Login

russian armor

Panzer III

21 Jan 2016, 08:50 AM

Panzer III starting with the short of long gun?

Could have an upgrade at munitions to become the J version with the better gun. Just a suggestion.
21 Jan 2016, 08:52 AM

all these stuff are doctrinals, while soviets doctrinal tank are already heavies or at least late game and they got very erly light tanks where Ostheer have mostly late game tanks and only P4 is decent, Stug G is like a tank destroyer (despite the fact it's supposed to be assault gun not TD) and ostwind which is fairly weak

I don't think Relic will add any new stock units anytime soon and I'm pretty sure OP wanted it doctrinal. Only thing Relic did in the past is switching a doctrinal unit with a stock one.
So if we consider Ostheer lack of medium tank design that much impacting today with the meta evolution, which units could be swapped from stock to doctrinal to replace Stug-E or Puma and having it T2 unlocked after BP2.

I'll say Stug-G for the Puma. So Ostheer has access to a light armored unit countering fairly well Stuart/T76/Sherman and the Stug-G could take place in those doctrine with an increased CP requirement.
21 Jan 2016, 09:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2016, 08:33 AMKatitof
I find plenty of reason to complain about allied related stuff too(stock 34/85 ideas, SU-100, pershing to name a few).

The difference is you are pushing for new additions on the Allies side, but arguing against them for the Axis side.

And last but not least, we're talking mp, which happens in 44/45 years, where P3 were undergunned and outdated, their use was limited exclusively to occupation forces instead of frontline troops, so it wasn't even used in the period we have in mp.

The Panzer III was in service until the end of the war, the Model N was used as an infantry support tank. Besides, Relic never let rarity stop them, you should know, you've complained about that before!

There, I've elaborated and covered both, balance and historical reasons why P3 is even less likely then hotchkiss.

A Medium Tank last modified in 1943 is outdated, but Light Tank last touched in 1940 isn't? Now you're just trying to troll.
21 Jan 2016, 09:06 AM

Panzer III starting with the short of long gun?

Personally I think I'd start it off with the Ausf. M with a sidegrade to the Ausf. N.

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2016, 08:52 AMEsxile
I don't think Relic will add any new stock units anytime soon and I'm pretty sure OP wanted it doctrinal.

I'd like it non-doctrinal but I accept that is the least likely thing to happen, so doctrinal would be alright.
21 Jan 2016, 09:12 AM

Well, doctrinal PzIII would be your lifebout which OST needs so much in many games.
21 Jan 2016, 09:16 AM

The difference is you are pushing for new additions on the Allies side, but arguing against them for the Axis side.

Like pershing or new infantry types for sovs or archer or SU-100? :romeoHairDay:

The Panzer III was in service until the end of the war, the Model N was used as an infantry support tank. Besides, Relic never let rarity stop them, you should know, you've complained about that before!

A Medium Tank last modified in 1943 is outdated, but Light Tank last touched in 1940 isn't? Now you're just trying to troll.

Rarity is not relevant, I'm more concerned about potential roles, which already is filled by THREE other armored doctrinal units.

Besides, light tanks have significantly different role then mediums, P3, no matter how you'd like to look at it-is a medium tank. Early war one, stomped by T34, but medium nevertheless.

Lights were used as recon, specifically for that Luchs was made instead of abandoning P2 all together.

We're still going to stop 1 anyway, where all possible roles are already filled with other units and adding units for the sake of adding units is pointless, you either end up with completely useless piece of shit(M-42) or units overlaping each other, making one or another irrelevant.
21 Jan 2016, 09:43 AM

I like new units, but I do not think that Pz.III will be add in game because:
1) The short answer: Pz.III is not enough OP for CoH2 germans.
The long answer: Pz.III not in the time interval. The Germans used since the beginning of the war Pak 36, Pak 38, Marders, Pz.III, Panzerbüchse too the end. We don't see them in game because a late stage of the war, not early.
2) The short answer: In terms of gameplay Pz.III will not add anything new to the game.
The long answer: Pz.III with 5sm long barrel? Another puma with better armor. Short 7,5 sm barrel? Another commander Pz.IV.
21 Jan 2016, 09:44 AM
Donator 11

In addition, its pointless to bring long barreled version, because Puma exists, you might not like it, but the role is taken here.

Short barreled one is pointless for the same reason because of command P4 and StuG-E, no reason to bring exactly same gun on yet another platform that would be just smaller copy of command P4.

And last but not least, we're talking mp, which happens in 44/45 years, where P3 were undergunned and outdated, their use was limited exclusively to occupation forces instead of frontline troops, so it wasn't even used in the period we have in mp.

There, I've elaborated and covered both, balance and historical reasons why P3 is even less likely then hotchkiss.

I agree with Katitof here. If Relic will make a Pz III, they should give it where it belongs, that is to a third Axis faction, Afrika Korps.
21 Jan 2016, 09:51 AM

Panzer III should be doctrinal but not a call in and require teching imo and YUCK how can people pick the ugly hotchkiss over the PzIII?!!!!!!
21 Jan 2016, 10:37 AM

I'm okay with the idea. Make it better than the USF Stuart in terms of firepower, but have armor values that are lower than the Panzer IV.
Depends on the Ausf.

The most common variant, the Ausf. J would have less armor.

But the Ausf. L and M actually had better turret armor (77mm vs 50mm) than a Panzer IV, while only having 10mm less hull armor (70mm vs 80mm). I think it would be nice to have the Ausf. M with vet2 and that would be similar in armor protection to the later Panzer IV. The gun should be lacking.

That would also fit the time frame better and would stick to the vet system of Ostheer vehicles.

Alternatively that ugly Panzer IV command tank could be changed to a Panzer III Ausf. N. Stubby Panzer IVs in 1944 are rather out of place.
21 Jan 2016, 10:59 AM

Banned
Maybe in a commander but I seriously think if the OSTH get a light tank that's better than the Luchs, they will be OP as fuck.
21 Jan 2016, 13:50 PM

OST needs a stock light vehicle to survive. Not another DLC nonsense.
21 Jan 2016, 14:34 PM

The Pander 3 would be a good thing but the faction already has 3 armored units that do the same thing.

An idea to add the stug with the short barrel in T2 would be much better.
21 Jan 2016, 19:20 PM

Add 80 fuel 320 mp non doctrinal puma to tier 2 and replace the one in mobile defense with the okw puma
Problem solved
21 Jan 2016, 19:45 PM

This or the Pz 38(t) would be interesting, if it would be a t2 maybe the 37mm gun and if t3, the 50mm.
21 Jan 2016, 20:10 PM

I'd prefer the Panzer III to the P38t. I mean realistically the amount of USF needs M24 Chaffee threads means the USF in all likely hood will eventually get one of those so the Germans getting the Panzer III is fine. If you support the Chaffee you should support an this.

Remember unit diversity doesn't hurt anyone; it adds options so we all don't see the same strategies recycled over and over again.
21 Jan 2016, 20:10 PM
Donator 11

P3 would have been a great unit to include as a part of the core faction for OST. Doubt Relic would add it as anything but a doc unit at this point so no need for it. Already have the puma if you want stronger vehicle to fill the T2/t3 gap.
21 Jan 2016, 20:11 PM
Donator 11

(edit) Dam google search and lazy eyes, this dank meme is for the wrong tank

GIVE IT TO ME

(Any model is fine just give it to me :snfPeter:
22 Jan 2016, 00:04 AM

I would really love to see this Panzer make it into the game. I have been wondering why it was not includiing since the game was launch. It would fit a perfect role taking the place of the stuart and I think I am not the only one who wants to see this awesome piece of war history included in the game.
22 Jan 2016, 01:28 AM

I would love to see a P3.....if there was a Afrika Corps..,, I would Imagine it be a lot like the United States in terms of "flexibility" and no real end game units (because outdated etc) except for like docs that can call in like tiger tanks.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 31
unknown 7

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment