Login

russian armor

Panther Accuracy

13 Mar 2020, 00:07 AM

The Panther is commonly criticized for its poor moving accuracy. However, it does not get an accuracy/scatter bonus until Vet 4 which only affects the OKW Panther.

I suggest giving the Panther an accuracy bonus at Vet 2. This will match similar tanks such as the Comet.
13 Mar 2020, 00:13 AM

Comet is not similar to panther in any other way then being late tech tanks above medium and below heavy. Its penetration is very sub par for the cost and its not primarily tank hunter. It doesn't get any defensive bonuses contrary to panther.

Are you willing to give up range, survivability or penetration for that bonus at vet2?
13 Mar 2020, 03:08 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

I brought it up when the balance patch was first being introduced. Never heard a word on it. Not a focus for the team I guess.
13 Mar 2020, 03:18 AM

The Panther already stomps everything below it in cost pretty hard. An accuracy buff would make it stomp harder without making it substantially better against the units it's too weak against: heavies.

It needs a pen buff much more than an accuracy buff imo.
13 Mar 2020, 04:04 AM

It seems to miss constantly on the move, makes diving too risky thus making it's good mobility pointless.
13 Mar 2020, 06:30 AM

Nah nope no way.
Have you played 4v4 with 2 panthers each? My allies team can field as many 60td as we can but massed panthers are a nightmare.

I just had a game where one okw spam p4! And even that easily punish jackson.

If anything, remove the accuracy vet from okw to equalise with ost
13 Mar 2020, 07:00 AM

Since some one brought up the scatter bonus it get at vet 4 I would like to point out some things.

When it comes to AT weapons reducing scatter max can be a bad thing because when it misses the projectile might travel less distance and thus might under shoot especially for target that are reversing.

When it comes to angle scatter it is a bit more complicated since it depends on range speed and if the vehicles move one towards one the other or perpendicular.

Now unless someone does allot of in game testing with setting a weapons accuracy to 0 so that the majority of hits are collision hits the effect of this bonuses can not really be evaluated.
13 Mar 2020, 07:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2020, 06:30 AMmrgame2
Nah nope no way.
Have you played 4v4 with 2 panthers each? My allies team can field as many 60td as we can but massed panthers are a nightmare.

I just had a game where one okw spam p4! And even that easily punish jackson.

If anything, remove the accuracy vet from okw to equalise with ost

hmm..if u and and your teammates are not dumb you would spam handheld AT and at guns instead of TDs to stop pantherspam. than you would laugh about 8dead panthers in no time while u lost nearly nothing.
13 Mar 2020, 07:49 AM

hmm..if u and and your teammates are not dumb you would spam handheld AT and at guns instead of TDs to stop pantherspam. than you would laugh about 8dead panthers in no time while u lost nearly nothing.

You must mistake. I was talking about playing allies. We dont have dual shreks AT to spam and our 60td are useless against infantry blob.

Expensive single use 60td, and you wonder why axis cry bois about them
13 Mar 2020, 08:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2020, 07:49 AMmrgame2

You must mistake. I was talking about playing allies. We dont have dual shreks AT to spam and our 60td are useless against infantry blob.

Expensive single use 60td, and you wonder why axis cry bois about them

pleas read all your abiltys as allie:

- satchels prevent any armor dive easily (avaible by sov and USF)
- AT nades are aviable on all factions
- allies are kings in category "Handheld AT" since you have weapon racks and can get even on super cheap units double AT weapons. read the abiltys.
- you can use mines and super hard effective AT wall (like M1 with spending muni = best AT gun in coh2)
- mix than with super 60 range every time penetrating TDs...jackson is faster and more mobile than panther..and hit much better
- get 17pounder and laugh about dive in panthers
13 Mar 2020, 09:47 AM

- allies are kings in category "Handheld AT"

:rofl:
13 Mar 2020, 10:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2020, 09:47 AMAradan

:rofl:

oh you mean double schrecks on a 4model expansive squad which has poor accu on far range and miss often...and must be in close range...but sadly will be easily wipe out than?

or did u foget trippel elite zoocks wich make 300dmg per salve...has long range accu and fast reload on a 6model squad?

did u mss the fact than every allie faction has the possbilty to can buy squads wich AT handheld AND AT NADES? this combination makes it much more easier to stop and kill enemy armor...shot one salve + at nade = enemy must stop his dive in...else lose.

someone should play the game with it possibiltys...
13 Mar 2020, 10:58 AM

oh you mean double schrecks on a 4model expansive squad which has poor accu on far range and miss often...and must be in close range...but sadly will be easily wipe out than?

or did u foget trippel elite zoocks wich make 300dmg per salve...has long range accu and fast reload on a 6model squad?

did u mss the fact than every allie faction has the possbilty to can buy squads wich AT handheld AND AT NADES? this combination makes it much more easier to stop and kill enemy armor...shot one salve + at nade = enemy must stop his dive in...else lose.

someone should play the game with it possibiltys...

The much higher pen and damage on shrecks. First shot is fired quicker but have a longer reload. This is what i call balanced.

Yes their hh at is on squishier squads but axis tanks overall have an easier time vs allied tanks because of the overall lower armour and hp of allied tanks with only a few excpetions. Again balanced imo.

The snares on at guns and stug while allies can have snares on at squads. Faster moving shreck squads near vehicles. Strongest at mine in the game being on the axis side.

Both have sufficient at power. Just in different ways. Axis is more about alpha damage and allies in damage over time.
14 Mar 2020, 00:01 AM

Panther should get more accuracy with vet. Ost currently gets no accuracy bonus, okw version gets moving accuracy but it's at vet 5
14 Mar 2020, 00:37 AM

It seems to miss constantly on the move, makes diving too risky thus making it's good mobility pointless.

No more needs to be said.
14 Mar 2020, 03:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2020, 00:37 AMFarlion

Dive stop shoot and retreat. It has the armor, speed, hp, range, penetration, accuracy and even blitz. All perfectly package into a unit. What more an axis cry boi need except to whine for buffs? Sheesh..
14 Mar 2020, 07:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2020, 00:37 AMFarlion

Yes it does.
So a very mobile tank with very heavy armour and high pen and quite high hp, not very low rof and more range then normal tanks, slighty worse accuracy then a td but more then a normal tank. When it already man handels any medium 1v1 needs better on the move because....

It already has enough going for it. No need to add something like moving acc to that list. Unless something gives.
14 Mar 2020, 07:53 AM

Panther has never been this cheap. Support it with pak, pio, gren or ostwind. It has never been in such grand spot ever. Please no buff this unit
14 Mar 2020, 08:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2020, 07:53 AMmrgame2
Panther has never been this cheap. Support it with pak, pio, gren or ostwind. It has never been in such grand spot ever. Please no buff this unit

PANTHER CHANGES

Both Panthers are being standardized in reload and accuracy to improve performance; the health bonus at veterancy 2 has been shifted to the unit’s stock performance to improve its survivability against tank destroyers. Now possibly in its best spot yet.
Wehr Panther fuel cost from 175 to 185
14 Mar 2020, 08:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2020, 08:08 AMVipper

PANTHER CHANGES

Both Panthers are being standardized in reload and accuracy to improve performance; the health bonus at veterancy 2 has been shifted to the unit’s stock performance to improve its survivability against tank destroyers. Now possibly in its best spot yet.
Wehr Panther fuel cost from 175 to 185

Yes.
Im talking about combine arms basis after v1.3, panther is simply a cost effective unit if you support it with the other units i mentioned. In at least 1v1 and 2v2.

Any buff to panther itself will again throw 3v3 4v4 games heavily in axis favour
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★