Login

russian armor

Churchill tank is the most OP unit ingame

• This thread is locked
PAGES (9)down
10 Sep 2018, 21:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2018, 21:13 PMKatitof

DPS against what also matters.

Churchill struggles against OKW P4 and vet2 ost P4.
It can't go up against anything bigger frontally and I don't need to say that won't be flanking anything with it.

Churchill does not struggle vs OKW panzer 4 and ostheer vet 2 panzer 4, stop spreading crap from your backside
10 Sep 2018, 21:45 PM
Donator 11

Oh god they necroed the threaddd
10 Sep 2018, 21:45 PM

Did a quick test:

Churchill vs OKW P4 on medium range. Result: OKW Panzer 4 is dead and Churchill has 65% of his HP left. Conclusion: Churchill struggles against OKW P4

10 Sep 2018, 21:55 PM

Because of its huge HP pool the Churchill even has a fair chance against the Panther since the Panther's armor nerf. And if you finally manage to almost kill it, it can deploy the smoke screen while retreating and has a fair chance to vanish completely. It is pretty much the most (cost) effective heavy tank in the game.
10 Sep 2018, 22:19 PM

Did a quick test:

Churchill vs OKW P4 on medium range. Result: OKW Panzer 4 is dead and Churchill has 65% of his HP left. Conclusion: Churchill struggles against OKW P4

It struggles the same way KV-1 does.

It does not mean it'll lose or come close to.
It means it has a very hard time actually penetrating and finishing it off.

Compare how long it takes for churchill to kill that OKW P4 vs a Comet vs OKW P4 and you will start getting the idea.

Churchill is damage sponge, not damage dealer, whoever believes churchills firepower is OP, can't handle T34 either.
10 Sep 2018, 22:47 PM

It can't go up against anything bigger frontally and I don't need to say that won't be flanking anything with it.

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2018, 22:19 PMKatitof

Compare how long it takes for churchill to kill that OKW P4 vs a Comet vs OKW P4 and you will start getting the idea.

Churchill is damage sponge, not damage dealer, whoever believes churchills firepower is OP, can't handle T34 either.

So in other words the Churchill/KV-1 will win the fight clearly but it will still straggle.

Actually Churchill has a better chance to penetrate PzIV's front and read armor (it has 100% chance to penetrate rear) than PzIV to penetrate the Churchill's.

In other words Churchill has better "DPS" vs PzIV than vice versa.

Churchill vs OKW PzIV Front/Rear
58%/100%
51%/100%
45%/100%

OKW PzIV vs Churchill F/R
52%/69%
48%/64%
46%/61%

So according to katitof's "straggle", the PzIV also straggles vs Churchill.

Would be nice if people use terms like "straggle" with their dictionary meaning and not as they see fit?

(Edited data since some people have issues the same people should understand that the data provided are the chance for Churchill to penetrate the front and the read armor of OKW PzIV separate by /)
10 Sep 2018, 23:24 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Just no. If you're losing a churchill against a p4 you need to seek advice on how to face your frontal armor.
10 Sep 2018, 23:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2018, 22:19 PMKatitof

Panther takes longer to Finnish off a t-34 compared to a jp4 vs a t-34. Conclusion = Panther sucks vs t34. sick logic u got ther mate

11 Sep 2018, 05:27 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

In this thread, people fighting head on tanks without micro for minutes.

I recall that game. Again i'm not saying its blatantly OP, but it is difficult to deal with. As I remember in that game luvnest lost because he didn't have the repairs to keep both his fireflies and the churchill on the field at the same time. That doesn't have much to do with the churchill so much as a missplay.

Luvnest lost, because having 2x Churchill + FF is a one dimensional way of playing. He didn't had the popcap to sustain been able to field 2/3 RE, some support weapons and infantry squads.
I found the game, and Talisman was holding him with a Command PV, a PIV and a single raketen. All because 5 STG Volks > 2 IS + 1 Commando
11 Sep 2018, 10:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2018, 22:47 PMVipper

So in other words the Churchill/KV-1 will win the fight clearly but it will still straggle.

Actually Churchill has a better chance to penetrate PzIV's front and read armor (it has 100% chance to penetrate rear) than PzIV to penetrate the Churchill's.

In other words Churchill has better "DPS" vs PzIV than vice versa.

0.58%/100%
0.51%/100%
0.45%/100%

0.52%/0.69%
0.48%/0.64%
0.46%/0.61%

So according to katitof's "straggle" PzIV also straggles vs Churchill.

Would be nice if people use terms like "straggle" with their dictionary meaning and not as they see fit?

Didn't know those units were static.
11 Sep 2018, 10:44 AM
Admin Red  Badge

Offtopic posts #110 and #111 invised. Please stay on topic.
11 Sep 2018, 10:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2018, 10:19 AMEsxile

Didn't know those units were static.

I am not sure what you mean but even you park a Ostheer PzIV in the rear of the Churchill it will still probably lose since the frontal armor of the PzIV is equal to rear armor of the Churchill which has one of the highest rear armor values in the game.
11 Sep 2018, 10:50 AM

0.58%/100%
0.51%/100%
0.45%/100%

0.52%/0.69%
0.48%/0.64%
0.46%/0.61%

The stats that Vipper provides are completely misleading anybody who would read the forums, due to the arbitrary placement of the decimal separator, the mis-use of percentage symbol, and the divider symbol. The penetration values not zero point something percentage, but clearly different.

This error makes some stats that you provided look like they are only able to penetrate e.g. 0.52% of the time (less than 1%) whilst other can penetrate 100% of the time. I have corrected that massive error based on the values you have provided (and rounded the values). If you bask on correcting others, make sure you are correct yourself.

58% vs 100%
51% vs 100%
45% vs 100%

52% vs 69%
48% vs 64%
46% vs 61%
11 Sep 2018, 11:01 AM

(Edited data since some people have reading issues the same people should understand that the data provided are the chance for Churchill to penetrate the front and the read armor of OKW PzIV separate by /)

I tried to be friendly and help you out, and I appreciate you changing your values according to my post. There is absolutely no need for such personal insults and offensive comments added as hidden edits in previous posts as a reponse. I consider this as inconsiderable and inappropriate. It was your error and lack of giving the proper stats; don't say other people in the forum have "issues" because you're wrong again. I have sent you a PM to start this discussion thread privately.

I would appreciate if you were open in the future and not saying people have "issues" if you are highly unclear.
11 Sep 2018, 11:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2018, 10:48 AMVipper

I am not sure what you mean but even you park a Ostheer PzIV in the rear of the Churchill it will still probably lose since the frontal armor of the PzIV is equal to rear armor of the Churchill which has one of the highest rear armor values in the game.

Even if you park a stuart in the rear of the Pz4, it will still lose. But the Stuart is still more mobile and can perform other tasks. If your opponent went Churchill, you should have tech T4 for a Panther. Or hunted for the Sapper squads to reduce his capability to repair his units.

In that case, your stat are interesting but doesn't mean nothing in term of gameplay between both unit.
11 Sep 2018, 11:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2018, 11:09 AMEsxile

Even if you park a stuart in the rear of the Pz4, it will still lose. But the Stuart is still more mobile and can perform other tasks. If your opponent went Churchill, you should have tech T4 for a Panther. Or hunted for the Sapper squads to reduce his capability to repair his units.

In that case, your stat are interesting but doesn't mean nothing in term of gameplay between both unit.

I merely pointed out, as other also did, that Churchill does not straggle vs PzIV as someone claims, a point you seem to agree with since you suggested going Panthers.

In addition I pointed the very high rear armor value of the Churchill.
11 Sep 2018, 11:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2018, 11:17 AMVipper

I merely pointed out that Churchill does not straggle vs PzIV as someone claim a point you seem to agree with since you suggested going Panthers.

In addition I pointed the very high rear armor value of the Churchill.

I double checked, and both Churchill and PzIV are units that are able to straggle (even against each other) within the game with a bit of micro, despite the Churchill's slow speed. Did you mean something else?
11 Sep 2018, 11:24 AM

Since certain unnamed individuals seem to have extremely hard time grasping context of the post they are attempting to respond to and need everything laid down directly to even begin to comprehend something and not being confused a clarification is in order:

-The context was about churchills -DAMAGE- which confused people would notice themselves, if they had attention span long enough to read the post quoted in the post they got so worked up with

-With above in mind and with context of the post, aka firepower, being already established, can you claim with a straight face that churchill boasts a great firepower? Or will you get off the blue pill and acknowledge that it is a heavy tank with medium tanks firepower, therefore, still in the context of firepower, it will struggle to penetrate aka damage certain high armor units, resulting in a very long time to kill and no way to shorten it up because of very poor mobility.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS