Login

russian armor

Panzer III

22 Jan 2016, 01:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2016, 01:28 AMGenObi
I would love to see a P3.....if there was a Afrika Corps..,, I would Imagine it be a lot like the United States in terms of "flexibility" and no real end game units (because outdated etc) except for like docs that can call in like tiger tanks.

Coh 3 my friend, Coh 3......
:snfMarcus:
22 Jan 2016, 01:59 AM

why would Afrika Corps be in Vietnam.....or so I hear from a unreliable rumor...:unsure:
22 Jan 2016, 02:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2016, 01:59 AMGenObi
why would Afrika Corps be in Vietnam.....or so I hear from a unreliable rumor...:unsure:

Are you sure you aren't thinking of Red Orchestra, a different WW2 game that is making the shift to Vietnam?

Nothing at all's been announced or rumoured as far as CoH3 goes.

Fixed typo 4 years late
22 Jan 2016, 02:56 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Are you sure you aren't thinking of Red Orchestra, a different WW2 game that is making the shit to Vietnam?

Nothing at all's been announced or rumoured as far as CoH3 goes.

I heard a rumor it's going to be set in space. Don't tell anyone though, I'm not supposed to be talking about this.
22 Jan 2016, 02:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2016, 01:59 AMGenObi

What what Vietnam what o_O
22 Jan 2016, 04:52 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I hear it's going to be early World War I, so the gameplay will fit the playerbase blobbing constantly pretty much perfectly :snfQuinn:
22 Jan 2016, 05:10 AM

Base game: Battle of France 1940 (France vs Germany)

Expansion pack: North Africa 1940-41 (UK vs Italy)

:banana::banana::banana:

French campaign can end with holding the line for the Brits to evacuate at Dunkirk.
22 Jan 2016, 05:21 AM

Base game: Battle of France 1940 (France vs Germany)

Expansion pack: North Africa 1940-41 (UK vs Italy)

:banana::banana::banana:

French campaign can end with holding the line for the Brits to evacuate at Dunkirk.
Or a campaign on the Germans... WITH SPACE LASERS and AT-ATs.
22 Jan 2016, 06:25 AM
Senior Editor Badge

Stupid how the P3 isn't in this game at all... Really takes away the historical accuracy.

Anyway, it would've been cool if there were options for the short barreled and long barreled P3, or maybe just one long barreled one.

P3 would be a great way to add into T2 as an expensive unit or with side tech, giving the player option of choosing P3 now, or wait 2-5 minutes for a tougher P4.

Sadly, Relic didn't want side tech for Ost/Soviets, really. Vanilla coh2 seems almost like a step back from coh1. One would've expected them to build on that in terms of tech, especially with PE's upgrades which were, arguably, too numerous, yet also a good idea.
22 Jan 2016, 06:26 AM

Or a campaign on the Germans... WITH SPACE LASERS and AT-ATs.

Or that

:(

I'm hoping for a CoH where the Ze Germans are in a time period where non-German Axis faction makes sense and they are a fast, mobile striking faction because they lack meaningful heavies. The Germans had their biggest successes over this time period, before the Big Cats came along and when the Allies were the ones with the heaviest armor on the field. It'd be an interesting reversal, IMO.
22 Jan 2016, 07:23 AM
Donator 33

As long as thematically the t3476 kills it, and this thing kills infantry yea I'd say fine. But something new that hasn't been in either game would be preferable. They put a short 75 I'm a limited number of Pumas but we know relic has no qualms about units built in dozens being in every team game.
22 Jan 2016, 08:04 AM

Coh 3 "Afrikakorps", there you are Relic. 2 initial factions, Afrikakorps and Brits, then 2 DLC factions, muricans and italians. Now pay me some copyrights... :)
22 Jan 2016, 08:13 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2016, 08:04 AMJohnnyB
Coh 3 "Afrikakorps", there you are Relic. 2 initial factions, Afrikakorps and Brits, then 2 DLC factions, muricans and italians. Now pay me some copyrights... :)

No, let them make CoH2 DLC "Afrika Korps" instead, with both desert and marine maps. Warfare in Africa, Sicily and Italy 1941-1945. They could also add desert and marine commanders for both USF and Brits (for free in the game), and one SAS Spec Ops DLC commander for the Brits and one Spec Ops DLC commander for the USF.

Relic don't need to pay me for the copyrights.
22 Jan 2016, 08:14 AM

The prob isn't whether they need pz3 or not ffs. The prob is whether is it worth the effort to make another new model and texture to balance a dying 3-year-old game supposedly .
22 Jan 2016, 08:34 AM

The prob isn't whether they need pz3 or not ffs. The prob is whether is it worth the effort to make another new model and texture to balance a dying 3-year-old game supposedly .

Steady population, which explodes with every major update is dying for you?

You have a weird definition of "dying" my friend.

CoH2 isn't dying any more then SC2 is.
22 Jan 2016, 10:38 AM

Stupid how the P3 isn't in this game at all... Really takes away the historical accuracy.
Seeing that the focus of the games Ostheer multiplayer seems to be Operation Bagration, the Panzer III isn´t really historically relevant. Production stopped in 1943 so in the summer of 1944 there was an insignificant number of Panzer IIIs left that weren´t converted into StuG IIIs. Having the Panzer III would of course still be realistic, but they weren´t that common in 1944 to make the Ostheer faction unrealistic without them.
22 Jan 2016, 10:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2016, 10:38 AMButcher
Seeing that the focus of the games Ostheer multiplayer seems to be Operation Bagration, the Panzer III isn´t really historically relevant. Production stopped in 1943 so in the summer of 1944 there was an insignificant number of Panzer IIIs left that weren´t converted into StuG IIIs. Having the Panzer III would of course still be realistic, but they weren´t that common in 1944 to make the Ostheer faction unrealistic without them.

Common units like Luchs, Ostwind, 251/17, Jadgtiger, Strumtiger say hi! :D
22 Jan 2016, 13:49 PM

Common units like Luchs, Ostwind, 251/17, Jadgtiger, Strumtiger say hi! :D
Exactly the other way around. I did not mean Ostheer would turn unrealistic with the Panzer III. I meant it is not unrealistic if they don´t have it. They can have it but it´s not a must have. Gbpirate voiced the opinion Ostheer would be unrealistic without it.

Still: I would also like to see it ingame. However I would like to see it as a substitute for the Panzer IV. Cheaper and a bit weaker. Like in the original Coh ToV, where you could switch between the bike and the Kübelwagen, Marder III and Geschützwagen, Kangaroo and Cromwell.
22 Jan 2016, 19:03 PM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2016, 13:49 PMButcher
Exactly the other way around. I did not mean Ostheer would turn unrealistic with the Panzer III. I meant it is not unrealistic if they don´t have it. They can have it but it´s not a must have. Gbpirate voiced the opinion Ostheer would be unrealistic without it.

Still: I would also like to see it ingame. However I would like to see it as a substitute for the Panzer IV. Cheaper and a bit weaker. Like in the original Coh ToV, where you could switch between the bike and the Kübelwagen, Marder III and Geschützwagen, Kangaroo and Cromwell.

I was speaking more in the context of the campaign, not necessarily just the multiplayer wehrmacht faction.

Relic should've just had a early/mid war and late war factions to start. Could've launched with four similar factions, giving them room to do things like Afrika Corps, Italian faction, British N. Africa/British Late war faction.

of course, that's all complicated and such. I also really like Luvnest's idea, having Wehrmacht be a super aggressive, light/medium armor faction like it was in '41/ summer '42.
23 Jan 2016, 07:29 AM

Relic should've just had a early/mid war and late war factions to start. Could've launched with four similar factions, giving them room to do things like Afrika Corps, Italian faction, British N. Africa/British Late war faction.

Would have been cool, and they could have a US Doctrine with Americans taking the role of Elite Infantry, because they would be the only unit fully equipped with Semi-Automatic Rifles and maybe the only unit that may use Rocket Launchers (depends on the time frame).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 10
South Africa 2
unknown 10
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %