Login

russian armor

So does anyone ever actually use Osttruppen reserve ?

1 Sep 2020, 02:53 AM

90 ammo for maybe 1 squad of Osttruppen ( usually no way you can get more , unless you are blobbing straight into a B4 shell ) doesn't seem like a good deal to me.
1 Sep 2020, 05:18 AM

I think you meant Relief Infantry, Ostruppen reserves is in Mobile Defense doctrine that gives a pair of ostruppen for manpower (which I believe still has a random chance of spawning with lmg42).

And yes, I'm not a fan of this ability either. I did manage to get 3 ostruppen from a single use before (which means that I lost 15 or more models which is sad), but most of the times I'm like "dam, this was a situation where I should have activated it".

In theory if you manage to get some ostruppen from using it once, then the next time it should be easier to get more, due to ostruppen being squishy. However most people reserve their munition for more reliable abilities in said doctrines, like sector artillery or Stuka AT loiter.

The similar Rapid Conscription for soviets is probably a bit easier to use in this regard and grants a much better replacement infantry, thanks to the 7 men upgrade, but I'm still not fond of it.
MMX
1 Sep 2020, 05:41 AM

i think both relief infantry and rapid conscription suffer from the same problems; they come way too late cp-wise to be really useful and, on top of that, are too pricey for what they offer. they were somewhat ok before the nerfs to the active duration and number of squads that can be gained, but now i can barely imagine any situation where i'd spend the munitions over something else more useful. that being said, the introduction of 7 man cons and the t4-lmg upgrade improved things a little, but to make both abilities shine again imho the cp requirements would have to be lowered and either the duration increased or cost reduced.
1 Sep 2020, 05:43 AM

The similar Rapid Conscription for soviets is probably a bit easier to use in this regard and grants a much better replacement infantry, thanks to the 7 men upgrade, but I'm still not fond of it.

I also feel that the soviet counterpart of this ability is also better due to the fact that cons can merge. So if you lose 12 Models on Your 2 Mgs + Zis 3 Gun you can use them to reinforce

Osttruppen on the other hand are just meh infantry and might even make the situation overall worse for you, as they lower your MP income, which makes it harder to reinforce your units that suffered casulties ( which in this case are probably G 43 grens )
1 Sep 2020, 06:04 AM

Imo a replacement for Relief Infantry would be easier than trying to balance it, it is just too random and the benefits are questionable.
For Festung Support I would propose cp0 ostruppen or hull down. It's a defensive doctrine, these could fit imo.
For Lightning War it would be Assault and Hold from Infantry commander, goes well with the doctrine's nature.
1 Sep 2020, 06:45 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

These abilities are useless since they come late and only clutter your already finished infantry build. They are not really worth it until you get at least two squads out of them. But I don't need two new squads of infantry unless I recently got outmaneuvered and lost two. But if I am down two squads in the first place it is hard to lose enough models to get the new squads...

I'd still recommend to either replace it or rework to an ability that temporarily lowers reinforcement costs.
1 Sep 2020, 08:43 AM

Imo a replacement for Relief Infantry would be easier than trying to balance it, it is just too random and the benefits are questionable.
For Festung Support I would propose cp0 ostruppen or hull down. It's a defensive doctrine, these could fit imo.
For Lightning War it would be Assault and Hold from Infantry commander, goes well with the doctrine's nature.

Replacing them would be my proposal too. But please no more Osttruppen doctrines. Imo the "Osttruppen Doctrine" should have stayed the only one with CP 0 Osttruppen ( I mean ... it is literally named Osttruppen doctrine )

1 Sep 2020, 08:57 AM

I look every day 1-3 Streams/ cast from coh2. Never seen this ability in use. Never. Over 5 Years.
1 Sep 2020, 11:31 AM

My suggestion is that this ability last longer and provided a different type of infatry.

Target size 1 with the ability to merge but not reinforce so that these units can be used to reinforce front line units.
1 Sep 2020, 11:43 AM

it had really niche use before, but reducing its active time in half AND requiring 5 dead models made it unnecessarly much effort for ostheer to use.

if it had either 120 second active time like before or only 4 models required it would be fine.
1 Sep 2020, 12:26 PM

just reduce the cps significantly (to 2-3) cps and see how it goes. 5 CP is just way too high
1 Sep 2020, 12:36 PM

I hope just use ammo switch manpower,or like old OKW firestorm commander,when active ,lose 1 infantry will give 20 MP
1 Sep 2020, 14:13 PM

Both rapid and reserves should be remake, its a bad desing in a first place to base your abilities around loosing units.

Better to just remove thouse abilities and replace them with underused abilities from existing commanders.

Considering there are only 2 german and 2 soviet commanders using it.
1 Sep 2020, 14:49 PM

Could always replace it with the old "Recoup Losses" from Overwatch where you would get a portion of your lost manpower back. That ability wasn't great either but it serves the same function and is a bit more flexible since you can spend the recouped MP on whatever you like.
5 Sep 2020, 01:03 AM

I was never a fan of these passives that replace lost units, for the simple fact that you have to plan to use units, when typically you plan to avoid losing units. It's just kind of odd.
5 Sep 2020, 22:40 PM

If they also made it so that they reduced the time and cost to reinforce infantry in the duration it would have more use.

Like pay 90 munitions to quickly replenish your infantry and push out into another immediate assault, the relief infantry would be a bonus.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★