Login

russian armor

Why does the KT have blitz?

14 May 2017, 20:13 PM

Why do any of the German tanks have Blitz? It makes no historical sense whatsoever (not that it always should) and feels very annoying. I'd sacrifce USF crews being able to get out of their vehicles and repair if germans got rid of their stupid abilities on their tanks.

'Cos Blitzkrieg. Historically accurate, kupo.

It's not a guaranteed escape, though it is very useful it's true.

maybe if you factor in spammability of allied mediums vs non-spammability of axis mediums and the fact that allied mediums can outperform the axis ones (except t-34, which tbf is cheap)

Also, King Tiger is kewl.

PS higher error tolerance.
15 May 2017, 00:00 AM

maybe if you factor in spammability of allied mediums vs non-spammability of axis mediums and the fact that allied mediums can outperform the axis ones (except t-34, which tbf is cheap)

Also, allied tanks already have good mobility, t34s, Shermans and Cromwell are all very mobile. Well, and about heavies, most of them are slow (and they should be), but then there are Comets. KT with Blitz is not really fast in my book.
15 May 2017, 03:51 AM
Patrion 15

Why has blitz? For gameplay purpose.
It would be very boring game If every tank feels same. Same goes for USF crews. It's useful sure but not that imb4!#&*
15 May 2017, 07:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2017, 17:00 PMGarrett
Seriously? I mean the KT isnt known for its incredible speed. However, giving a free "blitz" ability to already super agile British tanks is not even mentioned?

------
USA can have 25 tanks/100 pop
SOV can have 11 tanks/100 pop
UKF can have ~6 tanks/100 pop

They are patterned after Wehrmacht, after a fashion.
British had 2 main types of tanks : Infantry tanks (slow, heavily armored) and Cruiser tanks.
Less armor, but insanely powerful engines.

The Cromwell and The Comet are Cruiser tanks. And, yea, they go fast.

British sacrifice Quantity for Quality.
I know, I know. You'd rather Comets be like T34/76 but costing 185 fu
and without engines, or tracks.
15 May 2017, 09:14 AM

OKW King Tiger/Panther Combat Blitz:
+40% speed
-50% received accuracy
+100% accuracy

OST Tiger/Panther Blitzkrieg:
+15% speed
-25% received accuracy
+30% acceleration

/lol
15 May 2017, 09:32 AM

+100% accuracy

Does this mean I can engage combat blitz while stationary and increase my dps?
15 May 2017, 09:33 AM

+40% speed
-50% received accuracy

+100% accuracy

OST Tiger/Panther Blitzkrieg:
+15% speed
-25% received accuracy
+30% acceleration

/lol

15 May 2017, 10:33 AM

Its like you don't know what a .5 moving modifier does.
15 May 2017, 11:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2017, 18:21 PMGarrett

... Why dont they try Ost, oh yes, because it is a challenge and your infantry dies quickly...

Man, you make my "dedicated-to-play-Ostheer" way of playing CoH2 seems idiotic :gimpy: .

On the topic, according to Mr.Smith information, yeah, the Combat Blitz is just really, really absurd! It needs to be in-line, aka exactly the same, with Wehr's Bliztkrieg. In addition, I know Blitz on KT/Tiger seems stupid, but what else would you give them if Blitz got removed from these two (Yeah, KT can have Spearhead straight at vet 1, but what about Tiger? The same thing, maybe?)
15 May 2017, 11:40 AM

are both blitz's not suppose to be different? 1 being combat the other one not? but 100% accuracy LOL
15 May 2017, 14:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2017, 18:25 PMGarrett

Yea, OKW has a higher error tolerance, same for most allied factions. Most of the times you lose as OSt when you make only one mistake. Mostly because you rely on your team weapons and if they get stolen you have double the damage since the enemy will use them against you. Without MG support you stand no chance against allied infantry. As Brit losing some men is no problem (in team games at least), you can always come back. Just need your mortar pit and your Cromwell and you are fine.

I did mean okw, ost is pretty skill based and I really enjoy playing with them. I would disagree about high error tolerance for allies though. If you lose a rifle squad or squad of tommies, the bleed from reinforcing means you're probably not going to get another one for a while, and it can also mean up to 120 muni down the drain for weapons upgrades you probably have them.
15 May 2017, 14:25 PM

In addition, I know Blitz on KT/Tiger seems stupid, but what else would you give them if Blitz got removed from these two (Yeah, KT can have Spearhead straight at vet 1, but what about Tiger? The same thing, maybe?)

How about Cap point ability? I think every heavy tank need this very usefull and so popular ability.
15 May 2017, 23:19 PM

Man, you make my "dedicated-to-play-Ostheer" way of playing CoH2 seems idiotic :gimpy: .

On the topic, according to Mr.Smith information, yeah, the Combat Blitz is just really, really absurd! It needs to be in-line, aka exactly the same, with Wehr's Bliztkrieg. In addition, I know Blitz on KT/Tiger seems stupid, but what else would you give them if Blitz got removed from these two (Yeah, KT can have Spearhead straight at vet 1, but what about Tiger? The same thing, maybe?)

Dont get me wrong, I love Ost. But its just frustrating when you are obviously better than your opponent but you lose because you cant compete against allied artillery. If allied blob cant win the game, just call in enough indirect fire.

About the blitz, yea I dont understand why the OKW blitz ability is so much better than the one from Ost...
15 May 2017, 23:49 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

I think making vet 1 spearhead would be great. KT vet is lack luster anyways cause the tank itself is already great. If this was done though you'd see just how absurdly powerful the KT double tap is with spearhead. That exploit is an infantry destroying wrecking ball.
16 May 2017, 04:41 AM

P4 or Flak Spam is very doable. Ostheer have no problem spamming that especially with fuel drops.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★