Login

russian armor

Pak 43 88mm is too effective against US in 2v2

25 Aug 2021, 11:15 AM

You know many 2v2 maps are narrow and small, for examples crossing the woods and road to Kharkiv. Even the US player played well in the early games, the Wehrmacht player could just build one Pak 43 to counter your tanks. Then he could just start farming resources and waiting for a Brummbär, a Rocket Lanuncher. If you don’t have a M7B1 Priest or a Sherman Calliope, then you will be dying. They can easily wipe out your infantries while you can’t. It’s hard to take out the Pak 43 since they are able to recapture even recycle. After that, they can sent their infantries to push back step by step. This is disgusting.

:spam:
25 Aug 2021, 11:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Aug 2021, 11:15 AMHowie
You know many 2v2 maps are narrow and small, for examples crossing the woods and road to Kharkiv. Even the US player played well in the early games, the Wehrmacht player could just build one Pak 43 to counter your tanks. Then he could just start farming resources and waiting for a Brummbär, a Rocket Lanuncher. If you don’t have a M7B1 Priest or a Sherman Calliope, then you will be dying. They can easily wipe out your infantries while you can’t. It’s hard to take out the Pak 43 since they are able to recapture even recycle. After that, they can sent their infantries to push back step by step. This is disgusting.

:spam:

If only US had some kind of small howitzer which could barrage a static position...

damn, that'd help a lot...
25 Aug 2021, 12:04 PM

If only US had some kind of small howitzer which could barrage a static position...

1 PAK howi isn't going to cut it against the PAK43, especially after they inexplicably buffed its HP and since OST can build a single bunker to reinforce&heal right next to it.If you go double howi you'll lose out in inf/armor.
25 Aug 2021, 12:21 PM

Use Artillery. /Thread
25 Aug 2021, 12:22 PM

USF has non-doc pak howi, tons of smoke and (vet2) major arty.

Calliope, Priest, off-map clicks.

You have tools to deal with it
25 Aug 2021, 13:27 PM

USF has non-doc pak howi, tons of smoke and (vet2) major arty.

Calliope, Priest, off-map clicks.

You have tools to deal with it

I mean it is too cost-effective. It's too cheap in comparison with the price you paid to take it out .
They can simply recycle and build one.
25 Aug 2021, 13:49 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Aug 2021, 13:27 PMHowie

I mean it is too cost-effective. It's too cheap in comparison with the price you paid to take it out .
They can simply recycle and build one.

I agree with this point. Heavy howitzers and heavy AT guns have become rather cheap in terms of popcap and price. USF certainly have the offmaps to deal with these, but they're definitely cost efficient if you don't have the right commander.
25 Aug 2021, 14:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Aug 2021, 13:27 PMHowie

I mean it is too cost-effective.

wow ,forum, that's a new one,
25 Aug 2021, 14:57 PM

What, it isn’t clicked away easily enough by SPGs and other click abilities? Sure it can survive the vet 0 stock major arty but that’s about it.
25 Aug 2021, 15:14 PM

The only issue here is Scott short barrage
25 Aug 2021, 16:21 PM

The only issue here is Scott short barrage

I do feel like a lot of potential USF problems inevitably come to down to the Scott being underwhelming. Like in the hypothetical game where you teched LT and went for something like Heavy Calvary that has no offmaps then Pak 43 will probably give you some problems. In that way I feel for OP. On the other hand there are many many times where it's super easy to wipe Pak 43 off the map - especially if it's in an aggressive position. All in all I think it's a fair balance that is standard Commander pick and counter pick fare.
25 Aug 2021, 16:38 PM

Pak Howies are the best choise to kill static positions, like Pak43 or bunkers.

Or rush it with zooks. USF have plenty of zook-infantry in every single game.
25 Aug 2021, 17:02 PM

Or you can just abuse IR pathfinders like all the USF sweatlords and one tap it for 120muni.
25 Aug 2021, 17:59 PM

Doctrinal problems require doctrinal solutions.
26 Aug 2021, 10:11 AM

The unit isnt the problem, the maps you mentioned are
26 Aug 2021, 13:55 PM
Donator 11

Buys Scott...... Gets blasted :snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter:
26 Aug 2021, 14:32 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Or you can just abuse IR pathfinders like all the USF sweatlords and one tap it for 120muni.

uhhhh that's definitely not a strong commander pick :/
26 Aug 2021, 15:03 PM

Best and only non doctrinal way to deal with the pak43 that is set up in a more defensive position overlooking a VP and a bit beyond (remember, pak43 has 80 range) is to use major arty on it.
Another way is to use double pak howis but that's really only for offensive pak43s. The agility and movement on pak howi is really low and they drop models like flies (not to mention that every time a model is dropped, pak howi stops moving) so using it against a more defensive pak43 is not advised as you will most likely lose double pak howis (single pak howi won't kill it in any way, not with HE nor normal nor WP).
Scott can't be used as the barrage is in range of pak43. Can't use smoke as barraging units are seen through FoW so even if you carpet bomb the pak43 with smoke, it will still fire on the Scotts. That's it for stock options.
Non stock are I&R paths, but that commander is beyond shit so you're better of using major.
Arty commanders are also possible, basically any commander that has some sort of good indirect or offmap.
27 Aug 2021, 12:08 PM

I do feel like a lot of potential USF problems inevitably come to down to the Scott being underwhelming. Like in the hypothetical game where you teched LT and went for something like Heavy Calvary that has no offmaps then Pak 43 will probably give you some problems. In that way I feel for OP. On the other hand there are many many times where it's super easy to wipe Pak 43 off the map - especially if it's in an aggressive position. All in all I think it's a fair balance that is standard Commander pick and counter pick fare.

Agreed, for 10 less fuel than Katyusha/Panzerwerfer it shoots out wet noodles in comparison to those units. I would be for removing the Auto Attack Component and making the Barrage do actual damage from a longer range.
27 Aug 2021, 21:13 PM

Are we really making a complaint thread for a doctrinal and expensive static AT gun
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS