Login

russian armor

Churchill tank is the most OP unit ingame

• This thread is locked
PAGES (9)down
7 Apr 2018, 00:44 AM

Permanently Banned
P4 can't afford to circle strafe. The p4 needs at least 8 shots to kill it and only pens from the front half the time. Meanwhile the churchill needs only 4 penetrating shots. I'm pretty sure I'd put my money on the churchill in a 1v1 fight (not saying I expect a p4 to win). The only tanks that can solo a churchill are panther fuel cost and above. Or if you have enough vision to last you 10 (8 penetrating) shots from an axis TD which is highly unlikely.
7 Apr 2018, 00:53 AM
Benefactor 392

if you damage it's engine you swear it's sitting still.
7 Apr 2018, 01:07 AM

need 2 penning hits to be able to damage the church, so i guess theres that
why not give it the rec damage modifier like the kv1 got so it feeds less vet and repairs a bit quicker. keep its EHP the same
7 Apr 2018, 02:24 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Welp I guess it's time to throw some facts about counters into this thread. The churchill and other heavies similar to it like the KV-1 are in no means "OP". They have a specific niche situation where they can fuck you really hard if they catch you off guard though. Due to the units large HP pool and decent armor and gun it can engage P4s easily and come out on top. Panthers, while easily able to pen these tanks are not a serious threat due to the panther RoF vs the heavy HP pool. It simply takes too long for the panther to kill these tanks unless they're snared. So the only other option is massed AT walls made of AT guns or StuGs/JP4.

This is why they can catch you off guard in a 1v1 match. Say you're playing as OKW and get your p4 out, and then all the sudden a KV-1 comes out. Your p4 has barely over 50% chance to pen at min range frontally and far less HP which makes trading very bad against this tank. While the KV-1 isn't expected to kill the p4, it cannot effectivly be pushed away by the p4, meaning the KV-1 has free reign of the field depending on the AT gun situation. This situation lasts for 5-6 minutes until you can field a JP4 which is one of the only effective counters vs these types of tanks. The JP4 is also a specialized TD which has its limits in the 1v1 matchup as well, further limiting your composition. This is one of the reasons the churchill crocodile was so effective before DBP, since it couldn't be countered by panthers or p4s well and also eliminated AT walls easily, leaving only the JP4 and StuG capable of dealing with the tank. So if you didn't happen to have those tanks on the field or were far off from them, you likely got your ass kicked by the croc.

Ostheer is in a better position than OKW against these tanks because the StuG is dirt cheap at 90F. While you may need 2 of them to effectivly kill it or pak TWPs, they're not undefeatable.

In summary: You need your factions designated AT units to kill tanks. shocker.
8 Apr 2018, 18:30 PM

You REALLY need to learn how mechanics like
-range
-acceleration
-sight range
work if you do not want to make a laughing stock out of yourself anymore.

Churchill chased down nothing on that vid, it flanked and closed in enough distance to pull off one more shot, would the panther be at max range, it would never had slimmest shadow of a chance to do that, but I refuse to believe you're that ignorant and stupid to not see that yourself, so I'll simply assume you're trolling bad.

Oh, you also need to learn what "chasing" actually means. Hell, go and ask vipper, he is amazing guy when it comes to explaining meanings of words!

Your british fanboyism is showing..
8 Apr 2018, 18:33 PM

although u are right about kat the churchill is no way an op unit, the only thing u could argue is the high rear armor but it needs it if it is soo slow, if they buffed its speed then u can nerf the rear armor
8 Apr 2018, 19:09 PM

The Churchill is not the most powerful tank in the game.

It's not even the most powerful tank in UKF.
11 Apr 2018, 14:31 PM

need 2 penning hits to be able to damage the church, so i guess theres that
why not give it the rec damage modifier like the kv1 got so it feeds less vet and repairs a bit quicker. keep its EHP the same

=========

I like that. And I agree. Give it less health, but, say, a -20% received damage.

- I am amused by all these people saying it's so wrong that a Panzer 4 has trouble with it 1vs1.
I wonder if we began a thread about how it's unfair that a T34/76 can't take out a tiger 1vs1.

Same issue here, really.

And how is that different from KV1 vs 1 Pz4 ?
11 Apr 2018, 14:37 PM

Actually, I agree with everything Katitof said, here.
It was more of an ambush situation, Churchill can't really chase down anything.

And whatever Katitof may be, he is NOT a british fanboi in the least.
More of a calling your bull*-ism.
11 Apr 2018, 14:50 PM

The Churchill is OP? Of all the things the Brits have/use to have, you claim the Churchill is OP? Maybe back when it had 280 armour and 1600 health yeah, those days are long over.
11 Apr 2018, 21:37 PM

A churchy without support is a dead Churchill. Tank destroyers and a snare or any combo of snare and good at obliterates it. It’s a sponge that can shield while others flank and attack.

It’s not op when it’s alone but with combined tactics it can decimate when used right
12 Apr 2018, 07:16 AM

A churchy without support is a dead Churchill. Tank destroyers and a snare or any combo of snare and good at obliterates it. It’s a sponge that can shield while others flank and attack.

It’s not op when it’s alone but with combined tactics it can decimate when used right

it can easily deal with p4...and can even deal with panther...what do you talk about?
12 Apr 2018, 07:32 AM
Strategist Badge

Welp I guess it's time to throw some facts about counters into this thread. The churchill and other heavies similar to it like the KV-1 are in no means "OP". They have a specific niche situation where they can fuck you really hard if they catch you off guard though. Due to the units large HP pool and decent armor and gun it can engage P4s easily and come out on top. Panthers, while easily able to pen these tanks are not a serious threat due to the panther RoF vs the heavy HP pool. It simply takes too long for the panther to kill these tanks unless they're snared. So the only other option is massed AT walls made of AT guns or StuGs/JP4.

This is why they can catch you off guard in a 1v1 match. Say you're playing as OKW and get your p4 out, and then all the sudden a KV-1 comes out. Your p4 has barely over 50% chance to pen at min range frontally and far less HP which makes trading very bad against this tank. While the KV-1 isn't expected to kill the p4, it cannot effectivly be pushed away by the p4, meaning the KV-1 has free reign of the field depending on the AT gun situation. This situation lasts for 5-6 minutes until you can field a JP4 which is one of the only effective counters vs these types of tanks. The JP4 is also a specialized TD which has its limits in the 1v1 matchup as well, further limiting your composition. This is one of the reasons the churchill crocodile was so effective before DBP, since it couldn't be countered by panthers or p4s well and also eliminated AT walls easily, leaving only the JP4 and StuG capable of dealing with the tank. So if you didn't happen to have those tanks on the field or were far off from them, you likely got your ass kicked by the croc.

Ostheer is in a better position than OKW against these tanks because the StuG is dirt cheap at 90F. While you may need 2 of them to effectivly kill it or pak TWPs, they're not undefeatable.

In summary: You need your factions designated AT units to kill tanks. shocker.

Good post, shame no one else to reading it :(
12 Apr 2018, 11:08 AM

it can easily deal with p4...

would be underpowered if it couldnt

and can even deal with panther...what do you talk about

I think you are off your pills again.
12 Apr 2018, 11:14 AM

It's so OP nobody builds it.
12 Apr 2018, 12:58 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Good post, shame no one else to reading it :(

No one ever listens to me :(
12 Apr 2018, 14:01 PM

It's so OP nobody builds it.

Geneva Convention. It's so ridiculously OP that everyone agreed to not use it.
Like Napalm and Mustard Gas.
12 Apr 2018, 14:34 PM

Geneva Convention. It's so ridiculously OP that everyone agreed to not use it.
Like Napalm and Mustard Gas.

Mutually assured destruction via Churchills.
13 Apr 2018, 03:34 AM

No one ever listens to me :(

It was to full of unbias stats and no toxicity. I got bored halfway through :snfPeter:
16 Apr 2018, 17:31 PM

AT mines then throw all your AT at it.

Assuming you invested in PGrens with shrecks, you could hide them in some corner or big hedge with a side view of where you'd expect the Churchill to hit the teller mine. The mine and first shrek salvo should be enough to make it panic backpedal.

If not, there's paks and raks. If there's only one, it can handle it on its own- But if there are two, then it can be forced off/destroyed.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Korea, Republic Of 5
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak