Login

russian armor

IR Halftruck Infantry Detection needs to be fixed

19 Mar 2020, 16:22 PM

I did some testing of the new units and I found something peculiar about the IR Halftruck's infantry detection ability. While it is a copy paste of the vet 1 ability on the 222, it does not require veterancy (reasonable, IR HT can't vet up) but the peculiar thing is that while the 222 has a 10muni cost for 20 seconds of activation and a 30 second cooldown, the IR HT has the same 10muni cost but for a 30 second activation and a 20 second cooldown.

My view is that the activation time and cooldown needs to be the same as the 222's, while the munitions cost needs to be raised to 20 since this is a cheap non-combat unit that doesn't need vet to acquire this ability.

If I could balance it differently I would remove this infantry detection ability altogether and add a 10sec defensive speed boost for 20 muni that would help save the IR HT if found by the enemy.
19 Mar 2020, 18:32 PM

If I could balance it differently I would remove this infantry detection ability altogether and add a 10sec defensive speed boost for 20 muni that would help save the IR HT if found by the enemy.

+1 Copy the style of the overdrive ability from m5 that also gives some target size reduction iirc
19 Mar 2020, 19:09 PM

+1 both good suggestions
19 Mar 2020, 21:42 PM

yeah, lets take an already trash unit and make it even more trash
19 Mar 2020, 22:26 PM

why not use a kubel then ? it has the same ability permanent for free for a unit that 1 is fast 2 can battle and cap points 3 comes at tier 0 and is already used 1 out of 8 time
19 Mar 2020, 23:10 PM

why not use a kubel then ? it has the same ability permanent for free for a unit that 1 is fast 2 can battle and cap points 3 comes at tier 0 and is already used 1 out of 8 time

Did you just skip right over the part where he said to replace the detection ability on IRHT?
20 Mar 2020, 14:34 PM

You're not going to be driving the IR HT around detecting units in the FoW like a 222.

Honestly though, this ability is total garbage for the IR HT. It should be replaced with something else like single pass recon, loiter, offmap smoke drop, or mark target, etc.
20 Mar 2020, 22:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2020, 14:34 PMSully
You're not going to be driving the IR HT around detecting units in the FoW like a 222.

Honestly though, this ability is total garbage for the IR HT. It should be replaced with something else like single pass recon, loiter, offmap smoke drop, or mark target, etc.

Mark Target would be really cool if the spotlight tracks the enemy tank and gives an accuracy bonus to attacking units.
20 Mar 2020, 23:03 PM

Mark Target would be really cool if the spotlight tracks the enemy tank and gives an accuracy bonus to attacking units.

id like something like that as well.
buffs and debuffs instead of a passive thing that some people can abuse and others cant appreciate.
could have a mark target type ability (i preffer the usf version than the soviey version and they we also dont risk overlap with the CPanther)
a debuff for infantry (shine the light in their eyes!) that slows them and decreases accuracy
a los ability
maybe an ability that decreases the effect of enemy cover if possible? (increased target size to units in cover kinda thing?)

there are many great ways to have the IRHT cool and useful and only as strong as the player using it makes it. it could be a great boon on the field and a great drain on the economy bringing back the okw resource starved feel.
21 Mar 2020, 12:34 PM

Mark target would be quite useful vs light vechicles with flak HT if it increased pen too
21 Mar 2020, 12:51 PM

Maybe add a creeping smoke barrage call-in for muni?

If people are worried it won't be worth using post patch.

23 Mar 2020, 04:27 AM

Can't we just kill this unit and replace it with something useful, like an actual 251 HT?
23 Mar 2020, 14:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2020, 04:27 AMFarlion
Can't we just kill this unit and replace it with something useful, like an actual 251 HT?

It has its uses, especially in teamgames where ze allies wait with a wall o'TDs waiting for you to dare to push forward with your armor. Very VERY hard to flank someone when they can see you coming 120 distance units away. I've yet to test out the new 85 visual sight range version.
23 Mar 2020, 14:23 PM

Does the intel bulletin for the IR light gets reworked aswell, or should people just 'not use it' anymore?
23 Mar 2020, 14:26 PM

Does the intel bulletin for the IR light gets reworked aswell, or should people just 'not use it' anymore?

Look at all the other bulletins that remain useless, because unit was changed up to this day for an answer.
23 Mar 2020, 15:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2020, 14:26 PMKatitof

Look at all the other bulletins that remain useless, because unit was changed up to this day for an answer.

This was actually the first one I noticed, but the OKW panzershreck bulletin also speaks of the 'volksgrenadier panzershreck'. I guess they had a shreck upgrade? Funny to be playing this game for almost 1100 hours and only now notice these things..
23 Mar 2020, 16:43 PM

This was actually the first one I noticed, but the OKW panzershreck bulletin also speaks of the 'volksgrenadier panzershreck'. I guess they had a shreck upgrade? Funny to be playing this game for almost 1100 hours and only now notice these things..

Yes, back in 2015 they had a 90 muni 'Cold Package' that added a Panzerschreck. Then it was increased to 110 due to all the blobbing complaints. And then reworked with what we now are familiar with as the 2xStg44 package. There were some other things such as even more received accuracy buffs at vet V for volks (removed later), huge xp gains for damaging vehicles (leading to very quick vet) and generally an unstoppable blob at 30 mins.

Back then, grenade throw range was still the same regardless of being suppressed/normal & flame nades had instant detonation so HMGs were hopelessly burnt to death.
23 Mar 2020, 20:31 PM

You probably can still find some penal battalions flamer bulletins too.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 46
Germany 24
Germany 45
Israel 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %