Login

russian armor

Brummbar performance

PAGES (12)down
23 Mar 2021, 10:12 AM

Brumbar need speed reduction.
5,7 is too much.
23 Mar 2021, 10:13 AM

I think all it needs is a speed reduction, or at the very least, a reduction in acceleration.

Shame the game doesn't support changing the speed of vehicles going back because that's all it needs. It should not be able to get back from fights so quickly.
23 Mar 2021, 13:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2021, 10:08 AMWiking
Do you think Brummbar is able to go toe-to-toe against double ATG? In my humble experience it does, basically combining HE Sherman and Churchill strengths.

Yet it has a trade off, Sherman can fire AP and Churchill can hold its own against armour.

A brummbar is not killing any vehicles. Its only doing its job well. One jackson, su-85 or firefly is enough to keep it behind enemy lines.
Pip
23 Mar 2021, 18:31 PM

I just wish it was more like a glass cannon. It should punish blobs, but tanks should be able to reliably penetrate it frontally. It's just so infuriating to see it bounce jackson and su-85 shots, even fireflies bounce its frontal armor occasionally. It just feels like it's too survivable.

This is a function of it being very short ranged (for a vehicle). The thing has 35 range, is a casemate, comes at tier 4, and is all but unable to defend itself vs armoured threats. It unfortunately needs to be fairly survivable to fulfil its role, as it necessarily needs to be in range of AT options to actually do anything.

I'm not sure that it can be justifiably be made too vulnerable vs TDs unless it were given greater range... and giving an unit like the Brummbar greater range will cause balance issues all of its own.
24 Mar 2021, 01:34 AM

before last patch, maybe ukf had problems dealing with brumbar

but now, all allies should easily handle brumbar. unless you keep going for massive vet infantry blobs, thats you problem.

actually as 1000 ranked 2v2, i seen 1 usf team-mate doing rangers zooks blob in 2v2 games. cheezy and op against brumbar...
24 Mar 2021, 10:49 AM

I think all it needs is a speed reduction, or at the very least, a reduction in acceleration.

Shame the game doesn't support changing the speed of vehicles going back because that's all it needs. It should not be able to get back from fights so quickly.

+1
24 Mar 2021, 16:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2021, 01:34 AMmrgame2
before last patch, maybe ukf had problems dealing with brumbar

but now, all allies should easily handle brumbar. unless you keep going for massive vet infantry blobs, thats you problem.

actually as 1000 ranked 2v2, i seen 1 usf team-mate doing rangers zooks blob in 2v2 games. cheezy and op against brumbar...

Ranger zook blob is a good way to get fucked by a brummbar.
25 Mar 2021, 08:14 AM

Brummbär is a hardcounter to infantry with absolutely no AT.

Brummbar have better penetration then Soviet best non-doc tank.
25 Mar 2021, 15:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2021, 08:14 AMAradan

I assume you are excluding the SU85.
25 Mar 2021, 17:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2021, 15:58 PMSpoof

I assume you are excluding the SU85.

The su85 isent a tank ;)
25 Mar 2021, 20:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2021, 08:14 AMAradan

theres more to AT than just pen. rof and velocity are incredibly important. accuracy too. turns out all the pen in the world means nothing if you cvant actually hit the enemy or follow up (looking at you old is-2 gunner)
Pip
25 Mar 2021, 20:55 PM

The su85 isent a tank ;)

This is one of those "Technically correct" dealies, ain't it?
25 Mar 2021, 20:56 PM

theres more to AT than just pen. rof and velocity are incredibly important. accuracy too. turns out all the pen in the world means nothing if you cvant actually hit the enemy or follow up (looking at you old is-2 gunner)

Adding on, the Brummbar has low shell velocity and will only do minor splash damage most of the time.
Pip
25 Mar 2021, 21:00 PM

Can the Brummbar actually score a "hit" on a vehicle? As in, is it able to succeed an accuracy check and have its shell become homing like a normal tank can?

I haven't ever seen it do so, despite it nominally having the same accuracy as most medium tanks, I assume this is because it's technically some sort of "indirect" unit... Or that I simply haven't observed it happen somehow.
25 Mar 2021, 21:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2021, 21:00 PMPip

Can the Brummbar actually score a "hit" on a vehicle? As in, is it able to succeed an accuracy check and have its shell become homing like a normal tank can?

I haven't ever seen it do so, despite it nominally having the same accuracy as most medium tanks, I assume this is because it's technically some sort of "indirect" unit... Or that I simply haven't observed it happen somehow.

ive definitely used it against armour when the chance was there (extra damage is extra damage) but i have no idea how its designed to aim. vipper probably does but its beyond the likes of me. i imagine like you said it performs via the same rules as indirect fire but i cant confirm
25 Mar 2021, 22:45 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I'm inclined to say no, but it's easy to check. Take the fastest vehicle with the biggest size and line it to shoot it while it runs perpendicular to it.
25 Mar 2021, 22:50 PM

Oh yes brumbarr just got nerfed so we need to nerf it again, how about making grenadiers 3 man squad?
MMX
26 Mar 2021, 08:12 AM

though i haven't tested this for the brum specifically, i did some testing for the scott a long while ago which wasn't able to score natural (i.e. 'homing') hits even with accuracy set to 1. this seems to apply in general for artillery-like projectiles and i'd be surprised if the brum's 150mm were an exception to this rule. still, speaking from experience i'd say anything is possible in coh2 until proven otherwise and the test setup elchino proposed should be a surefire way to find out.
26 Mar 2021, 08:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2021, 08:12 AMMMX

though i haven't tested this for the brum specifically, i did some testing for the scott a long while ago which wasn't able to score natural (i.e. 'homing') hits even with accuracy set to 1. this seems to apply in general for artillery-like projectiles and i'd be surprised if the brum's 150mm were an exception to this rule. still, speaking from experience i'd say anything is possible in coh2 until proven otherwise and the test setup elchino proposed should be a surefire way to find out.

As far as I know ballistic weapons do to accuracy checks, Big_explosion weapons like Brumbar do not.

On the other hand the can score "collision hit" or damage vs AOE Penetration
26 Mar 2021, 10:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2021, 20:55 PMPip

This is one of those "Technically correct" dealies, ain't it?

No just jokingly pointing out cuz some people are getting pretty uptight about what certain units are allowed to do cuz of their name/type.
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS