Login

russian armor

2v2 map veto stats

7 Jun 2018, 20:27 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Have a contest and they will come...

on another note, does SiphonX have stats on how much the new 2v2 maps are being played?

I thought I make a new post here rather than posting in the 4v4 thread -_-

Here are the number of 2v2 automatch games per map that I found with my extraction script between 11th of April and the 7th of April (note, I did exclude the time up to the 11th of April because I found that after release new maps do get a somewhat of a bonus, which seemed to wear off over time; so the numbers below are reasonably stable).

Total number of games: 130364

...and then there was one game on "The Don" :S

Edit: In case you are wondering how I get those, check out this article.
7 Jun 2018, 20:34 PM

Permanently Banned
Aahah every hate minsk on words here, but play :clap:
Thats why dont need trust to elite players words :)
Its like in NBA, Westbrook is MVP, but fans of basketball know who are real MVP.
7 Jun 2018, 20:35 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

I thought I make a new post here rather than posting in the 4v4 thread -_-

Here are the number of 2v2 automatch games per map that I found with my extraction script between 11th of April and the 7th of April (note, I did exclude the time up to the 11th of April because I found that after release new maps do get a somewhat of a bonus, which seemed to wear off over time; so the numbers below are reasonably stable).

Total number of games: 130364

...and then there was one game on "The Don" :S

Edit: In case you are wondering how I get those, check out this article.

Awesome as always, tho i can't belive that road to kharov is soo high... Have to be something with the mappool rotation i guess.
7 Jun 2018, 20:38 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Awesome as always, tho i can't belive that road to kharov is soo high... Have to be something with the mappool rotation i guess.

If you check the older post, the top three is the same as it was more than a year ago...
7 Jun 2018, 20:41 PM

Permanently Banned
Just check what kind of maps are most playble, and ask question why ?
Coz its are god maps to play together, side vs side and mid. Thay are compact. Teamplay.
And i am not surprised that Kharkov are so hight, coz better play there, than on Ettebruck or some of new maps. Another question why vaux are so deep.
7 Jun 2018, 21:40 PM

Excellent work! Thank you very much.

EDIT:
That is what I figured. The new 2v2 maps play much better than most of the current 2v2 maps in rotation. And players clearly agree.

NOTES OF INTEREST(I do not play 2v2 much):
Poltawa won the 2v2 contest but the mid buildings seem to scare players off. I always found engagements happened in the open more often than I would like as well, I attributed it to my noob play style. Some have said the map is too narrow and creates impassable MG walls.

Alliance of Defiance seemed as though balance may be an issue with the green cover centers. But every game I had on AOD was fun. Glad to see it is doing well.

FOW and Stadtschutt I only cued a couple times during automatch. Both seemed to play good on those few games. I had no complaints.

I would rate the new maps very similar to the played/veto chart SiphonX was kind enough to provide.

OTHER NOTES:
The other note is that Moscow Outskirts sucks, but there are two of them so it is artificially inflated and should also be at the bottom of the list.

Rails and Metal is also pretty bad, I have no idea how this 'train wreck' is the most played map. That map could be fixed in about an hour. But that will never happen. Anyone have a copy on steam I will fix it for my own pleasure :)

This all supports my thoughts that we need a 3v3 or 4v4 map contest soon. I predict we will see similar charts afterwards.
7 Jun 2018, 22:26 PM

Amazing. Thanks.
8 Jun 2018, 07:29 AM

What suprises me is that Stadtschutt is the least played new map. From all the new maps I like it the most.

Also suprising that Vaux is vetoed so much.

No suprise about Ettelbruck and Lierneaux being the least played maps. They are just garbage.
8 Jun 2018, 09:26 AM

Rail & Metal is my fist veto as allied... Too narrow.
8 Jun 2018, 12:47 PM
Donator 22

Could we perhaps exchange Lierneux or Ettelbruck for some older maps, that fell out of the Mappool? Eindhoven Country would be my favourite, but Schilberg would be good too. Almost every community map is better than Lierneux.
8 Jun 2018, 13:02 PM

Could we perhaps exchange Lierneux or Ettelbruck for some older maps, that fell out of the Mappool? Eindhoven Country would be my favourite, but Schilberg would be good too. Almost every community map is better than Lierneux.

Or perhaps a couple more of the maps from the 2v2 map contest? :luvCarrot:
8 Jun 2018, 13:29 PM

Relic should do that intel and after few months 2 or 3 maps that are the lowest should be removed and replaced in a map pool
8 Jun 2018, 14:04 PM

Its beyond me why a map such as Ettelbruck still exist in 2s.

Its the ultimate HMG+arty fest.
8 Jun 2018, 14:04 PM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jun 2018, 13:29 PMStark
Relic should do that intel and after few months 2 or 3 maps that are the lowest should be removed and replaced in a map pool

In fairness, the December patch did just that, removing Rzehv, Gelsenkirchen and Düsseldorf.
8 Jun 2018, 14:07 PM

+1 to bringing back Einhoven Country in exchange for one of the more hated maps. It had a few balance issues that could easily be fixed but otherwise I always enjoyed playing on it.
8 Jun 2018, 17:44 PM
Donator 22

+1 to bringing back Einhoven Country in exchange for one of the more hated maps. It had a few balance issues that could easily be fixed but otherwise I always enjoyed playing on it.

I think most of them got fixed. At least the Map currently on the Modding hub has no glaring issues and is a lot of fun to play.
8 Jun 2018, 18:33 PM

Rails and metal is a horrible map, cannot believe that is #1
8 Jun 2018, 19:41 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

#BringbackEindhovenCountry

Anyone remember why it was removed in first place when at that point, we had way more maps which felt worst ?
8 Jun 2018, 20:58 PM

In fairness, the December patch did just that, removing Rzehv, Gelsenkirchen and Düsseldorf.

yep, just hope they won't stop on that and they will do the same thing in near future
8 Jun 2018, 21:52 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

#BringbackEindhovenCountry

Anyone remember why it was removed in first place when at that point, we had way more maps which felt worst ?

I can't. It happend, when i had no power/ influence in this game.
I just remember i had an awesome game vs price and giap, with vet5jp heatmuni and commandopanther passiv buff: oneshooting allies tank...

Was exactly for 3 years
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS