Login

russian armor

[Winter Balance Update] General Discussion

• This thread is locked
PAGES (44)down
12 Jan 2021, 23:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2021, 23:18 PMKatitof

I'd rather wait for him to clarify.
You literally have 2 options to interpret here.
You can do the math yourself, one is silly but there is exchange, 1 is lolzworthy, I'm assuming he didn't went with latter.
Basically it completely negates the on the move accuracy debuff infantry gets and even vs vet 3 tommies lee it still 0.8 acc close range, tho I really can do nothing more than that without creating a target table

the ideal would be just using an at gun shield, but it's not possible

btw where can i report bugs ? i think the fire fly has the wrong crush profile
12 Jan 2021, 23:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2021, 23:18 PMKatitof

You can do the math yourself, one is silly but there is exchange

So you didn't do any math yet either? I said I don't know about the numbers but the general idea could work (it's been done before)

You specifically compared the survivability to vet 3 7 man cons. If you're gonna do that, you should show the math. Or at least explain why it's silly...
12 Jan 2021, 23:50 PM

another good idea is instead giving it 6 men, make the reduced damage to 20% and the RA to 1.4
13 Jan 2021, 01:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2021, 23:07 PMKatitof

I'm assuming that he doesn't want to make the unit much more durable at vet0 then vet3 7 man cons, but I've seen worse suggestion from axis only crowd as well.

I think the suggestion was a concept not hard numbers.
The idea being the rak is less likely to be wiped by a single shot, but no more tanky against infantry. Or even LESS tanky against infantry (since it can still retreat)

Damage reduction are tricky though, and a 50% damage reduction would more or less require double the target size to reduce offset if my math is correct (double the shots hitting to make up for them dealing half damage) And even then it only accounts for chance to hit and not rate of fire, meaning you may run into some odd things like chasing SMG troops or semi auto rifles performance being too good due to ROF and an inability to miss
13 Jan 2021, 01:25 AM

Rak retreating is fine and adds flavor. Stop trying to kill imagination
13 Jan 2021, 08:05 AM

So you didn't do any math yet either? I said I don't know about the numbers but the general idea could work (it's been done before)

You specifically compared the survivability to vet 3 7 man cons. If you're gonna do that, you should show the math. Or at least explain why it's silly...

I did.
But it was so simple I didn't felt the need to share.
AND he clarified since, so I have no idea what you're trying to do here at this point.
13 Jan 2021, 14:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2021, 08:05 AMKatitof

I did.
But it was so simple I didn't felt the need to share.

LOL sure dude :rolleyes:
Even if I believed you that just makes you a massive hypocrite. You regularly demand that people show their numbers...

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2021, 08:05 AMKatitof
so I have no idea what you're trying to do here at this point.

Really? Cause I made it pretty simple for you: Why do you think the idea is silly? It's been done before

Grens lost their RA bonus in exchange for damage resistance. This is an RA penalty in exchange for damage resistance. Aside from the numbers, tell us why you think that concept is silly. Not sure what you don't understand here, just explain your opinion better...
13 Jan 2021, 15:09 PM

LOL sure dude :rolleyes:
Even if I believed you that just makes you a massive hypocrite. You regularly demand that people show their numbers...

I am very sorry for overestimating your ability to divide 1 by a half or multiply 1 by one and a half.
I will never again do the same mistake and accuse you of having a clue about 2nd ground school grade level math, I am sorry for my wrongful assumption that you do understand that level of math and in future will write all the equasions in detail together with symposium explaining everything step by step.

Really? Cause I made it pretty simple for you: Why do you think the idea is silly? It's been done before

Grens lost their RA bonus in exchange for damage resistance. This is an RA penalty in exchange for damage resistance. Aside from the numbers, tell us why you think that concept is silly. Not sure what you don't understand here, just explain your opinion better...

Now you went completely off the rails and are arguing for the sake of arguing.
13 Jan 2021, 15:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2021, 15:09 PMKatitof

I am very sorry for overestimating your ability to divide 1 by a half or multiply 1 by one and a half.

I'm not talking about finding their new target size/incoming damage values you clown. I'm talking about supporting your claim that vet 3 7 man cons have less survivability then that suggestion

That requires a lot more than multiplying or dividing 1 number by another. You also need to clarify against which weapons you're talking about... Which we both know you didn't do

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2021, 15:09 PMKatitof
Now you went completely off the rails and are arguing for the sake of arguing.

So you won't answer the question. Got it

And you accusing anyone of "arguing for the sake of arguing" is hilarious:clap:
31 Jan 2021, 14:28 PM

Is it too late to suggest a fix to stop ppl entering wired off houses, or is that inadvertently fixed with the next patch?
31 Jan 2021, 14:40 PM

There's nothing to fix, that is intentional. Garrisons can never be completely wired off, Relic changed this a long time ago. If the last or only door is wired off, the wire becomes void.

You can use a V-shape wire though, then units can still enter but they'll get trapped once they try to exit.
31 Jan 2021, 15:04 PM

There's nothing to fix, that is intentional. Garrisons can never be completely wired off, Relic changed this a long time ago. If the last or only door is wired off, the wire becomes void.

You can use a V-shape wire though, then units can still enter but they'll get trapped once they try to exit.

(I assumed they would escape fine as my opponent wasn't an idiot but he couldn't get away at all)

While I missed the memo on that change, testing it now with SP/CE/Pio wire on Lienne again, the squad can't escape that house at all, even pressing retreat. Tried escaping whilst attributing friendly/neutral/hostile wire but the same result occurs - The wire's fully functional. I've tried exiting the other three sides with TAB just in case there's a funny shaped door like a window, but there really is only one door. Whatever they did to fix it back then, doesn't seem to work any more. Or at least not with this house.

It's not a big issue anyway I suppose, the vast majority of houses have more than one exit.
Pip
31 Jan 2021, 15:44 PM

(I assumed they would escape fine as my opponent wasn't an idiot but he couldn't get away at all)

While I missed the memo on that change, testing it now with SP/CE/Pio wire on Lienne again, the squad can't escape that house at all, even pressing retreat. Tried escaping whilst attributing friendly/neutral/hostile wire but the same result occurs - The wire's fully functional. I've tried exiting the other three sides with TAB just in case there's a funny shaped door like a window, but there really is only one door. Whatever they did to fix it back then, doesn't seem to work any more. Or at least not with this house.

It's not a big issue anyway I suppose, the vast majority of houses have more than one exit.

This is different, the wire becomes void if the doors are physically blocked by the wire, such as if you place it perpendicular to the door, within the entrance, that house appears to have a box formed around the door by the wire, which bypasses this.
31 Jan 2021, 15:55 PM

We should have a toggle button for automatic minesweeping to prevent engineers from running out of a capture circle because they want to clear a mine :romeoMug:
31 Jan 2021, 16:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jan 2021, 15:44 PMPip

This is different, the wire becomes void if the doors are physically blocked by the wire, such as if you place it perpendicular to the door, within the entrance, that house appears to have a box formed around the door by the wire, which bypasses this.

Alright, thanks. Working as intended. Very strange to have such an easy workaround but okay, whatever. :)
11 Feb 2021, 00:20 AM
17 Feb 2021, 02:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2021, 00:20 AMLewka
Winter Balance Update, soon?

not so soon, 64bit update fuck us all.
Btw: Will USF have some treatments for anti sniper ?.
17 Feb 2021, 19:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2021, 00:20 AMLewka
Winter Balance Update, soon?

Patch has been finalised and is being made ready for release right now, so hopefully soon TM indeed.

To help pass the time until then, here are a few small teasers of additional QoL improvements that are coming:

17 Feb 2021, 20:06 PM

Do Sweepers have a new icon for the unit card with sweepers or is that just an additional weapon icon being placed above the equipped weapon blocked by the bottom of the unit card?

Also am I dumb? I don't understand the second picture. AP Incendiary rounds icon?

Can't wait for patch!
17 Feb 2021, 20:10 PM

ITS SO NICE! HERE WE GO GUYS!

The HMG is murdering that luchs with the nice new crew formation.
PAGES (44)down
3 users are browsing this thread: 3 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS