Login

russian armor

Commander Update Beta 2021 - Soviet Feedback

PAGES (40)down
9 Apr 2021, 15:53 PM

Because the field is better. The field slows down the enemy and makes him vulnerable. Common wire is mainly used to close doors from divisional units.
9 Apr 2021, 17:26 PM

On second look I think reserve army actually pushes a really unique play style that no other commander really supports. T1 + Conscripts or mixing Penals and Conscripts might not be incredibly strong but it is a very unique play style that the commander pushes. I think it doesn’t need a rework but could benefit from exchanging the ML20 for something else. The artillery doesn’t fit the best in this infantry based doctrine and doesn’t contribute much to the commander unless your just looming for artillery in team games. Some sort of late game call in like an artillery strike, a buff like for the motherland, or even maybe something crazy like the IS2 could probably be a good improvement to the doctrine and make sure this unique play style has the best chance to see some use.
9 Apr 2021, 17:47 PM

Damn, Soviet Airborne commander nerfed again?
Axis HATE him!
9 Apr 2021, 18:57 PM

On second look I think reserve army actually pushes a really unique play style that no other commander really supports. T1 + Conscripts or mixing Penals and Conscripts might not be incredibly strong but it is a very unique play style that the commander pushes. I think it doesn’t need a rework but could benefit from exchanging the ML20 for something else. The artillery doesn’t fit the best in this infantry based doctrine and doesn’t contribute much to the commander unless your just looming for artillery in team games. Some sort of late game call in like an artillery strike, a buff like for the motherland, or even maybe something crazy like the IS2 could probably be a good improvement to the doctrine and make sure this unique play style has the best chance to see some use.

The new ML/20 with smoke is an incredible support tool. That smoke is HUGE for infantry pushes and softening positions before pushes. ML/20 is a great support tool next patch.
9 Apr 2021, 19:25 PM

The new ML/20 with smoke is an incredible support tool. That smoke is HUGE for infantry pushes and softening positions before pushes. ML/20 is a great support tool next patch.

Yeah that's fair. I aminly was thinking you would want something maybe a little more immediately impactful to follow up the strong early-mid game due to PPSH cons and Penals backed up by team weapons.
Pip
9 Apr 2021, 19:33 PM

I definitely like the move to make Howitzers a little more Utility focused rather than making them necessarily powerhouse killing machines. The new LEFH ability is similarly a neat sounding utility, though I'd like to see it in action before putting it on a pedestal.

I mean, other than the B4 I guess. That's still apparently meant to be a "Make that guy go away" button.
9 Apr 2021, 23:01 PM

I too think reserve army would be a very decent commander with a Is2 instead of the ml20 and I'm sure loads of people would love a third is2 commander.

On the other hand the new ml20 is also better and more focus for supporting infantry and I don't want to dwindle the ml20 any further.
9 Apr 2021, 23:20 PM

For the B-4, I think we could consider other alternative ways of using it. Perhaps if it kept the single shot, but either came paired with an Artillery Officer; or a unit like the M3 Scout Car; that had the ability to call for a precision barrage on target. It gives the choice between firing one shot from the meme cannon with full scatter anywhere on the map, or firing a more precise shot that must be called in by a unit within 30-40 range of the target.
10 Apr 2021, 05:02 AM

LeFH receives airburst volleys that have wide AOE, apply blinding to the vehicles and do not use muni

ML20 receives smoke rounds which only create the same smoke pockets as smaller calibre mortars do, yet it cost 35 muni.

I'm curious what is the design reason behind this? why does smoke rounds cost munis but the direct-damage rounds doesn't?
10 Apr 2021, 07:09 AM

I simp for the old B4 the new B4 is hot Garbage. Now my Comrads Let's start a revolution of red against the Tsarist "Balanced Team" who would deprive the masses from the means of meme production. This horrible crime can not go unpunished. Let our red wave sweep the changes.
10 Apr 2021, 07:20 AM

I dont agree with the B4s direct fire damage only being 400.

It does less damage than the avre. Its difficult to use as you not only obviously need it pointing towards the direction of the vehicle, but you also cant have anything higher than a picket fence or shrub higher than your waist in the way to fire.

I would adjust it to 480 dmg then at-lease mediums would require a at gun shot to finish off and maybe not share cool down with the normal barrage.

Right now its just one word, disappointing.

Also range dosnt increase at vet 3 still on the ability, its in its vet but dosnt apply.
10 Apr 2021, 08:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Apr 2021, 16:59 PMOlfin

My second best faction after OKW is Soviet by the way, and don't forget to be polite kid.

🤓
10 Apr 2021, 08:40 AM

120mm Mortar

The ability is can easily create problem with OKW tracks since has super value to "HEAT Barrage" which is a vet 2 ability. It will make OKW truck build only in base.

152mm Howitzer Strike

The ability can take out OKW trucks and should not be available with Recon planes.

PPsh

The ability should take up the weapon slot.

ISU-152

Since the Elefant change remove tracking from the unit since it should not be able to selfspot (same goes for SU-85)

T-70

Since the MOP remove the reckon ability when cloaked from tank hunter ability.
10 Apr 2021, 08:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2021, 08:40 AMVipper
120mm Mortar

The ability is can easily create problem with OKW tracks since has super value to "HEAT Barrage" which is a vet 2 ability. It will make OKW truck build only in base.

152mm Howitzer Strike

The ability can take out OKW trucks and should not be available with Recon planes.

PPsh

ISU-152

Since the Elefant change remove tracking from the unit since it should not be able to selfspot (same goes for SU-85)

T-70

Since the MOP remove the reckon ability when cloaked from tank hunter ability.

And what about OKW truck decimating a full hp squad in 3 rounds?
If OKW wants to build trucks close to the frontline, it should get punished for it.

Man, you really just want to nerf everything and call it a day? Losing hard with axis so you need nerfs to allies?
10 Apr 2021, 08:58 AM

Damn, Soviet Airborne commander nerfed again?
Axis HATE him!

Well, SVT cons may be the most cost-efficient mainline in the game. Cheap, decent close and mid range dps, great vet bonuses, has sprint, has molly, has AT nade, available rather early in the game. I seriously can't blame balance team for nerfing them. Although Rocket strafe nerf is a bit harsh. I'd rather see more abilities like this in the game, then click and win screen-sized abilities like Zeroing or literally any loiter.
10 Apr 2021, 08:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2021, 08:40 AMVipper
120mm Mortar

Move out and deal with 120mm instead of waiting and watching it chip away trucks health?

152mm Howitzer Strike

There is nothing wrong with offmaps and recon as long as there is no heavy there as well.

PPsh

That's just being salty about PFs and hope to drag allied unit down with it.

ISU-152

ISU already got range nerf to HE. Again, this is just salt induced response to spotting scope nerf.
10 Apr 2021, 09:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2021, 08:58 AMKatitof

Move out and deal with 120mm instead of waiting and watching it chip away trucks health?

Pls do not offer me advice when I asked for none.

Your suggestion is also rather pointless. The 120mm will have finish the barrage before unit even reach it at which point it can simply relocate. Even if unit reach it in time it can simply retreat.

There is nothing wrong with offmaps and recon as long as there is no heavy there as well.

Yes there is.

That's just being salty about PFs and hope to drag allied unit down with it.

Salty is your trade not mine. I have very little problem with PF losing their 2 weapon slots but for the exact same reason PPsh conscripts with 4 PPsh should lose the 1 slot

ISU already got range nerf to HE. Again, this is just salt induced response to spotting scope nerf.

You are the one who take balance changes personally not me. The AI of the ISU is irrelevant. If long range TD should not be able to selfspot that applies to ISU which is has the same range as Elefant in AT mode.

My suggestion: If you are going to post in feedback thread, either test things yourself and provide feeback or make suggestion of your own but pls stop derailing these thread by turning balance into personal vendettas.
10 Apr 2021, 09:23 AM

And what about OKW truck decimating a full hp squad in 3 rounds?
If OKW wants to build trucks close to the frontline, it should get punished for it.

Man, you really just want to nerf everything and call it a day? Losing hard with axis so you need nerfs to allies?

OKW can be aready be countered, They should not be counter from 100 or with single off map.

Else simply make them available only in base.

Can we pls lose the conspiracy theories?
10 Apr 2021, 10:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2021, 09:11 AMVipper

Pls do not offer me advice when I asked for none.

You may not have asked for one, but you terribly need one.

Your suggestion is also rather pointless. The 120mm will have finish the barrage before unit even reach it at which point it can simply relocate. Even if unit reach it in time it can simply retreat.

Single one will not destroy anything larger then bunker. You have plenty of time. If you still choose to sit and do nothing, it doesn't matter if its time fuse barrage or regular one, both will always look "op" and "problematic" to you if you do nothing about the unit(and no, I don't mean another forum nerf crusade- feels like its needed to mention this, I mean stop camping and attack its position)

Yes there is.

Because....?
Not one single player complained about offmap+recon.
It was always and exclusively about that combination together with heavy armor.

Salty is your trade not mine. I have very little problem with PF losing their 2 weapon slots but for the exact same reason PPsh conscripts with 4 PPsh should lose the 1 slot

I'm not the one running across the threads, demanding nerfs to every single unit from oppositng factions that is within the scope of changes.
PFs have much better offensive vet then cons, are much more powerful at long range then ppsh and on much more flexible squad. There is no balance reason for ppsh to take weapon slot ESPECIALLY when compared to a unit like PFs that gets MUCH MORE from G43 upgrade.
7th man for cons DOES take weapon slot.
There is no reason why PFs 6th man+weapons should not.
There is still no argument why PPSH should.

You are the one who take balance changes personally not me. The AI of the ISU is irrelevant. If long range TD should not be able to selfspot that applies to ISU which is has the same range as Elefant in AT mode.

If you read the actual patch notes, you will clearly notice that it is is -NOT- about ALL tds not being allowed to self spot. Its specifically, by name, meant at Elephant and elephant exclusively.
You are trying to extend it to others with no balance ground to stand on. ISU AT is nowhere near that of Ele, its not even anywhere near that of SU-85.

My suggestion: If you are going to post in feedback thread, either test things yourself and provide feeback or make suggestion of your own but pls stop derailing these thread by turning balance into personal vendettas.

I have tested them.
That's why I'm calling your bullshit out now for what it is while providing my thoughts on changes.
10 Apr 2021, 11:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2021, 10:33 AMKatitof

You may not have asked for one, but you terribly need one.

Not from people who do not play the game.

Single one will not destroy anything larger then bunker. You have plenty of time. If you still choose to sit and do nothing, it doesn't matter if its time fuse barrage or regular one, both will always look "op" and "problematic" to you if you do nothing about the unit(and no, I don't mean another forum nerf crusade- feels like its needed to mention this, I mean stop camping and attack its position)

I am not sure what you have trouble understating. 120mm is not slow at Pak howitzer and can retreat.

Because....?
Not one single player complained about offmap+recon.
It was always and exclusively about that combination together with heavy armor.

I'm not the one running across the threads,

No you are the one with 17k+ post calling other noobs and executing mental gymnastics.

demanding nerfs to every single unit from oppositng factions that is within the scope of changes.

Since you are Soviet biased there are "oppositng factions" for me there are not.

PFs have much better offensive vet then cons, are much more powerful at long range then ppsh and on much more flexible squad. There is no balance reason for ppsh to take weapon slot ESPECIALLY when compared to a unit like PFs that gets MUCH MORE from G43 upgrade.

Yes there are both balance and consistency reason for PPsh to take weapon slot, but since you are so biased that you claim industry was fine there is little point in trying to explain them to you.

7th man for cons DOES take weapon slot.
There is no reason why PFs 6th man+weapons should not.
There is still no argument why PPSH should.

Pls stop replaying to imaginary post. I have not claimed that PS G43 should not take a weapon slot

If you read the actual patch notes, you will clearly notice that it is is -NOT- about ALL tds not being allowed to self spot. Its specifically, by name, meant at Elephant and elephant exclusively.

That is not even argument and the same reason apply to all long range TDs

You are trying to extend it to others with no balance ground to stand on. ISU AT is nowhere near that of Ele, its not even anywhere near that of SU-85.

The reason are the same as Elefant.

I have tested them.
That's why I'm calling your bullshit out now for what it is while providing my thoughts on changes.

You have tested what exactly how many post of your come are actually feeback from your testing?

Come to think of the MOD team does not need to read your BS so Bye Bye.
PAGES (40)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight