Login

russian armor

Commander Update Beta 2021 - USF Feedback

PAGES (44)down
15 Apr 2021, 06:06 AM

I couldn't tell you.

I'm just giving you my opinion. I think the live version is incredibly strong, and thought the first revision was a fair change. I'd completely disagree with their assessment that it is weak and that the revision wasn't user friendly. Its the same as a Grenadier Rifle grenade, and would most likely have paid for itself with 3 uses. It even had the upside of not knowing when the Grenade was going to be launched.

I've been using the ability for some time and I consider it more like a long range with lower impact flamethrower vs unit in cover.
15 Apr 2021, 06:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2021, 06:06 AMEsxile

I've been using the ability for some time and I consider it more like a long range with lower impact flamethrower vs unit in cover.

Flamer and rifle-grenades have very little in common.

Flamer squads have to close in to force enemy units out of garrison/heavy cover.
Rifle-grenades are used from distance and force enemy unit to constantly reposition making them lose DPS.
15 Apr 2021, 06:31 AM

Still kind of said that M10 is not viable. Perhaps if it was a 6cp call-in unit that would have been better. Sort of like a 'Oh crap' readily available no build-time clutch AT platform. Or if you are way behind to build a Major, but not enough for a M4A3, you would be able to pick M10 to fend of a P4. OR perhaps make it a call in like Command Panzer IV in preview patch.

Same with UKF Lend Lease.
15 Apr 2021, 07:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2021, 01:00 AMChukiki
wow, just sad how they ruin a rare unit

It was used in every game in 1v1. The pick rate for that commander was stupidly large.
15 Apr 2021, 21:45 PM

American Medi car now costs 10 fuel!?!??!?! Are u shitting me?!??
16 Apr 2021, 00:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2021, 21:45 PMChukiki

Wasn't it like this for a long time? I can't remember the times it was different.
MMX
16 Apr 2021, 01:55 AM

Wasn't it like this for a long time? I can't remember the times it was different.

same here, 10 fu as far back as i can remember.

but i guess you'd have to build one at least every now and then to know
16 Apr 2021, 02:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2021, 21:45 PMChukiki

How long have you been on a break? That change was really long time ago.
16 Apr 2021, 17:51 PM

How long have you been on a break? That change was really long time ago.

when?
Pip
16 Apr 2021, 19:15 PM

Some people play only 1 mode/faction and don't acknowledge that something else exist. It's like saying no one uses the Ele becasue they only play 1v1.

I have since come to the conclusion that I was le tricked.
19 Apr 2021, 20:31 PM

New paratroopers change is great. Most of the other changes make sense. Haven't tried to use the E8 yet but what about adding target weak point to the tank commander. Would be an additional incentive vs going for a reg sherman
19 Apr 2021, 21:21 PM

After trying the E8, I really like the tank commander. The tank felt like it was consistently hitting infantry unlike before. When it did hit it usually killed a model rarely did squad damage. At Vet 3 it almost felt like a sniper.
19 Apr 2021, 23:40 PM

Armor Company
- interesting change for 105mm, good work in making it valuable and unique in comparison to M4A3
- 240mm finally a good change for such an expensive ability (anything that hinders howitzer spam is good)

Airborne Company
- good news about standardizing Paras

Recon Company
- good news about standardizing Paras
- sadly still no separate Reserve Para Call-in or buildable option
- lowering trash canister shot ability and 50.cal upgrade in munition cost won't make a unit valuable which is to weak for its timing, please give Greyhound some love (-> tech + recon)

Rifle Company
- E8: 10 fuel for the changes still feel like a nerf, revert please
- Tank Commander: Tested it in cheatmod. The tank Commander feels weird, because it buffs the E8 in AT compartement while lowering its performance versus infantry (in comparison to 50.cal). E8 doesn't need more AT at the cost of AI, that way it will only get closer to M36 and it really just can't compete with M36. If anything E8 needs either more AI without loosing AT or a skill shot.

Mechanized Company
Sadly it got wrecked completely. According to coh2.stats it has the lowest loadout picking quote in 2vs2/3vs3 and 4vs4 in live version. Only in 1vs1 it managed somehow to get a third place.

1. Dozer blade was removed, that alone will drop its loadout picking quote in 1vs1 drastically.
2. Combined arms got a huge nerf by cutting vehicle reload bonus in halves and completely removing vehicle sight bonus
3. 76mm regular shell reload got nerfed by 0,75 seconds

I just don't get it. It already had it problems because of no doctrinal indirect fire options, its only strength was playing with high RoF 76mm Sherman in combination with Dozer Sherman. 76mm RoF was nerfed twice (directly and at combined arms), Dozer removed completely. Does anybody in the mod team hates this Company? What is the point of playing this Company ever again? Having a WC-51 that can repair for 25mun? Imo Mechanized is basically out of the game now.

20 Apr 2021, 00:36 AM

I just love the token change of +5% on reload on Pershing xD. Like that is it's biggest weakness. The 0.2 seconds less on reload. And not the fact that it will seldom bounce shots from anything above P4.

Paratroopers is a good change.
E8 still feels lackluster, played one game with it, nothing special. The gun does feel more reliable but it's still just not worth getting unless you're in a 4v4 and are going for a critical mass.
Want diversity with E8?
Increase price further and buff armour on it to 235 (OKW level). +15 or +20 fuel altogether with the current changes. Then it's in line with the comet.
In 1v1s, sure, an E8 will probably only brawl with P4s. But in 2v2+, you are not exactly getting the E8 to brawl with P4s, when there aren't any. Sooner or later the E8 will be useless vs a pak + panther combo, especially since most maps are such horribly designed lanes.

Rest of the patch seems fine.

Pershing will still not be picked though. 270 armour is lackluster in anything beyond 2v2 where you're sure to be penetrated multiple times in one second of trying to push anything. Increasing armour to 285 would do the trick. About 4% less chance to penetrate, which means that the standard AT (about 200 penetration) would have 70% and not 74% chance to penetrate, which seems reasonable for a heavy tank. After all, M57 needs ammo to penetrate a panther but that's why Jacksons exist. USF vehicles are by default low armour and having one such unit would probably increase pick rate in team games. Especially with the upcoming overnerfs of CalliOP.
20 Apr 2021, 00:53 AM

Pershing needs to be capped at 2. It's the weakest of all of the heavies and has stats closer to the Panther than the Tiger. I think that would help a bit and make it better on team games. I'm always disappointed when I build it.

Still sad that the bulldozer sherman got removed from mech.
MMX
20 Apr 2021, 02:10 AM

like the change to the wc50. the self-repair is a good compromise between vehicle crews and the current situation. this might give the dodge a bit more breathing room in the early game without ending up being too strong.

however, i'm completely baffled by the m4c changes; the high rof was what kept this unit kind of unique and used to be the biggest selling point over just getting a regular sherman. both AT and AI (which already took a hit as a result of the .50 standardization in the last patch) receive a pretty hefty nerf with the reload increase without any compensation, which imho makes it hard to justify spending the extra fuel over a regular sherman (or t-34 variant).
now i get that the m4c may have been a bit too effective in the past, especially once reaching critical mass, but a small cost increase would arguably have been the better call.

20 Apr 2021, 04:42 AM

DAMN. You even Nerf 76mm Sherman's Fire rate? You truly tried to kill Mechanized company. Then give back the dozer blade and make 76mm sherman to 120 Fuel. Bloody hell! You are clearly just trying to kill Mechanized company.

If you truly nerf 76mm sherman too. You have to increase its penetration of AP shell to 180/170/160.
20 Apr 2021, 04:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2021, 00:53 AMAshmole
Pershing needs to be capped at 2. It's the weakest of all of the heavies and has stats closer to the Panther than the Tiger. I think that would help a bit and make it better on team games. I'm always disappointed when I build it.

Still sad that the bulldozer sherman got removed from mech.

2 pershing would just eat all your popcap and you have to baby sit them and more repair time. A well supported pershing is better than 2 pershing.
PAGES (44)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 44

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment