in the sector where you did select.

Also can we re-add the "fallschirmjaegar on ze field" line when they drop in? That was either removed or forgotten about when they changed from an infiltration unit.

+1

Maybe decrease the cost but also make it a more normal, comparably precise (compared to the entire sector) barrage.
18 Oct 2018, 21:28 PM

Could you make the CavRifle Thompsons cheaper again and make them use a weapon slot each? Kinda like Volksgrenadiers STGs, doesn't feel like a good idea to give them a BAR or Bazooka when they are CQC troops anyway.
18 Oct 2018, 22:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2018, 19:43 PMKasarov

I could've sworn the flamethrower just replaced the coaxial and not the main gun. I wouldn't think the KV-8 would even be able to swap to the main gun at all if it really used the main gun barrel.

You are correct the flamethrower was coaxial and 76.2mm gun was replaced with 45mm to make room. In order for the smaller caliber gun to be disguised, a tube was fitted around the 45mm gun to make it look like a 76.2mm gun.
19 Oct 2018, 05:49 AM

Regarding Sanders proposal to give Overwatch the JT too:

• Wehrmacht has 2 Ele docs and 5 Tiger docs (icl. Tiger Ace)
  • Soviets have 2 SU-15s docs, 2 IS-2 docs + 2 KV-2 docs (incl. new Urban Defense), + several docs providing KV-1 / T-34/85
  • Brits will have 3 Croc docs (incl. new Tactical support)

WHY SHOULD OKW DOESN'T HAVE 2 DOCS WITH THE JT?
19 Oct 2018, 05:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2018, 19:50 PMSmartie

As Sander said: We like the changes of the Sturmtiger (and in Elite Armor in generel) but feel the unit would be better fit to "overwatch" replacing the leFh. If you dont want to move the Sturmtiger, fine, but I personally don't think that sector arty is enough to make "overwatch" doctrine worthwhile.
Would the mod team consider ideas like giving Sturms the option to lay tellers / build demos (merged with goliath to "demolitian experts" ability) or - as Stark suggested- giving Jaegers upgrade option for 2 Schrecks?

Let's look at Overwatch commander: goliat (ammo), early waring (passive), jeagers (call-in), for the fatherland (ammo), sector artillery (heavy ammo). Honestly the only big diffrence between this or the basic version would only be jeagers and that's not enough to consider this commander as successfully revamped

The ideas we suggested (2x shrek for jeagers and demolition experts), plus g43 upgrade for Jeagers are again another ammunition base abilities therefore they shouldn't be implemented in pair with proposed by Sturmpanther Sector Artillery. That slot (in place for Sector arty) is perfect for a call-in late game unit.

First option is to add Jagtiger. My personal dream would be to move Sturmtiger to Overwatch where it could shine in his best - in "explosion Michael Bay style commader" and Elite Armor could get some elite armor call-in (Tiger I "E" would make sense). Theme of both would be kept and both commander would gain from that.
19 Oct 2018, 07:24 AM

Yes, Breakthrough has potential but currently the Sturm Offizier is practically useless and Assault Artillery is broken (as half the shells land outside the targeted sector), making the doctrine pretty lacking except for Panzerfusiliers and the Jagdtiger. Sadly Elite Armor and Overwatch were even more in need of a revamp so we won't be able to see changes to Breakthrough anytime soon.

Shuffling OKW heavy callins around has been a discussion for quite some time now because most of them would thematically fit much better in other doctrines.

I think it would be a good start to give Overwatch either the Sturmtiger (moved from Elite Armor and replaced there by a Tiger I Ausf. E) or - less radically - the Jagdtiger (alongside the one in Breakthrough). Either unit would fit the doctrine really well both thematically and mechanically and adding a call-in as the 5th slot instead of an ability would avoid a munitions strain.

It would also potentially open up options to tweak the Jagdtiger a bit.
19 Oct 2018, 07:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Oct 2018, 05:49 AMSmartie

Regarding Sanders proposal to give Overwatch the JT too:

• Wehrmacht has 2 Ele docs and 5 Tiger docs (icl. Tiger Ace)
  • Soviets have 2 SU-15s docs, 2 IS-2 docs + 2 KV-2 docs (incl. new Urban Defense), + several docs providing KV-1 / T-34/85
  • Brits will have 3 Croc docs (incl. new Tactical support)

WHY SHOULD OKW DOESN'T HAVE 2 DOCS WITH THE JT?

because jt is cancer in teamgames so no thx
19 Oct 2018, 08:47 AM

because jt is cancer in teamgames so no thx

Are you serious? The JT is super expensive, comes even later than the elefant and is barely seen in teamgames anymore. Besides that the unit can't even 2 shot mediums anymore.
How can be the JT considered as "cancer"???
19 Oct 2018, 15:28 PM

I get the sense that if they think putting panzerfuss into Overwatch was too radical an idea, the JT definitely won't be considered.

It's a good idea though, it could use an overhaul and fits the commander theme. Right now it's just a liability to use in competitive matches, I'd be happy if it were given the same stats/price as an Elephant really.
19 Oct 2018, 15:45 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

As for the KV-8, there is an "M" version that was equipped with 2 flamethrowers, I guess one replacing the main gun and one replacing the Hull MG, like on the OT-34. Speaking of which here's a picture depicting a KV-8 with it's co-axial flamethrower and an OT-34, the flamethrower version of the T-34:

I guess the KV-8 could be made into an all out flamethrower tank similar to the Flamm-Hetzer if it won't fire it's main gun together with the flamethrower.

There are only two serial variants for KV-8:
1. KV-8 based on KV-1, which we have in the game
2. KV-8S based on KV-1S(this one pictured on your image). It means new hull, turret and new flamethrower as well (ATO-42 instead of ATO-41).
IMO 45-mm gun should remain as functional. Tank has it, and there is no reason to switch it off. I still fail to understand, why it can't shoot with all weapons together. This gun is not OP for sure, and it won't make KV-8 into second Crocodile.
19 Oct 2018, 15:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Oct 2018, 15:28 PMSully
I get the sense that if they think putting panzerfuss into Overwatch was too radical an idea, the JT definitely won't be considered.

It's a good idea though, it could use an overhaul and fits the commander theme. Right now it's just a liability to use in competitive matches, I'd be happy if it were given the same stats/price as an Elephant really.

+1
JT should come 1 CP earlier and cost as much as the elephant. I really dont see no reason what justifies more CP/ressources.

Btw: If the mod teams wants to be conservative about changes -fine- you dont have to like this direction but at least its a direction. What i can not understand is why putting JT to "overwatch" is considered to radical when Soviets get KV-2 to "urban defense" and Brits get the buffed crocodile to "tactical support".
19 Oct 2018, 16:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Oct 2018, 15:28 PMSully

I would certainly like that. Performance brought down to Elefant levels (but mobility up a bit). Price can be a bit higher due to access to abilities and higher armor. Abilities could be looked at, because they don't work properly. And remove the engine upgrade, as it already costs an insane 720MP and 280FU.

If someone from the team could let us know if giving a Jagdtiger to Overwatch would be considered an option, we could start to gather feedback/suggestions for a minor overhaul for the unit. I'm glad to see the community seems to like the idea.
PAGES (107)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS