• This thread is locked
PAGES (20)down
25 Dec 2020, 12:26 PM

I would change USF tech like this:

Platoon: ATgun, M20
Mecha Plat: Lieu, Stuart

Company: MG, Supportgun
Mecha Company: Cap, HHAT

Lieu & Cap only come to the field when Mecha is unlocked.

This will prevent double free squad from unlock 2 teches. Also to improve the variation of units (AT,MG,M20,Supportgun ; rather than AT,MG,Lieu,Cap)
25 Dec 2020, 21:53 PM

Only to autofire. The barrage is meant to stay strong.

Has anyone tried changing the pack howie to attack ground and barrage only? With this, give it the same attack ground range as barrage, but maybe increase it to 100 like the 120mm (ISG also?). It would make it a lot better against things like bunker spam and there would be no more micro-less damage from it.
25 Dec 2020, 23:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Dec 2020, 21:43 PMPip
...Its not rare (In teamgames especially) to have "too many" units and be unable to reinforce because of it, especially if you've stolen team weapons. Is there a balance concern as to why factions can't simply tell units to "go away"?...

I honestly wonder this as well. The all units mod has the ability to recall units for a resource refund. I think transfer orders isn't a thing just like how Withdraw & Refit was removed.

However, I really don't see the issue in removing infantry for no refund at all.
26 Dec 2020, 01:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Dec 2020, 21:53 PMGrumpy

Has anyone tried changing the pack howie to attack ground and barrage only? With this, give it the same attack ground range as barrage, but maybe increase it to 100 like the 120mm (ISG also?). It would make it a lot better against things like bunker spam and there would be no more micro-less damage from it.

I also thought about this. Just leave this unit full manual barrage & remove auto. But giving much faster manual fire cooldown
29 Dec 2020, 00:37 AM

M3 HT buff when?

The M5 and Osteer HT are much more effective in comparison for similar costs
The only advantage of the M3 is it's extra range, but with it's terrible dps, it's not really a good trade off, for the major reductions it receives in that regard.
30 Dec 2020, 19:44 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Is it a cheatcommands mod problem or the Stuart Point blank ability doesn't work at all after issueing a move command?
31 Dec 2020, 12:32 PM

The E8 just isn't good compared to the 76. I made a thread on it a while back but it all boils down to the 76 doing everything better at a slightly cheaper cost.

The E8's special is supposed to have no scatter while moving because of the HVSS suspension but the nerf to its main gun makes this special irrelevant especially how bad it is against armour. It used to slay infantry with its main gun (think Panzer 4 projectile combined with no scatter while moving). Without this bonus, the tank becomes really garbage for its cost. The other Rifle commander abilities are pretty lackluster too compared to the newer community made ones like Urban Assault.

More info here: https://www.coh2.org/topic/105224/winter-patch-current-state-of-doctrinal-armour/page/1#post_id818268

I really enjoyed reading about your article.
But the reason I don’t think that’s the answer
I don't think it's why the Rifle Company isn't coming out of recent tournaments.

The ez8 is definitely a unit that needs a buff. Moreover, it is clear why it has to be compared to 76sherman. If you compare the rate of fire of the 76sherman and the rate of fire of the ez8, it is clearly clear which tank is more efficient in terms of dps in battle. And the rifle company's major tactics are not so well-selected in tournaments because they are less efficient in recent tournaments.

Therefore, it is argued that the Rifle company needs to be adjusted so that it can be selected by the top tournament users. Of course, I think your data analysis is good. And thank you for your interest in my writing.
31 Dec 2020, 12:46 PM

Looking at the US military balance thread recently, I have a lot of concerns.
I am particularly active on the balance discussions of the Soviets and other factions, but I have hardly ever talked about the American thread, so I will try to write it.
Of course, I wish there were many friends who agreed or gave opinions on my story. When looking at the current patch, I am curious what the direction of the patch is.
As a user who frequently plays 4v4, it is true that I was quite disappointed with this patch.
In particular, the 4v4 US role is currently extremely limited. Basically, considering the nature of the United States that should benefit from aggressive engagements, We have to give priority to heavy weapons, not riflemen. Therefore, I am very concerned about the patch for this Pack Howitzer.
Stopping a Volksgrenadier with a US rifleman of the same squad has a significant loss of manpower over time.
Therefore, the role of Pack Howitzer, which has a relatively strong blocking power, is important. I had a foreboding after watching Tightrope's experimental video. Who will choose America in a 4v4 team game? I thought I would definitely not be welcome if I chose.
What I would like to suggest here is simple. I would like to insist on a patch rollback for Pack Howitzer, which has been patched so far.
If you can't roll back, you're at least able to stop your opponent. And I don't know if the people who are shouting delete as an issue of the current automatic shooting understand and talk about the US military properly.
31 Dec 2020, 15:13 PM

USF is currently dead in 3v3 and 4v4. Downright useless is pak howi in autofire. Barrage is still strong but the fact that 3 direct autofire shots did not kill 2 clumped up vet 3 and 4 volks says enough. 3 models dead in 3 shots. Out of 10.
Scott is meh but Sander did make sense when he talked about the changes so I'm guessing that change is mostly for 1v1. Scott not being able to barrage over sightblockers is still #1 uselessness in team games. The 6th man in pak also makes (almost) no difference whatsoever. Werfer doesn't kill the pak in one salvo though. I don't think any of my paks survived any werfer salvo in the past, whether I would displace and get hit on the margins or dead center of the barrage. Now, pak survives with barely enough hp. Usually needs one more shot from a pistol to decrew it (or just throw a rock at it)
31 Dec 2020, 16:52 PM

There's literally no part of USF Teamgame play that didn't get hit, and it was already the weakest teamgame faction in the game. (Even the 2v2 tourney was almost entirely Soviet + Brit)

Really want to see the Priest just outright replace the Scott in the stock USF roster. Several reasons for this:

1) It actually gives them a tool that can't be gotten by the Soviets or Brits stock, giving them a niche for team games.

2) It has little impact on 1v1s, where it will rarely get built.

3) It doesn't overlap in role with any existing USF stock unit.

4) Its adequate compensation for not having stock Rocket Artillery.

5) It opens up more room to diversify the Pack Howitzer away from being an oversized Mortar.
Pip
31 Dec 2020, 17:34 PM

There's literally no part of USF Teamgame play that didn't get hit, and it was already the weakest teamgame faction in the game. (Even the 2v2 tourney was almost entirely Soviet + Brit)

Really want to see the Priest just outright replace the Scott in the stock USF roster. Several reasons for this:

1) It actually gives them a tool that can't be gotten by the Soviets or Brits stock, giving them a niche for team games.

5) It opens up more room to diversify the Pack Howitzer away from being an oversized Mortar.

I'd get behind this, though I really would have to insist that the Calliope finally be brought a little more in-line with other rocket artillery if it were done.
31 Dec 2020, 18:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2020, 17:34 PMPip

I'd get behind this, though I really would have to insist that the Calliope finally be brought a little more in-line with other rocket artillery if it were done.

Calliope is an odd duck to balance due to its durability. I'd like to see them try something akin to the old coh:of AVRE where there is a munitions cost in reloading the unit (maybe same with the sturmtiger) and it actually be decent. That way it's a powerful unit but heavy use effects your economy.
Pip
31 Dec 2020, 19:03 PM

Calliope is an odd duck to balance due to its durability. I'd like to see them try something akin to the old coh:of AVRE where there is a munitions cost in reloading the unit (maybe same with the sturmtiger) and it actually be decent. That way it's a powerful unit but heavy use effects your economy.

USF have a lot of this, their indirect options are often a lot more durable than axis, or even other allied counterparts (Barring the Sexton). The Scott has sort of the same issue, taking three (!!!) shots to kill, despite being very long ranged, and quite cheap. It's very odd.

Either reducing the Calliope's hardiness, so it's actually possible to dive the thing to death, reducing its lethality (Which would kill the unit, honestly), or doing as you suggest, and making it some sort of Munitions Hog, would be nice.

2 Jan 2021, 12:39 PM

Your opinion is very interesting.
I never thought of replacing the M8 with a priest. However, that would require adjustments to the skillset of infantry and other companies. In particular, if the basic unit, Priest, is included in the skill set of a heavy cavalry company, it is likely to become the most powerful company from 1v1 to 4v4. If that happens, it would be a story that most of the unit rosters of the US military need to be changed. Basically, the U.S. military faction fills in the gaps through the company skillset and uses it as a strength. However, if the Priest becomes a basic unit, I think it's unfortunate that those characteristics of the US military will disappear.
Still, I don't think the idea itself is bad.
2 Jan 2021, 12:47 PM

USF is currently dead in 3v3 and 4v4. Downright useless is pak howi in autofire. Barrage is still strong but the fact that 3 direct autofire shots did not kill 2 clumped up vet 3 and 4 volks says enough. 3 models dead in 3 shots. Out of 10.
Scott is meh but Sander did make sense when he talked about the changes so I'm guessing that change is mostly for 1v1. Scott not being able to barrage over sightblockers is still #1 uselessness in team games. The 6th man in pak also makes (almost) no difference whatsoever. Werfer doesn't kill the pak in one salvo though. I don't think any of my paks survived any werfer salvo in the past, whether I would displace and get hit on the margins or dead center of the barrage. Now, pak survives with barely enough hp. Usually needs one more shot from a pistol to decrew it (or just throw a rock at it)

Yes. As you might think, this patch is focused on 1v1. All Rts are patched based on 1v1. But now Company of Heroes2 has more 4v4 users than 1v1 users.That is why I think the patch is the more difficult part. However, I don't think this patch for Pack Howitzer is right. This is because the concept of the unit of 1v1 and 4v4 is different, and the usage is also different. That's why I think, but I'm against Pack Howitzer being nerfed. This is because 4v4 has a narrower battle line per person than 1v1, and basically requires a countermeasure against 2v1 or a large amount of blobs. That's why Pack Howitzer is the best defense unit for the US military. I think that nerfing these units will eventually reduce the U.S. military's response to team game blobs. So I think your opinion is also right
2 Jan 2021, 12:51 PM

There is one thing I would like to suggest in Balance Thread. This is a skill addition to the Ranger squad that I talked about before. The Ranger Squad has special skills such as Grenade and Bazooka. But I think this is not enough. In particular, I think the appearance of the Ranger squad is slow compared to the Axis Call-in infantry. So I think it is necessary to adjust from 3Cp to 2Cp. And I think the Ranger squad needs explosives, especially the Shatchel, as a skill for the convenience of their mission. Of course I am referring to the basic Shatchel, not Anti-tank.
4 Jan 2021, 10:41 AM

Pack Howie has been receiving nerf after nerf, but no cost reduce?
I think the unit will be not worth the cost since it is pretty expensive and pretty much useless after the patch. The 6th man doesn't make sense really since the unit itself will be pretty useless. The change seems pretty random?
4 Jan 2021, 20:04 PM

V5

USF changes

M4A3 Sherman 75mm
The experience values of the Sherman are being brought in-line with its cost.
- Experience requirements from 2020/4040/8080 to 1780/3560/7120

M15 AA Halftrack
In AA mode, the M15 is still too strong compared to other AA units. Values for the machine guns have been lowered while the cannon has been restored to its previous form. If anymore adjustments are to be made on the unit's AA performance, it will be on its two machine guns.
- Machine gun AA chance from 15% to 8%
- AA mode 37mm AA chance from 20% to 30%
4 Jan 2021, 22:41 PM

V5

USF changes

Scott still useless. I mean for around the same price and around same time other factions get rocket arty that can wipe 1 or multiple squads on a single barrage and you still believe anyone will pay to use a unit that can at most kill 2 models on a barrage or if lucky force a repositioning?

You made sure that auto-fire will be bad enough to not invest on the unit for it alone but at the same time you make sure the barrage can't deal impactful damage to its target.
Then on a bigger scale pakhowi and scott were completely redundant only that they were useful and redundant to now be useless and redundant.
The balance team really can't find another solution to make their role more unique and keep their usefulness?
PAGES (20)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS