Login

russian armor

Panther Accuracy

14 Mar 2020, 09:39 AM

okw version gets moving accuracy but it's at vet 5

I happened to check the editor yesterday, and the OKW Panther gets +25% base accuracy (so not moving accuracy) at vet 5. Which together with the vet 4 scatter bonus makes it extremely accurate (in a test, stationary at max range versus an SU-85, it missed only 1 shot out of 20-30).

Getting it to vet 5 is a problem though, since the requirement is ~18k xp which is a hell of a lot for a unit like the Panther.
14 Mar 2020, 11:10 AM

I happened to check the editor yesterday, and the OKW Panther gets +25% base accuracy (so not moving accuracy) at vet 5. Which together with the vet 4 scatter bonus makes it extremely accurate (in a test, stationary at max range versus an SU-85, it missed only 1 shot out of 20-30).

Getting it to vet 5 is a problem though, since the requirement is ~18k xp which is a hell of a lot for a unit like the Panther.

Yep. Time to remove or lessen that to bring in line with ost panther. I reckon 4v4 okw is so strong because of such over look bonus.
14 Mar 2020, 11:17 AM

oh you mean double schrecks on a 4model expansive squad which has poor accu on far range and miss often...and must be in close range...but sadly will be easily wipe out than?

or did u foget trippel elite zoocks wich make 300dmg per salve...has long range accu and fast reload on a 6model squad?

did u mss the fact than every allie faction has the possbilty to can buy squads wich AT handheld AND AT NADES? this combination makes it much more easier to stop and kill enemy armor...shot one salve + at nade = enemy must stop his dive in...else lose.

someone should play the game with it possibiltys...

Every allied player will be agree on trading zooks with shreeks.
14 Mar 2020, 12:16 PM

Every allied player will be agree on trading zooks with shreeks.

Every axis player would agree trading shreks with zooks if they could also equip them on any infantry squad.
Double zook sweeper pios? Yes plz.
14 Mar 2020, 14:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2020, 03:18 AMLago
The Panther already stomps everything below it in cost pretty hard. An accuracy buff would make it stomp harder without making it substantially better against the units it's too weak against: heavies.

It needs a pen buff much more than an accuracy buff imo.

i think what you said is more important then accuracy buffs, so the panther can more reliability pen heavies.
14 Mar 2020, 14:48 PM

I think moving accuracy should be low on all vehicles.
14 Mar 2020, 14:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2020, 14:48 PMDomine
I think moving accuracy should be low on all vehicles.

I believe there's a 50% accuracy penalty for firing on the move for the majority of units. Iirc Shermans have a better one and Panthers worse.
14 Mar 2020, 15:05 PM

and Panthers worse.

That's incorrect, panthers have regular 50%.
They should be worse, going by historical gimmick that makes shermans have better one as accurate shooting with pretty much any german tank on the move was impossible due to lack of any stabilizers.
14 Mar 2020, 16:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2020, 15:05 PMKatitof

That's incorrect, panthers have regular 50%.
They should be worse, going by historical gimmick that makes shermans have better one as accurate shooting with pretty much any german tank on the move was impossible due to lack of any stabilizers.
Bullshit. The game design has the Panther as a chaser unit. That means it needs accuracy.

Your history argument is invalid since we have SU-85s outranging Panthers (which they couldnt) due to its role in the game. So give Panthers the accuracy.
14 Mar 2020, 16:09 PM

I believe there's a 50% accuracy penalty for firing on the move for the majority of units. Iirc Shermans have a better one and Panthers worse.

The rule (which gets constantly broken as Relic's patches do not value consistency) is tanks have 0.5 moving accuracy. USF's tanks, because of their advanced suspension, get 0.75 as a faction trait.

You can get the Panther's moving accuracy penalty down to zero by learning to time shots though: hit Stop just before it fires and it'll attack with full accuracy.

Bullshit. The game design has the Panther as a chaser unit. That means it needs accuracy.

Your history argument is invalid since we have SU-85s outranging Panthers (which they couldnt) due to its role in the game. So give Panthers the accuracy.

I really think buffing accuracy is the wrong approach. Even if you made them hit every shot they'd still have a hard time against heavy tanks, which they're meant to be a cost-effective counter to.

It should outperform the Tiger as a heavy killer, either by bringing the Tiger down or pushing the Panther up.
14 Mar 2020, 16:26 PM

Oh that's good to know. Veterancy guide is out of date or just wrong then

Either way like you said a vet 5 panther is a rare sight, and that leaves the ost panther with nothing still. I think a vet 2 bonus would be appropriate
14 Mar 2020, 16:32 PM

Great so we will have a high armor high health long range blitzing high accurate tank hunter. Good luck have fun playing against that. Should we also give it non-doctrinal smoke while we are at it?
14 Mar 2020, 16:37 PM

Great so we will have a high armor high health long range blitzing high accurate tank hunter. Good luck have fun playing against that. Should we also give it non-doctrinal smoke while we are at it?
An accuracy buff isn't going to make it OP but minimalize rng. It is simply frustrating that the Panther misses shots while being deployed in its intended role.

Currently the Panther is too niche to be fielded. The Panzer IV is a now brainer for OKW and Ost alike.
14 Mar 2020, 18:18 PM

An accuracy buff isn't going to make it OP but minimalize rng. It is simply frustrating that the Panther misses shots while being deployed in its intended role.

Currently the Panther is too niche to be fielded. The Panzer IV is a now brainer for OKW and Ost alike.

Its inteded role is vs heavies. It already bests mediums because they cant pen it reliably, cant outrun in alot of cases, get outranged and outflanked by it. That it can miss mediums is basicly their only saving grace vs the panther.

The heavies target size could be increased to emphezise this. Same could be done with 60 range heavy td,s. And have them geared towards heavies and less so vs meds.
14 Mar 2020, 18:19 PM

Its inteded role is vs heavies. It already bests mediums because they cant pen it reliably, cant outrun in alot of cases, get outranged and outflanked by it. That it can miss mediums is basicly their only saving grace vs the panther.

The heavies target size could be increased to emphezise this. Same could be done with 60 range heavy td,s. And have them geared towards heavies and less so vs meds.

Uhh, the Panther will lose to an IS 2
14 Mar 2020, 18:29 PM

The heavies target size could be increased to emphezise this

There's no wiggle room there. Heavies already have 26 target size, which means that a Panther already has a 91% chance to directly hit (and a higher chance in total because of scatter hits) heavies at max range and most TDs (0.04 far accuracy) already have over 100% chance to hit.
14 Mar 2020, 18:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2020, 18:19 PMDomine

Uhh, the Panther will lose to an IS 2

I do support a pen buff for the panther, so it can fight is2,s etc better. It has speed and i believe range over the is2. The pen buff should be adaquate to fit its role vs heavies.
14 Mar 2020, 18:32 PM

There's no wiggle room there. Heavies already have 26 target size, which means that a Panther already has a 91% chance to directly hit (and a higher chance because of scatter hits) heavies and most TDs (0.04 far accuracy) already have over 100% chance to hit.

Ok thanks for the info. I wasent up to date on that.
14 Mar 2020, 18:32 PM

There's no wiggle room there. Heavies already have 26 target size, which means that a Panther already has a 91% chance to directly hit (and a higher chance because of scatter hits) heavies and most TDs (0.04 far accuracy) already have over 100% chance to hit.

So if I'm correct, a panther has only a 45.5% chance to hit an IS 2 on the move??
14 Mar 2020, 18:40 PM

Panther already bullies meds and beats comets even in cqb duals. No reason to buff pen and accuracy even more on the panthers favor.

People are complaining about moving accuracy in the Jackson thread. So no it wouldn't be a popular move.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS