Login

russian armor

Fall Balance Preview

PAGES (17)down
18 Jul 2017, 13:45 PM

Your fellow clanmate played awfully, by intention, play against a different team or clan then we could believe the geniunity of your hard effort.

How about we play against you?
18 Jul 2017, 13:46 PM

We've overlooked doublechecking CP requirements for heavy units. That could be a nice idea.

Out of scope.
but they didn't add the elephant buff, that was in the scope right ?
18 Jul 2017, 13:48 PM

but they didn't add the elephant buff, that was in the scope right ?

Airburst shells were rejected by Relic on the basis of not wanting to alter the role of the unit. So, we're stuck with the bare minimum changes.

On the other hand, Elefant TWP is a lot more useful now. So, that's something that the Elefant does better than the Jagdtiger now.
18 Jul 2017, 13:52 PM

Airburst shells were rejected by Relic on the basis of not wanting to alter the role of the unit. So, we're stuck with the bare minimum changes.

On the other hand, Elephant TWP is a lot more useful now. So, that's something that the Elephant does better than the Jagdtiger now.
yea you are right.
BTW I don't understand exactly what they did not implement of your mod, can you put a list (general list not detailed) ?
18 Jul 2017, 13:52 PM

So, things went as I predicted. Treat the balance mod as something unofficial as to not piss off the axis players, then copy-paste the exact same changes into the official FBP mod and eventually, into the live game.

How about we play against you?

You can keep playing against yourself, that way you can build the fundamental basis for next OKW nerfs, cheater:lol:
18 Jul 2017, 14:01 PM

Panzerwerfer
Suppression is being removed from the Panzerwerfer. This unit could destroy infantry far too easily

:lolol:
Stuka Dive Bomb
• Will no longer instantly kill infantry within its AOE radius. Previously it could instant kill any infantry model up to 15 in-game meters.

What does it mean? Units will left with near 1 HP like after phosphorous or only previously damaged models will die? Or what?
251 Walking Stuka
The AOE and scatter have been adjusted to make the unit less devastating, particularly against team weapons that it could generally wipe out in one barrage.

Personally I see no problems with stuka wipes because next barrage will happen after long recharge. Mortars / nades wipe is worse because the unit inflicted it can continue to fight. Same with dive bomb. If you retreated your rifleblob to the Major and forgot about it don't blame the ost ability - blame yourself, deaf puddinghead.
Kubelwagen
To make the Kubelwagon

Wagen/Wagon. Don't blame forum members if even Relic can't spell it right :rolleyes:
Raketenwerfer Crew received accuracy from 0.85 to 1.

:lolol:
Penals will now need to upgrade PTRS rifles to have the ability to stick Satchels to vehicles.

:clap:
Still feels like penalblob will dominate in the infantry engagements but it's something to remove their everything-counter role.
1910 Maxim HMG
Dshka HMG Team

You call these changes?o_O
KV-1

And these are interesting :thumb:
• Formations adjusted for all team weapons to increase spacing between models when in cover.

:thumbsup:
• The Battlegroup between now requires more distance between itself and obstacles before it can be deployed. This is to prevent it from trapping infantry models.

Damn, I thought the reason is to disable hiding it behind tall building or trees. So make this for mortar pits too!
Headquarters Glider
• Fixed an issue where the player could be locked out of the ability if the glider crash landed.

:thumb:
18 Jul 2017, 14:16 PM

I love how clueless Relic is in understanding how to unfuck their games
18 Jul 2017, 14:17 PM

I need something that's mobile god damn it, not a unit that requires babysitting in order to reach it's full potential. Plus we're basically paying the same price as a normal mortar, the only plus of the pit is probably the 2nd mortar for 160 mp but stil mobility is the name of the game, not being static.

And range, the single most important stat in a mortar.
But I don't think we disagree, we both want a normal mortar for the brits.

Tho for fairness sake, if that were to happen, the range would need to go down to 80 and a mobile mortar will actually require more babysitting that way.

Having an indirect fire unit that can only be countered by other indirect fire is a fail at design, imo, as it leads to arty-fest.

Mobile indirect fire units should be at a disadvantage when attacking an immobile indirect-fire unit. That's because the mobile stuff can pack up any time and harass any part of the game.

At the same time, however, when you have 30-second Brace in the game, there's no point flanking the emplacements. So, that's a fail.

Unfortunately, we didn't manage to convince Relic that Mortar Pits need to be made actually vulnerable to infantry (and no; lava nades don't count; there's a faction that's called OST that doesn't have access to lava nades). At the same time Brace, Cancer Commander and Forward Assembly are all out of scope.

Let's see how that goes..

I think you might not be responding to me, or rather it seems you are agreeing with me on points i didn't even consider :p

Either way, I hope you can answer this: what would be a reason for me to not instantly get the 160 mp upgrade on the mortar?

And don't say "when you don't have the manpower" <.<

18 Jul 2017, 14:19 PM

Permanently Banned

We've overlooked doublechecking CP requirements for heavy units. That could be a nice idea.

Out of scope.

Thanks, waht about add flayers to stuka dive bomb, coz sometimes in battle you jsut dont hear taht voice.
18 Jul 2017, 14:25 PM

So with this patch we have reached the point where the only viable infantry/team weapon unit from the entire soviet roster is the mediocre PPSH conscript ?
18 Jul 2017, 14:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2017, 14:17 PMzarok47

I think you might not be responding to me, or rather it seems you are agreeing with me on points i didn't even consider :p

Either way, I hope you can answer this: what would be a reason for me to not instantly get the 160 mp upgrade on the mortar?

Actually, it really is about early manpower investment.

In the early game you might really only be wanting the mortar to harass MGs with smoke, or be annoying. Then, you can spend the remaining 160MP to buy, say, an AT gun, or upgrade PIATs or something.

By the end of the game, sure; it is no-brainer to upgrade a well-situated mortar pit that has survived. However, this arrangement allows you to be more flexible about when/whether you really wanted to spend 400MP in one go, or in parts. (note that the upgrade also increases the popcap of your mortar)

On the other hand, if you don't like putting all your eggs in one basket, you can buy a second mortar pit and get access to a separate brace ability, or be able to select individual barrage targets.

In the revamp mod we had mortar pits cost 200MP vanilla + 150MP the second mortar. Given that Relic doesn't let us touch Brace, Forward Assembly or Cancer Commander abilities, that would have been OP.

Therefore, we're forced to hike the price of the Pit to what we currently have.
18 Jul 2017, 14:41 PM

Sad these changes didn't make it in

- Repair Rate Standardization (this is SUCH a no brainer)
- OKW Tier 4 Panzer Call-In Upgrade (Ability to have Obers sooner, manually target Flak Cannon, etc. is all great for strategy diversity and eliminates cheese of early Tier 4 area lock-downs)
- Infiltration Changes (Again, Grenades on Cool-down is SUCH a nobrainer)
- M20 Minelaying (M20 Mines are rather underused and this was a great change way to encourage M20 use beyond as a rush shock unit)
- USF Doctrinal Unit Fixes (Recon Company, Mechanized, Ass. Engineers, Pathfinders, P47 Stafe - everyone knows these units need love)
- Vickers Vet +20 Suppression with nerf to Vet 1 (Great change, Vet 1 garrison bonus is super obnoxious on some maps and Vickers suppression is lacking at times)
- Artillery Regiment Changes (Suxton, Valentine, Etc. ALL obviously need love)
- Base 25 Pounders - also needs love
- Soviet Doctrinal Infantry Changes (Both Shocks and Guards need tweaked as it is evident that Guards were overnerfed last patch and Shocks are still lackluster)
- M42 AT Gun - This was just a fun change to a useless unit
- Bundle Grenade and Light Gammon Nerf ( I wholeheartedly agree that they are too deadly now)
- Artillery Officer (I love this unit and the proposed changes would have made him much more useful without being OP)
- JU87 Stafe (Most people agree this needs toned down, Hello Lightning War meta!)
- Edit Addition - OKW Flak Emplacements (no need to explain!)
Phy
18 Jul 2017, 14:47 PM

wow 2 balance patches per year (unless fall becomes winter, like winter became spring b4). wow balance patch with limited scope, not adressing the main issues of whe game. wow balance patch that won't fix half of the issues of the game because the game is broken everywhere. wow 4th year after release and game is far to be fixed. wow coh2 not dead indeed.
18 Jul 2017, 15:01 PM

- No changes for conscripts? Continue to be the worst infantry.

... as they should be.
18 Jul 2017, 15:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2017, 14:17 PMzarok47

And range, the single most important stat in a mortar.
But I don't think we disagree, we both want a normal mortar for the brits.

Tho for fairness sake, if that were to happen, the range would need to go down to 80 and a mobile mortar will actually require more babysitting that way.

Look I'm fine with a normal ranged mortar that's mobile, I'll take it, as long as it's mobile I'll take it.

I'm dead serious.

I just a normal mobile mortar for the Brits, enough with this static emplacement bullshit, I hate the MG and mortar emplacements in CoH for the Brits as well.
18 Jul 2017, 15:03 PM

Still no Ostheer Panther buff? Disappointing. That was one of the major concerns over the last year on this forum.

Instead we delete Elefant and Jagdtiger from the game for the sake of 4vs4 scrub-mode.

At least the (real) StuG nerf didn't hit which means tier 4 will still be unviable as Ostheer since you can jsut spam StuGs 24/7. Now even more so since other alternatives got nerfed.
18 Jul 2017, 15:03 PM

I probably would guess that a team has at least 1 pop, so if there are 3 people or less in the squad it will always have at least 1 pop.
But keep in mind we're talking about Relic here.

I can see the 50+ T34 spam coming because of 300 one manned Maxims in the Soviet Base.

It's a patch preview. You can open the game, test it by yourself and give feedbacks. That's the idea. It's a FALL balance patch. It means it's gonna be live in not earlier than 3 months. There will be plenty of other changes like it was in a winter balance patch. There is no need to complain (at least for now ;) )

18 Jul 2017, 15:05 PM

Actually, it really is about early manpower investment.

In the early game you might really only be wanting the mortar to harass MGs with smoke, or be annoying. Then, you can spend the remaining 160MP to buy, say, an AT gun, or upgrade PIATs or something.

By the end of the game, sure; it is no-brainer to upgrade a well-situated mortar pit that has survived. However, this arrangement allows you to be more flexible about when/whether you really wanted to spend 400MP in one go, or in parts. (note that the upgrade also increases the popcap of your mortar)

On the other hand, if you don't like putting all your eggs in one basket, you can buy a second mortar pit and get access to a separate brace ability, or be able to select individual barrage targets.

In the revamp mod we had mortar pits cost 200MP vanilla + 150MP the second mortar. Given that Relic doesn't let us touch Brace, Forward Assembly or Cancer Commander abilities, that would have been OP.

Therefore, we're forced to hike the price of the Pit to what we currently have.

Or you spend 400 mp early game and get the near indestructible mortar we have now+the ability to sqaudwipe (with abit of micro outside the 85 range).

If the only reason not to get the upgrade early game is mp orientated, how do you explain the current phenomenon where the 400 mp mortar pit's are build up to 2 in early game?

18 Jul 2017, 15:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2017, 15:05 PMzarok47

Or you spend 400 mp early game and get the near indestructible mortar we have now+the ability to sqaudwipe (with abit of micro outside the 85 range).

If the only reason not to get the upgrade early game is mp orientated, how do you explain the current phenomenon where the 400 mp mortar pit's are build up to 2 in early game?

Oh, that's because of the massive auto-attack range in live.

In order to dodge a barrage you simply have to click a target location 5 meters away, and the pit can't harm you for another minute.

If you're willing to sink 400-800MP on immobile indirect fire, odds are that you won't be able to survive the first light vehicle; or that the enemy is doing something seriously wrong.
PAGES (17)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 94
Peru 45
United States 35
United States 23

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L