Login

russian armor

Commander Update Beta 2021 - USF Feedback

PAGES (44)down
Pip
1 Apr 2021, 18:09 PM

Uhhh I can't say exactly for the Calliope or Priest since I don't remember there being a limit on these units in this game, but I think it was made so for the Pershing since it's limited to only 1 in the field at any given time so if you can just decrew it you could call in another one lol.

That's a good point actually, I think I'm mistaken.
1 Apr 2021, 18:34 PM

Look onto vehicle crews for armor company. And Rifle company should give something to Rifles like how it was originally designed. Not a flare that nobody uses. Something good like smoke grenades or sprint or something.

Rifle company was originally designed to further enhance riflemen and now? It does seem like the commander has an identity crisis. I love the idea of the commander giving riflemen their smoke back, but that's my bias talking.
1 Apr 2021, 19:17 PM

Uhhh I can't say exactly for the Calliope or Priest since I don't remember there being a limit on these units in this game, but I think it was made so for the Pershing since it's limited to only 1 in the field at any given time so if you can just decrew it you could call in another one lol.

Calliope and priest, the removal of crew is to cut the cheese calling multiple of them far above the 100pop limit by decrewing them between barrage.

1 Apr 2021, 19:19 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Apr 2021, 09:57 AMEsxile
What a complet joke of patch for USF. Is there anyone that play USF in the balance team? That's a serious question.

The faction remains completly dependant on Calliope doctrines on team game which has been generously nerfed.

Basically only the rangers and 105 sherman see some relevant buff (and I don't really know why for the rangers)

- Pershing: I don't beleive the change is going to make much difference for it.
- Sherman 105: the barrage is a nice addition on paper, to see if it reflect well in game
- Ez8: Range buff is nice but still make the unit a mid-game gamble upon going M4A3/jackson, not a viable strategy. The doctrine is still dead as it is and soft buffing its minor abilities isn't going to cut for it.
- Rifle nade: do you remember it cost 60 munition to upgrade? Do you even know it? If the ability has to become a skill shot then reverse it. Make it an automatic upgrade to ALL Rear Echelon and cost 5 munition per use. Oh and the 15 seconds cooldown, like the cheery nerf on the cake, hilarious, How long is the CD actually, between 8 and 9 seconds, to 15. :clap:
- M8 Greyhound: Lol. What can we say more Who's going to select this doctrine anymore with last patch pakhowi nerf and then Pathfinder nerf and this "buff" to compensate it.
- I&R Pathfinder: Nice double nerf, increasing the delay and putting flare sooner. You've just kill the doctrine removing the cheese in it (which is good move) but leaving the doctrine helpless.
- Ranger: to be tested but I don't know why this change.
- Calliope: no even a price reduction associated to the nerf, not even a CP reduction. Pure and plain nerf to the only unit that make USF late game relevant. The nerf is deserved but the failure to give USF other late game abilities to make the faction viable is a problem.
-244 change: Who call that a buff for a 240 munitions abilities, 1 over 8 shell will not hit randomly.

-No change for airborn is huge deception. Not even putting the P47 price in match with other similar abilities.
-Recon support completely nerfed to the ground in two patches.
-Maybe see a reborn for armor company with the 105m sherman buff but the barrage is still shitty and
-Calliope heavy nerf but still not a single idea how to make USF less dependant on it on team game.
-M4A3 dozer blade removed from mechanized like "USF don't need it anyway everyone pick the 74m"

Aside from that some minor buff to minor abilites that isn't going to make those associated doctrine more interesting to use.

+1

Emphasis on reviving dead commanders like rifle, heavy cav, armor, and recon
1 Apr 2021, 19:20 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Apr 2021, 19:17 PMEsxile

Calliope and priest, the removal of crew is to cut the cheese calling multiple of them far above the 100pop limit by decrewing them between barrage.

Yes this is why vehicle crews were removed. However their ability to self repair should be preserved.
1 Apr 2021, 19:45 PM

Rifle company was originally designed to further enhance riflemen and now? It does seem like the commander has an identity crisis. I love the idea of the commander giving riflemen their smoke back, but that's my bias talking.

Originally you could call in Vet1 Riflemen for 300 MP. This was a crucial option since they came with AT grenade right from the start and reached other Vet-levels faster. In these days the company somehow lived up to its name. Maybe you should get M19A19A6 or Thompsons upgrade for Riflemen (balanced around CP unlock of course) instead of Flamer for REs.

But even more important is the role of the E8 in the company. Its just not interesting enough to choose it over M4A3/M36 combo and forgo Ranger+Calliope/Priest/Paras or Ranger+Pershing by doing so. Somehow it needs a special unique ability, because slight stat changes won't do it on their own. I'm not very creative atm. Maybe something like a WP shot, a tracking ability, some kind of a skill shot or HVAP?

1 Apr 2021, 20:02 PM

I am unsure with the nerf to the Calliope how USF will deal with the late game vetted axis infantry, or a control group of 2x AT guns being screened by Vetted Inf. At least with the Calliope you could punish that strategy...

Scott nerfed, Pack howi nerfed. Seriously how does one counter massed soft squishy flesh - its the use of artillery. MGs are pointless against blobs and you have the axis superior STOCK rocket artillery (Stuka and Pwerfer) that punishes crew and infantry units.

Can't wait till the patch hits mainstream with all theses changes. Competitive play with USF will be a joke. Axis players will enjoy it and their egos will grow as usual.

Yes, I play USF and it is my main fraction and I am biased to them.

1 Apr 2021, 20:04 PM

Originally you could call in Vet1 Riflemen for 300 MP. This was a crucial option since they came with AT grenade right from the start and reached other Vet-levels faster. In these days the company somehow lived up to its name. Maybe you should get M19A19A6 or Thompsons upgrade for Riflemen (balanced around CP unlock of course) instead of Flamer for REs.

But even more important is the role of the E8 in the company. Its just not interesting enough to choose it over M4A3/M36 combo and forgo Ranger+Calliope/Priest/Paras or Ranger+Pershing by doing so. Somehow it needs a special unique ability, because slight stat changes won't do it on their own. I'm not very creative atm. Maybe something like a WP shot, a tracking ability, some kind of a skill shot or HVAP?

I think ideally it should be a mix of the M4A3/M36 combo. However it feels really bad to use against infantry so I find myself just preferring the M4A3 if I wanted something to kill infantry with. I would enjoy the smoke shots the comet gets and WP over the crap tacular smoke launchers. It should thematically help riflemen and helping them get in feels like it serves that purpose.

Plus upgrading your echelons to flamers locks out smoke grenades. I understand why they did that, that just feels bad.
1 Apr 2021, 20:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Apr 2021, 19:17 PMEsxile

Yeah I know that but I don't remember there being a limit on them like for the Pershing.

I haven't played with them in a while, mostly been playing Mechanized and Rifle for the call in Shermans.

Heavy Cav I don't bother because 1 Pershing is just simply never enough to cover your weaker tanks.

That's why I keep repeating that I think the USF needs a meatshield tank like a Jumbo to take the shots for the Jacksons, similar to the British Churchill-Firefly combo.
1 Apr 2021, 22:07 PM
Donator 11

I am unsure with the nerf to the Calliope how USF will deal with the late game vetted axis infantry, or a control group of 2x AT guns being screened by Vetted Inf. At least with the Calliope you could punish that strategy...

Scott nerfed, Pack howi nerfed. Seriously how does one counter massed soft squishy flesh - its the use of artillery. MGs are pointless against blobs and you have the axis superior STOCK rocket artillery (Stuka and Pwerfer) that punishes crew and infantry units.

Can't wait till the patch hits mainstream with all theses changes. Competitive play with USF will be a joke. Axis players will enjoy it and their egos will grow as usual.

Yes, I play USF and it is my main fraction and I am biased to them.

Has there been any other rocket arty nerfed with a minimum range? The calliope is very strong but it is not overpowered considering its price and it being a doctrinal call-in. This HP nerf will make these hefty investments too vulnerable to JU87. Panther dives already do great against them. And they can't self repair either.

I hate calliopes too when I am playing as axis but I have an easier time killing them with a Panther dive than I do as allies with inferior tanks.

I think the reason why things like Pack Howie, Scott, and Calliope have been nerfed is because USF spam them late game when Riflemen cannot deal with elite axis infantry. You kind of have to make them, its almost impossible to win without indirect fire against axis.

Calliopes are just OKAY, they aren't very op anymore. But they will forever be used by USF because USF had no effective counter against late game infantry.

Atm shotgunning calliope is pretty risky anyways
2 Apr 2021, 01:30 AM

Crazy idea here:

What if Rifle Commander had an ability that allowed smoke grenades back onto Riflemen like when the army first came out.
2 Apr 2021, 03:35 AM

May i suggest:

Rifle comany:
- 0CP: M4A3E8
- 0CP: RIflemen Field defense.
- 0CP: Echelon rifle grenade (optional + Rm flare)
- 3CP: M1919A6.
- 6CP: Wp barrage

echelon flame can simply be scraped since there is better unit can equip it, namely ass engi.
Flare can stay in the same slot with echelon rifle nade or go to recon support. If anything it can be givent to pathfinder- a more dedicated recon unit.

Fire up can go to cav rifle in thompson package as they can make better use of the ability, or simply be scraped, as there are better ability with same effect, namely cover to cover.
2 Apr 2021, 04:30 AM

Reserve Armor to 76mm sherman(Nerf)
- Very Stupid Change. Mechanized Company Is a company with High-Micro and Various unit's Combining.
Mechanized Company's Sherman (At now, 75mm can use Dozer blade + 76mm Sherman) Reserve armor makes Sherman Slightly enhanced both way, and make better Frontal Brawl with 2 different ways.
75mm Dozer makes original Sherman Slightly Slower but have more Survivality, and 76mm Sherman makes sherman to have more firepower and slightly more mobility.

and both Are not Super Weapon, I think Reserve Armor must be Preserved. It makes Users to use more various units. If nerfs to make usable only 76mm sherman, It Will Clearly Prohibits Users Use Various units. the COH2's Way to play will Decreased. This must not be happened.

Caliope(Nerf) - OverNerfing. 110 Armor = 100% Penetration against Panzer 4 at all range.
Not like Ordinary Light truck or halftrack based Rocket Vehicle. Caliope is using a Hull of Medium tank, and it is the Slowest and most expensive. Not Very Necessary one. Maintain 400HP and 160/80 Armor and just Increasing fuel 115 to 125 is enough.

Armor Company(Buff) : Not enough.
105mm Bulldozer Sherman : good enough. but Increase Armor 215/80 to 220/110 can be better.
240mm Barrage : 7 Shells to 8 Shells, Make its damage 320 but Additional Damage to things such as 105mm or 88mm Fixed Guns.
Additionally,
M10 'Wolverine' Hasn't been Touched a lot. So It now have Higher Target size than Shermans, It is concepted with High Maneuver and Less Target Size-Dive TD. but It's Harmed, I think M10 Wolverine's Target size must be Adjusted as X18.
Assalut Engineers : should increase Grease Gun's Accuracy at 63%/17%/9.2% to 65%/30%/17%.

Rifle Company(Buff?)
Easy Eight Sherman : Acceptable. but Slightly More. Fuels must be 140~145. And Relaod time at V0 must decreased 6.0~6.6 to 5.5~6.1, and Armor 215/95 to 225/115.
2 Apr 2021, 04:42 AM

I thinks Reserve Armor's Dozer blade Removing Is Clearly Bad.
Both are not for 'Super Weapon' Like ISU-152 Elefant Heavy TD or King tiger.

It is Used as Primary Main Battle Medium tank, and made it to give many Ways to use USF's medium tank.
When USF needs Hazardous Bush Breakthrough and Harder tank, Then use 75mm sherman with Dozer.
When USF needs More Anti Tank Firepower, then Used 76mm Sherman.

Both are Shermans, Clearly Having Limits and Reserve Armor just make Shermans limits 'Slightly Larger'.
But Germans Simply can Press 'Advanced Shermans' with Panthers when USF fights without Jacksons. and Mechanized Company is one of the Lowest Rate of Jackson's Armor Roster Rate.

And You Know. Various Unit Lineups can Make COH2 More Fertile. Removing Reserve Armor will Harm COH2's Tactic Diversity.
2 Apr 2021, 07:02 AM

Dozer Blade was dumb and shouldn't have been added. Not only is it a very silly way to portray an armor increase, but it looks too similar to the Bulldozer.
2 Apr 2021, 07:18 AM

Dozer Blade was dumb and shouldn't have been added. Not only is it a very silly way to portray an armor increase, but it looks too similar to the Bulldozer.

I think not. At First, Dozer Blade costs 70 munitions and without any Armor add, just make Heavy Crush, Create Barrier(seldomly Used) and add 80HP.

at now. It makes Sherman's Armor 135%(160/80 to 216/108), 720HP but reduces its Max speed 6.4 to 5.44, almost same as Brumbar(-15%) and Hull traverse 34 to 32.3(-5%). and Increase Target size X21 to X23.

It have Some Pluses, But Clearly Takes Penalties too with 50MP 20Fuel.

390MP 130Fuel = Clearly expensive than Panzer 4.

You know, Panzer 4 with 350MP 120Fuel freely Gets 234/117 Armor when at V2.
76mm Sherman and 75mm Sherman are both having Plus Things, but are also have minus things.
and Preserving 'Reserve Armor' skill will make COH2's Unit diversity more fertile.

Commanders can be nerfed or buffed. but must not be killed. removing Reserve armor will clearly 'Kill' Mechanized Company. You know. WC51 'Dodge' got heavily Nerfed and Combined Arms will be nerfed too. Don't Think Too emotionally.
2 Apr 2021, 09:04 AM

Compared to cost of combined arms, its not worth the trade off, removing half of the benefits and halving rest for mere 35 muni decrease is not any more worth it. Smoke drop is still pretty bad as compared to other simular abilities it cant cover anything other short of single weapons team, it should get few more shells and get way bigger scatter so it could provide effective smoke screen. Cp could be ramped up if its too effective early on.

Not sure about pershing. Repair speed increasement through lower health with damage resistance is decent but it alone does not save unit. Speed increase by vet is handy but it could use something else. adding pintlemount mg would be intresting test, as its main cannon does not wipe infantry same way it used to and it could add more reliable source of anti infatry damage.

Barrage for dozer is welcome. Range and mobility buffs i dont belive it will save ez 8 as its still stuck in subpar commander. Rangers getting garands is welcome change, although i wish they could received some upgrade for longer distance combat, like inbuilt buff for Bar to get better accuracy from ranges like the bazookas get buffs with rangers.

RE rifle grenades become effectively weak now. They had meager damage from the get go and the redeeming quality in them was that they could autofire them at buildings.
2 Apr 2021, 10:28 AM

I haven't seen a bigger non argument in a long time.
PAGES (44)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS